FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Supermarkets

Supermarkets

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *itonmyfacebook OP   Man  over a year ago

Burton on Trent

Queued a long time to get into Tesco Friday morning. But that was whilst working. Saturday a queue for a different Tesco. A bigger queue for Asda; which I'd been told was good for non queueing. I eventually went straight into Sainsbury's.

What are others good and bad experiences of this? Also are folks still loyal to their usual shops?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

Lidl at 5.30 today.. No queue

M and s 90 mins before closing, on Thurs.. Ten in queue.

Been lucky

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There's a Tesco near me, and I only use that. My longest time to get in was 25 minutes, my shortest was 5, and it's generally around 10 minutes. It's the one and only trip out per week (except work), and I get everything I need in one go. Can't say it's particularly bad, as I got everything except one item on my shopping list.

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

I work for Tesco and haven't really experienced a drop in customers...in fact I have been given 3 bunches of flowers and an easter egg for my efforts the last few days

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

I waited while this afternoon, straight into Aldi they had everything (apart from bbq meat).

By *illerpinsMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I work for Tesco and haven't really experienced a drop in customers...in fact I have been given 3 bunches of flowers and an easter egg for my efforts the last few days "

i applaud you so much for working as a key worker, people like you deserve so much praise its unreal x

"Queued a long time to get into Tesco Friday morning. But that was whilst working. Saturday a queue for a different Tesco. A bigger queue for Asda; which I'd been told was good for non queueing. I eventually went straight into Sainsbury's.

What are others good and bad experiences of this? Also are folks still loyal to their usual shops? "

Should have bought everything you needed on Friday. That would have saved your Saturday queues.

Qued for asda 15 mins then followed the arrows and done. Only went because didn't get all my items in the online shop and only been out the house once

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

"I work for Tesco and haven't really experienced a drop in customers...in fact I have been given 3 bunches of flowers and an easter egg for my efforts the last few days

i applaud you so much for working as a key worker, people like you deserve so much praise its unreal x"

Thank you x

By *illerpinsMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"I work for Tesco and haven't really experienced a drop in customers...in fact I have been given 3 bunches of flowers and an easter egg for my efforts the last few days

i applaud you so much for working as a key worker, people like you deserve so much praise its unreal x

Thank you x"

i actually mean what i say here x x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think it's luck really. No supermarket has less of a queue it's a case of turning up at the right time.

Getting a home delivery slot is similar. I do my parents shopping on line and I have to check daily in order to get them a fortnightly delivery.

Burton on Trent

"Queued a long time to get into Tesco Friday morning. But that was whilst working. Saturday a queue for a different Tesco. A bigger queue for Asda; which I'd been told was good for non queueing. I eventually went straight into Sainsbury's.

What are others good and bad experiences of this? Also are folks still loyal to their usual shops?

Should have bought everything you needed on Friday. That would have saved your Saturday queues.

"

Friday was for work but I was cheeky and got some personal shopping too. I had to go to Burton on Saturday, to Motormania for a bulb for the car. I got more fruit for the kids because they ate all I bought on Friday. Also ended up getting other stuff. Some cakes for an Easter/lockdown treat. My ex asked me to get her some bread. I was driving past the supermarkets (5 miles away from me) because of the car bulb. So, yes, because of that, and it was part of my job on Friday, i've done supermarkets 2 days in a row.

Burton on Trent

"

Oh, excuse me. If you read I'm also saying I didn't queue in Saturday. I saw queues at 2 shops but went into a third with no queues. All are on my home from Motormania and I also got petrol at Tescos - I'm still driving 8 miles each way to work and back most days.

By *ovestrapMan  over a year ago

London

What are others good and bad experiences of this? Also are folks still loyal to their usual shops? "

It's importane to go at certain times.

If you can of course. Around me around 1 to 5 there are huge queues

At times like these there's no loyalty people go where they can get in. Or where food is cheaper as some people are limited to how much they can spend.

Once I see people queuing I go somewhere else.. Fack that.

I can get plenty to eat in places like home bargains and there are no ques and no limit for how many items I can buy.

Burton on Trent

"I think it's luck really. No supermarket has less of a queue it's a case of turning up at the right time.

Getting a home delivery slot is similar. I do my parents shopping on line and I have to check daily in order to get them a fortnightly delivery."

I haven't queued at all until the aforementioned days. My ex told me she queued 1/2 hour for Morrisons just after lockdown began.

Do we think the queues of Friday and Saturday are because it's Easter?

Again for work I went into Lidl Thursday evening and they hardly had anything in. No milk! The main thing I needed. Hence queueing for Tesco Friday morning.

Burton on Trent

"Once I see people queuing I go somewhere else.. Fack that.

I can get plenty to eat in places like home bargains and there are no ques and no limit for how many items I can buy. "

That's what I did Thursday evening for work. I'd say sod that to queueing unless the queue was very short. It's why I ended up in Lidl with empty shelves.

Farmfoods and Home Bargains are next to each other in Burton, under cover. They're my 2 regular shops in 'normal times' The queue to get in to where they are was humungious on Saturday.

