FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Covid marshals will be introduced.

Covid marshals will be introduced.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Continue here, what do you think of the idea? They said that they will be introduced to enforce the rules towards the social distancing. I think that it kind of is good, as some cant follow the rules, we are all in this together, would it be voluntarily?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Continue here, what do you think of the idea? They said that they will be introduced to enforce the rules towards the social distancing. I think that it kind of is good, as some cant follow the rules, we are all in this together, would it be voluntarily? "

I don't think it should be voluntary, or they will just be viewed as "interfering busy bodies" if they are employed, then they are officials of the state.

I also think that their role should also include monitoring those in post holiday quarantine.

Cal

"Continue here, what do you think of the idea? They said that they will be introduced to enforce the rules towards the social distancing. I think that it kind of is good, as some cant follow the rules, we are all in this together, would it be voluntarily?

I don't think it should be voluntary, or they will just be viewed as "interfering busy bodies" if they are employed, then they are officials of the state.

I also think that their role should also include monitoring those in post holiday quarantine.

Cal"

Yes they should be payed as well and do various roles like monitoring those as well

I thimk many would like the role. I wonder where you could sign up

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I think it's a horrific waste of money, they will have no powers, much like the pcso's so all a bit pointless.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I suspect that unless tbe money to implement this is forthcoming, it won't happen.

The LGA have been seeking clarity on how their members will be able to manage this and, more importantly, how they are supposed to fund all these extra resources.

There was no discussion with the LGA prior to the announcement.

Without a cash injection, front line services will have to be cut to fund this and most councils are already at a point where they are struggling to fund their statutory obligations as it is.

I think the 'small print' will be along the lines of 'it's an option that local authorities can implement if they feel it is necessary'.

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

'Who can be a marshal?

According to the Cabinet Office, the new guidelines will be supported by newly qualified and recently retired Environmental Health Officers (EHOs).

In addition, the MHGLG added that some local authorities who have already deployed marshals have enlisted the help of volunteers, existing council staff or hired marshals specifically to carry out this role.

The government has not yet released any details on how you can apply to become a Covid-19 Secure Marshal.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/covid-marshal-meaning-fines-coronavirus-new-rules-lockdown-b421499.html

By *ancs_tgirl_38TV/TS  over a year ago

Blackpool

I can already feel the love towards them

I expect them to be a new entry into the top 3 by next weekend.

Straight in at No 1 if anyone remembers TOTP's

1:The covid marshalls

2:traffic wardens ltd

3:estate agent lyin SOB's

By *r NeilMan  over a year ago

flatearth

There just sheep from the extinction rebellion as there are out of protests

By *oo32Man  over a year ago

tipperary

Marshals in work since week 3 of covid...its a thankless job....i wouldnt do it in a fit..

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Maybe the covid marshalls should be undercover and they'd catch a lot more people out. It shouldn't be about catching people out though, it should be about preventing and stopping people breaking these restrictions and therefore putting lives at risk.

If people think they might be 'grassed up' and fined then they may think twice about these parties and such. Where would it end, I mean I admit I purchased a couple of extra toilet rolls than I maybe needed at the time, but I had to make sure I'd got at least two weeks quarentine supply just incase.

By *ymguy1966Man  over a year ago

Port Talbot

"I think it's a horrific waste of money, they will have no powers, much like the pcso's so all a bit pointless. "

Agreed

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There is no additional money to pay for Covid Marshalls and they will not have any powers to enforce anything.

Just a baseless pointless verbal gimmick by the Government

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

Inevitably they will think they are god and will interfere with people trying to work and make a living, stupid idea and a waste of tax payers money.

"Continue here, what do you think of the idea? They said that they will be introduced to enforce the rules towards the social distancing. I think that it kind of is good, as some cant follow the rules, we are all in this together, would it be voluntarily? "

Straight out of 1984

By *lem-H-FandangoMan  over a year ago

salisbury

Like the Gestapo?

More people committed suicide today than died with covid. Let that sink in.

By *iddle ManMan  over a year ago

Walsall

Maybe they should be issued with a two metre long cattle prod, to ensure people remain and keep their distance

"More people committed suicide today than died with covid. Let that sink in."

Sad, but very true.

Covid is certainly serious but it's desperately in need of being put into perspective.

"'Who can be a marshal?

According to the Cabinet Office, the new guidelines will be supported by newly qualified and recently retired Environmental Health Officers (EHOs).

