FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Mat Hancock....

Mat Hancock....

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life...

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No

By *oldswarriorMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

Really. What a twat.

Its required consumable. I can get a written warning for not wearing sufficient and servicable PPE.

His argument will be soap is cheaper than gloves, so wash your hands more.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life..."

Have a look at the BMa topic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Thailand is in lockdown now with total curfews from 8pm to 4am in the morning.

Any one going outside within the allotted hours to be outside, and is found to be not wearing a mask...gets a fine upto 200000 bhat....around 5000 quid.

All the babies being born get a full face visor specially made for newborns.

Its good to see some countries take the seriousness of this virus and the big part PPE has to play.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

These same government ministers have happily voted for the NHS to get run down since 2010 - you can check their voting records, as typically what they do speaks much louder than their sometimes sweet sounding words. They don't really care for the service, staff or the public that much. It's only about them.

These remarks are callous and shameful, considering the huge risks staff have been facing as well as the dangers to the public, from not having PPE.

Another divide and conquer facet. Deflection of attention to the inexcusable action by government to not manage this crisis in anything but a manner fit for a war crimes court hearing.

By *ornLordMan  over a year ago

Wiltshire and London

Matt Hancock is a callous dick. Can’t blame him really, as it’s a good way to blend in with the rest of the cabinet.

You kinda hope, that after all this, there will be a re-evaluation of how we do things. A bit more compassion rather than just greed for cash. A little bit more of a realisation of which jobs really keep this country going. Trouble is, our memories are short, I fear this will all be forgotten a few months after we have returned to normal.

liverpool

"You kinda hope, that after all this, there will be a re-evaluation of how we do things. A bit more compassion rather than just greed for cash. A little bit more of a realisation of which jobs really keep this country going. Trouble is, our memories are short, I fear this will all be forgotten a few months after we have returned to normal. "

I think you are 100% correct sadly.

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

The pinch point is being cited as the distribution network.

Unfortunately, I don't think any logistics company would say 'No" to an urgent request for help to get the PPE distributed.

Even a fleet of 'man with a van' volunteers could have been recruited and be delivering by now.

I suspect there is no mountain of PPE.

By *andlingswingersCouple  over a year ago

Woodbridge

"Really. What a twat.

Its required consumable. I can get a written warning for not wearing sufficient and servicable PPE.

His argument will be soap is cheaper than gloves, so wash your hands more."

They'd use soap if they could. See the British Medical Association report - they can't get soap either.

Hancock is just spouting his master's voice - "we're not to blame, it's the NHS/unions/EU/global events/Iraqis/Iranians." Delete as appropriate. It never, ever changes.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Hancock is clueless.

Picking on footballers was a dick move too. Notice he didn't call on billionaire bankers, CEOs, etc to give money. Just mostly working class young men.

"Really. What a twat.

His argument will be soap is cheaper than gloves, so wash your hands more."

There are policies governing use of ppe (and an updated one due to covid 19). Over use of gloves has been an issue for some time.

"These same government ministers have happily voted for the NHS to get run down since 2010 - you can check their voting records, as typically what they do speaks much louder than their sometimes sweet sounding words. They don't really care for the service, staff or the public that much. It's only about them.

These remarks are callous and shameful, considering the huge risks staff have been facing as well as the dangers to the public, from not having PPE.

Another divide and conquer facet. Deflection of attention to the inexcusable action by government to not manage this crisis in anything but a manner fit for a war crimes court hearing. "

It was interesting during the questions (weds/Thurs) he was a typical politician not answering a question concerning pay reviews for the likes of NHS staff. He squirmed.

I know a bank nurse who is working on a Covid 19 ward and they haven’t been given face mask fit training (although they haven’t got FFP masks either. They just have a paper mask, plastic apron and cheap safety glasses. It’s the same with the other bank nurse used in the hospital

Matt Hancock has to be sacked. While this isn’t going to change things on the front line, he can’t do any more damage

By *ickDastardlyMan  over a year ago

North East

I've followed him quite closely over the last couple of weeks.

My base opinion is the man seems, in a very major way, out of his depth.

He doesn't seem at all comfortable in the role nor have any confidence or conviction in what he says or the way he acts.

"I know a bank nurse who is working on a Covid 19 ward and they haven’t been given face mask fit training (although they haven’t got FFP masks either. They just have a paper mask, plastic apron and cheap safety glasses. It’s the same with the other bank nurse used in the hospital

Matt Hancock has to be sacked. While this isn’t going to change things on the front line, he can’t do any more damage"

That'll work wonders

"I know a bank nurse who is working on a Covid 19 ward and they haven’t been given face mask fit training (although they haven’t got FFP masks either. They just have a paper mask, plastic apron and cheap safety glasses. It’s the same with the other bank nurse used in the hospital

Matt Hancock has to be sacked. While this isn’t going to change things on the front line, he can’t do any more damage"

Don't be silly. Do you think his replacement would do any better?

