FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Panic buying

Panic buying

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *moothdick OP   Man  over a year ago

stoke

It’s not panic buying now, well it is for the people who have been sensible, shift workers and the vulnerable.... it’s now fucking greedy buying by selfish cunts .... the minute the troops appear on the streets and BJ gives orders to clamp down on these greedy cunts the better

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"It’s not panic buying now, well it is for the people who have been sensible, shift workers and the vulnerable.... it’s now fucking greedy buying by selfish cunts .... the minute the troops appear on the streets and BJ gives orders to clamp down on these greedy cunts the better "

The government have no plans to regulate the distribution of food, it's being left entirely in the hands of the supermarkets. So the great british public will continue to be seen at they're best for a while longer.

Now in Italy where the situation is a lot worse shoppers are being very sensible apparently

stoke

"It’s not panic buying now, well it is for the people who have been sensible, shift workers and the vulnerable.... it’s now fucking greedy buying by selfish cunts .... the minute the troops appear on the streets and BJ gives orders to clamp down on these greedy cunts the better

The government have no plans to regulate the distribution of food, it's being left entirely in the hands of the supermarkets. So the great british public will continue to be seen at they're best for a while longer.

Now in Italy where the situation is a lot worse shoppers are being very sensible apparently "

I’ve heard that, they panicked at first but it’s now calmed down, just wish it would over here so we can all get what we need .. let’s see .. ain’t holding my breath

"It’s not panic buying now, well it is for the people who have been sensible, shift workers and the vulnerable.... it’s now fucking greedy buying by selfish cunts .... the minute the troops appear on the streets and BJ gives orders to clamp down on these greedy cunts the better

Now in Italy where the situation is a lot worse shoppers are being very sensible apparently "

Hubby has a big family so hears from Germany, Switzerland, France and Italy...Problems in Switzerland and Italy is that the goods aint getting to the shops and bakers are running out of flour...Switzerland issue is that Germany is blocking the shit out of all next doors...

Reason why Swiss have now armed troops out in force ... Sending people from Germany back again...

France if u aint near a big town ...bad bad luck

"It’s not panic buying now, well it is for the people who have been sensible, shift workers and the vulnerable.... it’s now fucking greedy buying by selfish cunts .... the minute the troops appear on the streets and BJ gives orders to clamp down on these greedy cunts the better "

I think it is more "being sensible" Looking ahead and preparing, ensuring you and your family are safe, looked after and enough food, PPE, medication, fuel for all and to last at least a few weeks if not months,

Lets face it, what is being bought up is not going to go to waste, most things are required through out life, so someone who, lets say has bought 4 packs of loo roll, they will last a good few months, its not as if they will be binned. Tins of food/soup etc will last years even milk can be frozen

dont forget your pups, ensure you have enough for your pets

nothing wrong with ensuring you are stocked up in all supplies including fuel

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I think it is more "being sensible" Looking ahead and preparing, ensuring you and your family are safe, looked after and enough food, PPE, medication, fuel for all and to last at least a few weeks if not months,

Lets face it, what is being bought up is not going to go to waste, most things are required through out life, so someone who, lets say has bought 4 packs of loo roll, they will last a good few months, its not as if they will be binned. Tins of food/soup etc will last years even milk can be frozen

nothing wrong with ensuring you are stocked up in all supplies including fuel"

And theres the problem...enough loo roll to last a good few months means that others go without.

stoke

And theres the problem...enough loo roll to last a good few months means that others go without."

Here here .. all u have to do, if we go into lock down is to send one member out to get food etc .. tbh, I hope all the headers get it and all that stock goes to waste ... or even better, they won’t be around in 4 months to use the loo roll .. lol

Anyone buying far more than they need over a period longer than a week are fucking selfish wankers, there's no need other than their own selfish fuck you attitudes.

Pathetic disgusting excuses for human beings.

By *ust Us TogetherCouple  over a year ago

Newport

Those that are stocking up should think of the old folk going every day to the shops just hunting for a toilet roll...

I have been asked by my neighbour if I could look in some of the garage shops on my way to and from work to get him a pack of toilet rolls. Makes me well up, just thinking about how many others out there are in the same position. What a sad selfish world we are living in.

Had to pinch a couple of the cheap rolls from work for the old fella in the end just to tide him over.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Anyone buying far more than they need over a period longer than a week are fucking selfish wankers, there's no need other than their own selfish fuck you attitudes.

Pathetic disgusting excuses for human beings. "

I get what you are saying.

But look at it from another angle.

Everyone is confused and scared they have no idea what is coming non of us do.

You have a family children etc..

Possibly disabled children or family.

So what are people supposed to do chance it hope that things will be fine?

Or look at ensuring family is ok?

So I can see both points of view, however there's no excuse for people being greedy and buying more than is needed if they are fit and healthy .

Just returned from Tesco done a pretty normal weekly shop, only extra things I got

A pack of tissues as I have hayfever at the moment.

So liquid soap with aloe Vera in it as Mrs hands sore she's a nurse and washing hands continuously.

A a mega large pot noodle coz it looks delicious.

Couldn't get loo rolls or Beans which is heartbreaking as beans make up 70% of my diet.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

tesco near me last night had the old bill there.some woman with two trolley loads of stuff was told she would have to hand half the stuff back because she had four or five of the same things in her trolley started kicking off with the staff then the old bill when they got there.ended up getting nicked for breach of the peace and carted off and her two trolleys were put back to stock.iys certainly not the poor and low paid hoarding they cant afford to.peeps are gona be getting huge credit card bills for grocerys in a few months time.just hoping this is over soob and they left with a load of shit they dont need

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

One of the guys I work with was telling me that all the where he lives ( a notoriously shit place) as this all started all the local dr@ggies and dealers went around buying up all the loo rolls and fresh meat and now selling them on estate at a massively inflated prices!! Organised gang's bulk buying to fuel their drug use!

"One of the guys I work with was telling me that all the where he lives ( a notoriously shit place) as this all started all the local dr@ggies and dealers went around buying up all the loo rolls and fresh meat and now selling them on estate at a massively inflated prices!! Organised gang's bulk buying to fuel their drug use!"

Wouldn't it be nice if you could just dismiss stories like that as bullshit? It's probably happening all over the place too

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Those that are stocking up should think of the old folk going every day to the shops just hunting for a toilet roll...

I have been asked by my neighbour if I could look in some of the garage shops on my way to and from work to get him a pack of toilet rolls. Makes me well up, just thinking about how many others out there are in the same position. What a sad selfish world we are living in.

Had to pinch a couple of the cheap rolls from work for the old fella in the end just to tide him over. "

it's not just the old. I spent hours looking for toilet rolls the other day... I have a disabled adult at home with a bowel condition...I was starting to get panicked x

"Those that are stocking up should think of the old folk going every day to the shops just hunting for a toilet roll...

