FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Bob Geldof, Bono, Brandson

Bob Geldof, Bono, Brandson

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Bob Geldof, Bono, Brandson all are keeping very quiet just now hoping no one will remember how rich they are and how they do not want to come forward and donate or help at these times when the public need them

seems Geldof and Bono always love to encourage the public and less well off to donate their cash whilst keeping their own stash hidden

and as for Brandson, the public will never forget how he sued the NHS when things didnt go his way

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right now

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Bob Geldof, Bono, Brandson all are keeping very quiet just now hoping no one will remember how rich they are and how they do not want to come forward and donate or help at these times when the public need them

seems Geldof and Bono always love to encourage the public and less well off to donate their cash whilst keeping their own stash hidden

and as for Brandson, the public will never forget how he sued the NHS when things didnt go his way

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right now"

How do you know they haven't donated anything?

Personally I'd be more impressed by celebrities doing so anonymously rather than making a big PR friendly song & dance about it!

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

"Bob Geldof, Bono, Brandson all are keeping very quiet just now hoping no one will remember how rich they are and how they do not want to come forward and donate or help at these times when the public need them

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right now"

Two of them should have stuck to singing. One of them should be questioned about his involvement with Epstein.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I'm not a fan of bono but U2 have donated €10 million to support health care workers battling coronavirus in Ireland.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thejournal.ie/u2-donating-money-fight-coronavirus-ireland-5070790-Apr2020/%3famp=1

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Branson has donated lots of money if you do your research on the net and not from Facebook

Branson is the only one of the three who has actively attacked the nhs - you might not like the other two personally but they have both saved a hell of a lot more lives than you or I. Incidentally if you want to pick on the wealthy who dont appear to be splashing the cash their are many more people you could start with - aaron banks, nigel farage, jacob rees mogg - they are conspicuous in their absence right now

Bransons flagship company Virgin Atlantic are a national disgrace.

5 weeks I’ve been waiting for money they owe me for a cancelled flight. Where as it took BA 24 hours to refund me. VA are purposely withholding refunds and dragging it out to the maximum 90 days it can to limit their cash bleed. Disgusting company, withholding money from consumers that doesn’t belong to them.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Bransons flagship company Virgin Atlantic are a national disgrace.

5 weeks I’ve been waiting for money they owe me for a cancelled flight. Where as it took BA 24 hours to refund me. VA are purposely withholding refunds and dragging it out to the maximum 90 days it can to limit their cash bleed. Disgusting company, withholding money from consumers that doesn’t belong to them.

"

flew a couple of times to the states with them, not impressed, will never use them again with you can enjoy a better flight with United or BA

Bono and u2 have been donating they bought and supplied loads ppe in Ireland other week.

U2 give large amounts to charities but don’t ask to be recognised or press alerted but shows on website charities they work with and fund

By *estivalMan  over a year ago

borehamwood

ah es branson sitting pretty on his island and bleating on that he wants a goverment bailout.yea right mate once you have used your own wealth saving Your own company then mabey get a little help.the same guy who has made his staff take 8 weeks unpaid leave.never really liked the beardy one but what ive read about him over the last few yeats has just re enforced my opinion that the bloke is a cunt.as for bono and geldof these guys do love a bit of self promotion

By *uxinteriorMan  over a year ago

south west , continental

"ah es branson sitting pretty on his island and bleating on that he wants a goverment bailout.yea right mate once you have used your own wealth saving Your own company then mabey get a little help.the same guy who has made his staff take 8 weeks unpaid leave.never really liked the beardy one but what ive read about him over the last few yeats has just re enforced my opinion that the bloke is a cunt.as for bono and geldof these guys do love a bit of self promotion"

I did have a laugh at the way that was worded, nothing like not beating around the bush!

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

I used to like Branson - but when he asked his staff to go home and not be paid and then said the government should bail Virgin Airlines out while having 4.4 billion in the bank as personal wealth he kinda' lost me.

Go Virgin !!!

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Maybe Bob thinks this is Karma for big countries and companies letting the third world suffer poverty for so long and exploitation.