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

My sister works for nhs and said he has a point 1 women in her department changes gloves for everything Patients and paperwork

The reality is patients yes paperwork and phones in office hand washing fine

liverpool

"These same government ministers have happily voted for the NHS to get run down since 2010 - you can check their voting records, as typically what they do speaks much louder than their sometimes sweet sounding words. They don't really care for the service, staff or the public that much. It's only about them.

Another divide and conquer facet. Deflection of attention to the inexcusable action by government to not manage this crisis in anything but a manner fit for a war crimes court hearing.

It was interesting during the questions (weds/Thurs) he was a typical politician not answering a question concerning pay reviews for the likes of NHS staff. He squirmed. "

Lots of politicians do that tbh

However yday he couldn't answer how many NHS staff had died

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

If you want to get to the top of a tree you know nothing about, have no experience of and have absolutely no qualifications in then politics is the only way you'll do it.

He keeps on saying they are having problems distributing PPE and consumables around to the NHS hospitals and care homes.

We have thousands of couriers in this country who are always looking for jobs going everywhere.

Things should have been done a lot sooner than they were, they knew that the virus would make it here given time and should have been at full bore from December.

Also everyone thought it was a good idea to keep on flying around the world regardless.

All about the £‘s as usual!

Crufts went ahead, Cheltenham went ahead football matches did at the start instead of shutting it all down.

I wonder if you’ll all go into politics after this...?

liverpool

"I wonder if you’ll all go into politics after this...?"

Why?

here

I hope not

"I wonder if you’ll all go into politics after this...?

Why?"

Because most people sounding off on a political agenda think they can do better than our govt in handling the crisis. So they should prove it.

liverpool

Why?

Because most people sounding off on a political agenda think they can do better than our govt in handling the crisis. So they should prove it. "

Dont agree.

Everyone is entitled to a point of view.

If a gmnt Make a complete hash of something

.saying "well you couldnt do any better'is not a reasonable defence imo.

Why?"

Because those that can, do.....

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Will you?

And do you think the same for every aspect of people's lives that they have a personal opinion on..?

Because....

liverpool

Why?

Because those that can, do....."

Maybe just stick to the thread and allow people to Express an opinion.

If you disagree with it..explain why.

[Removed by poster at 11/04/20 12:39:00]

in Lancashire

Why?

Because those that can, do....."

Ah come on, when we were kids we wanted to be batman or princesses or something..

Honestly if other people's beliefs and opinions on a public site are that much of a bother..

Well, you probably know the answer..

Will you?

And do you think the same for every aspect of people's lives that they have a personal opinion on..?

Because.... "

No. But I don’t come on and criticise everything through the prism of ideology. Put your money where your mouth is....

liverpool

"Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life...

I didn’t get that from this mornings tv thing

He said to use it correctly & not to mid use it.

That’s standard everywhere. "

I suppose it's how you interpret it.?

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life..."
the report on the 19 that sadly died did state it wasnt to do with the ppe issue. Although I dont agree with them being accused of over using x

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

When did he do that ? Yesterday’s daily briefing?

liverpool

"Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life...

When did he do that ? Yesterday’s daily briefing?"

Yep..he said it should be used within guidelines and not overused.

"

Honestly if other people's beliefs and opinions on a public site are that much of a bother..

"

You seem more bothered than I. Just making an observation.

As you were.

in Lancashire

That’s standard everywhere. "

Yes I would think nhs professionals of many years would also know that too, especially as they know colleagues have died thus far in this pandemic..

He didn't need to say it and it's now a backtracking game, he does seem at times to just come up with stuff that he then has to 'clarify'..

Here's a thought, just say we are in the midst of a global pandemic of such severity that it is testing every aspect of our Public health systems but we are trying to do our best..

Most people will go, OK fair play..

But to even imply staff on the front line need to not do something fundamental as not waste ppe is crass and looks like more deflection..

By *oredcouple1TV/TS  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

That's what the ambulance service use, totally in adequate

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

Yep..he said it should be used within guidelines and not overused."

Ahh, Didn’t Ruth May correct him?

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

I can see what he is driving at, but it shows a lack of media nuance.

A message around the use of equipment should be via internal communications to those areas where over use is recorded.

An external briefing to the press should just hit high level issues. The over uses of equipment will be only a few here and there and should not be a message put out publicly.

Maybe politicians need to take some pr lessons from football managers.

in Lancashire

"

You seem more bothered than I. Just making an observation.

As you were. "

You only seem to want to take a pop at others but yet to see you actively contribute..?

Respect I could be wrong, do you have any thoughts on this topic at all?

That’s standard everywhere.

Yes I would think nhs professionals of many years would also know that too, especially as they know colleagues have died thus far in this pandemic..

He didn't need to say it and it's now a backtracking game, he does seem at times to just come up with stuff that he then has to 'clarify'..

