FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Clubs should close

Clubs should close

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ulhamplayers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Fulham

We think clubs need to close with covid outbreak thoughts?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No, they've been persecuted enough!

The same with hospitality.....

"No, they've been persecuted enough!

"

I agree I am done with this lockdown shite

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

I agree I am done with this lockdown shite "

We're not in lockdown.

Winston.

By *histle do nicelyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow South

Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittance

We're not in lockdown.

Winston."

We will be restricted after Xmas

By *BWarksCouple  over a year ago

warwick

Urr no , keep open please

Totally agree they do not know whether this strain is resistant to the jabs and scare mongering. Covering there own backs after last year's Christmas party whistle blow at downing Street.

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

I think you are in the wrong forum section.

Also, nobody forces you to go to a club if you don't feel safe there. It's a personal choice, but I think hospitality has been severely affected by lockdowns already so it's not fair on them to have to close again, especially when there is no help from the government anymore.

K

We think they shouldn’t.

Right there is the true power of opinions

Fuck all.

We're not in lockdown.

Winston.

We will be restricted after Xmas "

Can you give me 6 numbers between 0 and 51 please.

Winston

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

We're not in lockdown.

Winston.

We will be restricted after Xmas

Can you give me 6 numbers between 0 and 51 please.

Winston

"

LvM

By *lipy123TV/TS  over a year ago

Birmingham

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittance"

+1

Individuals or businesses, I don't think many are gonna obey another restriction from this government or any other for a long time

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

If you're worried, don't go.

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

why proof of double vaxxed? They can still be carrying it,surley a neg test is a better option if you gona be asking for proof of anything

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"Individuals or businesses, I don't think many are gonna obey another restriction from this government or any other for a long time"

We already know what happens when businesses fuck around - they find out.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-57750368

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"We think clubs need to close with covid outbreak thoughts? "

Just don't go

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Always travelling

Compulsory lft test on arrival and wait outside for 15 mins

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

"Individuals or businesses, I don't think many are gonna obey another restriction from this government or any other for a long time

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-57750368"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59602984

Manchester (she/her)

"Individuals or businesses, I don't think many are gonna obey another restriction from this government or any other for a long time

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-59602984

"

Yes - businesses have very little wiggle room, and most of them know it.

By *olymalelincsMan  over a year ago

nr spalding

"We think clubs need to close with covid outbreak thoughts?

Compulsory lft test on arrival and wait outside for 15 mins"

This would be a good idea and would stop the apparently large number of people willing to cheat the tests, I would have no problem doing this.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

People could still cheat the test. They could bring one with them which was already showing negative

nr spalding

"People could still cheat the test. They could bring one with them which was already showing negative"

Simple you do the test and leave it with the staff on a card with your name on it

Manchester (she/her)

This would be a good idea and would stop the apparently large number of people willing to cheat the tests, I would have no problem doing this."

Yeah. The whole "this is why we can't have nice things".

If people cheat the system, the system will have to clamp down.

nr spalding

This would be a good idea and would stop the apparently large number of people willing to cheat the tests, I would have no problem doing this.

If people cheat the system, the system will have to clamp down."

Yup I really don't get why people are so selfish the feel the need to cheat an lft test, it's a quick swab and a 15 min wait, to me it shows that some people just lack any form of respect for other peoples safety and personally I don't think they are the type of people you want in a swinging club where respect for rules and safety are paramount.

Manchester (she/her)

If people cheat the system, the system will have to clamp down.

Yup I really don't get why people are so selfish the feel the need to cheat an lft test, it's a quick swab and a 15 min wait, to me it shows that some people just lack any form of respect for other peoples safety and personally I don't think they are the type of people you want in a swinging club where respect for rules and safety are paramount."

Quite

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

Simple you do the test and leave it with the staff on a card with your name on it"

It is a bit logistically difficult for a club to have enough space to lay out about one hundred tests

By *aked2sumCouple  over a year ago

playa del ingles

Can you only catch covid in swingers clubs ? Let’s just close the world and all stay indoors watching the news . Get on with your life live and let live . Sick of hearing people calling others selfish for trying to have some form of normality. Anyone who is afraid of covid can protect themselves by staying away from people staying at home and not mixing with society. We don’t all want to sit indoors wearing a tinfoil hat

By *ovelybumCouple  over a year ago

Tunbridge Wells

Shut the supermarkets first, it's safer.

playa del ingles

Shut the supermarkets first, it's safer. "

And all the pubs bars and restaurants Suddenly covid as become a swingers virus

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

I think you do not need to go also could stop telling others what to do.

nr spalding

"Can you only catch covid in swingers clubs ? Let’s just close the world and all stay indoors watching the news . Get on with your life live and let live . Sick of hearing people calling others selfish for trying to have some form of normality. Anyone who is afraid of covid can protect themselves by staying away from people staying at home and not mixing with society. We don’t all want to sit indoors wearing a tinfoil hat "

We are all trying for "some form of normality" but I am sorry to say that cheating a simple lft test is in fact very selfish and unnecessary if you have nothing to hide, going to a club knowing you could have covid is just a dick move, what if person A who has a weakened immune system is there with friends that have all tested negative enjoying an evening out, but suddenly Bob the knob arrives who knows he potentially has covid cheats his lft just so he can get into the club with the hope of getting his end away and happens to be in close contact with person A, does Bob's need to get his knob wet outweigh person A's right to a night out in a safe environment?

Manchester (she/her)

I think you do not need to go also could stop telling others what to do. "

I do believe we're discussing public policy, not telling people what to do.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I think that proof of recent test should do but they need to sort out that you send a photo when you register your test

playa del ingles

"Can you only catch covid in swingers clubs ? Let’s just close the world and all stay indoors watching the news . Get on with your life live and let live . Sick of hearing people calling others selfish for trying to have some form of normality. Anyone who is afraid of covid can protect themselves by staying away from people staying at home and not mixing with society. We don’t all want to sit indoors wearing a tinfoil hat

We are all trying for "some form of normality" but I am sorry to say that cheating a simple lft test is in fact very selfish and unnecessary if you have nothing to hide, going to a club knowing you could have covid is just a dick move, what if person A who has a weakened immune system is there with friends that have all tested negative enjoying an evening out, but suddenly Bob the knob arrives who knows he potentially has covid cheats his lft just so he can get into the club with the hope of getting his end away and happens to be in close contact with person A, does Bob's need to get his knob wet outweigh person A's right to a night out in a safe environment?"