Had to pinch a couple of the cheap rolls from work for the old fella in the end just to tide him over. it's not just the old. I spent hours looking for toilet rolls the other day... I have a disabled adult at home with a bowel condition...I was starting to get panicked x "

there's lways the garden hose and a yard brush

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

What i don’t understand is that a lot of stuff has really short shelf life dates (especially Asda and Tesco fresh stuff/refrigerated stuff) so what the hell is the point.

Surely that will just get wasted? So what is the bloody point?

Panic buying just creates more panic buying? If everyone chilled the fuck out there would be no need for the awful scenes of distress that we are seeing.

stoke

"What i don’t understand is that a lot of stuff has really short shelf life dates (especially Asda and Tesco fresh stuff/refrigerated stuff) so what the hell is the point.

Panic buying just creates more panic buying? If everyone chilled the fuck out there would be no need for the awful scenes of distress that we are seeing.

"

This is so true and even the low life drug dealers could still stay in business as normal .. it just goes to show and hope we all have long memory’s of these people

Think it should be the responsibility of ALL supermarkets to cut down on bulk buying.

Signs should be put up and people made aware of it.

Ridiculous and pathetic this day and age!

Wonder how much fresh produce in these households will end up in the bin OR how big those waistlines will be because of the food eaten

By *eith28Man  over a year ago

uxbridge

"Anyone buying far more than they need over a period longer than a week are fucking selfish wankers, there's no need other than their own selfish fuck you attitudes.

Pathetic disgusting excuses for human beings.

I get what you are saying.

But look at it from another angle.

Everyone is confused and scared they have no idea what is coming non of us do.

You have a family children etc..

Possibly disabled children or family.

So what are people supposed to do chance it hope that things will be fine?

Or look at ensuring family is ok?

So I can see both points of view, however there's no excuse for people being greedy and buying more than is needed if they are fit and healthy .

Just returned from Tesco done a pretty normal weekly shop, only extra things I got

A pack of tissues as I have hayfever at the moment.

So liquid soap with aloe Vera in it as Mrs hands sore she's a nurse and washing hands continuously.

A a mega large pot noodle coz it looks delicious.

Couldn't get loo rolls or Beans which is heartbreaking as beans make up 70% of my diet. "

Hence the need for loo roll lol

"What i don’t understand is that a lot of stuff has really short shelf life dates (especially Asda and Tesco fresh stuff/refrigerated stuff) so what the hell is the point.

"

well one of my daughters moved house. Seems people that can afford it have been buying spare fridges and freezers as we couldnt get one for her. And all the 2nd hand ones were really expensive.

"

Now in Italy where the situation is a lot worse shoppers are being very sensible apparently

I’ve heard that, they panicked at first but it’s now calmed down, just wish it would over here so we can all get what we need .. let’s see .. ain’t holding my breath "

They did panic in Italy, there are many videos on youtube showing the situation a month ago showing empty shelves as a result of panic buying.

"

I’ve heard that, they panicked at first but it’s now calmed down, just wish it would over here so we can all get what we need .. let’s see .. ain’t holding my breath

They did panic in Italy, there are many videos on youtube showing the situation a month ago showing empty shelves as a result of panic buying. "

What's it like there now? Anybody know?

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

No problem in Italy, France, Germany, China. Just widespread in English speaking countries. UK, USA, Canada, Australia. I can see a pattern here.

"No problem in Italy, France, Germany, China. Just widespread in English speaking countries. UK, USA, Canada, Australia. I can see a pattern here."

As I said on the other thread, all those countries have had panic buying you just have to search to see the videos, China didn't have panic buying as their lock down started during Chinese New Year when all the shops were closed.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Watch the booze fly out the shops now.

By *elly72Woman  over a year ago

glasgow

Let’s be honest it’s the elderly and sick that will suffer it’s not corona that’ll kill them it’s fucking starvation because there’s nothing in the shops for them because of totally selfish cunts

By *om cat 215Man  over a year ago

Derby

"Let’s be honest it’s the elderly and sick that will suffer it’s not corona that’ll kill them it’s fucking starvation because there’s nothing in the shops for them because of totally selfish cunts "

Well said Kelly some people don't give a fuck x P.S. stay safe x

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

It's a national embarrassment, these people are a disgrace and we'd be fucked in a real crisis!

I think we're the only country besides Australia to behave like this

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

Had to pinch a couple of the cheap rolls from work for the old fella in the end just to tide him over. "

I also robbed a big big roll from my work place just before I got sent home with my workstation as I'm working from home now.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

There are disabled older people, with poor mobility, struggling to walk to the shops every day, because selfish bastards have decided to stock up for several months worth of supplies.

These deprived people are also, very sadly, much more likely to die from this disease.

The selfish hoarders should have to suffer the last breaths that such people have and have to clean up their bodies.

Buy enough for up to a week maximum. Leave plenty for people with Alzheimers, cancer, the elderly and infirm, who need to maximise their strength. They don't have your mental weakness and don't lack a moral compass, unlike you. Do without a bit and donate.

By *egularLegsMan  over a year ago

Erdington

I've seen a few people post on freecycle offering help with food runs. Unfortunately there are always those few that will exploit for greed or profit.

By *kbloke_11Man  over a year ago

Hockley

It's greed that will destroy humanity long before the virus gets us

type any cleaning product in to ebay search and you'll see some of those who are panick buying dettol £2 on shelf £10 ++ on ebay the goverment can stop this by forcing ebay ...just how rotten are some people

"It's a national embarrassment, these people are a disgrace and we'd be fucked in a real crisis!"

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

This will change the fabric of society as we know it!

NW London

"It's a national embarrassment, these people are a disgrace and we'd be fucked in a real crisis!

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

This will change the fabric of society as we know it!"

It shouldn't be such a big a crises as it is. People are behaving like headless chickens over a bit of bog roll! If people just behaved a bit more sensible we'd get thru this quite easily, it's a realtively harmless virus not the Blitz

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

"It's a national embarrassment, these people are a disgrace and we'd be fucked in a real crisis!"

Bang on. They really are a joke. A real crisis and the country would fall apart.

What’s gone so wrong in our society that people think behaving in this way is ok.

"It's a national embarrassment, these people are a disgrace and we'd be fucked in a real crisis!

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

It shouldn't be such a big a crises as it is. People are behaving like headless chickens over a bit of bog roll! If people just behaved a bit more sensible we'd get thru this quite easily, it's a realtively harmless virus not the Blitz"

No my friend

Its not the Blitz

Its potentially MUCH worse

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

An easy solution is pre packed food boxes with bread, milk and tinned goods etc.

Maximum numbers and having them delivered to stop the dipshits raiding the shelves.

Will keep a lid on profiteering and we should all take note of those that do and use social media to blacklist them.

Payback is a bitch and we can all have long memories.

NW London

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

It shouldn't be such a big a crises as it is. People are behaving like headless chickens over a bit of bog roll! If people just behaved a bit more sensible we'd get thru this quite easily, it's a realtively harmless virus not the Blitz

No my friend

Its not the Blitz

Its potentially MUCH worse"

How so?

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

No my friend

Its not the Blitz

How so?"