Here's a thought, just say we are in the midst of a global pandemic of such severity that it is testing every aspect of our Public health systems but we are trying to do our best..

But to even imply staff on the front line need to not do something fundamental as not waste ppe is crass and looks like more deflection..

"

You’ve raised great points

I’m hoping that the knowledge of the professional workers is carried onto the now deemed ‘temporary’ NHS staff volunteers

From what I’ve seen on the tv I’m hoping they (temporary staff volunteers) get the same PPE training that the regular NHS staff are being retrained on.

One of my best friends is a nurse in Hampshire & they thankfully have there PPE to use.

Just hope the rest (late as it is) gets to the front line staffing.

liverpool

Yep..he said it should be used within guidelines and not overused.

Ahh, Didn’t Ruth May correct him?"

I only really saw what he said.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai / Nottingham

That’s crazy - i work from home for a global tech and last week even I had to do 15 hours of covid-19 training including when and how to use protective masks and gloves. We are buying and shipping getting this kit to colleagues in Africa, Middle East and US, I don’t know what the NHS ate doing and why there is a shortage

Matt Hancock has to be sacked. While this isn’t going to change things on the front line, he can’t do any more damage

That’s crazy - i work from home for a global tech and last week even I had to do 15 hours of covid-19 training including when and how to use protective masks and gloves. We are buying and shipping getting this kit to colleagues in Africa, Middle East and US, I don’t know what the NHS ate doing and why there is a shortage "

Well if they are eating it, there's your problem

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"Accusing NHS staff of effectively over using PPE when 19 NHS workers have died. I thought the Tories might forget how amazing a nurses and doctors are after this crisis, but not during it. Good job they didn't just save our PM's life... the report on the 19 that sadly died did state it wasnt to do with the ppe issue. Although I dont agree with them being accused of over using x"

Matt Hancock said he didn't know if it was to do with lack of PPE or not rather than it wasn't

The guy is an arsehole. Shifting the blame on to NHS workers - ‘should treat PPE as something precious’.

He needs to fuck off!

That’s the conservatives for you - always blaming others and not themselves

in Lancashire

That’s standard everywhere.

You’ve raised great points

I’m hoping that the knowledge of the professional workers is carried onto the now deemed ‘temporary’ NHS staff volunteers

From what I’ve seen on the tv I’m hoping they (temporary staff volunteers) get the same PPE training that the regular NHS staff are being retrained on.

One of my best friends is a nurse in Hampshire & they thankfully have there PPE to use.

Just hope the rest (late as it is) gets to the front line staffing. "

There are real issues across several aspects of front line contact, from friends in Skye to friends in Surrey to locally with family who are all NHS..

They are not daft people and know the challenges this has and will bring nor do they want to be distracted in this row with their employers over ppe..

They just want to do their job to the best of their ability for their patients without worrying unduly that because of issues with ppe they are at further risk than they need to be..

Just as the families of the guys out in Afghanistan being sent out in soft skinned and facing ieds were right to raise the issue on their behalf as it was in my own mind nigh on criminal incompetence then the NHS staff are right to do so now..

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

MH knocking NHS staff on PPE only proves he doesn't really know how it works on the frontline and how ill prepared the goverment is/was.

If he had shown his face at Event 201 last October he might of learn't something.

That being said I get the feeling the pandemic has been a convenient excuse/tool to get rid of people who depend on the NHS to survive. China being the perfect scapegoat for the cause of the outbreak. Now it's bouncing back and biting the goverment on the arse.

Why did it take so long to act?

MH should stay in his job so he can recieve the full consequences for his words and deeds. Sacking will only get him off the hook leaving some poor bugger to clear up the mess.

"MH knocking NHS staff on PPE only proves he doesn't really know how it works on the frontline and how ill prepared the goverment is/was.

If he had shown his face at Event 201 last October he might of learn't something.

That being said I get the feeling the pandemic has been a convenient excuse/tool to get rid of people who depend on the NHS to survive. China being the perfect scapegoat for the cause of the outbreak. Now it's bouncing back and biting the goverment on the arse.

MH should stay in his job so he can recieve the full consequences for his words and deeds. Sacking will only get him off the hook leaving some poor bugger to clear up the mess.

"

You think it's made up re wastage/overuse of ppe prior to this crisis? It's not.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

When did he do that ? Yesterday’s daily briefing?"

He didn’t actually say that. He said there was enough to go around if it was used correctly in accordance with the advice.

Why?

Because most people sounding off on a political agenda think they can do better than our govt in handling the crisis. So they should prove it. "

I think I if you voted then you have a right to voice an opinion. Even if others don’t care for it.

Everyone likes to have an opinion on this stuff. It makes for interesting reading. There is a lot of rubbish spouted all over the place, including those paid to run the country.

