FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Sturgeon speech

Sturgeon speech

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *erry 1 OP   TV/TS  over a year ago

manchester

Ms sturgeon confirms no social distance measures from Monday indoors and all hotels open and pubs in Scotland except moray area.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I just cried happy tears watching that, absolutely amazing

And watch the virus explode

manchester

"And watch the virus explode "
. Such a positive quote.

For god sake, if we can't take these steps now with a good vaccine program in place then does the vaccine even work?

Always 1 that brings a good thing down. Tell you what, you stay home alone forever and leave the rest of us to move forward

manchester

"And watch the virus explode

For god sake, if we can't take these steps now with a good vaccine program in place then does the vaccine even work?

Always 1 that brings a good thing down. Tell you what, you stay home alone forever and leave the rest of us to move forward "

Well said bravo!x

By *lym4realCouple  over a year ago

plymouth

Just wish we had any kind of leader instead of the serial shagger/liar we have ..but good news for Scotland

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

I think the word explode is perhaps ott, of course there will be further clusters but we have the foundations going down now to give us a structure to hopefully react to and manage further outbreaks of other variations of the virus ..

Tbh we are both cautious about moving forward but it's a positive step and certainly a better position than four months ago ..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

" Just wish we had any kind of leader instead of the serial shagger/liar we have ..but good news for Scotland "

Sturgeon has timed this with the prospect of indyref 2 in mind, that's not me defending the blonde buffoon either..

It is good news ..

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I think this is good timing for Scotland. I hope things progress well for you.

By *hatawasteMan  over a year ago

stafford

"And watch the virus explode . Such a positive quote."

Its bound to.. And expected to. However, the big thing now is getting the remainder of the population vaccinated.. 30s,20s etc.. Once that's done we should all have some sort of resilience to this thing if we get it.. And in theory less people can catch it.

The potential for worry is if the younger people now decide in large numbers that they are healthy/fit enough already and don't need the vaccination. As that could be a make or break of the whole unlocking programme.

Manchester (she/her)

"And watch the virus explode . Such a positive quote.

Its bound to.. And expected to. However, the big thing now is getting the remainder of the population vaccinated.. 30s,20s etc.. Once that's done we should all have some sort of resilience to this thing if we get it.. And in theory less people can catch it.

The potential for worry is if the younger people now decide in large numbers that they are healthy/fit enough already and don't need the vaccination. As that could be a make or break of the whole unlocking programme.

"

For sure.

I'm certainly not unlocking myself until I'm fully vaccinated. Personal responsibility, innit

[Removed by poster at 11/05/21 13:20:48]

"

Take it no1 invited you for a knees up in the pub on Monday.

Do you're bit, stay home, protect the nhs & stay off fab.

I'm doing cartwheels around my Scottish wee garden, HAPPY DAYS

[Removed by poster at 11/05/21 13:23:38]

"There's a new black fungus that eats peoples' faces away in coronavirus patients in India. Wait till it arrives here. "

Aye, quick tell the whole of the uk before they open up on Monday.

I knew someone who got run over by a bus crossing the road. I'm fully vaccinated, I've done everything that's been asked of me these last 14 months, I want my freedom back, I will happily follow the latest government's guidelines

Manchester (she/her)

I'm doing cartwheels around my Scottish wee garden, HAPPY DAYS "

I'm glad you're glad, but people are allowed to express their views as well.

It is a risk.

It is a risk. "

Of course, if you wanna do it do it. If you don't then dont.

By *andyladMan  over a year ago

Hereorthere

Very much time for optimism anywhere in the UK.

Comes with risks but then again what doesn't.

Here's to being able to return to some kind of normal

More balls than boris

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Hmmm a health care professional, doubting the decision of health care professionals.

Manchester (she/her)

It is a risk.

"

Pubs have been open (outdoors) here for a month. I haven't and I have no plans to.

Other people's reservations matter as much as your excitement, though, and last I checked Fab doesn't have rules against worrying if the pandemic will resurge.

I personally find "it's all wonderful and if you don't like it go away" far more gauche than hesitation or doubt.

It is a risk.

Pubs have been open (outdoors) here for a month. I haven't and I have no plans to.

Other people's reservations matter as much as your excitement, though, and last I checked Fab doesn't have rules against worrying if the pandemic will resurge.

I personally find "it's all wonderful and if you don't like it go away" far more gauche than hesitation or doubt."

Indoor dining, hotels ect have been open here a couple of weeks, no damage done. This is amazing news for families to regroup indoors and give loved ones a much need hug and not have to worry about social distancing, it gives couples the chance to spend the night together without fear of been punished. If my excitement is wrong then I don't want to be right.

I wholeheartedly respect your view & I'm sorry you are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. Let's all just embrace this moment, it really is much welcomed news for the majority.