I haven't had any pasta for weeks

I really havent got the energy to explain it to you, my lovely

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

A lot is not panic buying, just plain fucking greed and selfishness. Asian woman in front of me in small Tesco local this morning, had 5 large milk containers - ie 20 pints.

Girl behind counter said she could only have two, as there was plenty in stock each day (Actually, this greedy bitch had grabbed the last five 4 pinters).

Woman pleaded: "Three, three, please, please, three". The girl relented, and let her have three.

Woman then took the other two to an Asian man in the queue - not with her - and said something in their own language. He took the two milks.

She left and waited outside. He paid for the two milks along with his own shopping, then went outside, gave them to her, and walked in the other direction.

The greedy bitch got her TWENTY PINTS. She'll probably be back tomorrow for more.

Made me want to shoot the both of them. I think there is going to be violence in shops once people see what some people are doing.

"

How so?"

It could kill ten times as many people as the blitz.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Someone posted on a thread yesterday about how the Supermarkets should get rid of the large trollies and make folk use the smaller trollies or the baskets.

And i think this is a really good idea. Limit the amount of items. If folk have to do smaller regular shops then so be it.

I mean folk buying extra freezers to keep stuff in, that’s just crazy!

We had staff doing shopping calls for our Service Users last week and the shelves were empty. And for what? The greed of others who want to profit from others misery.

It makes me so angry!

NW London

"

How so?

It could kill ten times as many people as the blitz. "

Only due to the blitz being confined to a much smaller area. And there is no rational reason why it should if people take the right precautions.

But I wasn't referring to the number of deaths as such more the actual severity of the crisis.

"

Only due to the blitz being confined to a much smaller area. And there is no rational reason why it should if people take the right precautions.

But I wasn't referring to the number of deaths as such more the actual severity of the crisis."

You really don't know what you're on about, the blitz hit (amongst others) Hull, Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Southampton, Swansea, Birmingham, Belfast, Coventry, Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and London. Literally every country that makes up the United Kingdom was affected.

This crisis is just as severe if not more so as there is potential for many many more to die.

glasgow

A real crisis??

This IS a real crisis!!

No my friend

Its not the Blitz

How so?"

Because unlike the blitz there’s no air raid siren you don’t see it coming every person next to you is a potential carrier (the enemy)

glasgow

"Let’s be honest it’s the elderly and sick that will suffer it’s not corona that’ll kill them it’s fucking starvation because there’s nothing in the shops for them because of totally selfish cunts

Well said Kelly some people don't give a fuck x P.S. stay safe x"

Thanks got the family isolating if we don’t kill each other lol you stay safe too

I have choices to make with diabetes, I have a very restricted diet or I will get very ill...and that makes me vulnerable. I've cried a lot, not at my situation per se, but at the panic buying. It has taken me DAYS to find eggs,one of my main staples. I can't eat bread or biscuits or cake, rice, potato,pasta, obvs no sugary things. No fruit or many vegetables ( I mostly have cauliflower courgette and green leafy ) no milk, no foods with sneaky added sugars, no grains at all, no beans or pulses.

Thank god for cheese ( still gotta be careful ) and bacon. It's scarey and the eggs get to me the most, I cry that people are baking but guess they just don't know.

I had to post a bottle of Dettol to a friend with a severely disabled child as she needs to sterilise her equipment.

It shouldnt have got like this

NW London

"

But I wasn't referring to the number of deaths as such more the actual severity of the crisis.

You really don't know what you're on about, the blitz hit (amongst others) Hull, Bristol, Cardiff, Portsmouth, Plymouth, Southampton, Swansea, Birmingham, Belfast, Coventry, Glasgow, Manchester, Sheffield and London. Literally every country that makes up the United Kingdom was affected.

This crisis is just as severe if not more so as there is potential for many many more to die. "

Which is still a comparatively small area when compared to the whole of Europe and the rest of the world.

What I'm saying is that the hardships suffered by the citizens who lived thru the blitz pale were far more severe than anything we are experiencing now.

As for the number of deaths, there is no reason now that we can't get them under control. Much of the reason up til now has been a combination of slow govt reactions and poor official advice (only a couple of weeks ago Sadiq Khan told us it was perfectly safe to use the tube).

Now, personally I would much rather live thru the corona crisis than thru the Blitz (or thru The Plague, to give maybe a more relevant example).

"

What I'm saying is that the hardships suffered by the citizens who lived thru the blitz pale were far more severe than anything we are experiencing now."

You said the blitz was a smaller area and more severe but this is a global pandemic, how is a global pandemic less severe than the blitz? This is damaging the worlds economy, going to damage many healthcare systems and end up killing a lot of people. There is no comparison!

NW London

"

What I'm saying is that the hardships suffered by the citizens who lived thru the blitz pale were far more severe than anything we are experiencing now.

You said the blitz was a smaller area and more severe but this is a global pandemic, how is a global pandemic less severe than the blitz? This is damaging the worlds economy, going to damage many healthcare systems and end up killing a lot of people. There is no comparison!"

During the blitz many many people had their homes and possessions destroyed. Many died and many suffered life changing injuries. The crime rate shot up, house breakings especially and murders went unsolved. The Black Market grew massively. Rationing lasted all the way until the 1950s and it took literally decades to repair the damage. Even today we are still digging up unexploded bombs. Also the economy tanked and the country faced bankruptcy.

I do agree that Corona is a serious problem and is a crisis, however it should not be the big crisis that it has been allowed to become (at least in this country). We do not have a shortage of supplies (aside from ventilators and testing kits), it's just that people have lost their heads and got greedy and taken more than they need. With some cool headed common sense and a bit of thought we can get thru this without undue suffering.

By *014shadowCouple  over a year ago

Fresno

We are in the USA and we feel the news is hyping the panic buying up That being said we are now forced to stock our homes with food and supplies needed for our families if and when we can find them. Took 4 days to find two packs of toilet paper no meat at the markets. You need to get in line before the stores open and hopefully you can get what you need. We live in California and have been locked down you can work if your company stays open. Go buy food and doctor visits as needed only. Many more people are going to get sick unfortunately.

By *eta74Woman  over a year ago

Dublin

"We are in the USA and we feel the news is hyping the panic buying up That being said we are now forced to stock our homes with food and supplies needed for our families if and when we can find them. Took 4 days to find two packs of toilet paper no meat at the markets. You need to get in line before the stores open and hopefully you can get what you need. We live in California and have been locked down you can work if your company stays open. Go buy food and doctor visits as needed only. Many more people are going to get sick unfortunately. "

It's calmed down here in Dublin our panic buying stopped last week once everyone was satisfied that food was not going to be a problem x food is restocked every morning now x

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

It took 2 days, 17 shops and several hours to get a normal weekly shop that normally takes 11/2 hours in 3 shops. Genuinely. Oh, and in 2 different parts of Scotland 50 miles apart I might add.

But I got everything I needed - except hand wash and cling film. I forgot cling film. BALLS. Make that 3 days and 18

By *evil_u_knowMan  over a year ago

city

Its not people panic buying to look after disabled family. Its just greedy cunts.

The supply chain is geared toward demand. If they think they need 1 million bog rolls in a month then that is what is made and delivered.