He didn’t actually say that. He said there was enough to go around if it was used correctly in accordance with the advice. "

But people will spin it so that it suits them. I didn't actually see it but I haven't seen anyone actually quote him

He didn’t actually say that. He said there was enough to go around if it was used correctly in accordance with the advice. "

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

They should have visors for anyone coughing or vomiting. Paper masks will be sufficient in general covid wards but once you get in to HDU and ICU where there will be more aerosol created by CPAP therapy and what have you is when they'd need the ffp3

"MH knocking NHS staff on PPE only proves he doesn't really know how it works on the frontline and how ill prepared the goverment is/was.

"

Many people think that when you make NI contributions the government invests it for you and you retire on that investment.

In reality the generations before are supported by the generations to follow. The baby boomer generation pose a serious problem in this regard in that the 'pyramid' is inverted and top heavy.

It says to be said that the actions taken by our government are rather strange if the preservation of human life was a priority for them.

By *uckymooMan  over a year ago

Mid-Cheshire

What he did say is that there is enough PPE if its used to the correct guidelines

It should be treated as a valuable commodity and should not used where unnecessary or in a wasteful manner, what is wrong with people looking to score points.

If you want to score points ask why the Chief Nurse did not know the NHS staff mortality figures yesterday and blunder around search for a stock answer!

Nick Hancock later released the figure

liverpool

What have the bma actually said?

By *anxmann55Man  over a year ago

Douglas Isle of man.......

Why?

Because those that can, do.....

Maybe just stick to the thread and allow people to Express an opinion.

If you disagree with it..explain why."

eeeerrrrmmmm excuse me but Lady is absolutely right and there is always 2views to everything and not for one side or the other...we work 2gether....

Correct.

He sometimes comes across as slightly hesitant but he's a smart cookie doing a decent job in difficult circumstances.

'Thank god for Matt Hancock' says that Tory rag - The Gaurdian!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/02/words-i-thought-id-never-write-thank-god-for-matt-hancock

By *anxmann55Man  over a year ago

Douglas Isle of man.......

in the Northwest there are few companys making masks and sanitizers for NHS ONLY good home economics I believe there are breweries turning too make sanitizers.....which ever government is in power freedom of speech surely must be sensible..Ex NHS worker.

in Lancashire

He didn’t actually say that. He said there was enough to go around if it was used correctly in accordance with the advice.

Correct.

He sometimes comes across as slightly hesitant but he's a smart cookie doing a decent job in difficult circumstances.

'Thank god for Matt Hancock' says that Tory rag - The Gaurdian!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/apr/02/words-i-thought-id-never-write-thank-god-for-matt-hancock"

They did but the context was in the comparison of himself with Raab and the ashok fella..

They never thankfully had to mention Rees Mogg..

liverpool

So basically hancock has said there is enough to go round if you dont waste them?

And the BMA are saying ..we still havent got enough?

So he is saying they are not using it correctly then?? Easy to say sitting in your office at home...

So he is saying they are not using it correctly then?? Easy to say sitting in your office at home..."

I’m just saying what he did say that’s all.

Don't be silly. Do you think his replacement would do any better? "

But he is accountable

Mid-Cheshire

"So basically hancock has said there is enough to go round if you dont waste them?

And the BMA are saying ..we still havent got enough?"

Hancock actually quotes figures

Do the BMA?

Or is it just default want more

Well i want more money

liverpool

"So basically hancock has said there is enough to go round if you dont waste them?

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money"

They want money to stop drs and nurses dying unnecessarily.

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money"

It’s so funny, these days everybody literally has their scarves welded to their necks. We have lost the ability to call out people for being wrong because ‘we voted for em and they can’t be wrong and they are way better than the other lot’. I didn’t vote Tory but can at least see some of the good stuff they have done, the drive against domestic violence in these troubled times. But, I can also say when they are clearly arse covering and putting peoples lives at risk as they do it

Well one thing is for certain. If this forum acts as an indicator of public opinion, nothing will change once this is over, we'll just go back to exactly how it was before and nothing will have been learned. It's fucking depressing.

Mid-Cheshire

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money

It’s so funny, these days everybody literally has their scarves welded to their necks. We have lost the ability to call out people for being wrong because ‘we voted for em and they can’t be wrong and they are way better than the other lot’. I didn’t vote Tory but can at least see some of the good stuff they have done, the drive against domestic violence in these troubled times. But, I can also say when they are clearly arse covering and putting peoples lives at risk as they do it"

Clearly you didnt vote tory, i expect you were also a remainer

I question why many people on here actually have not chosen to emigrate.

There are so many of you who do not have a good word to say about anything this country does.

Look at Italy

No furlough mass shortages of ventilators

We still fortunately still have capacity and are making more with Nightingale hospitals.