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

Well, seeing as we'll be allowed to go abroad for holidays again soon, and presumably they can come here too, I personally think it's only a matter of time before we're back in some kind of lockdown again. Vaccination isn't the end all everyone seems to think it is.

And I think life as we knew it is over for quite some time yet, unfortunately

stafford

I'm doing cartwheels around my Scottish wee garden, HAPPY DAYS "

I'm treating it like a firework that may or may not have gone out.. If you return too quick it could blow up in your face.. Or yiu could just leave it a while and return a little bit later when you know its really safe..

??

By *ljamMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

Numbers are down so we're moving to a different phase across most of the country. It's hardly controversial. Further more, vaccination is breaking the link between infection and hospitalisation/death. It's time to ease restrictions.

I'm treating it like a firework that may or may not have gone out.. If you return too quick it could blow up in your face.. Or yiu could just leave it a while and return a little bit later when you know its really safe..

??

"

I'm trusting the data, same as the government. I will be hugging on monday, as well as enjoying a glass of wine in the pub. Sorry that doesn't make you happy

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

??

"

You could, but as it has now been publicly announced to the masses, I very much doubt people will wait.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

I haven't seen the speech, will any spike areas be shut down like moray is being restricted, similar to the old tier system?

Manchester (she/her)

It is a risk.

I personally find "it's all wonderful and if you don't like it go away" far more gauche than hesitation or doubt.

Indoor dining, hotels ect have been open here a couple of weeks, no damage done. This is amazing news for families to regroup indoors and give loved ones a much need hug and not have to worry about social distancing, it gives couples the chance to spend the night together without fear of been punished. If my excitement is wrong then I don't want to be right.

I wholeheartedly respect your view & I'm sorry you are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. Let's all just embrace this moment, it really is much welcomed news for the majority."

I respect your excitement (and I understand it), but you're not respecting other people's hesitation. This will raise the risk, there's no doubt of that.

I trust Sturgeon to make the right decision for Scotland, I hope it goes well, and I am glad it's bringing you such joy. I'm happy for you.

If by embracing the moment you mean be happy or be quiet, then, no. The moment comes with uncertainty and risk. Both perspectives have merit.

It won't be over for me, incidentally, until I can see my family again. Which, given global events, might not be until or even after 2023*. In the meantime, I protect my community as best I can.

(* No, I'm not prepared to lose my UK residency permanently, not least because it cost over £10k. I also don't have a spare $A10-25k or more to get back to Australia, nor a way to skip the queue of some 40 000 stranded Australians I'm not yet in)

It is a risk.

I wholeheartedly respect your view & I'm sorry you are misunderstanding where I'm coming from. Let's all just embrace this moment, it really is much welcomed news for the majority.

I respect your excitement (and I understand it), but you're not respecting other people's hesitation. This will raise the risk, there's no doubt of that.

I trust Sturgeon to make the right decision for Scotland, I hope it goes well, and I am glad it's bringing you such joy. I'm happy for you.

If by embracing the moment you mean be happy or be quiet, then, no. The moment comes with uncertainty and risk. Both perspectives have merit.

It won't be over for me, incidentally, until I can see my family again. Which, given global events, might not be until or even after 2023*. In the meantime, I protect my community as best I can.

(* No, I'm not prepared to lose my UK residency permanently, not least because it cost over £10k. I also don't have a spare $A10-25k or more to get back to Australia, nor a way to skip the queue of some 40 000 stranded Australians I'm not yet in)"

Ok

By * and R cple4Couple  over a year ago

swansea

So glad things are slowly looking up.We only have our beer gardens in pubs open at the minute and since that’s been announced the weather has been awful which is typical .

Great news

By *NTW80Couple  over a year ago

South Normanton

Such a cheerful person. The kids going back to school never made the virus explode so why do you think it will now. Guess some people enjoy locking themselves up.

Some people will never be happy, just want to bring everyone down with them. At some point they may want to smile. Also add to that no one is forcing anyone to go out to the pub and live a bit.

We have lived in a bubble out here for sometime, pubs, restaurants, clubs everything opened for almost a year. Happy others are staring to get some light at the end of the tunnel. Ignore the doom and gloom lot. Enjoy and be safe.

I would love to smash sturgeon

"I would love to smash sturgeon "

as in the face or a sleepover situation (that we incidentally are allowed to do in Scotland from Monday, much to the misery to many here )

By *entlemanrogueMan  over a year ago

Motherwell

" Just wish we had any kind of leader instead of the serial shagger/liar we have ..but good news for Scotland "

"And watch the virus explode

Such a cheerful person. The kids going back to school never made the virus explode so why do you think it will now. Guess some people enjoy locking themselves up. "

Well said.

By *rsbrooksandjohnCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

All us taffs can now hope for is that dripford will follow scotland and england and not punish us for not all voting for him. Expect pubs open for 4 per group till 11pm no hugging as its not safe ???