If you buy them all, it wont stop the next 1 million being delivered, it will just mean people who only bought what they needed, or those who have to live hand to mouth go without.

If a country is running out of something like flour, then what it means is they made too much bread in this month, and you have to wait till next month before they will restock. it does not mean flour is gone forever, and will never be back ever again.

So if you normally buy 1 packet of bog roll a month, and you suddenly buy 10, then 9 people will struggle to find bogroll.

Also people who are saying "well you have to look after your family" are talking bullshit, cause if that was their attitude they would already have extra bog roll, and extra supply of pasta/rice and supplies of tin fish.

I look after myself, and before corona hit, I had 2 months worth of bog roll, probably a months worth of tinned fish, and 30 days worth of frozen meat. Thats just how I am all the time. When I run out of half my bog roll I buy in more. Thats how you look after your family, not buy running out and overstocking because of a flu virus.

"

During the blitz many many people had their homes and possessions destroyed. Many died and many suffered life changing injuries. The crime rate shot up, house breakings especially and murders went unsolved. The Black Market grew massively. Rationing lasted all the way until the 1950s and it took literally decades to repair the damage. Even today we are still digging up unexploded bombs. Also the economy tanked and the country faced bankruptcy.

"

Rationing was introduced before the blitz and was a result of the battle of the North Atlantic as food couldn't be imported.

Many of the things you write about, people losing their lives, black markets and the economy tanking are happening right now on a global scale. The fall out from this current episode is going to be felt for years.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes Departure Lounge NN9 .Northamptonshire.

The panic buying seems to have changed direction a little this morning, Beer and Lager filled trolleys were seen leaving a branch of Morrisons, I would imagine it would be a similar story at other supermarkets.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Panic bought over £200 worth of paint yesterday, everything else will be available in supermarkets and I will venture out once the idiots have no room left in their houses from stock piling

North Bucks

Localish Restaurant has come up with a good idea.

They are doing takeaways but also allowing customers to order items of their suppliers list for a little mark up. So anyone struggling with essentials can get meat,pasta,cleaning products, toilet rolls etc.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes Departure Lounge NN9 .Northamptonshire.

"Panic bought over £200 worth of paint yesterday, everything else will be available in supermarkets and I will venture out once the idiots have no room left in their houses from stock piling "

Apparently Sales of domestic freezers have risen over the past week so the greedy buggers seem intent on continuing their anti social behaviour.

Too me is the same old story.

The people with money but all they can.

The poor will just have to make do.

I have a 2 month old grandson (yeah!). But my daughter phone me almost in tears because there are no nappies, not wet wipes, no milk.

So Ive showed her how to use a small towel as a nappy and gave her my milk.

People. The shops are not closing and the only reason people are panic buying is purely because some pirates scumms are buying shit they don't need in bulk with the plan of selling it for profit. So ordinary people then feel they have to get in there before the bulk buyers empty the shelves.

I truly hope these greedy bastards end up with a worthless warehouse full of worthless bogroll at the end of this. It's what these worthless scum deserve.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

So Ive showed her how to use a small towel as a nappy and gave her my milk.

"

Babies can't drink cows milk.

"The panic buying seems to have changed direction a little this morning, Beer and Lager filled trolleys were seen leaving a branch of Morrisons, I would imagine it would be a similar story at other supermarkets."

Yep, I travelled from Tesco, to asda, to morrisons and every drinks isle was empty of Guinness

I eventually found Guinness in Aldi, and took every 4 pack on the shelf, (12 packs of 4) should last a couple of weeks

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"The panic buying seems to have changed direction a little this morning, Beer and Lager filled trolleys were seen leaving a branch of Morrisons, I would imagine it would be a similar story at other supermarkets.

Yep, I travelled from Tesco, to asda, to morrisons and every drinks isle was empty of Guinness

I eventually found Guinness in Aldi, and took every 4 pack on the shelf, (12 packs of 4) should last a couple of weeks

"

Selfish

"The panic buying seems to have changed direction a little this morning, Beer and Lager filled trolleys were seen leaving a branch of Morrisons, I would imagine it would be a similar story at other supermarkets.

Selfish"

why is that?

I drink Guinness, its not going to waste and now that pubs are closed its resourceful planning ahead.

here

Selfish

why is that?

I drink Guinness, its not going to waste and now that pubs are closed its resourceful planning ahead."

“ concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others”

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

You know I've yet to have visited a shop and come back with nothing worth eating.

Sure loo roll is wiped out, but if there is no pasta there have been packets of microwave rice. If there is no rice their have been potatoes.

If there was no beef mince there was pork mince.

I think different areas are having different issues. My wife went to aldi and there was no milk or eggs, I popped into tesco on the way home from work and there was loads of milk and grapes and strawberries (even found some paracetamol).

Shopping is going to be more about what can you make with what you find rather than going with a specific list of what you want.

The hoarders will reach maximum capacity soon and wage suppression will also be a governing factor in their ability to keep buying beyond their actual need.

By *KAholeandgloryCouple  over a year ago

Torquay

Went shopping yesterday and because we have a large family (7 kids) I am sure people was giving us funny looks. Even though we was just doing a normal weekly shop.

Selfish

why is that?

I drink Guinness, its not going to waste and now that pubs are closed its resourceful planning ahead.

“ concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others”"

not at all, anyone who visits always gets a drink or two, its a never ending glass in my house, all friends welcome

whats your problem fella

here

Selfish

why is that?

“ concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others”

not at all, anyone who visits always gets a drink or two, its a never ending glass in my house, all friends welcome

whats your problem fella"

Selfish people

Selfish

why is that?

whats your problem fella

Selfish people "

you should try thinking ahead sometime

think out of the box

there is nothing in short supply, you just need to shop in other ways

door bell just rang 2 minutes ago

posty delivering a large bottle of Dettol, none in the shops but Amazon have plenty

time to wash the kitchen floor now, will leave you to get upset reading this, whilst I get on with life

Selfish

why is that?

“ concerned chiefly or only with yourself and your advantage to the exclusion of others”"

Exactly this. I've not been able to buy loo roll, kitchen roll, hand sanitizer, soap etc for last 4-5 days. I don't need much as a single guy but the usual amount of each would be nice.

Currently using Squashies shower gel as handwash and no idea if it has the relevant antibacterial stuff needed to kill any potential Coronavirus. Hey at least I'll smell good while suffering a slow, painful death. (yes I'm being sarcastic before anyone says!)

What this outbreak has proven is that today's society is made up of a high proportion of self-centred CUNTS. Anyone trying to justify "panic buying" (let's be honest it's not panicking it's just ignorance and greed) is just as bad IMO.

Funny how I've not seen one person admit to being part of the problem yet so seems that people know what they're doing is wrong and are worried about the backlash. Spineless little turds.

And theres the problem...enough loo roll to last a good few months means that others go without."

I agree stockpiling leaves others without. I can’t afford to do big shops I can only shop week by week, so rely on others not being greedy and buying months worth of food when they really don’t need to be so bloody selfish

Selfish

why is that?