After this is over, and it will be, you need to take stock and either appreciate what we have or go elsewhere.

liverpool

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money

It’s so funny, these days everybody literally has their scarves welded to their necks. We have lost the ability to call out people for being wrong because ‘we voted for em and they can’t be wrong and they are way better than the other lot’. I didn’t vote Tory but can at least see some of the good stuff they have done, the drive against domestic violence in these troubled times. But, I can also say when they are clearly arse covering and putting peoples lives at risk as they do it

There are so many of you who do not have a good word to say about anything this country does.

Look at Italy

We still fortunately still have capacity and are making more with Nightingale hospitals.

After this is over, and it will be, you need to take stock and either appreciate what we have or go elsewhere.

"

I'm sorry.

Are you suggesting that person should emigrate because they voted remain?

Mid-Cheshire

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money

Look at Italy

I'm sorry.

Are you suggesting that person should emigrate because they voted remain?"

No not at as you well know

Im saying if people are so despondent with everything this country does and stands for, you should consider alternatives

We are very very fortunate in the Country! Very!

Health Care, Social Services, until now good employment, education system, secure, we are cosmopolitan too, lets be honest few of us want for anything.

Those who complain need to take stock

liverpool

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money

Look at Italy

I'm sorry.

Are you suggesting that person should emigrate because they voted remain?

No not at as you well know

Im saying if people are so despondent with everything this country does and stands for, you should consider alternatives

We are very very fortunate in the Country! Very!

Health Care, Social Services, until now good employment, education system, secure, we are cosmopolitan too, lets be honest few of us want for anything.

Those who complain need to take stock "

The NHS is one of the tnings to be proud about and that's why so many people are precious about it

There is also a lot wrong with this country and people are allowed to voice that opinion

I'm not sure I'd have social services on that list.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

If I don't like a service in a shop/ restaurant etc I can complain if I feel strongly enough. I think anyone can complain about an elected Government for the same reasons. You shouldn't need to move countries if you don't like it.

By *ebeccaHallTVTV/TS  over a year ago

BECKENHAM

I do not if they have or not, but I have not seen any news on MP's cutting their pay, I am sure they would mention it if they did and leading from the front and setting an example for the rest of the country, many in this country have taken pay cuts and I know people who have suffered a 20% pay cut

Do the BMA?

Well i want more money

Look at Italy

"

So people should emigrate because they have an opinion about something that’s not positive when it comes to the government?

Very extreme.

If everyone only expressed the positive views it would be a boring world.

Mid-Cheshire

My words twisted again

Lets be clear i did not say should emigrate

I said consider, if this country is so bad

Can i ask those who are so despondent why they stay ?

liverpool

"My words twisted again

Can i ask those who are so despondent why they stay ?"

They werent twisted..3 people took it as that what you meant.

You say you didnt..fair enough.

It's not about being despondent.

You think we should all just sit here like sheep?

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

They werent twisted..3 people took it as that what you meant.

You say you didnt..fair enough.

It's not about being despondent.

You think we should all just sit here like sheep?"

Well you do bleat

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

You need to look at the word democracy in the OED perhaps, see if you can garner an understanding of what it means..

And this country is not 'bad', certainly not because people of differing opinions say their point of view and even when a minority with such idiotic views that think people should leave if they do differ..

As a free born man who has served this country and his community and never in dark times ever felt despondent I will when I feel like express my views..

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

You need to look at the word democracy in the OED perhaps, see if you can garner an understanding of what it means..

And this country is not 'bad', certainly not because people of differing opinions say their point of view and even when a minority with such idiotic views that think people should leave if they do differ..

As a free born man who has served this country and his community and never in dark times ever felt despondent I will when I feel like express my views.. "

Im fully aware of what a democracy is, i’m also aware how long this Wonderful Country of ours has been a Democracy.

People choose to live here because of how special it is, people queue up to join us.

Those who choose not to appreciate what we have, as I’ve said twice should consider why they choose to stay!

I’m not asking them to leave, i’m asking those who do nothing but complain to think why they stay.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

That'll work wonders "

It could prevent him from enabling thousands of unnecessary infections, lifelong ailments and deaths. All of the Cabinet are incompetent, so it may be tough to find someone much better, which is what's essential for such a responsible position.

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

As a free born man who has served this country and his community and never in dark times ever felt despondent I will when I feel like express my views..

Im fully aware of what a democracy is, i’m also aware how long this Wonderful Country of ours has been a Democracy.

People choose to live here because of how special it is, people queue up to join us.

Those who choose not to appreciate what we have, as I’ve said twice should consider why they choose to stay!

I’m not asking them to leave, i’m asking those who do nothing but complain to think why they stay.

"

Your contradictions are evident and obvious..

Democracy is about many things and it's sheer ignorance to assume because others have different views on various issues that they do not appreciate this country..

It's arrogant and a tad naive to think that based upon a sodding website that a person who has a different political view does nothing but complain..

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Democracy is about many things and it's sheer ignorance to assume because others have different views on various issues that they do not appreciate this country..

