FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Starting to relax the lockdown.

Starting to relax the lockdown.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *teveanddebs OP   Couple  over a year ago

Norwich

It looks like restrictions on travelling to a second home have been lifted. What comes next?

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *artsomersetMan  over a year ago

Taunton

Since when?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"It looks like restrictions on travelling to a second home have been lifted. What comes next?"
not seen that anywhere

By *artsomersetMan  over a year ago

Taunton

I think he is being optimistic

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"I think he is being optimistic "
I think hes being sarcastic

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I've not seen this mentioned anywhere either.

Maybe OP has formed this opinion based on the fact that the PM & his fiancè have moved to Chequers

By *typical guyMan  over a year ago

wigan

Let me guess, you are refering to/winging about boris convalescing at chequers?

"I think he is being optimistic I think hes being sarcastic "
I did think that. But as downing street is still the working head of the country. It makes sense that Boris isnt there while he is recovering

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"I think he is being optimistic I think hes being sarcastic I did think that. But as downing street is still the working head of the country. It makes sense that Boris isnt there while he is recovering "

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

"It looks like restrictions on travelling to a second home have been lifted. What comes next?"

Restrictions will be addressed on Thursday.

Norwich

"I've not seen this mentioned anywhere either.

Maybe OP has formed this opinion based on the fact that the PM & his fiancè have moved to Chequers"

Bingo. He is obviously leading by example.

Norwich

"Let me guess, you are refering to/winging about boris convalescing at chequers?"

I'm not winging (sic) about anything. It's a reasonable assumption to make.

By *arvest 84Man  over a year ago

SCAWBY, NEAR , BRIGG.

cant see the lockdown being lifted for months,------- just think about it, ------ we are not at the peak yet, ---- then we will have a few weeks at the peak ---- then a few more weeks going out of the peak . then they will have to lift the lockdown slowly, or if we all mingle to soon, there will be a 2nd wave.----

with no cure and no vaccination this will go on for the foreseeable.

By *oggoneMan  over a year ago

Derry

Maybe OP has formed this opinion based on the fact that the PM & his fiancè have moved to Chequers

Bingo. He is obviously leading by example."

Nope, He gets a pass on this one. It makes sense. He will need rest, recovery and maybe more care away from the media. Downing street is the office with accommodation, not ideal for rest if there are alternatives. Cheap shot, tbh.

By *ensualbicockMan  over a year ago

liverpool wavertree picton clock

It's not even reached it's peak yet. We're on lockdown at least for the next few weeks.

Nope, He gets a pass on this one. It makes sense. He will need rest, recovery and maybe more care away from the media. Downing street is the office with accommodation, not ideal for rest if there are alternatives. Cheap shot, tbh."

Part of me agrees that Downing Street isn’t ideal but I do think it looks quite bad. Let’s be honest, the flats in Downing Street aren’t going to be poky little places.

carrbrook stalybridge

along with his dad whos left london for his country pile as well leading by example we see

carrbrook stalybridge

along with his dad whos left london for his country pile as well leading by example we see

On the news this morning

Nothing’s changing.

Increased in cases up north & midlands.

Stay home.

Being reviewed Thursday as per news feed , no change so it’s still stay at home for majority

wigan

"Let me guess, you are refering to/winging about boris convalescing at chequers?

I'm not winging (sic) about anything. It's a reasonable assumption to make."

He would have to travel regardless. Might as well go to the one more suitable for, recovering in. The man has just come out of intensive care he hasn't just decided he wants a change of scenery.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Let me guess, you are refering to/winging about boris convalescing at chequers?

I'm not winging (sic) about anything. It's a reasonable assumption to make.

He would have to travel regardless. Might as well go to the one more suitable for, recovering in. The man has just come out of intensive care he hasn't just decided he wants a change of scenery. "

Nope, He gets a pass on this one. It makes sense. He will need rest, recovery and maybe more care away from the media. Downing street is the office with accommodation, not ideal for rest if there are alternatives. Cheap shot, tbh.

Part of me agrees that Downing Street isn’t ideal but I do think it looks quite bad. Let’s be honest, the flats in Downing Street aren’t going to be poky little places. "

I agree

I'm not a big boris fan but I find this a bit of a joke as many people leave hospital after this will possibly go to a home of convalescence to free up beds in hospital...what would you say to them people?

would it not be allow?

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

"cant see the lockdown being lifted for months,------- just think about it, ------ we are not at the peak yet, ---- then we will have a few weeks at the peak ---- then a few more weeks going out of the peak . then they will have to lift the lockdown slowly, or if we all mingle to soon, there will be a 2nd wave.----

with no cure and no vaccination this will go on for the foreseeable. "

Absolutely right . Beyond belief people thinking otherwise. Maybe they will think differently when they see what looks like another 20000 deaths to come in the next few weeks.

"cant see the lockdown being lifted for months,------- just think about it, ------ we are not at the peak yet, ---- then we will have a few weeks at the peak ---- then a few more weeks going out of the peak . then they will have to lift the lockdown slowly, or if we all mingle to soon, there will be a 2nd wave.----

Most of it will be lifted by June at the latest I would imagine

By *imes_berksMan  over a year ago

Bracknell

It's obviously a dig at the PM. I don't know the answer but if he is recovering (I saw it stated that 1 day in icu equates to a week recovering) does that mean that he cannot pass on the virus from his body internally (eg coughing etc)?

Bracknell

"It's obviously a dig at the PM. I don't know the answer but if he is recovering (I saw it stated that 1 day in icu equates to a week recovering) does that mean that he cannot pass on the virus from his body internally (eg coughing etc)?"

I'm not sure when you are classified as being immune!

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"It looks like restrictions on travelling to a second home have been lifted..."

Incorrect

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Nope, He gets a pass on this one. It makes sense. He will need rest, recovery and maybe more care away from the media. Downing street is the office with accommodation, not ideal for rest if there are alternatives. Cheap shot, tbh."

Not really because the government stipulated no travelling to second homes. One Minister resigned over it! Boris should follow his own rules IMO.

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

What's your source OP? Or is this fake news?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

He’s just come out of hospital and has been told to rest. You can’t rest in your place of work I’m my opinion. We wouldn’t be expected to.