In addition, the MHGLG added that some local authorities who have already deployed marshals have enlisted the help of volunteers, existing council staff or hired marshals specifically to carry out this role.

The government has not yet released any details on how you can apply to become a Covid-19 Secure Marshal.'

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/covid-marshal-meaning-fines-coronavirus-new-rules-lockdown-b421499.html"

There will be SIA support for them at least. The police won't get involved unless there is trouble. Im surprised the army has not been called in but they're too busy manning testing centres. Just remember traffic wardens, sia security and other staff in shopping centres and the like are there to help you and ensure you help others despite self interest.

D

Leicestershire

Interesting.

How many commited suicide?

By *yn drwgMan  over a year ago

Camarthen

"More people committed suicide today than died with covid. Let that sink in.

Interesting.

How many commited suicide?"

Over 300 men each week, don't know the figures for women but would imagine at least half, so many other issues involved though.

Leicestershire

Interesting.

How many commited suicide?

Over 300 men each week, don't know the figures for women but would imagine at least half, so many other issues involved though."

Loss of life is always a terrible thing, but the Samaritans are saying that the latest suicide figures from the ONS (September 2020) aren't necessarily attributable to the coronavirus pandemic as they also contain 2019 suicides.

They say they urgently need a real time surveillance system to be able to monitor and respond to suicide rates in a timely manner, which really surprised me as it hadn't occurred to me thatvthis faciloty wasn't available.

flatearth

Oh yes the students are wearing the Yellow jackets lol

No they should be licensed and fully vetted before engaging with vulnerable people

By *plpxp2Couple  over a year ago

Middlesbrough

"

They say they urgently need a real time surveillance system to be able to monitor and respond to suicide rates in a timely manner, which really surprised me as it hadn't occurred to me thatvthis faciloty wasn't available."

The daily deaths for covid announced are not in real time, they frequently occurred over the preceding weeks and months. Throughout the covid situation this has given a higher number and a very different graph shape to death by the date the death actually occurred.

With all the work around covid, the fact we don't have real time data highlights the difficult of achieving this with suicide. As determination of the cause of death will often require the Coroner it makes it even more complex to achieve.

"I thimk many would like the role. I wonder where you could sign up "

Yes there would be. People who like snitching or complaining about other people. And who like a bit of authoritative power. It will totally go to their heads lol. Watch all the narcissists apply for the job lol

salisbury

"I thimk many would like the role. I wonder where you could sign up

Yes there would be. People who like snitching or complaining about other people. And who like a bit of authoritative power. It will totally go to their heads lol. Watch all the narcissists apply for the job lol "

Hopefully they'll be a minimum height. Nothing worse than a short guy with a chip on his shoulder.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

"Continue here, what do you think of the idea? They said that they will be introduced to enforce the rules towards the social distancing. I think that it kind of is good, as some cant follow the rules, we are all in this together, would it be voluntarily?

Cal"

Agreed

Straight out of 1984"

What happened back then?

Like the Gestapo?"

No, just to make sure that the people are following the rules there

i cannot see how you can enforce anything.

when i was shopping earlier i noticed a few parents with face masks on but nothing on their children.

that says it all about poor parenting.

also the way people are if challenged some are likely to become violent so who is going to put up with that?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Straight out of 1984What happened back then?"

It's a book. George Orwell's vision of the future.

By *aughtycomfortCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

In supermarkets near us many are not wearing masks. Some may have good reason ?

In a macs we stopped at where we were going to eat inside we were asked to mask up until we were eating which we both did.

I saw many asked to mask up and like us all did with out fuss.

[Removed by poster at 13/09/20 13:59:27]

By *razyredheadWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

"i cannot see how you can enforce anything.

when i was shopping earlier i noticed a few parents with face masks on but nothing on their children.

also the way people are if challenged some are likely to become violent so who is going to put up with that?

"

Masks are only recommended for kids over 11. So unless you are talking about teenagers then there's no issue.

The youngsters will just tell them to fuck off spit or cough on them claim they have covid.

14 day self isolation for the marshals

By *entralscotscpl7Couple  over a year ago

Falkirk

"

Children under 11 do not have to wear a mask. That's not poor parenting, that the current legislation.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"The youngsters will just tell them to fuck off spit or cough on them claim they have covid.