Exactly this. I've not been able to buy loo roll, kitchen roll, hand sanitizer, soap etc for last 4-5 days. I don't need much as a single guy but the usual amount of each would be nice.

Currently using Squashies shower gel as handwash and no idea if it has the relevant antibacterial stuff needed to kill any potential Coronavirus. Hey at least I'll smell good while suffering a slow, painful death. (yes I'm being sarcastic before anyone says!)

What this outbreak has proven is that today's society is made up of a high proportion of self-centred CUNTS. Anyone trying to justify "panic buying" (let's be honest it's not panicking it's just ignorance and greed) is just as bad IMO.

Funny how I've not seen one person admit to being part of the problem yet so seems that people know what they're doing is wrong and are worried about the backlash. Spineless little turds."

I also stock up on fuel, we use a lot of quad bikes when stalking in forestry, use them to tow out the deer we shoot, so we have at least 6 - 20 litre tins of fuel, guess you got a problem with that too fella.

tell you what, you worry about yourself and worry about how your going to wipe your own ass whist I sit back enjoy a beer with my mates

worry worry worry

Selfish

why is that?

whats your problem fella

Selfish people

think out of the box

posty delivering a large bottle of Dettol, none in the shops but Amazon have plenty

time to wash the kitchen floor now, will leave you to get upset reading this, whilst I get on with life"

I've just done a Google search for Dettol Antiseptic and Superdrug has it for £3.50 for 750ml but it's out of stock. Them looked on eBay and people are selling same product for £10-£30.

Out of interest how much did you pay for yours and do you think it's justified that scumbags are making money out of the current situation?

I'm sure people on a budget and the elderly will be more than happy ordering a standard shopping item for at least 3x it's genuine value.

(oh and you do realise a lot of people don't use the internet right or have bank cards etc to order online?)

Selfish

why is that?

whats your problem fella

Selfish people

think out of the box

time to wash the kitchen floor now, will leave you to get upset reading this, whilst I get on with life

I've just done a Google search for Dettol Antiseptic and Superdrug has it for £3.50 for 750ml but it's out of stock. Them looked on eBay and people are selling same product for £10-£30.

Out of interest how much did you pay for yours and do you think it's justified that scumbags are making money out of the current situation?

I'm sure people on a budget and the elderly will be more than happy ordering a standard shopping item for at least 3x it's genuine value.

(oh and you do realise a lot of people don't use the internet right or have bank cards etc to order online?)"

I paid £7.50 from Amazon including delivery

I live in the countryside closest supermarket is 12 miles away, that is why I buy in bulk,

Yes the Dettol was over priced but at £7.70 for 750ml I did save on fuel traveling a round trip of 24 miles, so when you take fuel and time spent into consideration I dont mind paying out a few pounds extra

Selfish

why is that?

Funny how I've not seen one person admit to being part of the problem yet so seems that people know what they're doing is wrong and are worried about the backlash. Spineless little turds.

I also stock up on fuel, we use a lot of quad bikes when stalking in forestry, use them to tow out the deer we shoot, so we have at least 6 - 20 litre tins of fuel, guess you got a problem with that too fella.

tell you what, you worry about yourself and worry about how your going to wipe your own ass whist I sit back enjoy a beer with my mates

worry worry worry "

Surprised you've got mates tbh, you sound like a right arrogant prick.

And I'm not worried. I'm totally capable of looking after myself. However, a lot of people aren't able to and they're the ones that will truly suffer. If I have to clean my arse in the shower so be it.

Careful not to overdo the Guinness now and ch*ke on your own vomit. I'm sure you'll be way down on the list of priorities for the ventilators.

By *rAitchMan  over a year ago

Diagonally Parked in a Parallel Universe

My mum is 77 and dad is 81. They're trying to be sensible and follow advice to stay at home, but because of panic buyers, they are finding shelves empty so instead of going out once per week for their groceries, they're going out almost daily to try to find food. They're getting by, but have asked me to pick them some bits and pieces up so they can have a day at home.

"T

Surprised you've got mates tbh, you sound like a right arrogant prick.

And I'm not worried. I'm totally capable of looking after myself. However, a lot of people aren't able to and they're the ones that will truly suffer. If I have to clean my arse in the shower so be it.

Careful not to overdo the Guinness now and ch*ke on your own vomit. I'm sure you'll be way down on the list of priorities for the ventilators. "

see fella on here I do not call people assholes or pricks the way you do, if I wanted to do that, I would only do that straight to the persons face

I do not believe on "name calling" on line, I leave that for the cowards

In Costco yesterday and the hoarding dickheads were buying up kitchen roll cos there's no toilet role. Blocked drains everywhere next!

This country is full of ignorant fuckwit selfish snowflakes. You can't ask dickheads to play by rules, you have to force them to.

here

Selfish

why is that?

whats your problem fella

Selfish people

think out of the box

time to wash the kitchen floor now, will leave you to get upset reading this, whilst I get on with life"

Takes a lot more than blatant selfish arrogance to upset me.

Good luck with your “I’m alright jack” attitude

North Bucks

"

You are such a wind up merchant

Think I'll dig up the back garden to make a veg patch and convert the shed into a chicken coup.

Bring back the wartime slogan "Dig For Britain"

By *eonnieCouple  over a year ago

Worsley

I still don't understand the point in panick buying. Even in countries on lockdown the food retailers stayed open, and they have good supplies of most things.

My local Aldi had pretty much everything earlier today (even toilet paper) and the small shops also seem to have good variety of most things. Yes there are limits to how many items of the "popular" stuff you can buy, but I don't mind that if it means that other people stand a chance of getting hold of some items too.

for all the townies on here who cant understand people buying in bulk

I live in rural countryside Scotland, we dont have a local shop and nearest supermarket 12 miles drive, we are not even on the bus route, why; because we choose this route.

When shopping, the shopping is bought in bulk, such things as toothpaste, shampoo, soap, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, floor cleaners etc as well as food whether tins for cupboards or frozen foods, I have 2 freezers in the garage, one for frozen foods, the other for deer meat, as well as a fridge freezer in kitchen and fridge freezer in utility room, all are stocked up and stay stocked up through out the year, buying un bulk saves running out and having to jump in car and drive into town when unexpected and save over an hours round trip

We cannot walk out of our house and into the corner shop or into the corner pub, cant walk out the house to the bus stop, but we choose this way to live and due to that we stock up on foods and supplies,

our choice, our way of life, the people happy to take a dig at me here sure as hell wont do it to my face.

By *heLaserGuyMan  over a year ago

Coventry

Maybe a limit of say £20 per shop would be a fairer way.

here

"for all the townies on here who cant understand people buying in bulk

I live in rural countryside Scotland, we dont have a local shop and nearest supermarket 12 miles drive, we are not even on the bus route, why; because we choose this route.