Leeds

"He’s just come out of hospital and has been told to rest. You can’t rest in your place of work I’m my opinion. We wouldn’t be expected to. "

What is Boris’s usual place of residence? His base? His postal address? Remind me please.

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"He’s just come out of hospital and has been told to rest. You can’t rest in your place of work I’m my opinion. We wouldn’t be expected to. "

Quite right

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 13:37:16]

"He’s just come out of hospital and has been told to rest. You can’t rest in your place of work I’m my opinion. We wouldn’t be expected to.

What is Boris’s usual place of residence? His base? His postal address? Remind me please."

I’m not sure you really need a reminder??

It is also his place of work so it wouldn’t make sense for his recovery.

As I said on another thread people are discharged from hospital to a different address from where they were admitted all the time. Discharging him to where he will recover and rehabilitate best is perfectly sensible.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Totally agree

"As I said on another thread people are discharged from hospital to a different address from where they were admitted all the time. Discharging him to where he will recover and rehabilitate best is perfectly sensible. "

chelmsford

"As I said on another thread people are discharged from hospital to a different address from where they were admitted all the time. Discharging him to where he will recover and rehabilitate best is perfectly sensible. "

Makes perfect sense

Bracknell

"It's obviously a dig at the PM. I don't know the answer but if he is recovering (I saw it stated that 1 day in icu equates to a week recovering) does that mean that he cannot pass on the virus from his body internally (eg coughing etc)?

I'm not sure when you are classified as being immune!"

Ah just seen that Boris was tested negative for the virus before leaving hospital. Ergo assume he has immunity

"It's obviously a dig at the PM. I don't know the answer but if he is recovering (I saw it stated that 1 day in icu equates to a week recovering) does that mean that he cannot pass on the virus from his body internally (eg coughing etc)?

I'm not sure when you are classified as being immune!

Ah just seen that Boris was tested negative for the virus before leaving hospital. Ergo assume he has immunity"

it means he no longer has it... so should be but there is still no guarentee as yet

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

He is not in a broom cupboard size place in Downing street but if he was, you can recover from an illness in a small place just the same as in a bigger place. Lost of people have to

Forum Mod

O o O oo

There is accommodation at Downing street away from the work

Social distancing will be encouraged wherever possible, from now on, until an effective treatment or vaccine is in place. By the end of April, some businesses will be allowed to reopen, travel bans will be lifted and the economy will, gradually, be allowed to get up and running. It has to or there may be a reduction of businesses, leading to massive unemployment. Home working will still be advised and we will he encouraged to download the NHS app which (like South Korea) allows for efficient contract tracing. This will be rolled out with the warning that, without it, we may face further lock downs. Initial deaths figure will be around 20k. The final death toll, over the next 12-24mths, before full vaccination has taken place, will he considerably higher.

"He’s just come out of hospital and has been told to rest. You can’t rest in your place of work I’m my opinion. We wouldn’t be expected to.

There is accommodation at Downing street away from the work"

10 Downing Street has 100 rooms apparently. I don’t think he would rest in the same building though. My mind has just conjured up a vision of him strolling the corridors in his slippers and dressing gown Joking apart, he does need to rest.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

PS if the reports are true, he lives at number 11 which is bigger and has four bedrooms. Number 10 has two bedrooms

It also has a garden of half an acre

Derry

He is not in a broom cupboard size place in Downing street but if he was, you can recover from an illness in a small place just the same as in a bigger place. Lost of people have to"

Sure, he could be in Downing St, but he has more privacy in Chequers and I think that the real reason why he is there. Don't you think its unusual to go from ICU to discharge in 48 hours. The public messaging about his treatment is a bit odd to me.

I was treated in hospital for pneumonia in my early 20s, probably in the best physical condition ever. After my discharge I was still wiped out for weeks. Boris is overweight mid 50s, he smoked and I'm sure he liked to party. I think he's going to need plenty of rest and being away from the glare of the media allows the messaging to be controlled much better.

Norwich

"What's your source OP? Or is this fake news? "

My source was the BBC yesterday. They said Boris was recuperating at Chequers.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 16:30:19]

Norwich

He is not in a broom cupboard size place in Downing street but if he was, you can recover from an illness in a small place just the same as in a bigger place. Lost of people have to

Sure, he could be in Downing St, but he has more privacy in Chequers and I think that the real reason why he is there. Don't you think its unusual to go from ICU to discharge in 48 hours. The public messaging about his treatment is a bit odd to me.

I was treated in hospital for pneumonia in my early 20s, probably in the best physical condition ever. After my discharge I was still wiped out for weeks. Boris is overweight mid 50s, he smoked and I'm sure he liked to party. I think he's going to need plenty of rest and being away from the glare of the media allows the messaging to be controlled much better.

You are missing the point.

It matters not where we would WANT to stay , we don't have a choice and yet the very person who has decided this and told us not to do it is doing the total opposite.

If I had two homes, came out of Hospital and decided to drive to my second home because it was a nicer house to rest in and the police caught me on the way I could potentially be told to go back / fined, or both.

I don't know how anyone can deny this is double standards. He should be leading by example

"

Exactly

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I was treated in hospital for pneumonia in my early 20s, probably in the best physical condition ever. After my discharge I was still wiped out for weeks. Boris is overweight mid 50s, he smoked and I'm sure he liked to party. I think he's going to need plenty of rest and being away from the glare of the media allows the messaging to be controlled much better. "

He has privacy at Downing street

It matters not where we would WANT to stay though, we don't have a choice and yet the very person who has decided this and told us not to do it is doing the total opposite.

If I had two homes, came out of Hospital and decided to drive to my second home because it was a nicer house to rest in and the police caught me on the way I could potentially be told to go back / fined, or both.

I don't know how anyone can deny this is double standards. He should be leading by example

[Removed by poster at 13/04/20 16:30:02]

wigan

It matters not where we would WANT to stay though, we don't have a choice and yet the very person who has decided this and told us not to do it is doing the total opposite.

"

I doubt anyone travelling on their way from bring discharged from intensive care would be fined. It's a medical reason, which is allowed.

Leeds

I doubt anyone travelling on their way from bring discharged from intensive care would be fined. It's a medical reason, which is allowed."

Why not?

Boris told us not to travel to a second home, yet he has done exactly that. It’s not reassuring at all.

