FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > A Simple Question

A Simple Question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ee And Mike OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cannock

I don’t want to get bogged down on conspiracy theories or the ‘lock everyone down for 5 years until this thing has been eradicated mob’ as it’s totally boring reading the arguments on here at times.

However, if this Indian variant is a variant of concern that threatens our return to freedom why are we allowing flights from India here everyday with the 10 day quarantine as the only protection !

Australia had a flight from India land in Darwen today and kicked half the passengers off the plane in India before it took off as they failed Covid19 tests.

I’m sure someone will say we can’t stop people flying here from India as it’s civil-liberties, what about the civil-liberties of us here in the UK that have had to live a half-life for over 15 months !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Huh! Anyone coming from India is a British citizen returning home.

They have to pay to stay in a Quarantine hotel for 10 days.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"I don’t want to get bogged down on conspiracy theories or the ‘lock everyone down for 5 years until this thing has been eradicated mob’ as it’s totally boring reading the arguments on here at times.

However, if this Indian variant is a variant of concern that threatens our return to freedom why are we allowing flights from India here everyday with the 10 day quarantine as the only protection !

Australia had a flight from India land in Darwen today and kicked half the passengers off the plane in India before it took off as they failed Covid19 tests.

I’m sure someone will say we can’t stop people flying here from India as it’s civil-liberties, what about the civil-liberties of us here in the UK that have had to live a half-life for over 15 months !

"

I don't get it either. I mean. Some things are difficult.... Some are easy. Stopping all flights for 2 weeks whilst we get our hands around this is simple surely?

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Huh! Anyone coming from India is a British citizen returning home.

"

Not if you go via Turkey which was being reported over two weeks ago..

Not if you go via Turkey which was being reported over two weeks ago.."

Huh Yes you do, Turkey is on the red list too.

Huh Yes you do, Turkey is on the red list too. "

Also its if you have been in a red list country within the last 10 days regardless of where you travel to in-between.

Cannock

Or via Dubai which is a loophole too !

Are all the people flying in from India, British Citizens - hasn’t their been lots of queues in the airports at Non-UK nationals immigration desks from flights from India ?

Are all the people flying in from India, British Citizens - hasn’t their been lots of queues in the airports at Non-UK nationals immigration desks from flights from India ?"

No I think you need to check the rules. See my above post!

By *exy_HornyCouple  over a year ago

Leigh

However India and Turkey both went onto the red list way too late. Turkey may have even been in response to media reports of people staying there for a couple of hundred pounds not £1750 on the way back from India.

Family is important to all of us but those who travelled for family reasons in the pandemic are extremely selfish. We weren't allowed to see our family in England so why was it OK to go to India?

in Lancashire

Huh Yes you do, Turkey is on the red list too. "

7th May they were added, reports before then of people coming from India via there..

in Lancashire

Also its if you have been in a red list country within the last 10 days regardless of where you travel to in-between."

Agreed but it's not being policed properly, as it hasn't been through out..

"However India and Turkey both went onto the red list way too late. Turkey may have even been in response to media reports of people staying there for a couple of hundred pounds not £1750 on the way back from India.

Family is important to all of us but those who travelled for family reasons in the pandemic are extremely selfish. We weren't allowed to see our family in England so why was it OK to go to India?"

You were able to see your family in England if they were seriously ill or needed care or to attend a funeral which is the same reasons people have been allowed to fly to other countries.

Also its if you have been in a red list country within the last 10 days regardless of where you travel to in-between.

Agreed but it's not being policed properly, as it hasn't been through out.."

Like almost all of the restrictions.

in Lancashire

Agreed but it's not being policed properly, as it hasn't been through out..

Like almost all of the restrictions. "

Yes..

Tin town

Also its if you have been in a red list country within the last 10 days regardless of where you travel to in-between."

I think just because the rules are there.... Doesn't mean they are being followed or enforced. Clearly they aren't. India also only went to red list 6 weeks after the outbreak started. And even then the announcement gave over a weeks notice. So... Put it another way. If we wanted to make it as easy as possible to get as many people back from a country with an outbreak back into the general population of our country with no controls at all... I think we managed to achieve it. Bravo.

Tin town

Are all the people flying in from India, British Citizens - hasn’t their been lots of queues in the airports at Non-UK nationals immigration desks from flights from India ?"

Well I suppose... Having people travelling all having to have a passport. Which is scanned into a computer when they board a plane... Which is scanned when they disembark....anywhere...well that must be really tricky to do a search of where that passport has been in the last 10 days... Blimey... It would take a genius to work out a Computer system to do that.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It's a difficult balance between the rights of citizens and protecting the country. There aren't any good answers here.

If there is a quarantine in place then for sure we will know they don’t carry the virus?

Tin town

"It's a difficult balance between the rights of citizens and protecting the country. There aren't any good answers here."

Actually there ate in this case. It should have been stopped. As was mentioned further up. We absolutely were not permitted to see family who were ill and dying. I know. Funerals were stopped and or limited in number of attendees and the distance one was allowed to travel was not defined and a gray area open to interpretation of the local police. All non essential travel was forbidden.

"It's a difficult balance between the rights of citizens and protecting the country. There aren't any good answers here.

Actually there ate in this case. It should have been stopped. As was mentioned further up. We absolutely were not permitted to see family who were ill and dying. I know. Funerals were stopped and or limited in number of attendees and the distance one was allowed to travel was not defined and a gray area open to interpretation of the local police. All non essential travel was forbidden. "

Yes we were! There was no distance you couldn't travel within the UK to attend to a funeral and at no point were they stopped but yes limited numbers and since June last year you have been able to visit a terminally ill family member or to provide care.

