FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Self employed package.

Self employed package.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone else self employed want to comment on what they feel about this package?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Anyone else self employed want to comment on what they feel about this package?

"

don't know haven't seen it but only just signed back up as self employed

"Anyone else self employed want to comment on what they feel about this package?

don't know haven't seen it but only just signed back up as self employed "

Then it won't cover you unfortunately. That is one of the 5% group it currently misses along with those who have filed in this year's tax return yet. They will be looking into this

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

It will be interesting to see the reactions

I guess it will benefit the good guys who dont circumnavigate the tax system

"It will be interesting to see the reactions

"

Those who have, have already got their payments early I guess.

just saying, but what would you do if you were unable to work in normal times, due to an injury or something, all self employed people should have insurance for this very thing, speaking as a self employed person

"just saying, but what would you do if you were unable to work in normal times, due to an injury or something, all self employed people should have insurance for this very thing, speaking as a self employed person"

This was my thought...loss of earnings insurance..?

"just saying, but what would you do if you were unable to work in normal times, due to an injury or something, all self employed people should have insurance for this very thing, speaking as a self employed person"

I'd be interested in finding out if anyone is actually able to in this situation. Id say most small time self employed, those as sole traders, wouldn't have that in place as most tend to work hand to mouth. There are many who do very well and I'd say they would have that extra to invest in it.

But if there is anyone who has managed to claim loss of earnings due to this please let us know.

From what I ve been told any insurance would not cover a pandemic anyways..that would be a separate cover and problem is you d have to name the pandemic you re insuring against..there was no such thing as corvid 19 til a few weeks ago so it's a bit of a conundrum. This info comes from a small business owner that enquired.

It's all very well talking insurances but rem_mber something..insurance companies will find a way out of paying if it's possible..you know, the whole act of God thing. Personally my business is screwed!!

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

"From what I ve been told any insurance would not cover a pandemic anyways..that would be a separate cover and problem is you d have to name the pandemic you re insuring against..there was no such thing as corvid 19 til a few weeks ago so it's a bit of a conundrum. This info comes from a small business owner that enquired. "

Some do, money saving expert for a review of those companies that included pandemic risk. As soon as a virus is known they add it to exclusions / remove cover for new policies only so existing policies still have cover , that’s how pandemic cover works on all policies that include it because insurance is based on risk.

By *ooskiMan  over a year ago

south coast

Question time this evening.....

Think says it all.....

My loss of earnings cover pays in the event of illness or injury..I believe this is true of most. So unless I contract this virus it's no good

It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

In June as I’ve read and understood I’ll get a nice little lump sum that will more than cover my living expenses.

I never asked for or expected a penny.

To say I’m overjoyed is an understatement

"My loss of earnings cover pays in the event of illness or injury..I believe this is true of most. So unless I contract this virus it's no good "

Yup that would be about right. Hope your business survives buddy.

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

In June as I’ve read and understood I’ll get a nice little lump sum that will more than cover my living expenses.

To say I’m overjoyed is an understatement "

Really? How? I'm not wanting to be erm awkward here..but this is legit yeah? Only reason I'm saying is there have been some perfectly letterhead ed click on links and texts saying this but they are scams. Just hoping you are sure because I thought you had to apply and it's not straight forward.

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

Really? How? I'm not wanting to be erm awkward here..but this is legit yeah? Only reason I'm saying is there have been some perfectly letterhead ed click on links and texts saying this but they are scams. Just hoping you are sure because I thought you had to apply and it's not straight forward. "

It all seems perfectly straight forward to me.

If you qualify then hmrc will contact you direct and offer you the chance to apply.

Everyone will receive what they’re entitled.

For anyone that’s unsure or confused about the package the government is offering us self employed go to the martin Lewis money saving site or look him up on Twitter or catch a rerun of his itv show that’s on right now.

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

Really? How? I'm not wanting to be erm awkward here..but this is legit yeah? Only reason I'm saying is there have been some perfectly letterhead ed click on links and texts saying this but they are scams. Just hoping you are sure because I thought you had to apply and it's not straight forward.

If you qualify then hmrc will contact you direct and offer you the chance to apply.

Everyone will receive what they’re entitled."