By *mmabluTV/TS  over a year ago

upton wirral

Hope not we need things to stay the same and the army getting PPE to where it is needed,this government is to indesisive and needs to make tough decisions and not worry about being popular,election is five years away

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I doubt anyone travelling on their way from bring discharged from intensive care would be fined. It's a medical reason, which is allowed."

No me neither

What about driving to a second home miles away from where you are discharged from Hospital when your first home was a mile away?

wigan

I doubt anyone travelling on their way from bring discharged from intensive care would be fined. It's a medical reason, which is allowed.

Why not?

Boris told us not to travel to a second home, yet he has done exactly that. It’s not reassuring at all. "

Erm, because it is a medical reason like I said. Once you have recovered you have to be discharged and go somewhere. I doubt anyone suggesting that he should be returned to rest mere meters away from his job, one of the most responsible and stressful their is, would do so themselves if they had somewhere more suitable.

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

Does it really matter where he goes, as he’s had it and recovered he now has immunity ?

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

Perhaps because he's been tested and proven to be clear and no danger to anyone else, whereas the rest of us haven't - hence the restrictions..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Does it really matter where he goes, as he’s had it and recovered he now has immunity ?"

Yes if he wants to lead by example

I can't understand why people continue to defend double standards.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I wonder if travelling to convalesce is allowed under the restrictions?

By *ess n BenCouple  over a year ago

Didcot

Just said on tv restrictions will most likely not be lifted this week but will stay in place as we have not hit the peak yet

here

"Does it really matter where he goes, as he’s had it and recovered he now has immunity ?

I can't understand why people continue to defend double standards."

But he isn’t currently leading

By *aulupforitMan  over a year ago

Hexham

More chance of a total lockdown with tools still ignoring the advice.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Does it really matter where he goes, as he’s had it and recovered he now has immunity ?

"

I think you are clutching at straws now. It is fine if you and others want to defend him or anyone else for that matter, but you are looking a bit silly by saying things like the above while doing that

wigan

"

No me neither

What about driving to a second home miles away from where you are discharged from Hospital when your first home was a mile away? "

If the first home was actually your workplace and not suitable for convalescing then would you risk your health? As the leader of this country we need him fully recovered and back to work, not back in icu.

wigan

"I wonder if travelling to convalesce is allowed under the restrictions?

"

People seem to be ignoring that travel for medical reasons are allowed, as is travel to assist the vulnerable. Leaving intensive care qualifies as both IMO.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

"I'm not a big boris fan but I find this a bit of a joke as many people leave hospital after this will possibly go to a home of convalescence to free up beds in hospital...what would you say to them people?

would it not be allow?"

People leaving hospital will be going to the Nightingale hospitals to recuperate to free up beds as some people do relapse. That’s why they were set up.

Paisley

"I wonder if travelling to convalesce is allowed under the restrictions?

"

They’ll be going to the Nightingale hospitals to convalesce. That’s why they were set up.

Paisley

Seems as if a lot of people don’t actually pay attention to what is said officially regarding the restrictions.

Patients will convalesce at the field hospitals set up in various places to free up hospital beds. Some of these should’ve been used to quarantine people at the first signs of Covid and for those coming off flights.

here

I think you are clutching at straws now. It is fine if you and others want to defend him or anyone else for that matter, but you are looking a bit silly by saying things like the above while doing that

"

I’ll stop now

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1005389

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No me neither

What about driving to a second home miles away from where you are discharged from Hospital when your first home was a mile away?

If the first home was actually your workplace and not suitable for convalescing then would you risk your health? As the leader of this country we need him fully recovered and back to work, not back in icu. "

It is suitable to live in for most of the year when he is not using his second home for weekends away. You are not risking your health by living in a self contained flat in Downing street be that a two bedroomed flat with half an acre of garden in No .10 or a four bedroomed one in No.11

I agree, he needs to get well before he can go back to work, but surely he can get well in perfectly adequate accommodation where he lives best part of the year? Unless obviously people know different and it is a hovel

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I’ll stop now

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/virus/1005389 "

The subject is people using second homes , are you saying you have changed it to be political now?

By *eatrice BadinageWoman  over a year ago

In a Sparkly Dress

He has now got reduced lung function, there is nothing stopping him catching a cold and that developing into pneumonia and boom back in hospital, at least he can recover with his family I'd be bricking it if I were him.

wigan

"

No me neither

If the first home was actually your workplace and not suitable for convalescing then would you risk your health? As the leader of this country we need him fully recovered and back to work, not back in icu.

It is suitable to live in for most of the year when he is not using his second home for weekends away. You are not risking your health by living in a self contained flat in Downing street be that a two bedroomed flat with half an acre of garden in No .10 or a four bedroomed one in No.11

I agree, he needs to get well before he can go back to work, but surely he can get well in perfectly adequate accommodation where he lives best part of the year? Unless obviously people know different and it is a hovel

"

A hovel? I reckon you are clutching at straws now.

Derry

I’ll stop now

The subject is people using second homes , are you saying you have changed it to be political now? "

Its not a straight forward issue of a second home being used. Its totally different from a holiday home being used. 48 hours after being released from an ICU he is discharged from hospital. I would say he still needs a high level of medical care and will have to be monitored in case of relapse. This way they can control the message much better. Information would leak if he was in downing st.

And separate to the above, Boris isn't 'one of us'. Don't expect him to pretend to be.

I genuinely don’t feel that there is anything wrong in him going where he has and I’m a stickler for the rules. Be it number 10 or the flat at number 11, it is still associated with work and I suspect he has been strongly advised to keep away from work. Too much temptation if he stays there. We don’t even know if he had any choice in the matter.

He was taken one hour away from the hospital. He hasn’t travelled the length of the country and it’s not a holiday.

I do the understand the point people are making of course but I see it as I’ve said.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No me neither

A hovel? I reckon you are clutching at straws now. "

I reckon you are not reading the post properly or your comment is because you have no answer for the rest of my post that was a different perspective than yours

it is fine, you don't have to agree with what I say, but it would have been good to address it to keep the debate going rather than deflect

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I’ll stop now

The subject is people using second homes , are you saying you have changed it to be political now?

Its not a straight forward issue of a second home being used. Its totally different from a holiday home being used. 48 hours after being released from an ICU he is discharged from hospital. I would say he still needs a high level of medical care and will have to be monitored in case of relapse. This way they can control the message much better. Information would leak if he was in downing st.

