FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Distancing

Distancing

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *rHotNotts OP   Man  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

Other than keeping very healthy - which doesn’t prevent you getting the virus just decreases your chances of being ill - 2m distancing seems the way to prevent getting it and I believe will be here to stay for a long time in some shape or form.

Has anyone thought about how normal daily life will adapt as we maintain 2m distances from people we can’t verify are virus free ? Already saw some of this in gyms and coffee shops before lockdown. Imagine a world where this becomes the norm....

Gives personal space a whole new meaning !

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Other than keeping very healthy - which doesn’t prevent you getting the virus just decreases your chances of being ill - 2m distancing seems the way to prevent getting it and I believe will be here to stay for a long time in some shape or form.

Has anyone thought about how normal daily life will adapt as we maintain 2m distances from people we can’t verify are virus free ? Already saw some of this in gyms and coffee shops before lockdown. Imagine a world where this becomes the norm....

"

And we might evolve our cocks to adapt eh

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Travel will be interesting if people have to sit 2m apart on a plane, train or coach etc..

The cost implications will put people off, also any travel abroad will probably involve some sort of immunity certification and the insurance to cover this will be what..?

Is it the end of things like the Shengen accord?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

This is why in countries coming out of the lockdown they are making masks compulsory.

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 12:29:07]

"This is why in countries coming out of the lockdown they are making masks compulsory.

"

This

Also in closed spaces they have shown that the virus survives in the air for some time. So distance doesnt really help if your going into a cafe for instance.

Ive always felt my personal space was being constantly invaded prior to this, I for one hope this changes that, maybe not by a lot but hopefully people wont want to stand so ridiculously close. This is something thats always bothered me, interested to see what others have to say.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

There's probably some scientific basis to the 2m rule that I'm missing, but a cough or sneeze can travel significantly further than 2m.

On the very rare occasions I have left the house I try to maintain 4m.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"There's probably some scientific basis to the 2m rule that I'm missing, but a cough or sneeze can travel significantly further than 2m.

"

On Jeremy vine this morning, they said a sneeze can travel 8 metres

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

Maybe people who don't get a flu injection each year will now do so - and when the injection for covid arrives i BET for sure that they will get it.

Dubai / Nottingham

"Travel will be interesting if people have to sit 2m apart on a plane, train or coach etc..

The cost implications will put people off, also any travel abroad will probably involve some sort of immunity certification and the insurance to cover this will be what..?

Is it the end of things like the Shengen accord? "

Do you think certain types of travel, restaurants etc could become luxury items ? Space itself will become an expensive item. Maybe will will build up instead of out and use more glass and technology in shared spaces

Dubai / Nottingham

"There's probably some scientific basis to the 2m rule that I'm missing, but a cough or sneeze can travel significantly further than 2m.

On Jeremy vine this morning, they said a sneeze can travel 8 metres "

My understanding is COVID-19 is a heavier particle that drops quickly to the floor after 6 feet of being expelled , unlike lighter airborne virus

"

My understanding is COVID-19 is a heavier particle that drops quickly to the floor after 6 feet of being expelled , unlike lighter airborne virus "

I think it's the other way around - covid 19 is smaller so travels further.

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

"

My understanding is COVID-19 is a heavier particle that drops quickly to the floor after 6 feet of being expelled , unlike lighter airborne virus

I think it's the other way around - covid 19 is smaller so travels further."

If it is a deep cough involving the lower respiratory tract then the particles are smaller, so for pneumonia and bronchitis infections for example, which is also why we need a good fitted face mask if people wish to wear one

Dubai / Nottingham

"

I think it's the other way around - covid 19 is smaller so travels further."

No it’s definitely a heavier particle so not airborne and it has a layer of fat that makes it live on hard surfaces for longer. This is why fairly liquid or anything that’s degreasing is effective

On Jeremy vine this morning, they said a sneeze can travel 8 metres "

I seen that and was willing him to catch his finger when he retracted the tape

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Planes, buses and other transport could be refitted with greater distance between seats and overhead grabs for those standing - buses, trains. They might also enforce fewer passengers, more train carriages - platforms permiting - which operators have used to lower their costs.

These measures might make some operators unprofitable, if their model is to cram people, even if fares increase. They may be willing to take a shorter-term hit, if just for a few months.

Many countries use Advance Passenger information, to approve or deny journey starts, or passengers could be forced to return at their own cost, requiring some registered health data, for example.

Restaurants, cafes, bars, work desks and gyms etc, could introduce greater distances between users.

Personal intimate services, hair, beauty, massage etc may request health confirmation.

I think greater mask usage could be standard, as others state, though evidence is a little limited, even if infected.

