FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Wales > Past Friends

Past Friends

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I lost a dear friend a couple of years ago and we are slowly coming up to the 2 years since he drowned. . I always struggle with my emotions when I think about him. . as he was my best friend. . does anyone having any "coping" strategies I could try . . I have spent the past 3 days crying . . xxx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I lost a dear friend a couple of years ago and we are slowly coming up to the 2 years since he drowned. . I always struggle with my emotions when I think about him. . as he was my best friend. . does anyone having any "coping" strategies I could try . . I have spent the past 3 days crying . . xxx"

Going with your emotions is the best healer, if you need to cry then cry x

When I lost my partner I couldn't show my emotions it was like i'd switched off to the world I think it was 2 yrs later that it hit me then all these emotions came flooding in a friend was there for me, she said emotions are good it means your alive and not just existing.. My advice if you need to cry then cry it doesn't make you weak or mean that you've let anyone down it just shows your a person who cares... think of all the good times you had together as friends and in time the sadness will turn into good memories that will one day make you smile when you remember him .. I hope this helps xx

lost my brother over 10 years ago just passed away in his sleep never thought it would be possible to not cry everyday for a long time after but it does ease in time i promise x x

By *3xymamaWoman  over a year ago

RCT

I've had a tough few weeks since the tragic death of a good friend and colleague. It was his funeral on Thursday and I feel I embarrassed myself. I couldn't stop sobbing during the service at the church.

Take comfort in the wonderful memories you have. Smile, laugh and cry when you need to.

I get by knowing my loved ones are gone to a better place and 1 day we will be together again. I couldnt get over loosing my dad even after 14 years and a friend recommended a very good medium to me. I did go and my dad came through to me and now I have closure in my life and fond memories.

I def would recommend her to anybody if needed. X

Lost my sister two yrs ago she was also my best friend

An horrendous death

That still plays on my mind to this day

just go with whatever emotion takes you wherever or whatever your doing just let it out

and try to remember the happy times you shared

NIG HUGS XXXXXX

"I lost a dear friend a couple of years ago and we are slowly coming up to the 2 years since he drowned. . I always struggle with my emotions when I think about him. . as he was my best friend. . does anyone having any "coping" strategies I could try . . I have spent the past 3 days crying . . xxx

Going with your emotions is the best healer, if you need to cry then cry x"

My father died in January, I agree that it's best to experience the feelings and to learn to live with them.

Mike

By *otsoSnowWhiteWoman  over a year ago

My Ice Castle! South Wales

My best friend was murdered 18 years ago on the 24 November and tonight im out having a pint of Stella for her as we do every year since she died. It never goes away but does get easier. I'd give my right arm to have her back but fate had another plan for her. I know I'll see her again one day hopefully she'll have a pint waiting for me but until then I live every day for her as life has to go on.

I know it's hard to deal with, but i just try and remember the good times and it'll always put a smile on my face. They wouldn't want me getting upset anyway

Ith hard to lose people god knows i lost a lot through death . But you have to go on or else you could find your putting your life on hold or looking too back at the Past and then before you know it you got cancer and your dying or some illness thats hard yo deal with .so live every day like its your last thats all i say . But in a responsible nit irresponsible way .poppy xx

Be kind to yourself x

I lost a mate in his sleep 19 years age.

they said it was adult cot death.

Every time I hear local boy in a photograph by stereophonics or anything by oasis I think of him

not a day goes by that I don't think of him.

Just think of the good times hun It will get easier in time xx

My brother burnt to death 10 years ago and the pain is still as real today. I find around birthdays or annuvsrsarys I set aside sometime to just sit at his grave. I talk,I cry, I shout it helps not to keep the emotions bottled up. Then I spend some time with family and friends sharing funny stories about him. I hope this helps, but just take each day at a time xx

"My brother burnt to death 10 years ago and the pain is still as real today. I find around birthdays or annuvsrsarys I set aside sometime to just sit at his grave. I talk,I cry, I shout it helps not to keep the emotions bottled up. Then I spend some time with family and friends sharing funny stories about him. I hope this helps, but just take each day at a time xx"

I lost my son 7 years ago and I still do as the same as the above

Live your life to the full but things like this will always be in your mind xx

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thank you everyone. . I think the last two years have been made a little more difficult with my mother being diagnosed with a degenerative disease and my son with autism. . I wish my friend was here to talk to. I can see his calm face looking at me and doing his best to help. . I often wonder if writing, as there is no grave, would help. . xxx

By *ress2impressCouple (FF)  over a year ago

Llantrisant

"Thank you everyone. . I think the last two years have been made a little more difficult with my mother being diagnosed with a degenerative disease and my son with autism. . I wish my friend was here to talk to. I can see his calm face looking at me and doing his best to help. . I often wonder if writing, as there is no grave, would help. . xxx "

I have no grave to visit my partner who also drowned a few years ago, we put something memorable where he died, it's nice to visit and lay flowers, I often go and chat to him when I feel I need to update him of things going on in my life... It's not true what they say, time does not heal, I'd like to say the pain goes away but it doesn't, there is good news though...time creates new and happy memories and soon the sad painful ones have a smaller part in your world, they still hit you like a ten ton steam roller some days, but on the whole, the new things you do fill your time... I wrote to my partner for a very long time after he passed away, at the time I found it helpful but I find it harrowing to re read if I accidentally come across my writings, try it, see what feels right to you, I have since gone to where he passed away and made lots of new happy memories, if you'd like to talk about it smoke more, please feel free to pm me, can't guarantee I won't cry with you mind, but happy to do so xxx

i lost my son aged 10 about 12 yrs ago and time is a grerat healer

By *uddsWoman  over a year ago

st athans

lost my son aged 24 on 6th december 2010 and its even harder now than it was at the time,he just passed in his sleep was never ill while he was alive,i dont think there is an end to grief when its someone close to you

» Add a new message to this topic