And as for international travel

Traffic lights hopefully as sturgeon said all 4 nation had agreed this. But if he doesn t he can t stop it anyway as we have british passports and fly from english airports lol

Some people just suck the joy out of you.

When they reopened the pubs etc last summer the cases didn’t “explode “ until September which coincided with university students going back.

Considering the majority of the vulnerable had not been vaccinated then but are now I think the predictions of gloom are likely to be misplaced.

That’s just my opinion based on what the so called experts are saying, but as the old saying goes, opinions are like..........

Anyway I’m off to get my second prick this afternoon so there

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

We are moving into a lower tier and the next phase of restrictions are being lifted in most areas, there are still definitely restrictions in place however. We can meet indoors again in very limited numbers & it is OK to hug our close family and friends (if we think it is safe to do so). Things are still far from normal.

"I would love to smash sturgeon

as in the face or a sleepover situation (that we incidentally are allowed to do in Scotland from Monday, much to the misery to many here ) "

Oh as in the sleepover.... She can keep her heels on as well

??

"

Now see....I tend to pick them up and throw them in the fire....usually gets them going again!! (Actually true...I really do)

"I would love to smash sturgeon

as in the face or a sleepover situation (that we incidentally are allowed to do in Scotland from Monday, much to the misery to many here ) "

We can in England too....or did you not get the memo?

stafford

??

I'm trusting the data, same as the government. I will be hugging on monday, as well as enjoying a glass of wine in the pub. Sorry that doesn't make you happy "

I don't think I said happy or unhappy.. Just cautious.. You just be you my friend ??

By *as4121Man  over a year ago

dartford

" Just wish we had any kind of leader instead of the serial shagger/liar we have ..but good news for Scotland

"

Seriously? Do you think any of them are totally truthfull or trustworthy? Never wanted him as PM but have to admit that despite the many things they did wrong the vacation program seems to have been a success. You may argue that Scotland or Wales rolled it out a bit quicker (although smaller population etc may have helped) but it was on the back of the deals that the UK government did.

As said I didn't want him as PM and I also voted to stay in the EU but believe in moving on and making the best of a situation rather than sound like a broken record.

Hoping the UK and the whole world can get on top of the situation and things can get back to some form of normality, hopefully a better one but I suspect we are not capable of that.

By *assy LassieWoman  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

"Ms sturgeon confirms no social distance measures from Monday indoors and all hotels open and pubs in Scotland except moray area."

No she didn't. There are limits to indoor meeting within houses. Social distancing remains in commercial premises.

Still good news.

"Ms sturgeon confirms no social distance measures from Monday indoors and all hotels open and pubs in Scotland except moray area.

No she didn't. There are limits to indoor meeting within houses. Social distancing remains in commercial premises.

Still good news. "

What are the limits to indoor & overnight meets?

Lanarkshire

"Ms sturgeon confirms no social distance measures from Monday indoors and all hotels open and pubs in Scotland except moray area.

Still good news.

What are the limits to indoor & overnight meets? "

6 people from 3 households inside houses

Think the outside is now 8 people from 8 households

Lanarkshire

Still good news.

What are the limits to indoor & overnight meets?

6 people from 3 households inside houses

Think the outside is now 8 people from 8 households"

Quote from gov.scot

Level 2:

you can meet socially in groups of up to: 6 people from 3 households in your home or theirs – and can stay overnight 6 people from 3 households in an indoor public place like a café, pub or restaurant 8 people from 8 households outdoors

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

We have a great leader and Scotland is only doing well with the virus because Boris let them have vaccines and all she does is follow and tweek England's rules to try to look different

think its best not to attack people who will be slower coming out of this lockdown i will be very cautious coming out of it because i have a valid reason i run 5 care homes and a home team + work in and around hospitals and drs surgeries so i wont be coming out of lockdown too fast ... and thats the only reason why as i have other people to think about ..

so im happy for those of you who can get a little bit free but lets not knock those who have there reasons for not quite yet wanting to join in ...

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

It is good news for Scotland, and I very sincerely hope that all goes well. I have cautious optimism about the progress in the whole UK, either the vaccines or the distancing measures - most likely the combination - has made a huge improvement since the start of the year. I believe that the country must still take care and reduce the restrictions only slowly, monitoring step by step as we have been doing. International travel and bio-security of borders is still a big worry to me, there are hundreds of millions of virus mutation incubators (ie. covid cases) out in the world, it only needs one of these to produce something horribly more infectious and deadly.

It is probably a good thing that some of us are being a bit more cautious, as that allows some of the others to be a bit more reckless, without upsetting the balance too much. As they say nowhere, vive la difference!

