FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Hospitals not so busy as I thought

Hospitals not so busy as I thought

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

My uncle came out of hospital today and it was no more busier in there than usual.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I think it depends on the area of the country and which hospital.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"I think it depends on the area of the country and which hospital."

A hospital in the second most infected area in the UK according to statistics the last time I checked.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Also, that's the purpose of lockdown, to keep hospital admissions at a manageable level to cope.

All elective surgery is cancelled. Less people out n about = less accidents traffic/industrial/piss-heads etc and fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

It's good to hear, as it may mean that death rates in the next few weeks could fall. Did all wards get surveyed by him, for bed use? What's the hospitals position in that area, as others may be first choice for this etc.

By *oAnCouple  over a year ago

Wandsworth

"I think it depends on the area of the country and which hospital.

Also, that's the purpose of lockdown, to keep hospital admissions at a manageable level to cope.

All elective surgery is cancelled. Less people out n about = less accidents traffic/industrial/piss-heads etc and fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!"

By *inCity BluesMan  over a year ago

London

"..and fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!"

I accompanied a relative to A&E just at the start of the virus. It was extremely busy, and we had to wait 6 hours to be seen. A few of our fellow attendees over that time included:

A young transexual - "Hailey" - who spent most of the time shouting, swearing and ocassionally screaming. Didn't seem too much physically wrong with him, and was certainly well enough to elbow a young ambulancewoman hard in the chest as she tried to calm him down.

"Louise", clearly a regular, a middle-aged woman accompanied by a bored-looking African carer, who again spent most of her time screaming and at one time rolled on the floor, despite a stressed out doctor pleading with her that "Louise, please, we haven't got time for this now, there are people here who are very ill".

A young woman of 19, who spoke in a very loud voice and told her two [again, bored-looking African] accompanying carers that she'd been in four mental hospitals in the past five years. Again, didn't appear to be an accident or an emergency, proved by the fact that after about four hours of playing on her smart phone and constantly asking her carers to take her outside for cigarettes, she declared herself bored and left, accompanied by the two carers (a woman to take her to the toilet, and a man, i guess, in case she kicked off.)

Three people, in one short visit, all who seemingly had nothing urgently wrong with them, all of whom had to wait over the four hour target, and so can be added to the numbers of those supposedly "failed" by A&E waiting times.

By *mcouple2Couple  over a year ago

Warrington

"..and fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!

I accompanied a relative to A&E just at the start of the virus. It was extremely busy, and we had to wait 6 hours to be seen. A few of our fellow attendees over that time included:

A young transexual - "Hailey" - who spent most of the time shouting, swearing and ocassionally screaming. Didn't seem too much physically wrong with him, and was certainly well enough to elbow a young ambulancewoman hard in the chest as she tried to calm him down.

"Louise", clearly a regular, a middle-aged woman accompanied by a bored-looking African carer, who again spent most of her time screaming and at one time rolled on the floor, despite a stressed out doctor pleading with her that "Louise, please, we haven't got time for this now, there are people here who are very ill".

A young woman of 19, who spoke in a very loud voice and told her two [again, bored-looking African] accompanying carers that she'd been in four mental hospitals in the past five years. Again, didn't appear to be an accident or an emergency, proved by the fact that after about four hours of playing on her smart phone and constantly asking her carers to take her outside for cigarettes, she declared herself bored and left, accompanied by the two carers (a woman to take her to the toilet, and a man, i guess, in case she kicked off.)

Three people, in one short visit, all who seemingly had nothing urgently wrong with them, all of whom had to wait over the four hour target, and so can be added to the numbers of those supposedly "failed" by A&E waiting times. "

do you think she did that by choice ? Illness is mental and physical.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Three people, in one short visit, all who seemingly had nothing urgently wrong with them, all of whom had to wait over the four hour target, and so can be added to the numbers of those supposedly "failed" by A&E waiting times.

do you think she did that by choice ? Illness is mental and physical. "

Unless their transsexual or have Africa carers then they do it on purpose

By *ercuryMan  over a year ago

Grantham

Our local A and E has been quieter for days now. (I know several that work there).

100 patients a day is now down to 20-30.

I Agree

I was out walking dog yesterday and passed by a lady I chat to when walking dog when she is in her garden, she is a District Nurse who goes around homes of elderly and disabled changing dressings etc.

She said she was in hospital on Friday to pick up supplies, dressings etc and she said the hospital was the quietest she had ever saw it (Perth Hospital PRI).

She said they had closed many of the wards as they were sitting empty and the nurses that attend those wards had been temporarily redeployed to other areas.

She said nurses she had spoken to said accident & emergency is the quietest they have seen it

I was worried about going into hospital at this time, but in my area its probably the best time to visit as its like a ghost town

Less people working and less people driving so less accidents

All elective surgery is cancelled. Less people out n about = less accidents traffic/industrial/piss-heads etc and fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!"

It just goes to show how much people waste the time and resources of the NHS in normal times. It's obvious that a large proportion of visits to A&E are timewasters with nothing wrong with them. These same timewasters are now scared to death of actually catching something that could kill them and are staying well clear of A&E........as you said " fuckwits are now not going to A&E for a day out!"

Hospitals are big old places. Not every bed had been converted to look after C19 patients and people still get ill with “normal stuff”. Encouraging to hear your uncle has been discharged though. Strained and for some quite anxiety inducing places at the moment.

do you think she did that by choice ? Illness is mental and physical.

Unless their transsexual or have Africa carers then they do it on purpose "

I was just going to ask wtf does someones gender or the ethnicity of any accompanying carers have to do with anything??

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Three people, in one short visit, all who seemingly had nothing urgently wrong with them, all of whom had to wait over the four hour target, and so can be added to the numbers of those supposedly "failed" by A&E waiting times. "

Errrrrrrrrr mental health ?????

By *ustme1820Woman  over a year ago

Southcoast Gosport

My uncle didn’t come out of hospital on Friday he passed away very suddenly and I took the call. Despite how busy the ward was when I went to see him and collect his belongings the nurses and doctor could not do enough to help me and my Mum at such a sad time. As we walked through the hospital it was extremely quiet though. Huge respect and thanks to the NHS

"My uncle didn’t come out of hospital on Friday he passed away very suddenly and I took the call. Despite how busy the ward was when I went to see him and collect his belongings the nurses and doctor could not do enough to help me and my Mum at such a sad time. As we walked through the hospital it was extremely quiet though. Huge respect and thanks to the NHS "

My condolences

By *ornyhappyCouple  over a year ago

perth

I Agree

I was out walking dog yesterday and passed by a lady I chat to when walking dog when she is in her garden, she is a District Nurse who goes around homes of elderly and disabled changing dressings etc.

She said she was in hospital on Friday to pick up supplies, dressings etc and she said the hospital was the quietest she had ever saw it (Perth Hospital PRI).

She said they had closed many of the wards as they were sitting empty and the nurses that attend those wards had been temporarily redeployed to other areas.

She said nurses she had spoken to said accident & emergency is the quietest they have seen it

I was worried about going into hospital at this time, but in my area its probably the best time to visit as its like a ghost town"

No elective or non Urgent procedures/operations, vast majority of out patient appointments cancelled, staff and equipment from PRI has been redeployed to Ninewells. Although PRI has a covid19 assessment bay, no covid19 patients are being admitted to PRI they are all going to Ninewells. The situation there is very different.

K

» Add a new message to this topic