It's arrogant and a tad naive to think that based upon a sodding website that a person who has a different political view does nothing but complain..

"

Contradictions, I think ive been very consistant.

Maybe you need that OED you were on about.

I only have perceptions of people from what I read on here.

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

"

Your advocating a shut the fuck up or get out ideology, all sounds very much like totalitarianism or the type of regime free minded people would hate to live under..

And that has nothing to do with democracy, or is it only you think should apply to those who disagree with your views?

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Your advocating a shut the fuck up or get out ideology, all sounds very much like totalitarianism or the type of regime free minded people would hate to live under..

And that has nothing to do with democracy, or is it only you think should apply to those who disagree with your views? "

You seem to be getting very angry.

Im not advocating a shut the fuck up or leave attitude.

I’m asking people who are so anti everything this country does; why they choose to say.

"My words twisted again

I don’t recall anyone saying the country is bad. Rather they are criticising someone who essentially they believe should be doing more.

Have you never criticised the government? Do you think everything they do is right?

I don’t think anyone should consider emigrating just because they have an opinion that differs from yours.

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

I don’t recall anyone saying the country is bad. Rather they are criticising someone who essentially they believe should be doing more.

Have you never criticised the government? Do you think everything they do is right?

I don’t think anyone should consider emigrating just because they have an opinion that differs from yours. "

Ohh god another one who half reads then jumps to s conclusion.

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

And that has nothing to do with democracy, or is it only you think should apply to those who disagree with your views? "

Exactly this.

Is it not “free speech” to air your opinion, good or bad? What’s wrong with that?

liverpool

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

And that has nothing to do with democracy, or is it only you think should apply to those who disagree with your views?

I’m asking people who are so anti everything this country does; why they choose to say.

"

Just because you are critical of the gmnt doesnt mean you are anti everything?

Not everyone Is a nationalist.

"My words twisted again

I don’t think anyone should consider emigrating just because they have an opinion that differs from yours.

Ohh god another one who half reads then jumps to s conclusion.

"

Or maybe you’re the problem here...

Everyone seems to have read it the same way... so the problem isn’t us, it’s you.

Maybe if people complaining bothers you, scroll on by and don’t read? Just as you’re telling others to consider leaving, you also have full control not to read a single complaint from anyone about this country.

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

"

More assumptions, although consistent in being wrong again..

Listen you clearly seem to lack the ability to think through the fact that people can disagree with elements of policy of the incumbents in power yet still love this country..

And your backtracking and clutching at straws because no one has said they are anti everything this country does..

Is that another assumption as this one topic in this one thread is just that, not 'everything'..

Mid-Cheshire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Listen you clearly seem to lack the ability to think through the fact that people can disagree with elements of policy of the incumbents in power yet still love this country..

And your backtracking and clutching at straws because no one has said they are anti everything this country does..

Is that another assumption as this one topic in this one thread is just that, not 'everything'.. "

Backtracking you are joking, you make stuff up!

Your puddled

By *angtidy42Couple  over a year ago

Redditch

A lot of people are blaming the government for the short-term shortage of PPE. Its not the government's fault in the long term vice of things. Yes they have taken control of a situation and are doing what they can.

Its not upto the government to order the day to day supply of kit required by the NHS that's their on job and supply system. If its over run by whats going on then who is to blame, no one. Its not like the military system where they hold weeks if not months work of kit just incase they need it.

Think of the amount of money that would cost.

The NHS is just like the shops and what happened with the empty shelves in shops. Also you need to budget in that where this stuff is made could not be in the UK and could face export embargoes due to their need of the kit.

Its not as easy as a lot of people think.

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Is that another assumption as this one topic in this one thread is just that, not 'everything'..

Your puddled

"

And once again you have failed to answer any points raised, instead trying dismally to turn the exchange into some puerile personal spat..

The cornerstone and fundamentally accepted core principles of a democracy in a free country is the right to scrutinise and hold to account those in power..

Not saying, you lot are complaining and you should think about leaving..

A student doing their gcse's will tell you that's not the system we have and nor do the massively vast majority of all persuasions think its sensible..

"A lot of people are blaming the government for the short-term shortage of PPE. Its not the government's fault in the long term vice of things. Yes they have taken control of a situation and are doing what they can.

Its not upto the government to order the day to day supply of kit required by the NHS that's their on job and supply system. If its over run by whats going on then who is to blame, no one. Its not like the military system where they hold weeks if not months work of kit just incase they need it.

The NHS is just like the shops and what happened with the empty shelves in shops. Also you need to budget in that where this stuff is made could not be in the UK and could face export embargoes due to their need of the kit.

Its not as easy as a lot of people think. "

I for one don't blame the NHS for not being able to handle the number of patients they are having coming in.

I do think our government made very poor decisions with plenty of information to tell them that those were poor decisions. But made them anyway.