Ooo now i get it you can only get covid from penatrive sexy . So do all these bobs only go to swingers clubs or do you think maybe they go shopping, to the pub maybe , concerts ? Football matches ? All these places where thousands upon on thousands of people go on a daily basis mixing people who may have covid and not even know about it but we don’t need a test to get in ? No Bob only goes out once a week to his local swingers club ffs

nr spalding

"Can you only catch covid in swingers clubs ? Let’s just close the world and all stay indoors watching the news . Get on with your life live and let live . Sick of hearing people calling others selfish for trying to have some form of normality. Anyone who is afraid of covid can protect themselves by staying away from people staying at home and not mixing with society. We don’t all want to sit indoors wearing a tinfoil hat

We are all trying for "some form of normality" but I am sorry to say that cheating a simple lft test is in fact very selfish and unnecessary if you have nothing to hide, going to a club knowing you could have covid is just a dick move, what if person A who has a weakened immune system is there with friends that have all tested negative enjoying an evening out, but suddenly Bob the knob arrives who knows he potentially has covid cheats his lft just so he can get into the club with the hope of getting his end away and happens to be in close contact with person A, does Bob's need to get his knob wet outweigh person A's right to a night out in a safe environment?

Ooo now i get it you can only get covid from penatrive sexy . So do all these bobs only go to swingers clubs or do you think maybe they go shopping, to the pub maybe , concerts ? Football matches ? All these places where thousands upon on thousands of people go on a daily basis mixing people who may have covid and not even know about it but we don’t need a test to get in ? No Bob only goes out once a week to his local swingers club ffs "

don't be pedantic the discussion is about clubs so that was why I used that example, but to answer you Bob is still a knob if he goes to the shops ir a football match or the cinema or concerts knowing he may have covid. Nothing to do with penetrative sex either as he could have gone to the club just to get a blowie which would leave his knob wet aswell .

playa del ingles

Ooo now i get it you can only get covid from penatrive sexy . So do all these bobs only go to swingers clubs or do you think maybe they go shopping, to the pub maybe , concerts ? Football matches ? All these places where thousands upon on thousands of people go on a daily basis mixing people who may have covid and not even know about it but we don’t need a test to get in ? No Bob only goes out once a week to his local swingers club ffs

don't be pedantic the discussion is about clubs so that was why I used that example, but to answer you Bob is still a knob if he goes to the shops ir a football match or the cinema or concerts knowing he may have covid. Nothing to do with penetrative sex either as he could have gone to the club just to get a blowie which would leave his knob wet aswell ."

Being pedantic because the thread is about shutting clubs I’m just pointing out the facts that’s there is no real measures in place for protecting you from covid in day to day life and there is probably 99.9% chance of you catching it from going about your daily business as there is from a swingers club . So no shutting clubs is complete Bollocks for those who have concerns don’t go , but let people have choices

??????????

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-57750368"

One side of the story. If law of this land is upheld those who lawfully resist would have fines dropped. Sadly the bar is part of the corrupt system although individuals who challenged their fines in many cases had them dropped.

https://www.lep.co.uk/business/watch-moment-preston-gym-owner-gets-raided-police-11th-time-refusing-close-lockdown-3118120?amp

What's with all the fear? It's totally irrational, if this is a pandemic then we've lived all our lives through a pandemic of cold and flu, we just never tested for it.

Manchester (she/her)

One side of the story. If law of this land is upheld those who lawfully resist would have fines dropped. Sadly the bar is part of the corrupt system although individuals who challenged their fines in many cases had them dropped.

"

... I mean yeah, in the fairy tale system where the law is defined by the sovereign citizen/Freeman on the land movement

By *lutForYou69Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

Get a grip and don’t go then!

So many people have lost their livelihoods due to lockdowns

If people are that concerned don’t go anywhere, just let the rest of us have some normality

Btw I haven’t even been to a club in years because Bristol is very lacking

But atm I’m living for the gym & vanilla nights out with friends just to keep me sane

[Removed by poster at 11/12/21 12:38:24]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd think vax passport and negative test results should be fine, alongside track and trace info, should anyone later prove to be infected

... I mean yeah, in the fairy tale system where the law is defined by the sovereign citizen/Freeman on the land movement "

All men and women are governed by consent!

Only a fairy tale system to those who wish to be treated as the corporation your dealt with as. And those who wish to deny it to further extend the over reach of the law. Many normies will argue against things that don’t fit what they desire.

By *ungry CatCouple  over a year ago

Belfast

"I'd think vax passport and negative test results should be fine, alongside track and trace info, should anyone later prove to be infected

. "

What are vax passports supposed to achieve when one already is presenting a negative test?

It did'nt seem to do France any good, they have banned unvaccinated people from clubs since July this year and have now closed for 4 weeks because of outbreaks!!??

By *lutForYou69Woman  over a year ago

Bristol

"I'd think vax passport and negative test results should be fine, alongside track and trace info, should anyone later prove to be infected

What are vax passports supposed to achieve when one already is presenting a negative test?

"

This!!!!!!!

At least if you’re unvaccinated you’ll be showing proof that you’re negative whereas if you’re vaxxed you could be be positive without symptoms but won’t know as you only need your passport to get into places

"

Simple you do the test and leave it with the staff on a card with your name on it

It is a bit logistically difficult for a club to have enough space to lay out about one hundred tests"

They could duck tape it to the person's genitals.

We are all trying for "some form of normality" but I am sorry to say that cheating a simple lft test is in fact very selfish and unnecessary if you have nothing to hide, going to a club knowing you could have covid is just a dick move, what if person A who has a weakened immune system is there with friends that have all tested negative enjoying an evening out, but suddenly Bob the knob arrives who knows he potentially has covid cheats his lft just so he can get into the club with the hope of getting his end away and happens to be in close contact with person A, does Bob's need to get his knob wet outweigh person A's right to a night out in a safe environment?"