And separate to the above, Boris isn't 'one of us'. Don't expect him to pretend to be."

Could his condition be leaked out of chequers or is it just Downing street that that would happen?

wigan

"

No me neither

I reckon you are not reading the post properly or your comment is because you have no answer for the rest of my post that was a different perspective than yours

it is fine, you don't have to agree with what I say, but it would have been good to address it to keep the debate going rather than deflect

"

How am I not reading the post properly?

As for deflecting, you have ignored what I said about it being within the rules for him to travel and instead choosing to make a random and unfounded claim that his accommodation is a hovel. You also accused another poster of clutching at straw so if I am deflecting, so are you.

I have made plenty of points and joined the debate whereas you, and others are just on a witch hunt.

As for the rest of your post you claim I have avoided, I ave already addressed it by saying that chequers is a more suitable place to recover and that I doubt anyone would move into their work accommodation after coming out of icu, if they had an better alternative. I also pointed out it is allowable within the rules but you seem to be ignoring that in favour of trying to make out I am not debating.

Check out what boris has been doing to Yeman, it would make you sick, but as per usual no one gives a shit.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

No me neither

As for deflecting, you have ignored what I said about it being within the rules for him to travel and instead choosing to make a random and unfounded claim that his accommodation is a hovel.

"

You should read the post again

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Check out what boris has been doing to Yeman, it would make you sick, but as per usual no one gives a shit. "

That's a bit of a random post, maybe start another thread

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

Is this wishful thinking?

Or did you read that somewhere?

Derry

I’ll stop now

And separate to the above, Boris isn't 'one of us'. Don't expect him to pretend to be.

Could his condition be leaked out of chequers or is it just Downing street that that would happen?"

Its more likely to leak from downing street. There's a greater number of people working in and around downing street, both civil servants and govt members. The media would have their sources there and god forbid it might leak that a consultant from St Thomas is doing house calls or he has a private nurse.

"Is this wishful thinking?

Or did you read that somewhere? "

No sadly it's true, there is loads of info on this just have a wee look, so as you can imagine I don't care for boris very much

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Its more likely to leak from downing street. There's a greater number of people working in and around downing street, both civil servants and govt members. The media would have their sources there and god forbid it might leak that a consultant from St Thomas is doing house calls or he has a private nurse. "

Sad to think you can't trust the people you work with.

wigan

"

No me neither

As for deflecting, you have ignored what I said about it being within the rules for him to travel and instead choosing to make a random and unfounded claim that his accommodation is a hovel.

You should read the post again "

I just see you saying downing st is good enough to live in.

Downing st might be more than adequate facilities wise but the problem is the environment within. I would imagine there is quite a lot going on there with it being central to the operation of the government in the middle of the biggest crises in modern times. Being stuck in a room adjacent to that is hardly going to help him rest and recuperate from his visit to ICU.

He can and should be somewhere more appropriate and the rules allow him (and us) to do it. Even if they didn't, as he is the leader you cant claim double standards as it is exceptional circumstances.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Downing st might be more than adequate facilities wise but the problem is the environment within. I would imagine there is quite a lot going on there with it being central to the operation of the government in the middle of the biggest crises in modern times. Being stuck in a room adjacent to that is hardly going to help him rest and recuperate from his visit to ICU.

He can and should be somewhere more appropriate and the rules allow him (and us) to do it. Even if they didn't, as he is the leader you cant claim double standards as it is exceptional circumstances.

"

You did see me say it is an adequate home to stay in yes. He self isolated there. Staff didn't enter his private quarters.

You also saw me saying it was a hovel, which wasn't what I said.

The rules don't say we can use a second home for medical reasons...it says one of the reasons we can go out is if you have an appointment for medical reasons.

Other people may think their reasons are exceptional circumstances to want to drive to their second homes but I don't think that would wash with the Police.They have carpeted people for it

For clarity, I personally don't care where he is staying to recuperate , he has a country to run so let him just go get well enough and then get back when he is OK.

What I have an issue with is the double standards of it all, which I can say if it is what I think

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Also people leaving hospital in the South West are being discharged to converted hotels to recover, is that not allowed?

I agree with "rugby", he should be in best place to speed his recovery.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It says

"We are currently working on a number of potential options around Devon for creating additional residential care facilities for those with health and care needs being discharged from hospital in case existing care home capacity becomes insufficient."

So I am guessing those people have no where to go, so are being moved to Hotels rather than bed blocking until homes become available

chelmsford

Boris is a human being and he should go where is best for him to recuperate. How would any of you feel of it were your loved one?

By *reat me rightWoman  over a year ago

Rotherham

Carrie isnt with him they've not seen each other in above a month

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

Carrie isnt with him they've not seen each other in above a month"

she was with him in car yesterday when they left downing street for Chequers

chelmsford

Carrie isnt with him they've not seen each other in above a month"

They are at Chequers together

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

They are at Chequers together"

They have both now recovered from it so see no problem myself.

chelmsford

They are at Chequers togetherThey have both now recovered from it so see no problem myself."

Me neither

wigan

"

You did see me say it is an adequate home to stay in yes. He self isolated there. Staff didn't enter his private quarters.

You also saw me saying it was a hovel, which wasn't what I said.

The rules don't say we can use a second home for medical reasons...it says one of the reasons we can go out is if you have an appointment for medical reasons.

Other people may think their reasons are exceptional circumstances to want to drive to their second homes but I don't think that would wash with the Police.They have carpeted people for it

For clarity, I personally don't care where he is staying to recuperate , he has a country to run so let him just go get well enough and then get back when he is OK.

What I have an issue with is the double standards of it all, which I can say if it is what I think

"

He did self isolate there, didnt help him recover much did it?

Whilst you didnt say it was a hovel, it was you that brought it to question.

Other people setting of to their second home are not the PM, however if they where coming out of hospital after being in icu they will be allowed to relocate if needed. As shown by another members example of people being put into hotels.

This issue about double standards, do you think everyone should be allowed to relocate to their second home, should they have one?

People like the op are exactly the type of peso / people that make angry.