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

But if people travelled to Scotland from England which rules would they come under because I'm sure it would be to those who live in Scotland

"It is good news for Scotland, and I very sincerely hope that all goes well. I have cautious optimism about the progress in the whole UK, either the vaccines or the distancing measures - most likely the combination - has made a huge improvement since the start of the year. I believe that the country must still take care and reduce the restrictions only slowly, monitoring step by step as we have been doing. International travel and bio-security of borders is still a big worry to me, there are hundreds of millions of virus mutation incubators (ie. covid cases) out in the world, it only needs one of these to produce something horribly more infectious and deadly.

It is probably a good thing that some of us are being a bit more cautious, as that allows some of the others to be a bit more reckless, without upsetting the balance too much. As they say nowhere, vive la difference!"

Others to be a bit more reckless?

You mean the rule breakers right?

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

Seconded - and I am not even Scottish

Motherwell

[Removed by poster at 11/05/21 16:15:52]

Motherwell

" Just wish we had any kind of leader instead of the serial shagger/liar we have ..but good news for Scotland

Seconded - and I am not even Scottish "

Honestly i have no idea what i would do if iived outside Scotland the parties in England are either totally unvoteable, or plain old liars and thieves, making them, totally unvoteable

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

weybridge

For sure.

I'm certainly not unlocking myself until I'm fully vaccinated. Personal responsibility, innit"

By *ancelot1633Man  over a year ago

weybridge

Let’s see how it goes. Taking baby steps and watching what happens makes sense to me. Despite being desperate to get back to some semblance of normality if opening up leads to too many cases and deaths then closing back down will also make sense to me.

Let’s suck it and see (ooh er misses)

"Let’s see how it goes. Taking baby steps and watching what happens makes sense to me. Despite being desperate to get back to some semblance of normality if opening up leads to too many cases and deaths then closing back down will also make sense to me.

Let’s suck it and see (ooh er misses)"

That's what the whole country is doing. Give a bit... watch & wait .... if alls still good give a bit more, then watch & wait.... that's how we have got to this wonderful place

By *eedsmale36Man  over a year ago

Leeds

It is a risk.

(* No, I'm not prepared to lose my UK residency permanently, not least because it cost over £10k. I also don't have a spare $A10-25k or more to get back to Australia, nor a way to skip the queue of some 40 000 stranded Australians I'm not yet in)

Ok "

I’m pleased for Scotland as I visit for work weekly, I for one will be looking to fuck some sexy Scottish wives

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

God I fancy The Sturg in her stilletoes.

By *ussymufferMan  over a year ago

Lanarkshire

Cluster of covid in Glasgow. pubs open indoors on Monday watch it rise again and back to lockdown

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

"Cluster of covid in Glasgow. pubs open indoors on Monday watch it rise again and back to lockdown "

Indian variant just down the road in NW of England too.

No one cares about Scotland wanting to be independent. Let them. Feel free too kindly Separated your selfs from the uk and sustain your selfs economically and at the same time reduce the overall uk crime and unemployment numbers.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

"Cluster of covid in Glasgow. pubs open indoors on Monday watch it rise again and back to lockdown "

Be interesting to see if change level for Glasgow. They have resisted doing so in the past.

By *lamourpussyCouple  over a year ago

Warwick

I’d rather have Boris than Sturgeon, throughout the whole pandemic she hasn’t had a single idea of her own and has just piggybacked on Westminster’s decisions with minor tweaks to make them look like her own. I don’t understand why the Scottish people seem to think she has done a good job, with the population density in Scotland and other considerations the deaths per head if population in Scotland should have been 25% of those in England and yet they are almost as high.

By *elloIntrigueMan  over a year ago

North West UK

It amazes me how a lying weasel gets all the credit, when if he was in any other walk of life you wouldn't trust him as far as you could throw him.

Well done NHS.

Had other decisions been made we wouldn't be looking at nearly 130,000 deaths.

Good news for Scotland, Nicola Sturgeon has always been far more state like.

The latest variant running through Bolton and Blackburn is a worry for the rest of us in the North West. I hope the health authorities can get it under control.

"Cluster of covid in Glasgow. pubs open indoors on Monday watch it rise again and back to lockdown

Be interesting to see if change level for Glasgow. They have resisted doing so in the past."

thats not true , greater glasgow was in a higher tier for most of the winter - our pubs closed mid october and only just opened again when the beer gardens did in april, monday will be the first indoor pints in 7 months but we’ve only been in “lockdown” 4 and a half

By *andyladMan  over a year ago

Hereorthere

I’d rather have Boris than Sturgeon, throughout the whole pandemic she hasn’t had a single idea of her own and has just piggybacked on Westminster’s decisions with minor tweaks to make them look like her own. I don’t understand why the Scottish people seem to think she has done a good job, with the population density in Scotland and other considerations the deaths per head if population in Scotland should have been 25% of those in England and yet they are almost as high.

, "

Hence a four nation approach with tweaks

» Add a new message to this topic