By *iker boy 69Man  over a year ago

midlands

Well theres lots that dont think this, so you do whats right fir you, and let others live how they want, and also let owners earn a living

By *ee And MikeCouple  over a year ago

Cannock

Reading the scientists ‘piss their pants’ scare everyone to death predictions of cases doubling would mean by around the 16th January 2002 that the whole population would have this virus, which is complete bollox.

Forget the shyte coming out of Javid’s and Sturgeon’s mouths we have just under 1,900 cases of Omricon with no hospitalisations or death to date.

Before we start shutting the country down again because of a virus that we are told by WHO is mild compared to other variants I’d like to see how things transpire over the next few weeks.

This time last year a good friend of mine took his life because of ‘dickhead’ Boris’s last minute lockdown that destroyed his catering business that supplied pubs and restaurants !

As for the claim the NHS will be overwhelmed, that happens every year with flu, we can’t be held prisoners in our house just to protect the NHS !

And those that say the NHS is underfunded, then a serious question needs asking about what they do with the money they are allocated ! The NHS is the 5th largest employer in the world and yet has not enough doctors and nurses, what are these chief executives doing that are being paid £250K - £300 a year actually doing ?

Our eldest daughter works for the NHS is a centrally based hospital, it’s had its first Covid19 patient in ICU last week since April, hardly the scenario painted by the press !

The trouble is with this country if it’s not the press, it’s the unions bullshitting what is actually happening for their own agenda, they don’t give a shit about the general public that pays taxes that keep them all in a job.

By *oved Up 2Couple  over a year ago

nottingham

If that's how you feel it's simple, don't attend.

Clubs have suffered enough through this and, quite frankly, so have we

By *hantelle-La-SlutTV/TS  over a year ago

South Birmingham

"Reading the scientists ‘piss their pants’ scare everyone to death predictions of cases doubling would mean by around the 16th January 2002 that the whole population would have this virus, which is complete bollox.

Forget the shyte coming out of Javid’s and Sturgeon’s mouths we have just under 1,900 cases of Omricon with no hospitalisations or death to date.

Before we start shutting the country down again because of a virus that we are told by WHO is mild compared to other variants I’d like to see how things transpire over the next few weeks.

This time last year a good friend of mine took his life because of ‘dickhead’ Boris’s last minute lockdown that destroyed his catering business that supplied pubs and restaurants !

As for the claim the NHS will be overwhelmed, that happens every year with flu, we can’t be held prisoners in our house just to protect the NHS !

And those that say the NHS is underfunded, then a serious question needs asking about what they do with the money they are allocated ! The NHS is the 5th largest employer in the world and yet has not enough doctors and nurses, what are these chief executives doing that are being paid £250K - £300 a year actually doing ?

Our eldest daughter works for the NHS is a centrally based hospital, it’s had its first Covid19 patient in ICU last week since April, hardly the scenario painted by the press !

The trouble is with this country if it’s not the press, it’s the unions bullshitting what is actually happening for their own agenda, they don’t give a shit about the general public that pays taxes that keep them all in a job.

"

at last some comon sense

By *enny PR9TV/TS  over a year ago

Southport

If you want to see a million infections before the end of the year people need to get their skates on and remember, If you're not living life on the edge you're taking up too much room.

By *efinitely Maybe 94Couple  over a year ago

South Lincolnshire

How about close this whole forum section down instead?

All getting extremely devisive something what a liberated fun scene shouldn't be at all.

Time to end this section let those make their own risk assesment & decisions to live life as they choose. If feel other way perhaps hide away till it ends,unfortunently for thise in fear it looks like the corrupt gloablists controlling the govt./media dont want it to

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

No…. Because to reopen they had to do things like improve the ventilation of their premises

I do think people should have negative lft tests to attend… maybe that’s a different subject

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

Such a silly opinionated post!

By *hic EventsWoman  over a year ago

Cambridge

"How about close this whole forum section down instead?

All getting extremely devisive something what a liberated fun scene shouldn't be at all.

Time to end this section let those make their own risk assesment & decisions to live life as they choose. If feel other way perhaps hide away till it ends,unfortunently for thise in fear it looks like the corrupt gloablists controlling the govt./media dont want it to

"

I don’t know why a Swingers site needs a forum section for ‘Virus’ it’s just totally crazy

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittancewhy proof of double vaxxed? They can still be carrying it,surley a neg test is a better option if you gona be asking for proof of anything"

I'm pretty sure I can fake a negative RA test.

Maybe everyone who attends a club should also have negative tests for HIV/HepC?

I'm on the fence.

however, if clubs should close, then so too should theatres, _estivals and undergrounds.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

clubs are no where near as bad as public transport just now.

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittancewhy proof of double vaxxed? They can still be carrying it,surley a neg test is a better option if you gona be asking for proof of anything"

Massive fan of providing a Negative test for larger events or close Proximity areas. People have this weird thing about being vaxed. They still catch it, they still spread it. Being vaxed does not mean you are immune or it does not mean you cant spread it. Providing a negative test is the best avoidance of spreading we have at the moment.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

Perhaps we shut down your livelihood?

How would you feel then?

By *irtylittletramp100TV/TS  over a year ago

Notts

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittance I think that proof of recent test should do but they need to sort out that you send a photo when you register your test "

Anyone could take test and send with your photo, couldn't they? Proof of jabs and id is enough!

Notts

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittancewhy proof of double vaxxed? They can still be carrying it,surley a neg test is a better option if you gona be asking for proof of anything

Massive fan of providing a Negative test for larger events or close Proximity areas. People have this weird thing about being vaxed. They still catch it, they still spread it. Being vaxed does not mean you are immune or it does not mean you cant spread it. Providing a negative test is the best avoidance of spreading we have at the moment. "

80% in hospital are non vaxed

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

I would have tighter restrictions because people clearly aren’t using a common sense approach to this situation.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Nowhere should have to close because of this virus, people should be able to make their own choices

By *uddy laneMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Nowhere should have to close because of this virus, people should be able to make their own choices"

Venues will stay open it will be the individual who will be refused entry when they scan the national id card disguised as a vaccine passport to enter a club or venue.