Would fab introduce health data requirements, if used widely elsewhere?

It's possible, though difficult now for the UK, to eradicate the virus, if no one entered the country.

The UK and citizens may become pariahs elsewhere, if viewed as higher risk than native citizens there.

If good, effective drugs can treat symptoms are found quickly, before a vaccine, that would reduce the levels of perceived danger, almost towards levels of other diseases.

Will people have fewer partners? Probably for a while and perhaps some activities perceived as higher risk of transmission will be much reduced.

It all depends on how well we do to keep infection levels low, how medicine progresses and the impacts on the economy, as fewer people with disposable income will affect some business response viability.

"

No it’s definitely a heavier particle so not airborne and it has a layer of fat that makes it live on hard surfaces for longer. This is why fairly liquid or anything that’s degreasing is effective "

Not according to research from 4 days ago . . .

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spread-in-supermarket-11971373

in Lancashire

"Travel will be interesting if people have to sit 2m apart on a plane, train or coach etc..

Do you think certain types of travel, restaurants etc could become luxury items ? Space itself will become an expensive item. Maybe will will build up instead of out and use more glass and technology in shared spaces "

I think the days of a short break to the continent are certainly on hold, even though there'll be pressure from the tourism industries everywhere to try and get to some sort of new normal I can't see national governments wanting the possibility of further cases upon their health services..

Until immunity or vaccination then yes space itself will be expensive..

Dubai / Nottingham

Do you think certain types of travel, restaurants etc could become luxury items ? Space itself will become an expensive item. Maybe will will build up instead of out and use more glass and technology in shared spaces

I think the days of a short break to the continent are certainly on hold, even though there'll be pressure from the tourism industries everywhere to try and get to some sort of new normal I can't see national governments wanting the possibility of further cases upon their health services..

Until immunity or vaccination then yes space itself will be expensive.. "

Novel virus as a concept could be here to stay, they ate very clever and adapt because of thier animal origins. I’ve heard COVID-19 described as a molecular phishing scam , telling the ACE-2 receptor it has important info about blood pressure

in Lancashire

"

Travel will be interesting if people have to sit 2m apart on a plane, train or coach etc..

Until immunity or vaccination then yes space itself will be expensive..

Novel virus as a concept could be here to stay, they ate very clever and adapt because of thier animal origins. I’ve heard COVID-19 described as a molecular phishing scam , telling the ACE-2 receptor it has important info about blood pressure "

That's interesting, we are on the c19 tracking app from King's college etc and I was asked about blood pressure the other week but Lynn wasn't..

"

No it’s definitely a heavier particle so not airborne and it has a layer of fat that makes it live on hard surfaces for longer. This is why fairly liquid or anything that’s degreasing is effective "

they have found it lingering In air in man6h places. Hospital hallways . It was definately in the air. And a recent report said the distance needed was much more than the 2m currently being imposed x

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

"Planes, buses and other transport could be refitted with greater distance between seats and overhead grabs for those standing - buses, trains. They might also enforce fewer passengers, more train carriages - platforms permiting - which operators have used to lower their costs.

These measures might make some operators unprofitable, if their model is to cram people, even if fares increase. They may be willing to take a shorter-term hit, if just for a few months.

Many countries use Advance Passenger information, to approve or deny journey starts, or passengers could be forced to return at their own cost, requiring some registered health data, for example.

Restaurants, cafes, bars, work desks and gyms etc, could introduce greater distances between users.

Personal intimate services, hair, beauty, massage etc may request health confirmation.

I think greater mask usage could be standard, as others state, though evidence is a little limited, even if infected.

Would fab introduce health data requirements, if used widely elsewhere?

It's possible, though difficult now for the UK, to eradicate the virus, if no one entered the country.

The UK and citizens may become pariahs elsewhere, if viewed as higher risk than native citizens there.

If good, effective drugs can treat symptoms are found quickly, before a vaccine, that would reduce the levels of perceived danger, almost towards levels of other diseases.

Will people have fewer partners? Probably for a while and perhaps some activities perceived as higher risk of transmission will be much reduced.

It all depends on how well we do to keep infection levels low, how medicine progresses and the impacts on the economy, as fewer people with disposable income will affect some business response viability. "

I very much doubt airlines and transportation companies will make allowances for distancing on aircraft, trains and busses.

Its all about bums on seats and cost per passenger.

I don't think your men from Ryan Air and Easy Jet will be ripping out seats from aircraft as the business models are build on cost per head.