I've seen people queuing for over half a hour to get into a supermarket and then coming out with a couple of bags of shopping.

I would rather buy a couple of bags of shopping at my local premier or spar than run the risk of catching something in a supermarket.

Quick in and out. There's no need for fancy food, eat anything and get on with it.

By *olly_chromaticTV/TS  over a year ago

Stockport

Large m&s on Manchester outskirts, an hour before closing Saturday evening. No queue, maybe five people in the shop, more staff than customers. Some shortages on fruit and veg - no citrus except oranges, no strawberries, limited veg. Pretty well everything else available.

"Once I see people queuing I go somewhere else.. Fack that.

I can get plenty to eat in places like home bargains and there are no ques and no limit for how many items I can buy.

That's what I did Thursday evening for work. I'd say sod that to queueing unless the queue was very short. It's why I ended up in Lidl with empty shelves.

Farmfoods and Home Bargains are next to each other in Burton, under cover. They're my 2 regular shops in 'normal times' The queue to get in to where they are was humungious on Saturday. "

Well I guess I've been lucky. There is a home bargains near me and I havent come across much of a queue there yet.

Burton on Trent

"I work for Tesco and haven't really experienced a drop in customers...in fact I have been given 3 bunches of flowers and an easter egg for my efforts the last few days "

Nice gestures from an appreciative public.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Do my shopping in the evening...no queues..the shelves seem to be getting well stocked now too..even a whole shelf full of toilet rolls.. Been a while since i seen that..

I go early and always straight in and out hate it though as that’s how I think I’m going to catch it if anywhere

Oh, excuse me. If you read I'm also saying I didn't queue in Saturday. I saw queues at 2 shops but went into a third with no queues. All are on my home from Motormania and I also got petrol at Tescos - I'm still driving 8 miles each way to work and back most days. "

Lol. I was just making fun.

By *eoff2000Man  over a year ago

Ferndown

Time of day to shop is key, i think. I go Tescos at Tower Park Poole once a week now at about 8pm. No queues to get in. However, some shoppers are blind or simply cant be bothered to follow the direction arrows or the 2m separation lines. The staff directing shoppers to cash desks and all the staff are wonderful and deserve a big Easter Egg each. Well done girls and guys.

By *arkus1812Man  over a year ago

Lifes Departure Lounge NN9 .Northamptonshire.

Queue at Morrisons on Saturday morning was less than 10 minutes.

Only item I could not get was flour which pissed me of as we have two huge flour mills in the town.Both are working 24/7 but lack suitable equipment for packaging into small bags. I could have a 20ton tanker delivery of flour in a couple of days with no problem.

Burton on Trent

"I go early and always straight in and out hate it though as that’s how I think I’m going to catch it if anywhere"

I was at Tescos 10 minutes early (shopping for work) on Friday the queue was humungious!! Time queueing not do important as it was works time. But also cold stood outside. Was thinking I might catch a cold.

Burton on Trent

Oh, excuse me. If you read I'm also saying I didn't queue in Saturday. I saw queues at 2 shops but went into a third with no queues. All are on my home from Motormania and I also got petrol at Tescos - I'm still driving 8 miles each way to work and back most days.

Lol. I was just making fun. "

Okay. No problems. Just a bit of banter and I appreciate I've written a book defending myself. Feel one has to on here sometimes.

I'd usually do as some others on here say they do and say f*** it when there's a queue.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Around where I live there seems to be queues mainly early mornings to mid afternoon so now I avoid these times. I usually go to Morrisons near may work or Tesco near where I live around 7 or 8 pm it’s usually quieter and no queues, allowing for a fast in and out.

Tbh I'm not that bothered about the length of the queue...just as long as you get in and dont find the shop still has too many people inside and the aisles aren't full of pallet all over the shop floor as it makes a mockery of the whole point of the queue...

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I have a reasonable Sainsbury’s near me but I could do with doing a Cost Co run but some of the scenes I have seen outside their stores have put me off a lot!

Anyone been recently?

I got fed up with the ques and started buying at local butchers and veg shops almost zero waiting

Asda bedminster waste of time line going right out the carpark and down the street

I bought a cool bag and ice blocks for in the week when I am working if passing an Aldi or Lidl along the way with short que I can get meat

Just have to get a bit more organised as supertmarkets have made us all expect to get everything under one roof.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

I’ve been to my local Morrison’s the last 3 Saturday mornings. On average I’ve queued about 20 minutes to get in and have pretty much got everything I’ve wanted.

Yesterday however it concerned me just how many couples and families were queuing to get in. I get that a single parent has no option but to bring their children with them but when there are 2 adults this makes no sense. I was also under the impression that where possible only one person from a household should be doing the shop.

As you should be. You and your colleagues are unrecognised heroes x

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

[Removed by poster at 12/04/20 19:21:32]

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Used to the queues now, the minimum has been an hour to get in and the most 2 hours.