"I would have tighter restrictions because people clearly aren’t using a common sense approach to this situation. "

As evidenced in these very threads.

Winston

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Since LFTs aren’t 100% accurate, what’s the point in taking them. Both the LFT and PCR tests rely upon the swabs being taken properly so there’s an element of human error as well.

Negative LFT can still result in a positive PCR.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"Since LFTs aren’t 100% accurate, what’s the point in taking them. Both the LFT and PCR tests rely upon the swabs being taken properly so there’s an element of human error as well.

Negative LFT can still result in a positive PCR. "

And positive LFT can still result in a negative PCR.

No ones forcing anyone to go.

Because I have a young baby I’m avoiding crowded places, social events etc because I don’t want to risk getting poorly and unable to look after him or worse picking up any bug and passing it on. You need to decide what to do for you not enforce your restrictions on others

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittancewhy proof of double vaxxed? They can still be carrying it,surley a neg test is a better option if you gona be asking for proof of anything

Massive fan of providing a Negative test for larger events or close Proximity areas. People have this weird thing about being vaxed. They still catch it, they still spread it. Being vaxed does not mean you are immune or it does not mean you cant spread it. Providing a negative test is the best avoidance of spreading we have at the moment. "

This, plus why close your business when you can legally trade?

Should all pubs close?

All restaurants?

All take aways?

Buses

Tubes

Trains

Where does it stop?

By *wingsnroundabouts82Couple  over a year ago

Fucksville

Open!!! We're gonna be living with covid for years to come, we all need to get vaccinated and test as part of our Normal routine now. This is the only way.

Businesses can no longer suffer, we all just need to adapt.

Just my thoughts

Central

... I mean yeah, in the fairy tale system where the law is defined by the sovereign citizen/Freeman on the land movement

All men and women are governed by consent!

Only a fairy tale system to those who wish to be treated as the corporation your dealt with as. And those who wish to deny it to further extend the over reach of the law. Many normies will argue against things that don’t fit what they desire. "

Sure, everything needa consent in a democracy.

But freeman on the land isn't a viable solution and has no standing.

Central

"

The passports can be used to access various data, including test results.

"Open!!! We're gonna be living with covid for years to come, we all need to get vaccinated and test as part of our Normal routine now. This is the only way.

Businesses can no longer suffer, we all just need to adapt.

Just my thoughts "

A balanced thought

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

All in good time- people want normality two years into a pandemic, that won’t work.

We’re making history here.

Belfast

The passports can be used to access various data, including test results. "

Why should anyone need to share any other data aside from a negative test?

East Sussex

Why should anyone need to share any other data aside from a negative test?"

Because lateral flow tests are far from 100% accurate and can be faked

Belfast

Because lateral flow tests are far from 100% accurate and can be faked"

You can still catch and transmit disease even if you're vaccinated so vax is far from 100% effective and can be faked.

So what's your point?

Why should anyone need to share any other data aside from a negative test?"

All NHS data regarding covid, including your jabs and test results, are handled by Palantir. A US corporation. Which started by being partially funded by the CIA....

Because lateral flow tests are far from 100% accurate and can be faked"

A positive result is 98% accurate.

The *negative* results stagger to achieve 60%

By *I TwoCouple  over a year ago

Always travelling

You can still catch and transmit disease even if you're vaccinated so vax is far from 100% effective and can be faked.

So what's your point? "

You can still get run over if you follow the green cross code but it's still a sensible precaution.

Notts

So what's your point?

You can still get run over if you follow the green cross code but it's still a sensible precaution."

who would listen to a man in a silly costume who went on to be darth vader!

sorry couldnt resist

East Sussex

So what's your point? "

Agreed but if everyone in the club is vaccinated. Transmission should be less.

Covid passports are less likely to be faked

East Sussex

A positive result is 98% accurate.

The *negative* results stagger to achieve 60%"

My sister has now had 3 instances of positive lateral flow tests coming back negative as pcr. Can't be that accurate

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

We don't think they should close at all. Life needs to carry on as close to normal as it can. If anyone feels vulnerable or worried about covid, then don't go, but don't let's knock businesses even further down than what they already are.

By *easing_twoCouple  over a year ago

Bristol, Thornbury

I will never lockdown at the moment not with the current government. If they don't need to lockdown neither do I.

By *he beard and the bumCouple  over a year ago

Lancashire

We were meant to go to a party in a club last night but pulled out because of this new strain. It would have been packed and there are no requirements to show proof of a negative lateral flow test.

I would rather places stay open: require proof of negative test and limit the amounts of people that can attend. Things need to start getting back to ‘normal’.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I think you are in the wrong forum section.

Also, nobody forces you to go to a club if you don't feel safe there. It's a personal choice, but I think hospitality has been severely affected by lockdowns already so it's not fair on them to have to close again, especially when there is no help from the government anymore.

K"

^^^This

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

ditto

No one's forcing you to go...

If you're scared of a bad cold stay at home, let the rest of us get on with our lives.

No, they shouldn't

"I would rather places stay open: require proof of negative test and limit the amounts of people that can attend. Things need to start getting back to ‘normal’. "

Which test?

PCR or LFT?

PCR is only available for symptomatic people, unless you pay.

An LFT even if done properly has a near-50% error rate for the negative result. 100% if you fake it.

As soonnas covid moves through a club/pub that part of the hospitality industry will have a problem.

We haven’tbeven started on civil litigation, that’s yet to come.

By *ySecretLifeSSBBWWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes Chester, sometimes Wirral

I think they will be closing soon enough.

By *randMrsJones69Couple  over a year ago

Newcastle

Stay away from them you're that concerned

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

People need to take responsibility for themselves and make sure they are testing before going to such places, and not going if they are feeling unwell.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Umm? No! X

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Pubs, Christmas Parties and schools. They should be closed if he is serious about Christmas.

Friend of mine who works at a school are expecting 70% of kids pulling 'sickies' early next week to get kids out early to protect families..