14 day self isolation for the marshals "

Same as traffic wardens, it's a job that has to be done because of all the self righteous barstewards in the country

Masks are only recommended for kids over 11. So unless you are talking about teenagers then there's no issue. "

if that was my child i wouldnt care what the recommendation is, i would want to protect my child regardless.

thats called good parenting and using common sense.

who is going to enforce things with no powers of arrest?

because marshalls wont have that unless they are police officers and police need to be doing other things.

im sorry, but i cannot see people taking any notice

Masks are only recommended for kids over 11. So unless you are talking about teenagers then there's no issue.

if that was my child i wouldnt care what the recommendation is, i would want to protect my child regardless.

because marshalls wont have that unless they are police officers and police need to be doing other things.

im sorry, but i cannot see people taking any notice"

Sticking masks on kids IS NOT good parenting.

Putting masks on full stop is stupid enough unless its open surgery.

please dont put masks on your kids for crying out loud.

salisbury

Straight out of 1984What happened back then?"

^this is why we're fucked^

By *avidandherCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

TURN THAT LIGHT OUT!!!!

Just what we need a whole bunch of "little Hitlers".

flatearth

Let's face it we are screwd over the mask wearers have obeyed, the submissive types,all in fear lol

THE MASK IS TO KEEP YOU QUIET ....

IT'S NOT A PPE..

Leicestershire

"Let's face it we are screwd over the mask wearers have obeyed, the submissive types,all in fear lol

IT'S NOT A PPE..

"

Quiet about what?

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 14/09/20 06:21:17]

Blackpool

[Removed by poster at 14/09/20 06:23:08]

Straight out of 1984What happened back then?

^this is why we're fucked^ "

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I imagine the marshalls to be like the ARP warden in Dad's Army.

By *inkycreamCouple  over a year ago

manchester

I can imagine the dislike to them, bit like the nosey neighbors, imagine opening door and being asked how many people are in your house. Really you can answer nicely and join the new police state or be yourself.

By *ickthelick2001Man  over a year ago

nottingham

Are Covid Marshall’s, just another step towards a fascist state ? curfews, no socialising, snitching on neighbours, isn’t this how hitler started ?

All done to divide the population even more, after all isn’t a divided population easier to control ?

Can’t wait to meet one !!

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"I can imagine the dislike to them, bit like the nosey neighbors, imagine opening door and being asked how many people are in your house. Really you can answer nicely and join the new police state or be yourself. "

I thought they were just patrolling public spaces not door knocking? They have snitches to do that kind of work.

Will these marshals get pretty little badges? And will they get to wear gun holsters, only with spray bottles of antiviral gel in them?

Leicestershire

"Are Covid Marshall’s, just another step towards a fascist state ? curfews, no socialising, snitching on neighbours, isn’t this how hitler started ? "

No it's not.

This is also a worldwide event and not just localised.

im sorry, but i cannot see people taking any notice

Sticking masks on kids IS NOT good parenting.

Putting masks on full stop is stupid enough unless its open surgery.

please dont put masks on your kids for crying out loud."

Actually five years ago there was debate in the medical industry over whether it was necessary during surgery with some medical studies showing how ineffective they were.

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Eastbourne

I am sure with the abuse the covid Marshall's will get, a few of them will be added to that number.

unless they have powers of arrest they are useless and cannot even use a fine.

same with council workers they need a police officer with them as they cannot read you your rights.

last thing we need is a stasi system like east germany had were everyone is grassing and getting innocent people done in.

Leicestershire

"

last thing we need is a stasi system like east germany had were everyone is grassing and getting innocent people done in."

Do you think they're going to target groups of less than 6 then?

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

I am sure with the abuse the covid Marshall's will get, a few of them will be added to that number."

Think if suitably dressed as a womble they'd at least get to share cuteness around

I am sure with the abuse the covid Marshall's will get, a few of them will be added to that number.

Think if suitably dressed as a womble they'd at least get to share cuteness around"

Like the Blue and White Alton Towers Police Folks lol

Who the hell would want to be a Covid marshal? It'll be a miserable and hated position.

By *LIRTWITHUSCouple  over a year ago

Chester

Think if suitably dressed as a womble they'd at least get to share cuteness around

Like the Blue and White Alton Towers Police Folks lol "

Only fluffy and tidy litter pickers

the wetlands

"Who the hell would want to be a Covid marshal? It'll be a miserable and hated position."

I could name quite a few people from this place lol

Better not tho eh ?