When shopping, the shopping is bought in bulk, such things as toothpaste, shampoo, soap, toilet rolls, kitchen rolls, floor cleaners etc as well as food whether tins for cupboards or frozen foods, I have 2 freezers in the garage, one for frozen foods, the other for deer meat, as well as a fridge freezer in kitchen and fridge freezer in utility room, all are stocked up and stay stocked up through out the year, buying un bulk saves running out and having to jump in car and drive into town when unexpected and save over an hours round trip

We cannot walk out of our house and into the corner shop or into the corner pub, cant walk out the house to the bus stop, but we choose this way to live and due to that we stock up on foods and supplies,

our choice, our way of life, the people happy to take a dig at me here sure as hell wont do it to my face."

Rationalise: attempt to explain or justify (behaviour or an attitude) with logical reasons, even if these are not appropriate.

By *am_brownMan  over a year ago

birmingham

What if they're buying for their family to include elderly people who aren't strong enough to visit busy supermarkets themselves? Shouldn't they be supported also?

By *candiumWoman  over a year ago

oban

Although I'm within 10 minutes of what passes for supermarkets here, there are a lot of people out in the sticks and on the islands that normally come from an hour or more away to stock up at my local places.

I do feel for them as they simply cannot get to Tesco for 7am to make sure they get enough staples to last until the next time they can come in. So for some of us what we 'need' may well be just a 4 pack of loo roll and some pasta, but if you can't get back to the shop for 3-4 weeks, you might need a lot more in 1 shop.

"Maybe a limit of say £20 per shop would be a fairer way.

"

£20... what am I meant to get with that. Can't feed my house for a week with that.

What if they're buying for their family to include elderly people who aren't strong enough to visit busy supermarkets themselves? Shouldn't they be supported also?"

I'm currently shopping for two households who are self isolating and 3 vulnerable people from the flats opposite me. Plus i have a house with someone who is counted ss vulnerable. She also suffers with a bowel condition.

Im also taking 2 older ladies shopping once a week....

Ive spent 27 hours this week in shops.

The special times arent being taken any notice of... and the shops are relying on people to be sensible..

Coventry

£20... what am I meant to get with that. Can't feed my house for a week with that. "

Per day....would ensure enough for all on a daily basis

£20... what am I meant to get with that. Can't feed my house for a week with that.

Per day....would ensure enough for all on a daily basis"

and mean people would be having to go to the shops daily.. which would be a terrible plan. And not practical for most.

our choice, our way of life, the people happy to take a dig at me here sure as hell wont do it to my face."

It's 12 miles. You have transport. Sure it's an inconvenience, but I'm also sure it's unlikely you need to stockpile in your many freezers

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

In social care settings, they been asking army and whole sellers for help as there's nothing in the local supermarkets. But i did see supermarkets putting up signs saying only 2 of every item.... But i witnessed a guy trying to buy 7 packs of 12 pack of toilet rolls by going back into the supermarket several times so they will have difficulty regulating it. Unless they put cleaning products and toilets behind the counter system. Or we end up using government rationing cards at this rate

So would I be classed as buying to much as I did my normal monthly shop and got everything I usually do for a month of tins, meat and toiletries etc for a family of 5 + my dad who’s staying and enough for my two elderly neighbours downstairs to last them as they are in lockdown as one has a heart defect and the other bad asthma people looked at my trolly like I was doing wrong and getting looks funny looks with my usual £160 bill just because we all don’t have a small family dosent mean we’re all bulk buying so some people should think before the judge

Yet buying my usual monthly shop as stated as I always do every month and also buying for a total 8 people I get frowned upon that’s disgusting in my mind

All I get on a weekly basis is fresh veg milk and bread

Coventry

Per day....would ensure enough for all on a daily basis and mean people would be having to go to the shops daily.. which would be a terrible plan. And not practical for most. "

It's preferable to turning up after work to buy dinner and finding fuck all to buy

By *ooljoeMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

Well,society is to blame,when people are less friendly and two faced.Then everyone shuts off from real friendship,dont even care if your neighbours are well. Now,everyone is panic buying because the feel no one will be available for them in time of need.

"Localish Restaurant has come up with a good idea.

They are doing takeaways but also allowing customers to order items of their suppliers list for a little mark up. So anyone struggling with essentials can get meat,pasta,cleaning products, toilet rolls etc. "

I hope the other restaurants all over the UK, jump on board with this idea x

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

Wholeheartedly agree.

I worked in the Highlands 4 years ago. We'd a few small basic shops around plus a Tesco Express.

But bigger town shopping was 35 miles away in Inverness, which had mostly everything you'd require.

Moving there within my company, from Berkshire, I'd always been used to shopping at my local Sainsbury's!

Where I was in Scotland, if I really wanted to go to my "nearest" Sainsbury's, it was in Dundee. Without access to a car, that entailed a 6 hour round trip, using 3 different buses each way!

So for those who whinge about going a few miles to your local Tesco's / ASDA etc, thank your lucky stars you have one!

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

I read that in Sweden (i think) that one supermarkets solution to panic buying is to have the item priced normally, if you want another of the item, then, its 100x the price. So a packet of toilet roll is £4, but if you buy 2 packets then it will cost you £404

But ask yourself, is this panic buying hurting the supermarkets?

Falkirk

"

So what about large families??? £20 isn’t going to get more than a days worth of food for a family of 7-8.

I’ve spent £70-£100 more than I would normally just to get three same stuff because instead of buying it all in 3 cheap shops I’ve had to o as y for the expensive stuff.

See me complaining?? No. Because I just have to bloody well get on with it.

So will people PLEASE wind their necks in and stop having a go at people with large families.

So what about large families??? £20 isn’t going to get more than a days worth of food for a family of 7-8.

I’ve spent £70-£100 more than I would normally just to get three same stuff because instead of buying it all in 3 cheap shops I’ve had to o as y for the expensive stuff.

So will people PLEASE wind their necks in and stop having a go at people with large families. "

I don't see anyone suggesting that large families should go without, but maybe we should all be less reluctant to change how we normally do things and think of the bigger picture

Falkirk

I CAN FIX THE SUPERMARKETS IN 2-3 WEEKS

Sound far fetched??? Nope...read on my little chickadees....

So, we have approx 450000 HGV licence holders in the UK.

Of those, approx 250000 will hold HGV C+E entitlement. ( Artic licence )

If we stop ALL non essential foods from being moved for 2-3 weeks we could use those lorries to transport goods from manufacturer to warehouse and warehouse to store.

That’s approx 20000 extra deliveries a day. For 2-3 weeks. (Bare in mind drivers are still limited to driving hours so you’ll need 2-3 to operate a lorry around the clock.)

To keep shops stocked you need to hit a critical mass and once hit the extra lorries can go back to their normal work and the supermarkets can hire their Xmas fleet in.

But you need that sudden push to reach critical mass FAST.

Disclaimer : All Figures are guesstimates. But in my experience they won’t be too far off.

Of course, this was brought to you by Furry. NOT bookface or twatter. Furry is not responsible if the figures aren’t 100% accurate, he would need to have figures from the government and BJ hasn’t replied to his emails

If the supermarkets didn't want it - panic buying - then they'd do something about it.