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

"

It is a bit logistically difficult for a club to have enough space to lay out about one hundred tests"

In which case - its tough, they should close..

By *rimrose and TonyCouple  over a year ago

Farnworth

"People could still cheat the test. They could bring one with them which was already showing negative

Simple you do the test and leave it with the staff on a card with your name on it"

There's a good idea especially if it comes back positive and now are others

By *uffnmuffCouple  over a year ago

London

K"

Well said.

By *orty-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Leyland

"If you're worried, don't go.

"

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

Double Vax can carry the virus and pass it on

For true safety negative tests should be standard

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

"If you're worried, don't go.

"

Aye. But people don't want to live in misery alone. So they'll call for lockdowns because (say it with me)

We're all in this together

K"

Completely agree. Everyone should be free to make there own choices and risks.

"

It is a bit logistically difficult for a club to have enough space to lay out about one hundred tests

In which case - its tough, they should close.."

Youre not a fan of clubs then....

Winston

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

Just don't go end of the day no one is forcing any one to go

East Sussex

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittance

Double Vax can carry the virus and pass it on

For true safety negative tests should be standard"

But they can be faked and are not entirely accurate

By *akie32Man  over a year ago

winchester

don't be pedantic the discussion is about clubs so that was why I used that example, but to answer you Bob is still a knob if he goes to the shops ir a football match or the cinema or concerts knowing he may have covid. Nothing to do with penetrative sex either as he could have gone to the club just to get a blowie which would leave his knob wet aswell ."

unfortunatly the world is full of Bob type people who only care about themselves, until this changes things like stds covid etc will always be a problem

By *nnie2009Couple  over a year ago

Blackpool

same here,

I agree I am done with this lockdown shite same here, "

We're not in lockdown.

Winston

By *ikeC81Man  over a year ago

harrow

Ok my understanding of the rules is that frown Wednesday if it gets voted on that any club open after 1am will need a covid pass check.

I wonder if clubs have thought about this or will this affect people going to Xmas parties this weekend coming

By *avana8817Man  over a year ago

Consett

Massive fan of providing a Negative test for larger events or close Proximity areas. People have this weird thing about being vaxed. They still catch it, they still spread it. Being vaxed does not mean you are immune or it does not mean you cant spread it. Providing a negative test is the best avoidance of spreading we have at the moment.

80% in hospital are non vaxed"

Ok….Wheres that statistic from?

Also…what revenants does that have when we are talking about spreading the virus?

Are you trying to say.. Vaxs cant spread or catch it, with a comment of “80% in hospital are non vaxed” because that makes no sense?

No, the shouldn't close!! Hospitality and the NHS have suffered enough, long before covid came along. A lot of double/triple vaxxed are the dangerous ones! I know of a few people who are vaxxed and have said "I don't need to wear a mask, I'm safe" NO YOU'RE NOT!! Lockdown all unvaccinated and watch new cases still appear. You can still catch, transmit, get seriously ill and die even though you're double vaxxed! The sooner people realise this the sooner we can move on. 30 odd thousand people attending a football match, all double vaxxed, no social distancing, all shouting and cheering on their team, 1% has covid, boom, another outbreak....

By *exy4youxxWoman  over a year ago

Pontefract

Why?? No one has yet been admitted to hospital or died of this new strain have they ? I think it's just another rouse to scare people into getting the booster jab

Massive fan of providing a Negative test for larger events or close

Proximity areas. People have this weird thing about being vaxed. They still catch it, they still spread it. Being vaxed does not mean you are immune or it does not mean you cant spread it. Providing a negative test is the best avoidance of spreading we have at the moment.

Ok….Wheres that statistic from?

Also…what revenants does that have when we are talking about spreading the virus?

Are you trying to say.. Vaxs cant spread or catch it, with a comment of “80% in hospital are non vaxed” because that makes no sense? "

You say 80% in hospital are unvaccinated ??? Okay so that means that 20 of vaccinated people who are being complacent "with an I'm alright jack attitude" are there too in South Africa hospital admission's have been for other illnesses but COVID has also been detected after admitting none have been COVID alone that comes from there health minister all deaths in the UK that have been down to COVID have not shown what else they has been on the certificate "WHY?" If this was broken down it would show who is actually vulnerable instead of saying everybody is vulnerable

By *r TriomanMan  over a year ago

Malmesbury/Larkhill

Double vaccination and booster. Keep them open but if you go to any venue and don't feel safe, leave.

North West

Why?? No one has yet been admitted to hospital or died of this new strain have they ? I think it's just another rouse to scare people into getting the booster jab "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/uk-has-omicron-covid-patients-in-hospital-government-confirms

Why?? No one has yet been admitted to hospital or died of this new strain have they ? I think it's just another rouse to scare people into getting the booster jab

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/12/uk-has-omicron-covid-patients-in-hospital-government-confirms"

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

80% in hospital are non vaxed"

Oh come on.

Where do you get that figure from?

According to the latest weekly covid surveillance report for the last 4 weeks there have been (rounding to the nearest 100}..

Approx 8000 admissions with covid and of those

Approx 4800 were vaccinated and

Approx 3200 were unvaccinated.

So it would be good if you shared your source please.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

I think you do not need to go also could stop telling others what to do.

I do believe we're discussing public policy, not telling people what to do."

The statement is we think clubs, should close that is opinion it is not government guidance.

Many people are ready for Life to get back to normal we all missed over a year of our lives we know the reality and accept the risk we are putting ourselves in so letters make our own choices.

This is not just clubs it is an attack on our Liberty from those who do not accept their own rules.

By *ondoner27Man  over a year ago

london

The clubs shouldn’t close and neither should anything else. If you perceive there to be risk in certain events or places you should avoid them

By *rGandBunnyCouple  over a year ago

Rugby

Gloryholes only lol. ??

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Since Nicola Sturgeon has decided we can still have Christmas then I’ll be going to my local club this weekend. We never know when things might change.

As adults we can all take responsibility for ourselves.

I've lost everything during covid job ... respect... money...self esteem...most important my wife...we was doubled jabbed I'm on my third jab.....I'm at the point I Wana kill myself.....it's all shite....

