FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Taste, Smell and Texture

Taste, Smell and Texture

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know these are common with Covid but I didn't start experiencing these until my Covid tests were showing negative.

Everything I eat or drink has a metallic taste and then a rancid aftertaste.

Even trying to eat something as simple as pasta is making me gag as the texture is so slimy.

Has anyone else suffered like this? It's been 4 days now and it's bloody gross

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ayboii2018_12Man  over a year ago

West Midlands

Will get better fingers crossed. I experienced this. Took about a month and I noticed my senses were coming back x

By *oe198199Man  over a year ago

Wincanton

Google metal mouth, it can be associated with eating pine nuts that have gone off

By *aulaxd2020TV/TS  over a year ago

dudley

I had it in April worst part of loss of taste and smell I found it quite in nerving burning my sausages under the grill to the point where it set on fire and I couldn’t smell a thing it hung around about 3weeks before it returned Covid itself wasn’t to bad it lasted about 5days but I’m still suffering with terrible fatigue, I got Covid again 2weeks ago it was hardly anything blocked nose and a bit of a sneeze and sore throat

By *uriouskitten999Woman  over a year ago

Worcester

I got covid last week and I lost my sense of taste almost immediately. I’ve had sore and bleeding gums as well. Savoury things I can’t taste but sweet things I can just about taste. Hoping this will all go away soon. It starts to get you down. Hope you feel better soon!

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

[Removed by poster at 01/11/22 08:31:44]

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

No. I havent, its been ok like always, get well soon

By *onandCouple  over a year ago

Cheadle

Exactly the same

By *onandCouple  over a year ago

Cheadle

I suffered a heart attack as a result of the third vaccine….. dreadful nose bleeds then vomiting blood and then a heart attack caused by a blood clot!!!!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I know these are common with Covid but I didn't start experiencing these until my Covid tests were showing negative.

Everything I eat or drink has a metallic taste and then a rancid aftertaste.

Even trying to eat something as simple as pasta is making me gag as the texture is so slimy.

Has anyone else suffered like this? It's been 4 days now and it's bloody gross

"

Had covid three times since 2020 long term covid with hospital they say my taste smell and texture sensation may never return unfortunately on the other end of scale everything I eat tastes like burnt rubber it is what it is

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

One of my nieces had covid back in 2020 and she still hasnt got her sense of taste or smell back completely she can occasionally taste salt but other than that nothing really tastes of anything and has a disgusting after taste.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks everyone for your comments. I can handle the rest of it and it has given me a new found appreciation for food in general.

I know that as and when my taste comes back, I will be savouring those flavours xx

By *enelope2UWoman  over a year ago

Fife

Really feel sad for you all.. thankfully never had covid

By *m_hardMan  over a year ago

Swaffham

You may want to try a saline nasal rinse as it helps to reset your olfactory system after a meal. There is also some evidence that training with some basic reference smells like lemon, rose, ground coffee etc. can be helpful.

If you also smell the metallic smell when you are not eating it may be prudent to check your house's electricity points: overheating sockets produce ozone.

» Add a new message to this topic