He was quite when Australia was on fire, connecting a few dots.

Older and wiser not to kick up a fuss maybe.

Or he just couldn't give a shit, he's done his bit for world poverty.

I still can't figure why Africa is still poor.

Africa - corruption, religious intolerance, chinese expansionism, poor healthcare, minimal education and lack of opportunity for the poorest members, thats just some of the classic problems, and then there is just the sheer size of the place compared to our little island

Bono /U2 have donated millions towards the fight against Coronavirus

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right now

Two of them should have stuck to swinging. One of them should be questioned about his involvement with Epstein. "

Wow, swinging... Are they here then?

I don't have a problem with Bono or Bob tbh, they've done plenty in the past using their own wealth and drumming up funds.

Branson though, his conduct throughout all this has been nothing short of shambolic. In fact he features on my Ultimate Shit List when it comes to Coronavirus, somewhere lower down than President Xi, but higher up the list than the average sunbather in a park.

B

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

You do not have to shout from the roof tops if you give to charity and Branson does give a lot to charity,as for Geldof who is not that rich ,he has done a hell of a lot in his life a great man in many ways.Bono is Irish and we do not here what he is doing in his own country so hard to comment but he has no reason to give in the UK

I notice no one followed up on the fact posted above that U2 donated 10 million Euros. Obviously doesn't fit with mindless rants.

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

It's hard to make judgement on any individual but think anyone who "avoids" and certainly "evades" their NI and tax contributions are equally worthless pieces of s@@t

borehamwood

"I notice no one followed up on the fact posted above that U2 donated 10 million Euros. Obviously doesn't fit with mindless rants."

ah yes u2 aint they the ones who register there buisness in low tax countrys so they dodge tax in there own country???perhaps if they had been paying it where they are supposed to there health workers wouldnt of needed a handout from them lol

borehamwood

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right nowYou do not have to shout from the roof tops if you give to charity and Branson does give a lot to charity,as for Geldof who is not that rich ,he has done a hell of a lot in his life a great man in many ways.Bono is Irish and we do not here what he is doing in his own country so hard to comment but he has no reason to give in the UK"

haha emma geldof not that rich i think his production companys bring him a fair old wedge in.

By *itonmyfacebookMan  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

"Branson is the only one of the three who has actively attacked the nhs - you might not like the other two personally but they have both saved a hell of a lot more lives than you or I. Incidentally if you want to pick on the wealthy who dont appear to be splashing the cash their are many more people you could start with - aaron banks, nigel farage, jacob rees mogg - they are conspicuous in their absence right now"

Seriously wondering where Lord Snooty, Rees Mogg is

"I notice no one followed up on the fact posted above that U2 donated 10 million Euros. Obviously doesn't fit with mindless rants.

ah yes u2 aint they the ones who register there buisness in low tax countrys so they dodge tax in there own country???perhaps if they had been paying it where they are supposed to there health workers wouldnt of needed a handout from them lol"

Which of course is not what the original post is about.

Not that I disagree with your point.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

For the 2nd day in a row I'm seeing Branson asking for a bailout for his airline and offering his island as security.

Sunak should say yes but in return for a majority stake in the company plus the island. Who's up for government subsidised Caribbean holidays when this is all over?

We could rename the island Coronaland

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

"I notice no one followed up on the fact posted above that U2 donated 10 million Euros. Obviously doesn't fit with mindless rants.

ah yes u2 aint they the ones who register there buisness in low tax countrys so they dodge tax in there own country???perhaps if they had been paying it where they are supposed to there health workers wouldnt of needed a handout from them lol"

Therefore they didn't HAVE to donate anything

maybe its just myself that feels this way, perhaps others love all they are doing right nowYou do not have to shout from the roof tops if you give to charity and Branson does give a lot to charity,as for Geldof who is not that rich ,he has done a hell of a lot in his life a great man in many ways.Bono is Irish and we do not here what he is doing in his own country so hard to comment but he has no reason to give in the UK"

Net worth 150 million ? Jeez if that’s what u class as not that rich

"Branson is the only one of the three who has actively attacked the nhs - you might not like the other two personally but they have both saved a hell of a lot more lives than you or I. Incidentally if you want to pick on the wealthy who dont appear to be splashing the cash their are many more people you could start with - aaron banks, nigel farage, jacob rees mogg - they are conspicuous in their absence right now"

you only mentioned those who wanted Brexit.

why don't you keep politics out of it.