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

I fear lockdown is imenant. I want clubs and pubs to stay open, but the goverment should have had a mini lockdown Autumn half term for 2 weeks. Repeat of 2020.

ho hum.

I'm holding out till Spring 2023 and hopefully things get back to normal.

By *enuineguy76Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

keep them open - proof of triple jabs, negative covid tests; and wear masks makes it complete safe -pretty much back to normal as we were promised. Just 2 weeks to flatten the curve….

By *uby StarCouple  over a year ago

Durham

"I've lost everything during covid job ... respect... money...self esteem...most important my wife...we was doubled jabbed I'm on my third jab.....I'm at the point I Wana kill myself.....it's all shite...."

So very sorry for all you've been through. Please seek professional help, talk to your GP, there are people and groups to turn to when you're feeling that way, don't struggle alone. Take care.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"I've lost everything during covid job ... respect... money...self esteem...most important my wife...we was doubled jabbed I'm on my third jab.....I'm at the point I Wana kill myself.....it's all shite...."

Bless you..so sorry..please seek help.

By *en_Dover79Man  over a year ago

Oswaldtwistle

Bollocks

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

We think they should stay open

Newcastle and Gateshead

Oh come on.

According to the latest weekly covid surveillance report for the last 4 weeks there have been (rounding to the nearest 100}..

"

But since we know that the vaccinated/unvaccinated number is somewhere around 85/15… that would mean using your numbers that someone unvaccinated is roughly 3-4 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who is vaccinated

By *razytimesinloveCouple  over a year ago

SW Scotland

Oh come on.

But since we know that the vaccinated/unvaccinated number is somewhere around 85/15… that would mean using your numbers that someone unvaccinated is roughly 3-4 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who is vaccinated "

Pure speculation. We’ve all been told 1 in 3 has it without knowing and that’s from the start of the outbreak when no one was vaccinated

Oh come on.

But since we know that the vaccinated/unvaccinated number is somewhere around 85/15… that would mean using your numbers that someone unvaccinated is roughly 3-4 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who is vaccinated

Pure speculation. We’ve all been told 1 in 3 has it without knowing and that’s from the start of the outbreak when no one was vaccinated "

A hidden disease. Most people live not knowing and live healthy lifestyles.

The most unknown “illness” is high BP. we survive.

Let people live.

Tin town

Oh come on.

But since we know that the vaccinated/unvaccinated number is somewhere around 85/15… that would mean using your numbers that someone unvaccinated is roughly 3-4 times more likely to end up in hospital than someone who is vaccinated "

Sure. That's not what was stated and to which I was responding though. Hence me calling it out as the bullshit it was.

The quote was 80 per cent in hospital are unvaccinated. Which is im sure even you will admit inaccurate / a lie.

It has been evidenced in the past that youre more likely to need hospital care if you are unvaccinated and have caught covid in rates per 100k. They've now stopped reporting rates per 100k in the weekly surveillance report which is where I go for facts. But week 41 showed depending on age group anywhere between 2 and 8 times more likely.

Newcastle and Gateshead

Oh come on.

Sure. That's not what was stated and to which I was responding though. Hence me calling it out as the bullshit it was.

The quote was 80 per cent in hospital are unvaccinated. Which is im sure even you will admit inaccurate / a lie.

It has been evidenced in the past that youre more likely to need hospital care if you are unvaccinated and have caught covid in rates per 100k. They've now stopped reporting rates per 100k in the weekly surveillance report which is where I go for facts. But week 41 showed depending on age group anywhere between 2 and 8 times more likely. "

Actually they still do the per 100k figures, but they do them for local areas rather than national… for national they now give you a “ 1 in “ figure to make it easier for people to understand ( last week the figure for people who had covid in England was 1 in 60, wales was 1 in 50, Scotland and Northern Ireland were 1 in 45)

But yes… if you are smart you can work it out on just the hospitalisation figures (if 10-15% of people account for 40-45% of hospitalisations…. Your figures… 3-4 times more likely to end up in hospital)

I am guessing the 80% claim may be for those who are in iCU rather than just hospital… which would make sense with the delta figures….

North West

Oh come on.

Pure speculation. We’ve all been told 1 in 3 has it without knowing and that’s from the start of the outbreak when no one was vaccinated

Let people live. "

Many people found out about their undiagnosed high BP, diabetes or other cardiovascular problem in the past 18 months or so. They found out about it by catching COVID and becoming seriously ill "unexpectedly".

By *eyeYCouple  over a year ago

Nr Leicester

"Can you only catch covid in swingers clubs ? Let’s just close the world and all stay indoors watching the news . Get on with your life live and let live . Sick of hearing people calling others selfish for trying to have some form of normality. Anyone who is afraid of covid can protect themselves by staying away from people staying at home and not mixing with society. We don’t all want to sit indoors wearing a tinfoil hat "

That!!!

By *redy81Man  over a year ago

London

That!!!"

They are absolutely right! You can catch covid anywhere and looking at how contagious is this new variant, everyone will be exposed to it soon, wherever they try to hide.

You like it, or not, there is no way to stop this virus from catching people, the only way is to strengthen our immune systems. With boosters, jabs, healthy food, exercise, etc. At this time it's pointless to shut businesses and destroy the economy because the virus will spread anyway.

I'm sitting in my room, self-isolating with absolutely zero symptoms, and the only reason why I know that I have covid is that I planned a club night for the weekend and took a test - tried to do my bit not to be the one who infects others. I was shocked when it showed positive, I repeated it, positive again.

Actually, if swinger clubs were closed I would have never known that I have Covid, and would still spread the virus in my work where I meet dozens of people each day...

If I go to a swinger party, I will have a closer connection with only those 1-2 girls (let's call it a lucky night and say 3, haha) I will play with. The rest of the interactions are nothing closer that I have in work with hundreds of people weekly...

Right now it's pointless to shut clubs. Boost your immune system, that's the only thing that one can do.

No I don't feel clubs should close because everybody has a choice to go or not. Anybody going to a club right now or in fact any gathering where there will be close contact knows the risk.

Oh come on.

Let people live.