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Your puddled

And once again you have failed to answer any points raised, instead trying dismally to turn the exchange into some puerile personal spat..

The cornerstone and fundamentally accepted core principles of a democracy in a free country is the right to scrutinise and hold to account those in power..

A student doing their gcse's will tell you that's not the system we have and nor do the massively vast majority of all persuasions think its sensible.. "

Do you remember the old bumper sticker that said "If you aren't angry you aren't paying attention"?

liverpool

"A lot of people are blaming the government for the short-term shortage of PPE. Its not the government's fault in the long term vice of things. Yes they have taken control of a situation and are doing what they can.

Its not as easy as a lot of people think. "

When you say a lot of people..look at who those people are.

in Lancashire

"My words twisted again

You inferred it..

Your puddled

A student doing their gcse's will tell you that's not the system we have and nor do the massively vast majority of all persuasions think its sensible..

Do you remember the old bumper sticker that said "If you aren't angry you aren't paying attention"?"

Tbh I can't say I do..

I've been angry in my time yes..

Forum Mod

O o O oo

"My words twisted again

Who said the country is so bad? Having a view of how the Country is being run is not saying the Country is bad.

Even if you voted in this Government you don't have to agree with everything they do.

By *ink Panther.Woman  over a year ago

Preston

"My words twisted again

Who said the country is so bad? Having a view of how the Country is being run is not saying the Country is bad.

Even if you voted in this Government you don't have to agree with everything they do. "

Quite right, but I wonder how many that did vote for this government feel let down currently.

By *asyukMan  over a year ago

West London

Matt Hancock's exact words:

“Everyone should use the equipment they clinically need in line with the guidelines, no more and no less. There’s enough PPE to go around, but only if it’s used in line with our guidance. We need everyone to treat PPE like the precious resource that it is.”

Assertion:

No shortage of equipment if it is used within guidelines.

Conclusion:

If there is a shortage of PPE it is due to not using the equipment within guidelines.

Does anyone actually doubt that there is a shortage of PPE in hospitals, hospices, medical practices and care homes?

How does do the assertion and the conclusion of his statement stack up against this?

All that was necessary was to say we are not delivering to the level that we should. We are trying. We will try harder.

Everyone would believe that because it is undoubtedly the truth.

Couldn't do it though

liverpool

"Matt Hancock's exact words:

“Everyone should use the equipment they clinically need in line with the guidelines, no more and no less. There’s enough PPE to go around, but only if it’s used in line with our guidance. We need everyone to treat PPE like the precious resource that it is.”

Assertion:

Conclusion:

If there is a shortage of PPE it is due to not using the equipment within guidelines.

Does anyone actually doubt that there is a shortage of PPE in hospitals, hospices, medical practices and care homes?

How does do the assertion and the conclusion of his statement stack up against this?

All that was necessary was to say we are not delivering to the level that we should. We are trying. We will try harder.

Couldn't do it though "

I said that before.

Instead they are trying to put a spin on.it and are now in a war of words with the People in the front line.

Mid-Cheshire

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

Instead they are trying to put a spin on.it and are now in a war of words with the People in the front line.

"

The Government is;

1.Purchasing PPE from everywhere possible

2. Initiated UK based firms to switch production to make it.

3. Mobilised the Armed forces to provide the logistical support required

Now if areas of the NHS are wasting it needs highlighting.

Hence why he is asking to work within guidelines, help us help you.

Sadly 19 NHS workers have died, but look at the numbers in Italy 130 plus.

Time to start to thank the efforts being made by everyone, not just slagging them off.

Criticising the Government with regards the PPE is a slap in the face of all the hard workers going into supplying it.

West London

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Time to start to thank the efforts being made by everyone, not just slagging them off.

Criticising the Government with regards the PPE is a slap in the face of all the hard workers going into supplying it.

"

All those things are undoubtedly true. It is what they should be doing.

Well done to the government for that.

Does that absolve them of other responsibilities?

Are any health or care workers suffering from a shortage of PPE equipment?

Does this put them in danger?

If this is true what is the problem with apologising and saying that you will try harder?

What indication is there that any shortages are due to inappropriate use of equipment. If this is a genuine problem why would this need to be communicated to the public rather than communicated directly to staff?

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

"

Yeah, don't dare criticise the government...

Mid-Cheshire

[Removed by poster at 12/04/20 11:04:52]

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Criticise when and where appropriate not out of your own political persuasion or because you are just an objector to everything

Lets be honest again, most if us work with people who moan about everything, we all will know people like this, but if you’t well ..

"

Or most people just have their team and support it if no matter what it does. Sad, but true..

Mid-Cheshire

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Yeah, don't dare criticise the government..."

Criticise when and where appropriate, not out of your own political persuasion, or because you are just an objector to everything.

Lets be honest again, most of us work with people who moan about everything, we all will know people like this, but if you don’t well..it might just be you.