First he has just recovered from losing his life(yes I know like lots of others, and others that are not as lucky( yes I know it’s boris’ fault))

Second, instead of always looking at the negative just realise we are in a situation that is unprecedented. Looking for the smallest of potential things to moan really make people silly.

Thirdly, to many people have to much of a sense of self importance. Yes if I die my friends and family would miss me... I hope. But no one would care. If the pm died it’s clearly a different situation. Please explain why you think you should be treated the same as him? The only thing done people would do is see the death of a high profile person like him as a cheap shot at politics.

I’ve always thought it but it’s abundantly clear political followers are one hundred time’s worse than football supporters, and deep down horrible people. The thing s I read on here and twitter (I know) shock me. I know they shouldn’t. Always looking to score cheap points instead of looking at things clearly and logically.

I generally have no time for politics or politicians but I think the government has done ok in the circumstances. It to easy to sit on the outside locked in your house, second facts, push opinions as facts and criticise when you don’t know the whole story.

I’ve bored myself now...

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

Other people setting of to their second home are not the PM, however if they where coming out of hospital after being in icu they will be allowed to relocate if needed. As shown by another members example of people being put into hotels.

This issue about double standards, do you think everyone should be allowed to relocate to their second home, should they have one?

"

To be fair, you don't seem to be reading what people are writing / choosing to twist it / or don't comprehend what is written so me answering this post won't help the debate any further.

So to sum up for me, if the rule is that people can't travel to use a second home, then it has to be the same rule for everyone.

"Check out what boris has been doing to Yeman, it would make you sick, but as per usual no one gives a shit. "

Way off thread there.... but isn't it the H'uthi rebels, backed by Iran that kicked it all off?

Derry

"

To be fair, you don't seem to be reading what people are writing / choosing to twist it / or don't comprehend what is written so me answering this post won't help the debate any further.

So to sum up for me, if the rule is that people can't travel to use a second home, then it has to be the same rule for everyone."

I have no love at all for the man or what he represents and won't hesitate to criticise him but I can't equate these circumstances with someone travelling to their holiday home for easter.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Strange times: never thought I'd "defend" Boris but he gets a pass from me too.

The man looks awful and obviously needs rest. Who among us would recuperate at work? Downing Street is his work address so it makes sense to recuperate as fully as he can elsewhere.

Norwich

"

So to sum up for me, if the rule is that people can't travel to use a second home, then it has to be the same rule for everyone."

This exactly.

Norwich

" Who among us would recuperate at work? "

I'm guessing a lot of people have to. Shop keepers, publicans etc. They don't all have the luxury of swanning off to the country. Even if they own a second home.

chelmsford

So assuming none of us have been in nos 10/11 downing street, I would think they are full of workers still and a working environment. He's best to be at chequers so he can recuperate as quickly as possible and get back to work. There will always be exceptions to the rules we have to follow.

Leeds

"So assuming none of us have been in nos 10/11 downing street, I would think they are full of workers still and a working environment. He's best to be at chequers so he can recuperate as quickly as possible and get back to work. There will always be exceptions to the rules we have to follow."

I imagine there will be living quarters at no. 10 and no. 11 and Boris lives at no. 10. He is flouncing a rule he made to the rest of the UK. Just shows he has double standards.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I think it's fine that he's there and I'm not a supporter. The lockdown is going to continue, though we may be supposedly relieved when told that potentially tighter restrictions have been avoided for now. But, could be reminded too that much tighter controls will be enforced if the public don't behave. Stick and carrot.

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"So assuming none of us have been in nos 10/11 downing street, I would think they are full of workers still and a working environment. He's best to be at chequers so he can recuperate as quickly as possible and get back to work. There will always be exceptions to the rules we have to follow.

I imagine there will be living quarters at no. 10 and no. 11 and Boris lives at no. 10. He is flouncing a rule he made to the rest of the UK. Just shows he has double standards."

The living quarters are private and and separate from the place of work yes..

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

[Removed by poster at 14/04/20 14:02:57]

wigan

"

It is the same rule for everyone. Anyone can use a second home. All you have to do is catch the virus, spend some time in icu and have a good reason to not return to your normal residence..

Btw, I have read, understood and directly replied to what people have written, why cant you?

chelmsford

"So assuming none of us have been in nos 10/11 downing street, I would think they are full of workers still and a working environment. He's best to be at chequers so he can recuperate as quickly as possible and get back to work. There will always be exceptions to the rules we have to follow.

I imagine there will be living quarters at no. 10 and no. 11 and Boris lives at no. 10. He is flouncing a rule he made to the rest of the UK. Just shows he has double standards."

He was actually staying at no 11. I still think it was better to be away from the hustle and bustle and get well so he can continue to do the job he is paid for.

By *hell and jCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

Heard today 3 more weeks yet xx but will defo find out thurs

Part of me agrees that Downing Street isn’t ideal but I do think it looks quite bad. Let’s be honest, the flats in Downing Street aren’t going to be poky little places. "

Exactly. #10 has over 100 rooms

chelmsford

I would imagine that others may have left ICU and gone to somewhere other than their home address, for instance, to relatives for them to recuperate, some have gone to care homes, is that ok?

I imagine there will be living quarters at no. 10 and no. 11 and Boris lives at no. 10. He is flouncing a rule he made to the rest of the UK. Just shows he has double standards.

He was actually staying at no 11. I still think it was better to be away from the hustle and bustle and get well so he can continue to do the job he is paid for."

I agree Samiss. And we don’t know if he was told to do this by advisers. It’s not an environment to recoup. I wouldn’t expect anyone to recover ‘above the shop’.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

Well he's had it so is now pretty much a free man now isn't he? He has antibodies.

In theory I suppose until these secondary infections is investigated.

chelmsford

He was actually staying at no 11. I still think it was better to be away from the hustle and bustle and get well so he can continue to do the job he is paid for.

I agree Samiss. And we don’t know if he was told to do this by advisers. It’s not an environment to recoup. I wouldn’t expect anyone to recover ‘above the shop’. "

Quite so, Babs, he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't sometimes. I would imagine he is keen to get back to work, as quickly as possible. He has an important job to do and yes I know lots of others do too. He was extremely ill, so I don't suppose it will be just yet.

chelmsford

"Well he's had it so is now pretty much a free man now isn't he? He has antibodies.