Many people found out about their undiagnosed high BP, diabetes or other cardiovascular problem in the past 18 months or so. They found out about it by catching COVID and becoming seriously ill "unexpectedly". "

This happened to a friend of ours actually. She had an under lying condition that she knew nothing about until she ended up seriously ill in hospital with covid.

I think as long as they have a strict policy of making sure everyone shows proof of double vaccination and contact details are given, then they should stay open.

"I think as long as they have a strict policy of making sure everyone shows proof of double vaccination and contact details are given, then they should stay open."

Being double vaxxed does not stop you spreading it though!! The sooner people realise this the sooner everyone can get back to normal!!

"Keep open.. proof of double vacc for admittance

+1 "

Apparently double vac does not give you enough protection from Omicron

By *exysuzi and Mr.SCouple  over a year ago

CONISTON .Stoke Suburbia. Staffs. BARMOUTH. The Lakes (Monthly)

You think clubs should close OP??? When was your latest meet...oh yeah 2 days ago.

"You think clubs should close OP??? When was your latest meet...oh yeah 2 days ago. "

"Clubs should close" thread started 11th December 2021.

Visits club 13 December 2021.

I'm not sure if that's irony or hypocrisy.

Winston

"You think clubs should close OP??? When was your latest meet...oh yeah 2 days ago.

Winston

"

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

So this virus will be with us for years. So should they closed next year and the year after and the year after that!!!

Shutting things down at this stage is ruining businesses and the economy, I bet you would not be saying this if your livelihood depended on them.

Tin town

"You think clubs should close OP??? When was your latest meet...oh yeah 2 days ago.

Winston

"

That's beautiful. An erect cock has no conscience.

By *r-OreoMan  over a year ago

Telford Wellington

This government is taking the mick

How can you close clubs and take us back into lockdown after promising us that taking the vaccine is our way back to a near normal life.

I got vaccinated because I was promised I'd be able to go to clubs etc and now they wanna close it down just coz they can that's bs if you ask me..

Personally I'd protest if there's another lockdown Idc coz thT means If they could do that this year they'd do it next year again.

It'll be a yearly lockdown just coz of the amount of power it gives them..

By *mma_EvansTV/TS  over a year ago

Colchester

"This government is taking the mick

How can you close clubs and take us back into lockdown after promising us that taking the vaccine is our way back to a near normal life.

I got vaccinated because I was promised I'd be able to go to clubs etc and now they wanna close it down just coz they can that's bs if you ask me..

Personally I'd protest if there's another lockdown Idc coz thT means If they could do that this year they'd do it next year again.

It'll be a yearly lockdown just coz of the amount of power it gives them.."

So the Government are not doing it for Public Health reasons then, they are doing it because it gives the Government power? xx

Winston

That's beautiful. An erect cock has no conscience. "

By *attoedMan  over a year ago

Aldershot

Clubs don’t need to close they should just test on entry it’s not hard omicron is just another variant it’s what flu does and gives you no more than a harsh cold /Flu

By *attoedMan  over a year ago

Aldershot

Remember that doesn’t work either as your not apparently safe even if vaxxed

So if you go in a club with only double vaxxed and one person is positive your all get it

Test fir everyone on arrival vaxed or unvaxed is the safest and most sensible way forward then no one gets treated like a leaper

Obviously it’s discrimination otherwise

Notts

"Remember that doesn’t work either as your not apparently safe even if vaxxed

So if you go in a club with only double vaxxed and one person is positive your all get it

Test fir everyone on arrival vaxed or unvaxed is the safest and most sensible way forward then no one gets treated like a leaper

Obviously it’s discrimination otherwise "

80% of those filling the hospitals are not vaxed, that's the issue.

London

"80% of those filling the hospitals are not vaxed, that's the issue."

Exactly. I'm double vacced and having covid right now. I would not even knew about it if I wasn't planning a club visit on Friday so tested myself for the sake of others. I was shocked when it showed positive. I double tested, positive again. Feeling fit, no symptoms at all, would love to go out tonight if I would not infectious. (obviously I won't)

This is what vaccines offer. You can catch it, but in 90% of cases, it's like the flu (or even milder). Yes, there is another 10% but nothing is sure in life. Traffic pollution and accidents also cause deaths yet we don't ban driving.

If all have had the vaccine, now we could go along with our life. We would catch the virus, but we always had the flu and did not locked down our life. The health system would not get overwhelmed.

You can call it a human right to be stupid. So, I'm not angry for the unvacced and don't hate them. But I want to live a normal life, which should be my human right. They had the chance and still have to protect themselves, if they don't want to do that, good luck. But from now I don't care about them. Happens what happens.

I will sit in my room until my self-isolation is over and I test negative. Later I will pick up the booster, and if doctors say that I need to vaccinate myself yearly, I will follow their advice. What I will not follow is to accept that from now we will need to hide under the rocks again and again to protect those who are unvacced. I will simply don't care. Good luck

East Sussex

"80% of those filling the hospitals are not vaxed, that's the issue.

Exactly. I'm double vacced and having covid right now. I would not even knew about it if I wasn't planning a club visit on Friday so tested myself for the sake of others. I was shocked when it showed positive. I double tested, positive again. Feeling fit, no symptoms at all, would love to go out tonight if I would not infectious. (obviously I won't)

This is what vaccines offer. You can catch it, but in 90% of cases, it's like the flu (or even milder). Yes, there is another 10% but nothing is sure in life. Traffic pollution and accidents also cause deaths yet we don't ban driving.

If all have had the vaccine, now we could go along with our life. We would catch the virus, but we always had the flu and did not locked down our life. The health system would not get overwhelmed.

You can call it a human right to be stupid. So, I'm not angry for the unvacced and don't hate them. But I want to live a normal life, which should be my human right. They had the chance and still have to protect themselves, if they don't want to do that, good luck. But from now I don't care about them. Happens what happens.

I will sit in my room until my self-isolation is over and I test negative. Later I will pick up the booster, and if doctors say that I need to vaccinate myself yearly, I will follow their advice. What I will not follow is to accept that from now we will need to hide under the rocks again and again to protect those who are unvacced. I will simply don't care. Good luck"

Have you had pcr? Lfts aren't very accurate

By *astleman46Man  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

Why ffs ? If lockdowns work why do we keep having them. Wake up.