OK gf had email. Scheme not yet opened for applications. HMRC will contact those eligible by beginning of June. .inviting applications. Unfortunately we are aware of scam emails and texts claiming to be HMRC saying that money can be claimed or tax refund owed and asks to click on link..DO NOT RESPOND. this is taken from government email..so hope this proves all ok for you

"For anyone that’s unsure or confused about the package the government is offering us self employed go to the martin Lewis money saving site or look him up on Twitter or catch a rerun of his itv show that’s on right now.

"

Thanks for that bud

By *mberWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

OK gf had email. Scheme not yet opened for applications. HMRC will contact those eligible by beginning of June. .inviting applications. Unfortunately we are aware of scam emails and texts claiming to be HMRC saying that money can be claimed or tax refund owed and asks to click on link..DO NOT RESPOND. this is taken from government email..so hope this proves all ok for you "

You can generally tell if it's a scam email by looking at the address it came from. Scam ones always have something not quite right.

I’m self employed and hopeful I’ll get some money in June.

I file my tax returns. I’ve paid all my due taxes and have been for 17 years.

I don’t have insurance as I looked at the cost of it and it was prohibitive.

I’ve had two knee operations and an eye op (both eyes) and always gone back to work very swiftly.

This is an unprecedented situation, to coin a common phrase, and I’m not allowed to work by order of the government so it’s only right, seeing as they’re helping the paye people, that the help us too.

"My loss of earnings cover pays in the event of illness or injury..I believe this is true of most. So unless I contract this virus it's no good "

That is the same for me too. They won't cover loss due this current issue.

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

OK gf had email. Scheme not yet opened for applications. HMRC will contact those eligible by beginning of June. .inviting applications. Unfortunately we are aware of scam emails and texts claiming to be HMRC saying that money can be claimed or tax refund owed and asks to click on link..DO NOT RESPOND. this is taken from government email..so hope this proves all ok for you

You can generally tell if it's a scam email by looking at the address it came from. Scam ones always have something not quite right."

I had the tax refund text come through but didn't trust it..I don't trust anything online tbh..so glad didn't click on link.

"I’m self employed and hopeful I’ll get some money in June.

I’ve had two knee operations and an eye op (both eyes) and always gone back to work very swiftly.

This is an unprecedented situation, to coin a common phrase, and I’m not allowed to work by order of the government so it’s only right, seeing as they’re helping the paye people, that the help us too. "

I wish you and all others self employed the very best of luck for the future.

I’m a self employed sole trading partnership. I do have personal injury and income protection. My advisor called me this week to insure me that I could claim if I contract COVID. I’m still able to work at the the minute to provide essential or emergency service to my clients. Last year was my start up year so I won’t benefit greatly from the package. This year was set to be a great year for me. I will just have to see what the future holds for now. Luckily I have savings of needs be. I hope you all make it thorough this. It’s going to be a hard time for our economy for a few years.

"I’m self employed and hopeful I’ll get some money in June.

This is an unprecedented situation, to coin a common phrase, and I’m not allowed to work by order of the government so it’s only right, seeing as they’re helping the paye people, that the help us too.

I wish you and all others self employed the very best of luck for the future. "

Thank you.

"I’m a self employed sole trading partnership. I do have personal injury and income protection. My advisor called me this week to insure me that I could claim if I contract COVID. I’m still able to work at the the minute to provide essential or emergency service to my clients. Last year was my start up year so I won’t benefit greatly from the package. This year was set to be a great year for me. I will just have to see what the future holds for now. Luckily I have savings of needs be. I hope you all make it thorough this. It’s going to be a hard time for our economy for a few years. "

Good luck buddy

"I’m a self employed sole trading partnership. I do have personal injury and income protection. My advisor called me this week to insure me that I could claim if I contract COVID. I’m still able to work at the the minute to provide essential or emergency service to my clients. Last year was my start up year so I won’t benefit greatly from the package. This year was set to be a great year for me. I will just have to see what the future holds for now. Luckily I have savings of needs be. I hope you all make it thorough this. It’s going to be a hard time for our economy for a few years.

Good luck buddy "

Thanks mate. You too. Stay safe.

"I’m a self employed sole trading partnership. I do have personal injury and income protection. My advisor called me this week to insure me that I could claim if I contract COVID. I’m still able to work at the the minute to provide essential or emergency service to my clients. Last year was my start up year so I won’t benefit greatly from the package. This year was set to be a great year for me. I will just have to see what the future holds for now. Luckily I have savings of needs be. I hope you all make it thorough this. It’s going to be a hard time for our economy for a few years.

