FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Antibodies..

Antibodies..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Might be a daft thought but if a sibling, or offspring had developed antibodies post having the virus and by transfusion pass on some of those to said siblings/offspring..

If so could that help the recipient in developing their own or is it that we each have to have the virus in order to develop our own..?

Just something that came to mind when doing the lawn..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

Plasma transplants are something that is being looked in to although I think its quite complicated and time consuming but not out of the realms of possibility

By *ouple in Lancashire OP   Couple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"Plasma transplants are something that is being looked in to although I think its quite complicated and time consuming but not out of the realms of possibility "

Cheers..

I guess it will come down to if its effective or even possible, whether the recipients immune system will accept and if so produce more..

Back to the lawn..

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

I'm sure I heard they were already doing this in the US? Dr Hilary was on about it this morning too, plasma therapy, it's been looked at here but not starting doing it. Makes sense to try and help those in hospital with in infusion.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Plasma transfusions for COVID19 are already used in Europe and US. But are not approved in UK yet. Lagging behind as usual

"Plasma transfusions for COVID19 are already used in Europe and US. But are not approved in UK yet. Lagging behind as usual

"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-doctors-frustrated-by-delays-in-plasma-therapy-trials-for-covid-19-patients-11972462

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think some plasma transplants have already been done, which have helped infected people to fight it. It's likely to stay as a treatment option for very sick people, especially if immuno-compromised though imo.

Lose of antibodies on here.

Look at the state of them

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Plasma transplants are something that is being looked in to although I think its quite complicated and time consuming but not out of the realms of possibility

Cheers..

I guess it will come down to if its effective or even possible, whether the recipients immune system will accept and if so produce more..

Back to the lawn.. "

I'm no expert but it seems that they extract the antibodies from an infected person and give them to a non infected person. Almost a direct transplant of the anti body so the immune system doesnt have to create its own

» Add a new message to this topic