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Is Branston in a bit of a pickle?

"Branson is the only one of the three who has actively attacked the nhs - you might not like the other two personally but they have both saved a hell of a lot more lives than you or I. Incidentally if you want to pick on the wealthy who dont appear to be splashing the cash their are many more people you could start with - aaron banks, nigel farage, jacob rees mogg - they are conspicuous in their absence right now

you only mentioned those who wanted Brexit.

why don't you keep politics out of it."

I mentioned high profile people who seem to have loadsamoney when it comes to political donations and trying to influence the direction of the country but dont seem very high profile on corona. Sorry if that upsets you but it seems a valid point to me.

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

Branson is asking the UK to bail out a company that is 49% American 31% French and 20% Virgin Islands why the hell should the UK bail it out? Denmark and Poland have said they will not bail out any company registered in a tax haven which in my opinion is the right way as these companies show losses so they pay no tax and stash the spoils away.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Branson is asking the UK to bail out a company that is 49% American 31% French and 20% Virgin Islands why the hell should the UK bail it out? Denmark and Poland have said they will not bail out any company registered in a tax haven which in my opinion is the right way as these companies show losses so they pay no tax and stash the spoils away.

"

You could see that being electorally popular aswell.

central scotland

"Branson is asking the UK to bail out a company that is 49% American 31% French and 20% Virgin Islands why the hell should the UK bail it out? Denmark and Poland have said they will not bail out any company registered in a tax haven which in my opinion is the right way as these companies show losses so they pay no tax and stash the spoils away.

You could see that being electorally popular aswell."

As in I don't like what is posted so will just say That's political?

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

You could see that being electorally popular aswell. As in I don't like what is posted so will just say That's political? "

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

You could see that being electorally popular aswell. As in I don't like what is posted so will just say That's political?

"

8,000 staff to think about it is not straight forward

central scotland

You could see that being electorally popular aswell. As in I don't like what is posted so will just say That's political?

8,000 staff to think about it is not straight forward"

Given that the company loses tens of millions every year (tax dodge ) we would be doing Branson a favour letting it sink and save him all that money Lots of companies go under and while the job losses are sad I would not want any of my taxes bailing out that low life after he took much nee

ded millions from the NHS

"

31% French ? I thought he never went through with the sale to Air France/KLM ? I though he ended up keeping his 51% share as he wanted to keep it in the family ?

By *dward_TeagueMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

I’m not defending Branson but as far as I am aware the companies the Virgin Group do pay tax in the countries that they are based.

He may be a tax exile in the BVI but at least the businesses actually pay UK taxes.

By *uninlondon69Man  over a year ago

Lewisham

"

8,000 staff to think about it is not straight forward Given that the company loses tens of millions every year (tax dodge ) we would be doing Branson a favour letting it sink and save him all that money Lots of companies go under and while the job losses are sad I would not want any of my taxes bailing out that low life after he took much needed millions from the NHS"

If Virgin went under, a new operator will be along to replace them. The biggest assets - fully equipped planes and fully trained staff - already exist and someone with the means will fill the void.

Some jobs would be lost, no doubt but the airline industry will not collapse. It won't be the same as before. The millennials and younger are the future and are seeing the environmental benefits of a reduction in flights, but air travel is too important to modern life to abandon.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

I’m sure Virgin Atlantic Ltd and Virgin Atlantic International Ltd would pay U.K. tax if it makes profit .

Parent company Virgin Group Holdings in the BVI - tax free

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If there are 8000 jobs at stake then it does put a different slant on things so OK Branson you get a loan to tide things through from the treasury but the rate of interest is higher and based upon what uk taxes have been saved by the company in offing it to a tax haven..

here

"If there are 8000 jobs at stake then it does put a different slant on things so OK Branson you get a loan to tide things through from the treasury but the rate of interest is higher and based upon what uk taxes have been saved by the company in offing it to a tax haven..