London

"Have you had pcr? Lfts aren't very accurate "

No, I haven't. I did two LFT tests on Thursday evening and another one today. All positive. I tested myself regularly earlier too, it was always negative. So actually, I believe it.

If anything get's worse with symptoms or I will not be able to make a negative test by the end of next week, I will ask for PCR.

Colchester

"Have you had pcr? Lfts aren't very accurate

No, I haven't. I did two LFT tests on Thursday evening and another one today. All positive. I tested myself regularly earlier too, it was always negative. So actually, I believe it.

If anything get's worse with symptoms or I will not be able to make a negative test by the end of next week, I will ask for PCR."

I would request a PCR test, you can do it online (https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test) you can get it delivered to your home xx

By *rafficvanMan  over a year ago

Middletown

Keep open

"Why ffs ? If lockdowns work why do we keep having them. Wake up."

Which of the previous lockdowns didn't work?

Which lockdown are we currently in?

Winston

London

If anything get's worse with symptoms or I will not be able to make a negative test by the end of next week, I will ask for PCR.

I would request a PCR test, you can do it online (https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test) you can get it delivered to your home xx"

Okay, as we are anonym here I will tell you why I don't do that. Actually, it says a lot about this entire situation what sort of social problems it causes.

I've been asked not to do that by my flatmates. If I do, everyone in the house got locked down, and they are self-employed with no sick pay... They simply can't afford to stay at home without getting paid. It might be wrong, but trust me, there are hundreds of thousands in this situation.

I am lucky, as I'm self-employed too, but got multiple income sources, and I can work and make money online from my room. Others are not...

But again. If I wasn't planning to attend a swinger party, I would not even beware of this...

Colchester

I would request a PCR test, you can do it online (https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test) you can get it delivered to your home xx

Okay, as we are anonym here I will tell you why I don't do that. Actually, it says a lot about this entire situation what sort of social problems it causes.

I've been asked not to do that by my flatmates. If I do, everyone in the house got locked down, and they are self-employed with no sick pay... They simply can't afford to stay at home without getting paid. It might be wrong, but trust me, there are hundreds of thousands in this situation.

I am lucky, as I'm self-employed too, but got multiple income sources, and I can work and make money online from my room. Others are not...

But again. If I wasn't planning to attend a swinger party, I would not even beware of this..."

Catch 22 situation babes. Although as long as your housemates are fully vaccinated (more that 14days after second vaccination) then they are not legally required to self isolate, the household is just advised to lateral flow for 7 days (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection) xx

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife and Newcastle

If you are not happy with clubs at the moment then just don't go.

London

"Catch 22 situation babes. Although as long as your housemates are fully vaccinated (more that 14days after second vaccination) then they are not legally required to self isolate, the household is just advised to lateral flow for 7 days (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection) xx"

Yes, they are double vaccinated, they also followed everything being told so far, just like me. One of them already lost his job earlier coz of this shit, and got fed up with it completely.

I'm the only outgoing person in the house,and I tested myself regularly when I went to party. It never showed positive. Now I got 3 positive results out of 3 tests, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate. I have no symptoms at all, and do not worry at all about my conditions. I stay at home, work online, the only thing I miss is going out, but I will wait with that now. I think right now I know exactly what is my situation, so there is no need for PCR test for me now. But thanks for the advice.

Colchester

"Catch 22 situation babes. Although as long as your housemates are fully vaccinated (more that 14days after second vaccination) then they are not legally required to self isolate, the household is just advised to lateral flow for 7 days (https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-stay-at-home-guidance/stay-at-home-guidance-for-households-with-possible-coronavirus-covid-19-infection) xx

Yes, they are double vaccinated, they also followed everything being told so far, just like me. One of them already lost his job earlier coz of this shit, and got fed up with it completely.

I'm the only outgoing person in the house,and I tested myself regularly when I went to party. It never showed positive. Now I got 3 positive results out of 3 tests, so I'm pretty sure it's accurate. I have no symptoms at all, and do not worry at all about my conditions. I stay at home, work online, the only thing I miss is going out, but I will wait with that now. I think right now I know exactly what is my situation, so there is no need for PCR test for me now. But thanks for the advice. "

Take care and look after yourself babes xx

By *aron_TentakuruMan  over a year ago

Exeter

"(...) there is no real measures in place for protecting you from covid in day to day life and there is probably 99.9% chance of you catching it from going about your daily business as there is from a swingers club . So no shutting clubs is complete Bollocks for those who have concerns don’t go , but let people have choices "

Exactly. When I got COVID in summer it was because my manager brought his school-aged children who were complaining that everything tasted funny into my workplace which was otherwise closed off to the public. I had no choice in the matter and although many public spaces were still closed off or only offering socially distanced table service at the time I still ended up catching it because the boss made a bad choice. Either everything has to be shut down again or we have to accept that things have to continue because it's impossible to know where every individual risk of infection lies, and that as individuals we need to seek to protect ourselves rather than rely on top down legislation that is like a sledgehammer being used to crack a nut.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Definitely stay open. Covid is far less of an issue than folk have been led to believe and there's a hell of a lot of corruption in the misleading stats. If you don't like it, don't go !. Keep businesses alive, folk in jobs.

"(...) there is no real measures in place for protecting you from covid in day to day life and there is probably 99.9% chance of you catching it from going about your daily business as there is from a swingers club . So no shutting clubs is complete Bollocks for those who have concerns don’t go , but let people have choices

Exactly. When I got COVID in summer it was because my manager brought his school-aged children who were complaining that everything tasted funny into my workplace which was otherwise closed off to the public. I had no choice in the matter and although many public spaces were still closed off or only offering socially distanced table service at the time I still ended up catching it because the boss made a bad choice. Either everything has to be shut down again or we have to accept that things have to continue because it's impossible to know where every individual risk of infection lies, and that as individuals we need to seek to protect ourselves rather than rely on top down legislation that is like a sledgehammer being used to crack a nut. "

That's terrible. What a dick.