In theory I suppose until these secondary infections is investigated. "

Hopefully he does

By *abriellajackCouple  over a year ago

Newport

Are people honestly complaining about him not choosing to recuperate at 10 Downing Street? The ability of the British public to whinge and moan about every little thing is truly astounding.

chelmsford

Are people honestly complaining about him not choosing to recuperate at 10 Downing Street? The ability of the British public to whinge and moan about every little thing is truly astounding."

Yep!

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

It is the same rule for everyone. Anyone can use a second home. All you have to do is catch the virus, spend some time in icu and have a good reason to not return to your normal residence..

Btw, I have read, understood and directly replied to what people have written, why cant you?

"

Lets take The PM out of the equation and just lets go with the rule itself

I can only find this link about second homes, have you a link to the info about the exceptions to that rule?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Are people honestly complaining about him not choosing to recuperate at 10 Downing Street? The ability of the British public to whinge and moan about every little thing is truly astounding."

Yep!

wigan

"

Lets take The PM out of the equation and just lets go with the rule itself

I can only find this link about second homes, have you a link to the info about the exceptions to that rule?

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/covid-19-essential-travel-guidance"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-hospital-discharge-service-requirements the third pdf down.

Aside from that, there has been plenty of publicity about people moving out of the family home, be it nurses that are in contact with infected patients and dont want to infect vulnerable people at home, to the already mentioned examples of people being discharged to care homes and hotels.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

That link didn't work but I think I have found what you were trying to show me.

The way I am reading it is, if you are in Hospital at the moment you will be discharged with the care and support you need to a bed in the community. The care provided will be free of charge for a period of time to support your recovery. So basically they are still looking after you but they can't do it at the Hospital anymore because they are freeing up spaces in the Hospital for Covid patients which isn't the same as giving a green light for people to travel to your second home

Now maybe Boris is in the same boat and needs care while at home so rather than send him to a care home (no one would expect that to happen ) they have sent help home with him instead. If it was me and I could get away with it I would pick a bigger pile in the Country rather than a city pad to get well in, but we wouldn't be able to do that.

I know of nurses who moved out of their home before the lock down yes but that is for obvious reasons

Leeds

It’s not people whinging. He’s blatantly breaking his own rule. It’s double standards. Why can’t people see this?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's probably better for the country that he's gone to this location. London pollution is generally really terrible and not conducive to good lung health. Whilst driving and other pollution sources are down, it will still likely be much worse in central London than outside. The environment is also better suited to convalescence. I lived in the west-end for a long time and health gets suppressed there.

wigan

"That link didn't work but I think I have found what you were trying to show me.

The way I am reading it is, if you are in Hospital at the moment you will be discharged with the care and support you need to a bed in the community. The care provided will be free of charge for a period of time to support your recovery. So basically they are still looking after you but they can't do it at the Hospital anymore because they are freeing up spaces in the Hospital for Covid patients which isn't the same as giving a green light for people to travel to your second home

Now maybe Boris is in the same boat and needs care while at home so rather than send him to a care home (no one would expect that to happen ) they have sent help home with him instead. If it was me and I could get away with it I would pick a bigger pile in the Country rather than a city pad to get well in, but we wouldn't be able to do that.

I know of nurses who moved out of their home before the lock down yes but that is for obvious reasons

"

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-hospital-discharge-service-requirements

The third pdf down.

"It is important that our hospitals are ready to look after

people who contract coronavirus (COVID-19) and need

hospital care. Due to these pressures, once you no longer

need care in hospital, as decided by the health team

looking after you, you will be discharged. You will not have

a choice over your discharge, but it is always our priority

to discharge people to a safe and appropriate place.

In most cases this will be

to your home. You might

need some extra support,

for example with your

care needs or shopping.

If you require more

complex out of hospital

care, this could be in

another bed in the

community, for example

a residential nursing

home.

Your needs and

discharge arrangements

will be discussed with you"

Take note of the parts "it is always our priority

to discharge people to a safe and appropriate place" and "Your needs and discharge arrangements will be discussed with you"

You are still failing to see the distinction between people going to their second home because they want to, and people being discharged to somewhere more suitable to recover after being in intensive care. One is necessary, the other isn't.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Yeah the same sort of thing I read

It applies to us lot who maybe have no where to go while being sent away from hospital because of covid. they will provide a bed in a safe environment.

Non of this applied to Boris as he has a home to go to to receive care.

No matter how many times people say it, Downing Street is a suitable place for that and he could have gone there, he chose not to.

wigan

"Yeah the same sort of thing I read

It applies to us lot who maybe have no where to go while being sent away from hospital because of covid. they will provide a bed in a safe environment.

No matter how many times people say it, Downing Street is a suitable place for that and he could have gone there, he chose not to.

"

Downing street is the centre of government. Expecting someone to rest in the middle of continuous government operations when it their job is to be in charge of it all is absurd. A job which is one of the most stressful and responsible in the country during the most demanding point in recent times.

No matter how many times you say it, downing street is not a suitable place to recover. The accommodation and facilities might be more than adequate but the environment is not. It could cause untold stress, anxiety, lack of sleep all of which would hinder recovery. They may even have contributed to him ending up in hospital in the first place as we know he continued to work when self isolating.

Newport

Are people honestly complaining about him not choosing to recuperate at 10 Downing Street? The ability of the British public to whinge and moan about every little thing is truly astounding.

It’s not people whinging. He’s blatantly breaking his own rule. It’s double standards. Why can’t people see this? "

No it isn't. It's not a case of someone deciding they would rather live by the seaside for a bit so uprooting their family and taking them to a small village where they put extra strain on the limited resources they have whilst possibly spreading the virus further.

This is simply a man who is recovering having been in ICU and not choosing to recover in one of the most stressful places in the country. How can you not see that?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"They may even have contributed to him ending up in hospital in the first place as we know he continued to work when self isolating.

"

This bit I agree with you, you could see in his videos that he wasn't getting any better and then when he stood to clap for the NHS on the doorstep he looked even worse.

I think he probably should have rested up quicker than he did rather than work when he was in isolation. Although the way this Covid seems to happen is a random thing, some people get it mild and some it takes it's toll even if he had rested instead of working he may well have still got it as bad as he did

Leeds

It’s not people whinging. He’s blatantly breaking his own rule. It’s double standards. Why can’t people see this?