Good luck buddy

Thanks mate. You too. Stay safe. "

Bleddy hope so..am up trees lolol

"insurance companies will find a way out of paying if it's possible..you know, the whole act of God thing. "

The "it's a man made virus" conspiracy thing might be worth a shot?

By *ULL IN A CHINA SHOPMan  over a year ago

south coast

You have to prove covid-19 has impacted your business.

Also if at the end of next tax year your earnings are the same or higher then im guessing you will have to pay the grant back. May be wrong on this.

"You have to prove covid-19 has impacted your business.

Also if at the end of next tax year your earnings are the same or higher then im guessing you will have to pay the grant back. May be wrong on this."

Sounds fair government bail outs are not they for people to make a profit

By *onyMad123Couple  over a year ago

nottingham/ derby

Ditto

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

It is good but must continue after the virus has gone.

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

Seems company owners are not included

south coast

Also if at the end of next tax year your earnings are the same or higher then im guessing you will have to pay the grant back. May be wrong on this.Sounds fair government bail outs are not they for people to make a profit "

Not knocking it. Just making people aware.

"insurance companies will find a way out of paying if it's possible..you know, the whole act of God thing.

The "it's a man made virus" conspiracy thing might be worth a shot?"

Haha..thing is wouldn't t be surprised if it is a slight lab leakage..like bird flu.

I'm self employed we have a tiny partnership so none of the current offers will do me any good. I am however extremely lucky as my insurance does cover my business and will pay my salons Bill's and they will do this for a year. It's just my personal Bill's that wont be paid xx

Well since they have specifically excluded the directors of LLCs you can expect those people to live off their outstanding VAT payments then declare bankruptcy.

So much for the government standing behind us all. They are still at war with contractors.

They are doing their best - times are screwed

"Well since they have specifically excluded the directors of LLCs you can expect those people to live off their outstanding VAT payments then declare bankruptcy.

So much for the government standing behind us all. They are still at war with contractors."

And small business owner directors, not able to be furloughed as someone needs to run the admin or how we would ever start again, not self employed.

Insurance does not cover an unknown risk.

"Well since they have specifically excluded the directors of LLCs you can expect those people to live off their outstanding VAT payments then declare bankruptcy.

So much for the government standing behind us all. They are still at war with contractors.

And small business owner directors, not able to be furloughed as someone needs to run the admin or how we would ever start again, not self employed.

Insurance does not cover an unknown risk."

Furloughed employees must have been on your PAYE payroll on 28 February 2020, and can be on any type of contract, including –Director’s are not normally on any kind of contract, as they do not need a contract and therefore are not subject to minimum wage rules.

Boris reminds me of the Zimbabweans who drove their farmers off their land and then starved. Now they are begging them to come back.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Interesting, starts June, 153 days into the year. How many self employed will survive by then.

My 20 divided by 13 theory is ring my bells.

Just a thought he mentioned paying ni and tax contributions will change for self employed when back to normal.

It does come at a price. The grant is taxable in the first instance too.

We'll have to see what else comes and how it pan's out.

I'm not S/E btw. Just following things and how the goverment is dealing with things. I've got my own probs trying to keep a full time job and be a carer for an elder.

Good luck to all.

Love xxxc

The future's so bright

By *icksfocusMan  over a year ago

Pontefract

I’m self employed

Do an honest tax return as I’m too pretty for jail

I have an insurance policy I got as I race motorbikes to cover for loss of earnings and apparently that covers me for this

"Interesting, starts June, 153 days into the year. How many self employed will survive by then.

My 20 divided by 13 theory is ring my bells.

Just a thought he mentioned paying ni and tax contributions will change for self employed when back to normal.

It does come at a price. The grant is taxable in the first instance too.

We'll have to see what else comes and how it pan's out.

I'm not S/E btw. Just following things and how the goverment is dealing with things. I've got my own probs trying to keep a full time job and be a carer for an elder.

Good luck to all.

Love xxxc

The future's so bright "

Brilliant, so not only can I not claim (only been se since Sept_mber was a higher rate tax payer paye before) but he’s going to screw me even more after for a benefit I didn’t get

The long term aim is to make self employment disappear and push us all into employment or setting up companies. The government will more than recover the three months of taxable grant if the virus is beaten and if not we are all fucked anyway. Its not a freebie and the devil is in the detail so stay safe and fight for your rights.