Watch the end of year profits when they're posted, and if you can, buy some shares in said supermarkets.

As for the wankers fuelling it all, let's hope karma intervenes.

Falkirk

So will people PLEASE wind their necks in and stop having a go at people with large families.

I don't see anyone suggesting that large families should go without, but maybe we should all be less reluctant to change how we normally do things and think of the bigger picture "

ALL I see is trolls having a go at people with large families. So no, YOU are WRONG!!

If a large family needs to buy a lot even for a week, why should they be made to traipse to the shops EVERY day to satisfy YOUR need to be holier than thou???

If that’s the case then YOU are saying these families should run the risk of catching this every day!! That’s 600% more risk than if they did 1 single shop every week.

Yet YOU said everyone should socially isolate.

Kinda puts that out of the window if you insist they go out 7 days a week huh??

Oh wait...you didn’t think that far ahead and neither did the other trolls.

So once again, for those of you who had difficulty reading it earlier....

WIND YOUR NECKS IN AND STOP HARASSING PEOPLE WITH LARGE FAMILIES

ten to 6 this morning on way in to work there were over 100 people queuing to get in Tesco, all stood in a normal queue next to each other - what are they playing at ? the supermarkets are trying by limiting the number of items you can buy but there are some selfish thick fuckers out there

"

If we stop ALL non essential foods from being moved for 2-3 weeks we could use those lorries to transport goods from manufacturer to warehouse and warehouse to store.

"

Who decides what is essential and what isn't?

"

Who decides what is essential and what isn't?"

I thought the same

To some people, chicken nuggets and microwave burgers are staples

Some couldnt survive without lentils and brown rice

Who determines whats essential?

"

I thought the same

Who determines whats essential?"

I'm pretty sure we'll be informed soon enough

nothing wrong with ensuring you are stocked up in all supplies including fuel"

Thing is, it's not being sensible if it's not needed. Two weeks supplies, fine. IF you have to self-isolate it's needed. A few months though? Sorry, but that qualifies the buyers as rather being greedy cunts who are purely out for themselves and would rather have all this stuff stockpiled for the minuscule possibility that somehow all food and bog roll in the land is going to magically disappear at the expense of others having nothing.

Well I'll tell you what I plan on doing. It may sound extreme, but I'm taking pics of everyone I see behaving in this manner, as well as the shops that are ramping up stupid prices on basic items, then when this all dies down I'm going to construct a "TWATS gallery" and slap it up online with a basic message to potential employers (considering that we may well be in a recession by the end of this, so jobs will be harder to come by) to not think of hiring any of these stockpilers as they're clearly not team players (let them live off off their 6 months worth of stockpiled goods, they don't need a wage as much for that duration anyway) and in the case of the shops, which ones to boycott. If a business proves itself to be unscrupulous, then let it go to the wall.

B

Falkirk

"

I thought the same

I'm pretty sure we'll be informed soon enough "

You tell me

Because I have a list of non-essentials raring to go but you know best as always so go for it....

"

I thought the same

You tell me

Because I have a list of non-essentials raring to go but you know best as always so go for it...."

What's essential for me is all I'm claiming to know

"

I thought the same

You tell me

Because I have a list of non-essentials raring to go but you know best as always so go for it...."

I would be interested to know whats on your list

Falkirk

Ok....

Kitchens

Sofas

Other furniture

Stationary

Car parts

Clothing

Electrical items

Shop fittings

Windows

Steel

Timber

Logging

Car transporters

None of this is essential when compared to nappies, food, toiletries, cleaning products, and other household items

Or am I wrong??

Falkirk

"

I thought the same

You tell me

Because I have a list of non-essentials raring to go but you know best as always so go for it....

I would be interested to know whats on your list"

Strange how neither of you rose to the challenge

None of those things are foods either

Falkirk

[Removed by poster at 21/03/20 13:34:35]

Falkirk

"None of those things are foods either "

Which things? Food? It’s there in the list

"A lot is not panic buying, just plain fucking greed and selfishness. Asian woman in front of me in small Tesco local this morning, had 5 large milk containers - ie 20 pints.

Girl behind counter said she could only have two, as there was plenty in stock each day (Actually, this greedy bitch had grabbed the last five 4 pinters).

Woman pleaded: "Three, three, please, please, three". The girl relented, and let her have three.

Woman then took the other two to an Asian man in the queue - not with her - and said something in their own language. He took the two milks.

She left and waited outside. He paid for the two milks along with his own shopping, then went outside, gave them to her, and walked in the other direction.

The greedy bitch got her TWENTY PINTS. She'll probably be back tomorrow for more.

Made me want to shoot the both of them. I think there is going to be violence in shops once people see what some people are doing. "

Are you american?

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

It seems to me the virus is spreading fast! via super markets

Falkirk

"None of those things are foods either

Which things? Food? It’s there in the list"

The main list is all the things we can do WITHOUT for 2-3 weeks while we stock up supermarkets WITH food and essentials

Falkirk

Wow. Over half an hour and no list from either of you after berating me for daring to suggest we stop transporting non essential goods for 2-3 weeks in favour if essential food and products for households.

Falkirk

"It seems to me the virus is spreading fast! via super markets

"

Especially when some users would rather large families shop daily to ease up pressure on stocks.

That only increases their risk of exposure 600%.

"Wow. Over half an hour and no list from either of you after berating me for daring to suggest we stop transporting non essential goods for 2-3 weeks in favour if essential food and products for households.

"

Is this giving you a hairy hardon?

Falkirk

"Wow. Over half an hour and no list from either of you after berating me for daring to suggest we stop transporting non essential goods for 2-3 weeks in favour if essential food and products for households.

Is this giving you a hairy hardon?"

Really??? Is that the best you’ve got??

A personal insult??

Where’s the answer to my questions?

You want to debate - debate.

Now you’ve just shown your true colours by being abusive

A personal insult??

Now you’ve just shown your true colours by being abusive "

I addressed your question much further back

Falkirk

A personal insult??

Now you’ve just shown your true colours by being abusive

I addressed your question much further back

"

No you didn’t...you failed to give me your list of non-essential items and incorrectly claimed I hadn’t put food in the essential list.

Here's what you said when you claimed that you could fix the supermarkets

'If we stop ALL non essential foods from being moved for 2-3 weeks we could use those lorries to transport goods from manufacturer to warehouse and warehouse to store.'

I didn't claim to know what could be classed as non essential foods, hence no list

Falkirk

"Here's what you said when you claimed that you could fix the supermarkets

'If we stop ALL non essential foods from being moved for 2-3 weeks we could use those lorries to transport goods from manufacturer to warehouse and warehouse to store.'

I didn't claim to know what could be classed as non essential foods, hence no list"

You claim to know everything but yet you don’t know what is non-essential now. WOW.

That’s a first.

So just stop harassing others

Morrison's were limiting pasta,eggs,bread and some other things to 2 per customer.

They just put pallets in the aisle and the public helped themselves lol.

Good on them though. They doing a great job and helpful.