I am thinking of applying. No. It will be a civil matter of the police.

"Let's face it we are screwd over the mask wearers have obeyed, the submissive types,all in fear lol

IT'S NOT A PPE..

"

By *otsMan  over a year ago

Higham

"I suspect that unless tbe money to implement this is forthcoming, it won't happen.

The LGA have been seeking clarity on how their members will be able to manage this and, more importantly, how they are supposed to fund all these extra resources.

There was no discussion with the LGA prior to the announcement.

Without a cash injection, front line services will have to be cut to fund this and most councils are already at a point where they are struggling to fund their statutory obligations as it is.

I think the 'small print' will be along the lines of 'it's an option that local authorities can implement if they feel it is necessary'.

"

I think your missing a point here.

In the cities it will be tight but in rural areas, semi urban you have parish councils and Dostrict councils who all have elected members.

My Parish of 11,000 has 12 parish Councillors and 3 district si theres 15 monitors straight away.

They can sod off.

This isn't a police state.

Ignore them.

Bloody hell is that shag who has buggered off?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"Bloody hell is that shag who has buggered off?"

Yes I hope he comes back..

"Bloody hell is that shag who has buggered off?

Yes I hope he comes back.."

When did he go?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

When did he go?"

I don't know, I think a couple of people have had messages, so he's ok

When did he go?

I don't know, I think a couple of people have had messages, so he's ok "

When did he go?

I don't know, I think a couple of people have had messages, so he's ok

"

Maybe he's decided you can't meet and the forums are depressing as hell, so has taken a break

Wouldn't the introduction of marshalls be another step closer to dictatorship?

By *sturjackMan  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Are Covid Marshall’s, just another step towards a fascist state ? curfews, no socialising, snitching on neighbours, isn’t this how hitler started ?

All done to divide the population even more, after all isn’t a divided population easier to control ?

Can’t wait to meet one !! "

This is the start of a fascist state!

"Wouldn't the introduction of marshalls be another step closer to dictatorship?"

What like the Police - PCSO's - Traffic Wardens - Environmental Enforcement Officers - Building Civil Engineers - The Courts - ANPR Cameras - CCTV Parking Cameras - Park Wardens . . ? et-al.

"Are Covid Marshall’s, just another step towards a fascist state ? curfews, no socialising, snitching on neighbours, isn’t this how hitler started ?

Can’t wait to meet one !!

This is the start of a fascist state! "

LMAO 'Comrade Covid Marshall'.

"Wouldn't the introduction of marshalls be another step closer to dictatorship?

What like the Police - PCSO's - Traffic Wardens - Environmental Enforcement Officers - Building Civil Engineers - The Courts - ANPR Cameras - CCTV Parking Cameras - Park Wardens . . ? et-al.

"

Why do some people love state control?

CCTV=waste of time,parking cameras=tax grab,parking wardens the same.

The police enforce the law they're not supposed to steal our freedom.

"

The police enforce the law they're not supposed to steal our freedom."

The Police Enforce the Law given to them by the Government that the People Voted for.

If anyone is even remotely thinking that we are even a billion miles closer to North Korea really needs to get a reality check along with a Flu Vaccination. (oh of course you would be anti-vax too) Maybe Comrade Covid Marshall will be given that job in the Gates Foundation Clinic opening up this weekend at the top of your street. They are building them over the two weeks in October.

"

The Police Enforce the Law given to them by the Government that the People Voted for.

If anyone is even remotely thinking that we are even a billion miles closer to North Korea really needs to get a reality check along with a Flu Vaccination. (oh of course you would be anti-vax too) Maybe Comrade Covid Marshall will be given that job in the Gates Foundation Clinic opening up this weekend at the top of your street. They are building them over the two weeks in October. "

Correct. These are not laws. They haven't gone through parliament or received Royal assent.

We didnt vote for them to mandate away our personal freedom.

"

If anyone is even remotely thinking that we are even a billion miles closer to North Korea really needs to get a reality check along with a Flu Vaccination. (oh of course you would be anti-vax too) Maybe Comrade Covid Marshall will be given that job in the Gates Foundation Clinic opening up this weekend at the top of your street. They are building them over the two weeks in October.

Correct. These are not laws. They haven't gone through parliament or received Royal assent.

We didnt vote for them to mandate away our personal freedom."

Actually they are.