Manchester (she/her)

"It's a difficult balance between the rights of citizens and protecting the country. There aren't any good answers here.

Actually there ate in this case. It should have been stopped. As was mentioned further up. We absolutely were not permitted to see family who were ill and dying. I know. Funerals were stopped and or limited in number of attendees and the distance one was allowed to travel was not defined and a gray area open to interpretation of the local police. All non essential travel was forbidden. "

I suppose I'm looking a bit further down the road - to where tens of thousands of Australians are trying to get home and can't, to where Australia tries to forbid even citizens from returning if they've been to India. That's not a place we want to be, either.

Tin town

Actually there ate in this case. It should have been stopped. As was mentioned further up. We absolutely were not permitted to see family who were ill and dying. I know. Funerals were stopped and or limited in number of attendees and the distance one was allowed to travel was not defined and a gray area open to interpretation of the local police. All non essential travel was forbidden.

Yes we were! There was no distance you couldn't travel within the UK to attend to a funeral and at no point were they stopped but yes limited numbers and since June last year you have been able to visit a terminally ill family member or to provide care. "

Nope absolutely not. I was forbidden from seeing my terminally ill mother in Dec and jan this year.

Anyway we are getting off topic. The point is we could very easily have prevented this from happening. We have all endured much this last 18 months. Why the fxcc this was allowed to happen beggars belief.

By *irtyold manMan  over a year ago

barnsley

The gove is allowing this to happen because when the country is worried about covid the people wont be watching what dodgy deels the gov get up to.its called divide and conker.example one restrictions in right to demonstrate .example two bank hols now to be taken from youre holiday entitlement as normal holidays. Example three boris using charity funds to do up his flat. Example foure gove giving cash to companys run by boris friends .example five tony and greensil and richy soonak wanted to give him oure cash.and its not come out yet but i expect it will that boris is probably the major shareholder in the jabs or one of his family.for anyone whos ever seen a magishion its the same thing look at the woman not the magishion.its called deflection.and thats the reason we are in this shit so we wont ask questions of the goverment

"However India and Turkey both went onto the red list way too late. Turkey may have even been in response to media reports of people staying there for a couple of hundred pounds not £1750 on the way back from India.

Family is important to all of us but those who travelled for family reasons in the pandemic are extremely selfish. We weren't allowed to see our family in England so why was it OK to go to India?

You were able to see your family in England if they were seriously ill or needed care or to attend a funeral which is the same reasons people have been allowed to fly to other countries. "

were the reports of 1000 folk a day genuine? if they were i doubt 1000 folk a day were visiting sick relatives

Yes we were! There was no distance you couldn't travel within the UK to attend to a funeral and at no point were they stopped but yes limited numbers and since June last year you have been able to visit a terminally ill family member or to provide care.

Nope absolutely not. I was forbidden from seeing my terminally ill mother in Dec and jan this year.

Anyway we are getting off topic. The point is we could very easily have prevented this from happening. We have all endured much this last 18 months. Why the fxcc this was allowed to happen beggars belief."

that sounds like it was more about the policy of where ever she was receiving care , i was allowed onto a hospital ward to spend time with my grandad hours before he died a few days before new year which was the same lockdown

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"I don’t want to get bogged down on conspiracy theories or the ‘lock everyone down for 5 years until this thing has been eradicated mob’ as it’s totally boring reading the arguments on here at times.

"

Because we have an inept government leader who is 'guided' by advisors who favour the economy more than they do the protection of the people..

Bojo is playing the numbers game and still trying to get his herd immunity theory to run up the flagpole.. Ibstead if just shutting borders.. Stopping flights ferries etc entering the UK.. He is just plating the odds that not too many people get ill this time round.. Fact is not everyone will be vaccinated in time so his plan is potentially doomed.. But he won't give a damn as long as the economy keeps going.. So anyone who voted Tory to achieve Brexit.. That's what your leaders do /don't do for you!

It’s never ending. We cannot live the rest of our lives going through endless lock down and unlock down . I swear I smell conspiracy at every turn. And I’m a level headed guy

By *ob198XaMan  over a year ago

teleford

Are all the people flying in from India, British Citizens - hasn’t their been lots of queues in the airports at Non-UK nationals immigration desks from flights from India ?

Well I suppose... Having people travelling all having to have a passport. Which is scanned into a computer when they board a plane... Which is scanned when they disembark....anywhere...well that must be really tricky to do a search of where that passport has been in the last 10 days... Blimey... It would take a genius to work out a Computer system to do that. "

Don’t forget those with dual nationality may have 2 passports... and governments sharing passport and flight data Good luck with that

Cannock

No I think you need to check the rules. See my above post!"

Well the rules are bollox then !

We have a pandemic that has killed 150,000 people or so in this country, have locked us down for over 15 months and yet we are letting people fly backwards and forwards to the Indian sub-continent where they are burning 1,000’s of bodies a day and bodies are in the streets and in rivers according to the media this week !

Cannock

[Removed by poster at 15/05/21 22:10:53]

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

We were again too slow to restrict the borders as tightly as they should have been again, as we failed last year too. But if we vote for these leaders, then we face the consequences of our actions.

I think all incoming travellers must have a negative test result before being able to board.

We also have a duty of care to help others to return home. Unlike Australia, we have not placed such heavy restrictions on our people from returning. Many may have been abroad for months. I don't disagree with residents returning from anywhere, subject to full disclosure and official quarantine.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Indians are clever people and will find ways round it we really need much tighter control systems on the movement of people in and out of this country.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm at a point where I've given up on the government.

The only reason I go more than walking distance from home right now is for the clinical trial I'm on.

» Add a new message to this topic