No it isn't. It's not a case of someone deciding they would rather live by the seaside for a bit so uprooting their family and taking them to a small village where they put extra strain on the limited resources they have whilst possibly spreading the virus further.

This is simply a man who is recovering having been in ICU and not choosing to recover in one of the most stressful places in the country. How can you not see that? "

Watch his speech from three weeks ago. People must stay in their own homes. Boris is flouncing rules he made. Double standards. It’s hard for me to trust a PM who does that.

wigan

"They may even have contributed to him ending up in hospital in the first place as we know he continued to work when self isolating.

This bit I agree with you, you could see in his videos that he wasn't getting any better and then when he stood to clap for the NHS on the doorstep he looked even worse.

I think he probably should have rested up quicker than he did rather than work when he was in isolation. Although the way this Covid seems to happen is a random thing, some people get it mild and some it takes it's toll even if he had rested instead of working he may well have still got it as bad as he did"

I suppose it must be hard to step away. He seems to have a sense of duty and responsibility and feel obligated to do his job. He wont be able to switch off and rest if he is stuck right next to the action. Sending him to chequers is the obvious solution.

wigan

This is simply a man who is recovering having been in ICU and not choosing to recover in one of the most stressful places in the country. How can you not see that?

Watch his speech from three weeks ago. People must stay in their own homes. Boris is flouncing rules he made. Double standards. It’s hard for me to trust a PM who does that. "

You are missing the key bit. People must stay at home, unless absoloutly necessary. Recovering from intensive care is quite necessary, esp when your job is PM.

People can leave the house for work, shopping, exercise, walking the dog, medical reasons, looking after the vulnerable etc. Have you left the house in the last three weeks?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I suppose it must be hard to step away. He seems to have a sense of duty and responsibility and feel obligated to do his job. He wont be able to switch off and rest if he is stuck right next to the action. Sending him to chequers is the obvious solution. "

I doubt if that will make him stop if he wouldn't stop before

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

Isn't his fiancee due to give birth really soon? Has he gone to Chequers so he's there and will do his paternity leave there also?

I thought he was in isolation in a flat above number 11, not in number 10?

I'd guess he can't go to his proper home as his ex wife is living there, possibly not good for his recovery or his current relationship

wigan

"

I'd guess he can't go to his proper home as his ex wife is living there, possibly not good for his recovery or his current relationship "

There is that..

wigan

"

I suppose it must be hard to step away. He seems to have a sense of duty and responsibility and feel obligated to do his job. He wont be able to switch off and rest if he is stuck right next to the action. Sending him to chequers is the obvious solution.

I doubt if that will make him stop if he wouldn't stop before"

Maybe, maybe not. One thing is sure, downing st is surrounded by government and I doubt I could relax there even without his responsibilities.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It is in Number 10...not in his flat in Number 10 or 11 I wouldn't think

Derry

"

Maybe, maybe not. One thing is sure, downing st is surrounded by government and I doubt I could relax there even without his responsibilities."

He has always been notoriously lazy and known for leaving things to the last minute. Don't run away the facts.

wigan

"It is in Number 10...not in his flat in Number 10 or 11 I wouldn't think"

Is that in response to me saying it is surrounded by government?

wigan

"

Maybe, maybe not. One thing is sure, downing st is surrounded by government and I doubt I could relax there even without his responsibilities.

He has always been notoriously lazy and known for leaving things to the last minute. Don't run away the facts."

Says who?

chelmsford

"It's probably better for the country that he's gone to this location. London pollution is generally really terrible and not conducive to good lung health. Whilst driving and other pollution sources are down, it will still likely be much worse in central London than outside. The environment is also better suited to convalescence. I lived in the west-end for a long time and health gets suppressed there. "

That makes a lot of sense

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

Fuck the peek

chelmsford

"

Maybe his medical team suggested that, none of us know.

Derry

"

He has always been notoriously lazy and known for leaving things to the last minute. Don't run away the facts.

Says who? "

Many of his former colleagues from his days both from journalism and politics. As foreign secretary he was notorious for not reading his briefing motes

https://www.thedailybeast.com/boris-johnson-is-lazy-and-will-be-a-terrible-prime-minister-say-his-ex-colleagues

His former teacher from eton also wrote to his dad that Boris was very intelligent but the also the laziest he had ever encountered.

chelmsford

Watch his speech from three weeks ago. People must stay in their own homes. Boris is flouncing rules he made. Double standards. It’s hard for me to trust a PM who does that. "

I suppose then, he didn't know that he would be in danger from the virus, I don't see it as double standards, it's not like he's just nipping off for a jolly,at his country house, not like the Scottish minister.

Newport

Cheap shot at a man who is trying his best in a difficult situation and who has just come out of intensive care. I think rest and recovery are completely necessary and allowed,he's not travelling between holiday homes just on a weekend or when the weathers nice.

An absolutely uneducated and frankly selfish view.. one of which we can only hope you read somewhere like the daily fail and jumped on the bandwagon, as it would be disappointing to think this is your own view.

chelmsford

Let's not also forget his fiancee is expecting, I doubt she needs anymore stress at this time

wigan

"

Says who?

Many of his former colleagues from his days both from journalism and politics. As foreign secretary he was notorious for not reading his briefing motes

https://www.thedailybeast.com/boris-johnson-is-lazy-and-will-be-a-terrible-prime-minister-say-his-ex-colleagues

His former teacher from eton also wrote to his dad that Boris was very intelligent but the also the laziest he had ever encountered. "

He cant be that lazy if he has made it to PM. Its definitely more hassle than I could be bothered with.

chelmsford

"

Says who?

His former teacher from eton also wrote to his dad that Boris was very intelligent but the also the laziest he had ever encountered.

He cant be that lazy if he has made it to PM. Its definitely more hassle than I could be bothered with."

Yes me too

He didn’t say that people coming out of intensive care couldn’t go elsewhere to rest and recover though. They are talking about moving others out of hospitals to other places when they are out of immediate danger so why not him.

chelmsford

Watch his speech from three weeks ago. People must stay in their own homes. Boris is flouncing rules he made. Double standards. It’s hard for me to trust a PM who does that.