What like the Police - PCSO's - Traffic Wardens - Environmental Enforcement Officers - Building Civil Engineers - The Courts - ANPR Cameras - CCTV Parking

Cameras - Park Wardens . . ?

The police enforce the law they're not supposed to steal our freedom."

My point exactly. Why should it be ok for us to be told where we can and can't stand or walk. There is a huge difference between be asked/advised not to do something and being told not to do it with the threat of fines. Rant over. Have a Fab Day

What like the Police - PCSO's - Traffic Wardens - Environmental Enforcement Officers - Building Civil Engineers - The Courts - ANPR Cameras - CCTV Parking

My point exactly. Why should it be ok for us to be told where we can and can't stand or walk. There is a huge difference between be asked/advised not to do something and being told not to do it with the threat of fines. Rant over. Have a Fab Day "

Well that's three of us lol.

My point exactly. Why should it be ok for us to be told where we can and can't stand or walk. There is a huge difference between be asked/advised not to do something and being told not to do it with the threat of fines. Rant over. Have a Fab Day

Well that's three of us lol."

We could start an alliance.. Fabbers Against prosecution & Persicustion. AKA FAPP(ers) lol

We could start an alliance.. Fabbers Against prosecution & Persicustion. AKA FAPP(ers) lol"

I'm in

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

We didnt vote for them to mandate away our personal freedom."

If you voted for them and you are now complaining?

My heart bleeds

It really does.

"

My heart bleeds

It really does.

"

Is that it?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"

My heart bleeds

It really does.

Is that it?"

Hang on

Where is that violin.

Leicestershire

We could start an alliance.. Fabbers Against prosecution & Persicustion. AKA FAPP(ers) lol"

Or even "Tactical Warfare Against Tyranny"...

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

We could start an alliance.. Fabbers Against prosecution & Persicustion. AKA FAPP(ers) lol

Or even "Tactical Warfare Against Tyranny"..."

Oh, I like this one... T.W.A.T

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I'm already a Covid Marshal.

Went out and bought a great big, fuck off, foam ten gallon hat.

Cut out a cardboard star and wrote Covid Marshal in felt tip.

Got a holster and 2 water pistols filled with bleach and water.

Wandered these here lawless streets, shouting to anyone without a mask...freeze mother fucker, Covid Marshal and then squirt em with my magic bleach and water solution.

That's probably why I ended up in A&E with multiple fractures.

Ah well, seemed to work on paper.

Oh, I like this one... T.W.A.T"

Covid Unite Noncompliance Team AKA C.U.N.T ?

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

Covid Unite Noncompliance Team AKA C.U.N.T ? "

Oh genius!

"

Oh, I like this one... T.W.A.T"

Yea 'Total Wankers and Tossers'

Covid Unite Noncompliance Team AKA C.U.N.T ?

Oh genius! "

I've had a drink i can't think of any more lol

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Anyone know when 'Officer Doofy" is due to start?

By *hilledout-coupleCouple  over a year ago

telford

Unfortunately as it stands they will have no authority to issue fines and no authority to arrest they can merely ask you to disperse etc. They would then have to call the police to enforce measures should that not work

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Unfortunately as it stands they will have no authority to issue fines and no authority to arrest they can merely ask you to disperse etc. They would then have to call the police to enforce measures should that not work "

So a complete waste of time and tax payers money then.

"Unfortunately as it stands they will have no authority to issue fines and no authority to arrest they can merely ask you to disperse etc. They would then have to call the police to enforce measures should that not work

So a complete waste of time and tax payers money then. "

Might as well have sent out the Milky Bar Kid.

Leicestershire

We still doing this?

Johnson mentioned it once and not since.

Local authorities knew nothing about it and told him he'd have to put the money on the table and explain exactly what his expectations are before they'd even look at making this a reality.

As I said at the time, LAs don't have the money to throw around on an off the cuff idea like this.

When I went back to work I was given a orange hiviz and inducted into being a social distancing marshal.

I’m all for learning more about how to combat this virus and I do get a increase in my wages (no bonus for sobbing on people though ).

But,it is useless sometimes to constantly remind them to distance themselves...

Oh... I work on a building site and having various subbies in one plot is a nightmare.

Stay safe people

flatearth

"They can sod off.

This isn't a police state.

Ignore them."

the wetlands

There are multiple threads here of fab with people seemingly confused as to why other countries have lower infection rates than the UK

A quick skim over this thread makes that perfectly obvious

» Add a new message to this topic