"The long term aim is to make self employment disappear and push us all into employment or setting up companies. The government will more than recover the three months of taxable grant if the virus is beaten and if not we are all fucked anyway. Its not a freebie and the devil is in the detail so stay safe and fight for your rights. "

Why do you expect it to be free? Nothing is free, everything has a cost.

I can't see how self employment will disappear, it may change or it may not. They did already try to bring SE contributions in line with the rest but it didn't work for a number of reasons. These reasons still remain and to change things to allow it to happen, they will need to change other things about being SE.

One thing that will happen is there would be an increase in unemployed and more tax evasion. 25% of the work force at SE. It takes a certain type to be successfully SE and many of them are the type to be employed by another either.

Has any SE received financial help yet?

Can't say too much but self employed and at best I can hope for is to furlough myself as a director of my own company but as the director it's impossible for my to furlough myself as my clients will still need my help even if the government doesn't think so. So I make do with what I have and carry on. I can't live off £500 a month and I can't afford to furlough myself as I'll lose clients. So all I can do is keep going and hope for the best.

south coast

"Has any SE received financial help yet? "

No, its expected to be paid june.

By *ondon-guy68Man  over a year ago

London

Still seems like nothing being done for the newly self employed either. Don’t get how CIS deductions for 2019-20 for instance can’t be taken into account.

My brother in law is a self employed software developer.

He's still working and claiming the government handout.

I told him I think it's immoral, he just said "everyone is doing it"

"It will be interesting to see the reactions

Those who have, have already got their payments early I guess."

Not even open for applications until mid-May. I've filled genuine returns the last few years so will look forward to a payout in June.

A tax-dodging neighbour....cash in hand and not declaring most of it is complaing he won't....his complaints are falling on deaf ears!!

Also if at the end of next tax year your earnings are the same or higher then im guessing you will have to pay the grant back. May be wrong on this."

Do NOT have to pay back....but may mean paying more tax.

"Still seems like nothing being done for the newly self employed either. Don’t get how CIS deductions for 2019-20 for instance can’t be taken into account. "

Because you dont file them until January 2021 so no info for HMRC to base payments on.

By *ondon-guy68Man  over a year ago

London

"Still seems like nothing being done for the newly self employed either. Don’t get how CIS deductions for 2019-20 for instance can’t be taken into account.

Because you dont file them until January 2021 so no info for HMRC to base payments on."

You can file your self assessment anytime after the new year so it can be done now.

CIS deductions are taken from your earnings as and when you get paid and paid to HMRC as far as I understand, monthly...so they already have records showing how much you earned from CIS and and how much tax deducted already for the whole of 2019-20.

This still doesn’t cover all the self employed but it can help some and can be done quite easily, I feel.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"It’s fucking fantastic.

Thank you uk government.

Everyone will receive what they’re entitled."

So you'll either have a cheque come in or some random Nigerian will empty your bank account

I've a few unemployed 'friends', been claiming benefits for years and doing homers. They're sitting happy as if nothing has happened other than homers dried up. Make you wonder even more sometimes of our system. My landlord isn't moving to help, least I've a sublet Tennant who works from home as a programmer which helps immensely. I can see thousands who normally wouldn't be in debt getting themselves into real bother and the longer term reprocussions are unthinkable.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I'm reserving judgement on it until it happens but I have a sneaking suspicion that because of the unexpected numbers taking up the PAYE furlough that the self-employed will be screwed over to try and save a bit of money.

By *umcoveredpussyCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

Im hardly going to get anything as keep putting profits back into business, last year was a good year as earned abit, the 2 years before that was only £1500 a year, so over the 3 years my average is shit, this year was a massive year for us, from the pubs shut to easter we lost £7000,

Then as we do inflatables, its a great year so far, when this is over it will be winter so carnt work again, we only work about 6 months a year so were screwed

south coast

"My brother in law is a self employed software developer.

I told him I think it's immoral, he just said "everyone is doing it" "

Im still working but my domestic jobs have been reduced dramatically and im predicting they will be in the future too. Im still going to claim it. I have paid my taxes and NI for the past 20 years so have no moral issue whatsoever. The government have said you can claim it and continue to work.

south coast

"My brother in law is a self employed software developer.

I told him I think it's immoral, he just said "everyone is doing it" "

Im still working but my domestic jobs have been reduced dramatically and im predicting they will be in the future too. Im still going to claim it. I have paid my taxes and NI for the past 20 years so have no moral issue whatsoever. The government have said you can claim it and continue to work.

» Add a new message to this topic