He didn’t say that people coming out of intensive care couldn’t go elsewhere to rest and recover though. They are talking about moving others out of hospitals to other places when they are out of immediate danger so why not him. "

if it were my 90 year dad coming home from ICU, he would be coming to my house to be looked after, not his own home on his own

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Maybe his medical team suggested that, none of us know."

You don't, no.

What I do know is when coming out of hospital nurses ask do you have somewhere to go and someone to look after you. They want to make sure you are likely to be looked after and have somewhere to rest your head. As long as you have somewhere they will let you out whether that is a one bedroom flat on the 24th floor of a block of flats or a much bigger residence. People can and do recuperate in both scenarios

wigan

You don't, no.

What I do know is when coming out of hospital nurses ask do you have somewhere to go and someone to look after you. They want to make sure you are likely to be looked after and have somewhere to rest your head. As long as you have somewhere they will let you out whether that is a one bedroom flat on the 24th floor of a block of flats or a much bigger residence. People can and do recuperate in both scenarios "

And they will discharge you to where is best. Just because other people might not have the option of somewhere better it doesn't mean that boris should go without.

I'm sure you have things that others dont. Are you going to needlessly give them up for the sake of equality?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You don't, no.

What I do know is when coming out of hospital nurses ask do you have somewhere to go and someone to look after you. They want to make sure you are likely to be looked after and have somewhere to rest your head. As long as you have somewhere they will let you out whether that is a one bedroom flat on the 24th floor of a block of flats or a much bigger residence. People can and do recuperate in both scenarios

And they will discharge you to where is best. Just because other people might not have the option of somewhere better it doesn't mean that boris should go without.

I'm sure you have things that others dont. Are you going to needlessly give them up for the sake of equality?"

We had this problem further up, did you actually read my post?

wigan

You don't, no.

I'm sure you have things that others dont. Are you going to needlessly give them up for the sake of equality?

We had this problem further up, did you actually read my post? "

I've read all of the posts you, and everyone else, have made and I cant remember you answering this question. Unless you are referring to the where you said that he could go to downing st?

wigan

You don't, no.

I've read all of the posts you, and everyone else, have made and I cant remember you answering this question. Unless you are referring to the where you said that he could go to downing st?"

Therefore he wouldn't be "going without"

By *igsteve43Man  over a year ago

derby

You don't, no.

I've read all of the posts you, and everyone else, have made and I cant remember you answering this question. Unless you are referring to the where you said that he could go to downing st?

Therefore he wouldn't be "going without""

Can we just get it straight that no matter who was pm exactly the same would have happened

wigan

You don't, no.

Can we just get it straight that no matter who was pm exactly the same would have happened"

Correct, and so it should.

chelmsford

You don't, no.

Can we just get it straight that no matter who was pm exactly the same would have happened"

Of course it would.

chelmsford

You don't, no.

What I do know is when coming out of hospital nurses ask do you have somewhere to go and someone to look after you. They want to make sure you are likely to be looked after and have somewhere to rest your head. As long as you have somewhere they will let you out whether that is a one bedroom flat on the 24th floor of a block of flats or a much bigger residence. People can and do recuperate in both scenarios "

Yes I do know that having been in that situation with both of my parents, more than once and if I could have taken them to a nice country house, I would have done, with no shame...

Norwich

"

It probably would and we'd still be right to question it.

This wasn't a political party question.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

I've read all of the posts you, and everyone else, have made and I cant remember you answering this question. Unless you are referring to the where you said that he could go to downing st?"

Your question has nothing to do with the subject or my post, I could answer random questions on a thread but it just sends a thread away from the actual subject

Forum Mod

O o O oo

You don't, no.

Yes I do know that having been in that situation with both of my parents, more than once and if I could have taken them to a nice country house, I would have done, with no shame...

"

But you wouldn't be able to at this time, you have to stay within the rules like the rest of us

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I think I am out, I can't debate when people change the narrative, it gets really confusing , especially when I have only had my first cuppa of the morning.

Newport

You don't, no.

But you wouldn't be able to at this time, you have to stay within the rules like the rest of us"

Im sorry but this is not the case. You seem to completely disregard the fact that he has been in intensive care and tested negative prior to his release from hospital.

This is not one person traveling from one home to another simply because be wants to. Explain the difference between him travelling to 10 Downing Street from hospital and travelling to Chequers from hospital. Its one journey.

Please explain the difference it makes? He's a human being, surely his recovery is the priority here?

Derry

"I can't debate when people change the narrative."

Are you new here

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"I can't debate when people change the narrative.

Are you new here "

Yes

chelmsford

You don't, no.

But you wouldn't be able to at this time, you have to stay within the rules like the rest of us

Im sorry but this is not the case. You seem to completely disregard the fact that he has been in intensive care and tested negative prior to his release from hospital.

This is not one person traveling from one home to another simply because be wants to. Explain the difference between him travelling to 10 Downing Street from hospital and travelling to Chequers from hospital. Its one journey.

Please explain the difference it makes? He's a human being, surely his recovery is the priority here? "

This is my understanding too. Anyway let's hope he's recuperating, regardless.

Norwich

" Explain the difference between him travelling to 10 Downing Street from hospital and travelling to Chequers from hospital. Its one journey.

"

If it was one journey how did he manage to do a video message to the NHS from Downing street after coming out of hospital?

chelmsford

" Explain the difference between him travelling to 10 Downing Street from hospital and travelling to Chequers from hospital. Its one journey.

If it was one journey how did he manage to do a video message to the NHS from Downing street after coming out of hospital?"

Still can't see a problem..

Newport

If it was one journey how did he manage to do a video message to the NHS from Downing street after coming out of hospital?"

So we are now criticising the bloke for addressing the nation despite still being incredibly unwell?

There is nothing the guy could do that would make you happy.

Most of the flack seems to come from a perceived lack of funds for the NHS leaving them unprepared. If they ploughed cash into the NHS you would complain about the state of education. If they ploughed money into that then you would complain about the crime rates.

It must be exhausting always looking for something to challenge.

Norwich

If it was one journey how did he manage to do a video message to the NHS from Downing street after coming out of hospital?

Still can't see a problem.."

How about his girlfriend going to Chequers as well?

chelmsford

You can't please all the people all the time...Some you'll never please at all..

Still can't see a problem..

chelmsford

His fiancee is expecting their baby, they are a family and she has had a mild form of CV, where do you expect her to live?