Dubai / Nottingham

"

No it’s definitely a heavier particle so not airborne and it has a layer of fat that makes it live on hard surfaces for longer. This is why fairly liquid or anything that’s degreasing is effective

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spread-in-supermarket-11971373"

That’s an interesting and worrying development, the compliance training we did was from the WHO and emphasised this concept of particles dropping quickly to the ground after 6 feet. I guess it’s so early we’re still discovering this stuff

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-3d-model-reveals-how-covid-19-can-spread-in-supermarket-11971373

That’s an interesting and worrying development, the compliance training we did was from the WHO and emphasised this concept of particles dropping quickly to the ground after 6 feet. I guess it’s so early we’re still discovering this stuff "

It was always nonsense

We are not discovering it

I'm not sure why the arbitrary 2m I guess they hoped it would be enough for us to manage outside and limit the spread to a manageable quantity

I'd suggest the infection rate by radius is on a curve

However people move into radius

I'd also suggest time in suspension should be considered equally to distance traveled

And I also think one needs to be aware of how air moves inc ventilation systems

That said being blunt

It appears that cases requiring hospital have near plateaued at a manageable rate

It seems we will need people to be infected

Increasing distance reducing transmission will not stop the slow inevitable spread only the rate and the length of time mum or gran will be locked up with zero contact

So indeed absolutely we could do more to slow the spread

It will slow the death and infection rate

Will it irradicate the virus

I really hope so but cannot see how

Thus the infections and deaths will on the end balance to the same numbers unless a vaccination

I'll say that again

Your mum or gran grandad or dad brother with copd will have to remain totally isolated until either a vaccine or most humans they could ever interact with have had the virus????

I hope I'm totally wrong please let me be wrong

It seems the human pallet can accept the same numbers of deaths over longer time but I cannot see how without a vaccination vulnerable people will ever be safe or very diligent use of ppe ?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

On Jeremy vine this morning, they said a sneeze can travel 8 metres

My understanding is COVID-19 is a heavier particle that drops quickly to the floor after 6 feet of being expelled

, unlike lighter airborne virus "

Yes but it's coming at you at 80 miles an hour!

By *limmatureguyMan  over a year ago

Tonbridge

WHO consider you are at risk if you live with an infected person or you are within 2m of an infected person for more than 15 minutes. The current lockdown rules are overkill.

However restaurants will have to move their tables further apart so reducing the number of covers. Not sure what will happen with barbers and hairdressers though.

for me its simple.

I will only let close within my personal space im comfortable with.

and if im not comfortable with you, you will be required to fill out a document explaining where you have been in the last month and who you have been around.

only then will I let you in.

Dubai / Nottingham

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 20:26:11]

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"Other than keeping very healthy - which doesn’t prevent you getting the virus just decreases your chances of being ill - 2m distancing seems the way to prevent getting it and I believe will be here to stay for a long time in some shape or form.

"

Think social distancing will become a part of everyday life for a along time to come, even after a successful vaccine has be developed.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

I think we should all get hula hoops that have a 2m radius. The person stands in the middle, attaches the hula hoop a la Bobo the Clown and hey presto! Built in social distancing. The undergarments worn under most wedding dresses would also work. Don't thank me all at once people

By *ensualtouch15Man  over a year ago

ashby de la zouch

"I think we should all get hula hoops that have a 2m radius. The person stands in the middle, attaches the hula hoop a la Bobo the Clown and hey presto! Built in social distancing. The undergarments worn under most wedding dresses would also work. Don't thank me all at once people "

I eat lentils spinach pinto beans and garlic. I dont get the issue people have with social distancing

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

A big rubber bubble, that would be fun manoeuvring around the supermarkets isle.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I think we should all get hula hoops that have a 2m radius. The person stands in the middle, attaches the hula hoop a la Bobo the Clown and hey presto! Built in social distancing. The undergarments worn under most wedding dresses would also work. Don't thank me all at once people

I eat lentils spinach pinto beans and garlic. I dont get the issue people have with social distancing "

I'm sure you fart rainbows, Sensual

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"

That’s an interesting and worrying development, the compliance training we did was from the WHO and emphasised this concept of particles dropping quickly to the ground after 6 feet. I guess it’s so early we’re still discovering this stuff "

Is that the same WHO who on January 18th said that there is 'no evidence' of human to human spread of corona virus!?

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

"

That’s an interesting and worrying development, the compliance training we did was from the WHO and emphasised this concept of particles dropping quickly to the ground after 6 feet. I guess it’s so early we’re still discovering this stuff

Is that the same WHO who on January 18th said that there is 'no evidence' of human to human spread of corona virus!?"

Probably the same WHO that didn't get to Wuhan until Jan 20 and on Jan 23 warned of a 4% death rate, human to human transmission and the possible exporting of CV19 to any country.

» Add a new message to this topic