Cashier has been stabbed in an Iceland in Liverpool today, such sad times, our country is a joke such selfish bastards

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Cashier has been stabbed in an Iceland in Liverpool today, such sad times, our country is a joke such selfish bastards "

The really sad thing is that most of us are not surprised at something like this happening.

I believe in the rule of law but it's wearing thin at the moment when trash like these,commit a crime like this,during these particularly difficult times.

By *rkiteMan  over a year ago

wakefield

When it comes to loo roll its something I can get by without has I just wash my arse have a really good wet room that the council put in for me. But not been able to have any toast for ages. That I miss

Derry

As disappointing as the panic buying is, the supermarkets are loving this, they could stop the panic buying in a heartbeat but the bottom line is more important.

"As disappointing as the panic buying is, the supermarkets are loving this, they could stop the panic buying in a heartbeat but the bottom line is more important. "

As sad as this is you’ve hit the nail on the head there, this is crazy tho a couple of weeks ago and now the world has gone mad

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Pathetic disgusting excuses for human beings. "

And fucking thick

liverpool

"As disappointing as the panic buying is, the supermarkets are loving this, they could stop the panic buying in a heartbeat but the bottom line is more important. "

What else can they do?

Its fucking idiots causing it

Seen a video of a British guy in Spain their all calm over there and the shelves are stocked up to the hilt

Derry

"As disappointing as the panic buying is, the supermarkets are loving this, they could stop the panic buying in a heartbeat but the bottom line is more important.

What else can they do?

Its fucking idiots causing it"

They could use pricing to stop multiple items. Instead of buy one get one free, make the second item 100 times more expensive than the first.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

all i have extra is a loaf in the freezer and and extra tub of butter in fridge need my cpl slices of toast in the morning only reason i done that.because people are running round like massive bellends carrying on as if iys the end of the world

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

The goverment should have ordered supermarkets to lock up the big trolleys and to reserve food for emergency service workers Back in February.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

There is no panic buying near me, there is fuck all to panic buy !

where is it all, since there are NO shortages according to the government and the stores !

liverpool

"As disappointing as the panic buying is, the supermarkets are loving this, they could stop the panic buying in a heartbeat but the bottom line is more important.

What else can they do?

Its fucking idiots causing it

They could use pricing to stop multiple items. Instead of buy one get one free, make the second item 100 times more expensive than the first. "

They shouldnt have to legislate for people being thick and selfish

liverpool

"There is no panic buying near me, there is fuck all to panic buy !

where is it all, since there are NO shortages according to the government and the stores !"

There isnt shortages but the shops can only stock so much and all the fucktards are clearing the shelves.

By *lowercandyWoman  over a year ago

Lancashire

"A lot is not panic buying, just plain fucking greed and selfishness. Asian woman in front of me in small Tesco local this morning, had 5 large milk containers - ie 20 pints.

Made me want to shoot the both of them. I think there is going to be violence in shops once people see what some people are doing. "

My regular shop is at payday ( monthly)to buy a box of milk has been for years... i cant do this at the moment in fact i cant buy even 1 carton because of panic buying.

By *essie.Woman  over a year ago

Serendipity

I definitely think they could do more to stop it. You can limit people to 2 of an item, but they can go every day to get 2 of it. Some will do just that.

I definitely think they could do more to stop it. You can limit people to 2 of an item, but they can go every day to get 2 of it. Some will do just that. "

Everything that needs to be bought has already been bought by most people, so things will slow and return to normal

panic over

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I get panic buying, if people are afraid they worry and make choices based on that worry.

However, even if you panic buy there are certain items that make no sense to panic buy.

Milk - its not exactly an essential basic and daisy has to produce it every day. As far as I know coronavirus does not kill cows.

True to form loads of milk available the next day as daisy did not have a day off.

liverpool

They should ban trolleys

Try to pack 80 packets of toilet roll into a basket.

Paranoia and hysteria is causing panic buying, if some does it, it causes a chain reaction where everyone will do it it in order to get the food they want, healthy food such as oats is still on the chelfs tho

By *arkstaffsMan  over a year ago

Rugeley

"They should ban trolleys

Try to pack 80 packets of toilet roll into a basket."

I've been saying this for a while. Lock up the big trolleys at least.

This afternoon I went to a shop as I broke my mop bucket and it was actually quite calm... and apart from pasta they had everything else in stock x

We’ve not been able to get bread so Mrs tried making her own with some whole meal flour that’s been in the cupboard for ages, didn’t come out that great but rather then waste it we thought make it into a bread pudding.

Went to the local corner shop and they had mixed fruit and plenty of bread and lots of everything.

Didn’t notice until we got home they were co-op own brand and it cost nearly five pounds.

Obviously they have been stocking up from the supermarket.

It’s not illegal but not ethical

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"We’ve not been able to get bread so Mrs tried making her own with some whole meal flour that’s been in the cupboard for ages, didn’t come out that great but rather then waste it we thought make it into a bread pudding.

Went to the local corner shop and they had mixed fruit and plenty of bread and lots of everything.

Didn’t notice until we got home they were co-op own brand and it cost nearly five pounds.

It’s not illegal but not ethical "

Probably legal and ethical to have HMRC rip through their books to see they have declared all their new source of profit.

These type of people will probably be breaking all type of rules.

liverpool

"We’ve not been able to get bread so Mrs tried making her own with some whole meal flour that’s been in the cupboard for ages, didn’t come out that great but rather then waste it we thought make it into a bread pudding.

It’s not illegal but not ethical "

When it's over boycotting it

Short term profit for them could cost them

Try to pack 80 packets of toilet roll into a basket."

Imagine you have a large family and you are the only one able to shop. Could you sustain that family out of a basket full of groceries.

What would result is people having to make multiple trips to the car, resulting in MORE congestion, more time standing in shopping queues giving the virus MORE opportunity to spread.

liverpool

Imagine you have a large family and you are the only one able to shop. Could you sustain that family out of a basket full of groceries.

What would result is people having to make multiple trips to the car, resulting in MORE congestion, more time standing in shopping queues giving the virus MORE opportunity to spread."

Fair point

What would result is people having to make multiple trips to the car, resulting in MORE congestion, more time standing in shopping queues giving the virus MORE opportunity to spread."

Have to agree, one shop per family per fortnight is surely the most efficient and effective way.

Perhaps coming from a war country and having experienced rationing I have a different perspective.

The trick is not to hoard loads of goods, but to buy little but more often. Fill your tank when it gets to half empty, buy more toilet paper when you get to your last pack rather than when you get to your last sheet etc etc.

As a person who has worked in the food industry I can tell you the ability to ramp up production is far easier these days than it was for previous generations. With the 50% increased output stores will soon match buying capacity and things will stabilise.

By *014shadowCouple  over a year ago

Fresno

All of our stores have placed limits on quantity you can buy that are hard to get items. You have to go as soon as the stores open or there out quickly.

By *exyredheadtattooCouple  over a year ago

Beaumont

The only thing here in the USA that isn't coming in stock in massive amounts is toilet paper. Everything else is replenished daily! I work in a superstore.

» Add a new message to this topic