It is what it is you just have to go with it. Avoid Fridays / Saturdays they are the busiest, but everything well stocked now and people shopping sensibly finally

It’s more those that still don’t understand the 2 metre rule or wait until the next box is available for you to move in to

Had to go pick up a non delivered parcel from post office collection centre last week. Stopped off at Aldi in centre of city....walked straight in. Came out 15 mins later....was queued up right round the block.

Think its just a matter of luck and timing.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Longest wait, half an hour Sainsbury. Morrisons about 10 to 15 mins, Tesco 15 mins. I'm not loyal to 1. Huge queue seen at m&s, didn't move, so didn't stay

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Social distancing doesn't work in supermarkets if you are a wheelchair user and can't reach the top shelves. My first trip to the shops in 2.5 weeks was amusing, for me at least

Burton on Trent

There was an article on FB out of local paper about the supermarket queues in Burton over Easter putting it down to Easter shopping. Nice weather so families still having barbecues in their back gardens was a factor.

I hadn't experienced any queues until the last few days. Maybe won't be so busy in a few more days? Also a bit pot luck with timing I think. Maybe midday is quietest.

By *AKCoupleUKCouple  over a year ago

manchester

It's quicker in Chinese supermarkets for essentials

Straight in and straight out

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

On Saturday I drove into my local Tesco’s car park and straight back out, looked like a two hour waiting time.

Thank god for the smaller independent shops.

By *elnkazCouple  over a year ago

cheshire

Aldi is my main shopping place. I am backline nhs and nhs staff dont have to queue on presentation of id you can go straight in. I havent waited too long in queues at other stores.most people are in shop out which makes it all work well .k stay safe everyone

Burton on Trent

"It's quicker in Chinese supermarkets for essentials

Straight in and straight out "

Do they do cooked and in silver trays?

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Tescos today 10.30, no queue!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Only thing I've not been able to get anywhere for ages is flour.

Every tucker has turned into Mary fucking Berry. Bastards.

A

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

I tend to drive around till I find somewhere with a smaller line.

Finding food warehouse and home bargains work well for pretty much everything and b&m x

"I think it's luck really. No supermarket has less of a queue it's a case of turning up at the right time.

Getting a home delivery slot is similar. I do my parents shopping on line and I have to check daily in order to get them a fortnightly delivery.

I haven't queued at all until the aforementioned days. My ex told me she queued 1/2 hour for Morrisons just after lockdown began.

Do we think the queues of Friday and Saturday are because it's Easter?

Again for work I went into Lidl Thursday evening and they hardly had anything in. No milk! The main thing I needed. Hence queueing for Tesco Friday morning. "

I think The enormous queues on Maundy Thursday when I did my shopping could have been down to it being the Easter weekend yes.

Well I hope so anyway as the queue at the Taunton branch of ASDAS was literally snaking up and down the whole length of the carpark 3 times! I saw how slow it was moving and thought f**k that. And went to Sainsbury's instead. I had to queue there approximately 20 mins before getting inside the store. However that was surely faster than if I had stayed in the queue for ASDAS! Hopefully now Easter is over, supermarket queues anywhere will not be SOooo long!

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

Not really been any queues here, especially if you go out in the morning. I was worried about not being able to use a mobility scooter but i was the only one borrowing one.

There's not much open here either. Not sure if people are going out of town to shop or just going later on.

By *hongman1Man  over a year ago

Mansfield

I work for Morrison’s and we seem to have it sorted. I think only 1 day has been chaos but I think everyone wanted to head out for BBQ food back end of last week as all my local supermarkets were the same mad queues (from info shared on social media)

Also, 99% of customers are being a hell of a lot kinder at the moment, especially on home delivery!

Burton on Trent

Back to work today. So guess who got sent to Tesco. Also it's someone's birthday so need buffet food.

A bigger queue at Tesco than I was expecting. But, hey! I have paperwork from work that gets me straight in!!

By *ovegames42Man  over a year ago

london

Supermarkets, I had to queue at Santander for well over an hour today

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Was in and out of asda on Monday no queue to get in.

Job done.

Burton on Trent

Farm Foods. As before lockdown. It's the best.

"Farm Foods. As before lockdown. It's the best. "

As in letting as many people in without checks on gathering?

Burton on Trent

"Farm Foods. As before lockdown. It's the best.

"

? No queue. Distancing with Lines on the floors but no crazy 1 way system like Tesco. Was nice and quiet. Friendly Staff with PPE. I don't think there was anyone in there when I came away so the ones on check out went for a well deserved break.

"Farm Foods. As before lockdown. It's the best.

? No queue. Distancing with Lines on the floors but no crazy 1 way system like Tesco. Was nice and quiet. Friendly Staff with PPE. I don't think there was anyone in there when I came away so the ones on check out went for a well deserved break. "

Well it sounds like they are looking after the staff and if you'd sooner go somewhere that doesn't have a queue go for it. The first thing I do now if there is no queue is look inside to see how many are in....if too many I'll go somewhere else

Burton on Trent

There was a big queue for Wilko which is next door. I went to Farm Foods to get some slabs of 7Up for my son tbh but ended up spending over £45.

» Add a new message to this topic