"

The moral dilemma of 8,000 jobs .... it’s a no win decision for the government

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

"

8,000 staff to think about it is not straight forward Given that the company loses tens of millions every year (tax dodge ) we would be doing Branson a favour letting it sink and save him all that money Lots of companies go under and while the job losses are sad I would not want any of my taxes bailing out that low life after he took much needed millions from the NHS

If Virgin went under, a new operator will be along to replace them. The biggest assets - fully equipped planes and fully trained staff - already exist and someone with the means will fill the void.

Some jobs would be lost, no doubt but the airline industry will not collapse. It won't be the same as before. The millennials and younger are the future and are seeing the environmental benefits of a reduction in flights, but air travel is too important to modern life to abandon. "

Exactly, bad news for some established companies but great opportunities coming for others

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"If there are 8000 jobs at stake then it does put a different slant on things so OK Branson you get a loan to tide things through from the treasury but the rate of interest is higher and based upon what uk taxes have been saved by the company in offing it to a tax haven..

The moral dilemma of 8,000 jobs .... it’s a no win decision for the government "

Agreed..

Even post lockdown I think many airlines and the tourism industry per se will take a couple of years to be back to where it was so some jobs will go..

here

The moral dilemma of 8,000 jobs .... it’s a no win decision for the government

Agreed..

Even post lockdown I think many airlines and the tourism industry per se will take a couple of years to be back to where it was so some jobs will go.. "

Mr Branson will most likely be struggling to find commercial funding /loans as it is very high risk .

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Other countries have limited or blocked covid-19 financial help to those who use tax havens or don't fully reside, with full financial transparency, in the country that they earn from and demanding money from. Perhaps the British Virgin Isles or personal wealth, should be the source of their help.

I'd suggest that Branson pays several £billions in personal tax to the UK, as his application fee for consideration of help. With no guarantees of payment of his demands being met. It's only a few weeks since he sued the NHS and took £200 millions!

"Other countries have limited or blocked covid-19 financial help to those who use tax havens or don't fully reside, with full financial transparency, in the country that they earn from and demanding money from. Perhaps the British Virgin Isles or personal wealth, should be the source of their help.

I'd suggest that Branson pays several £billions in personal tax to the UK, as his application fee for consideration of help. With no guarantees of payment of his demands being met. It's only a few weeks since he sued the NHS and took £200 millions! "

Sounds like an excellent plan to me

Tbh I couldnt care less if he ends up in hock or not as long as he gets bitten on the arse for being a beardy pro Brexit anti nhs posh cunt

central scotland

31% French ? I thought he never went through with the sale to Air France/KLM ? I though he ended up keeping his 51% share as he wanted to keep it in the family ? "

I stand corrected he did not sell the 31% to the French after all

central scotland

"I’m sure Virgin Atlantic Ltd and Virgin Atlantic International Ltd would pay U.K. tax if it makes profit .

Parent company Virgin Group Holdings in the BVI - tax free"

Of course they would have to pay UK ta if they made a profit but it is far too easy for those companies that make massive profits to then use the loopholes to turn the profits in to big losses = no tax to pay

here

"I’m sure Virgin Atlantic Ltd and Virgin Atlantic International Ltd would pay U.K. tax if it makes profit .

Parent company Virgin Group Holdings in the BVI - tax free Of course they would have to pay UK ta if they made a profit but it is far too easy for those companies that make massive profits to then use the loopholes to turn the profits in to big losses = no tax to pay"

Exactly the point made

By *havennaturistsCouple  over a year ago

Banff

Limited companies of all shapes and sizes go bust all the time, directors still keep all personal possessions untouched. It's the smaller, supplier businesses who take the rap time after time.

Maybe HM Government would like to consider changing the regulations regarding limited liability companys?

It's not only Branson, there will be many others much closer to your homes who do exactly the same.....liquidate, make the wife MD, liquidate again, make son MD and so it goes on as I know to my own personal cost.

» Add a new message to this topic