Think about what the people of work say about them behind there backs.

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Criticise when and where appropriate, not out of your own political persuasion, or because you are just an objector to everything.

Lets be honest again, most of us work with people who moan about everything, we all will know people like this, but if you don’t well..it might just be you.

Think about what the people of work say about them behind there backs."

You literally added nothing to your last point

West London

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Let's try another approach to this.

Should the government be criticised at all for anything that it is doing even if it is failing?

Is it currently getting everything right?

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

Things are changing all the time. I know from work that things can change hourly. It's an unprecedented time and an unknown quantity. It's easy to criticise retrospectively but I think that is unfair. The MPs can only be led by the experts but is anyone truly an expert on this?

"Things are changing all the time. I know from work that things can change hourly. It's an unprecedented time and an unknown quantity. It's easy to criticise retrospectively but I think that is unfair. The MPs can only be led by the experts but is anyone truly an expert on this?"

Plenty of experts on fab though

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

"

Spectactually missing my point

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Some people on here have amazing insight.

They seem to know inside out a person they have never met through a few posts on a swingers forum

Mid-Cheshire

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

They seem to know inside out a person they have never met through a few posts on a swingers forum

"

Not insight, perception.

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Not insight, perception.

"

Of course

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

If this is true what is the problem with apologising and saying that you will try harder?

What indication is there that any shortages are due to inappropriate use of equipment. If this is a genuine problem why would this need to be communicated to the public rather than communicated directly to staff?"

I have close relatives who work for the NHS both are suffering from a lack of PPE equipment which they’ve expressed.

I think they have every right to have a problem with this and criticise.

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

What indication is there that any shortages are due to inappropriate use of equipment. If this is a genuine problem why would this need to be communicated to the public rather than communicated directly to staff?

I have close relatives who work for the NHS both are suffering from a lack of PPE equipment which they’ve expressed.

I think they have every right to have a problem with this and criticise. "

That really should be no argument to that.

Mid-Cheshire

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

"

That is the argument exactly, how are they getting through so much.... because they are being reckless and not following guidelines.

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

That is the argument exactly, how are they getting through so much.... because they are being reckless and not following guidelines.

"

Why not just say that at the start?

It's the nurses and drs being 'reckless'

Well let's see how well that goes down.

Mid-Cheshire

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Well let's see how well that goes down."

I’d start with Hospital Directors then ward managers.

Who are responsible for taking the decision to ignore guidelines?

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

"

I think you’ll find it’s quite the opposite.

There’s not enough to go around. One of my relatives has been given face masks from my auntie who is a care worker, she was given them from her work in bulk before lockdown.

That’s how bad it is, you’re welcome to have your own thoughts. But these people have first hand experience, you don’t. You only have to read some of the tweets & statuses from NHS workers to know there’s an issue, and the issue isn’t being “reckless” or not following guidelines.

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Well let's see how well that goes down."

It’s quite clear he thinks the government is doing a fantastic job and that they’ve done nothing at all wrong.

You can’t reason with people like that.

Those of us who have loved ones working through this know the truth, first hand experience trumps assumption.

liverpool

Assertion:

Conclusion:

Couldn't do it though

I said that before.

The Government is;

Well let's see how well that goes down.

I’d start with Hospital Directors then ward managers.

Who are responsible for taking the decision to ignore guidelines?"

Which hospital do you work in?

Must be quite tough right now?

Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good.

liverpool

"Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good. "

So the poster who has relatives in the nhs is lying?

"Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good. "

I used to think RT was ok, I woke up..

"Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good.

So the poster who has relatives in the nhs is lying?"

no but the uk is not worse than Europe like the bbc are making out. The army in Spain are going into care homes removing the dead and dying because the system is breaking down, did I miss that on the bbc?

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

"Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good.

I used to think RT was ok, I woke up.."

RT?

liverpool

So the poster who has relatives in the nhs is lying?no but the uk is not worse than Europe like the bbc are making out. The army in Spain are going into care homes removing the dead and dying because the system is breaking down, did I miss that on the bbc?"

Missing the point completely

liverpool

RT? "

Radio times?

Mid-Cheshire

So the poster who has relatives in the nhs is lying?"

Do you think that Matt Hancock walks out at 5pm with no pre-research no speech written and just gives opinions off the cuff?

If PPE is being wasted should we just ignore it then? If its exchanged unnecessarily in non risk wards and not distributed to Covid wards We should stand by and let it happen?

here

RT? "

“With its first international news channel launched in 2005, RT is now a global, round-the-clock news network of eight TV channels, broadcasting news, current affairs, and documentaries, with digital platforms in six languages and RUPTLY video news agency.

“RT works with leading international media and public sphere personalities, and currently airs or has aired programs anchored by renowned broadcasting legend Larry King, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Pulitzer-prize winner and Emmy-nominated journalist Chris Hedges, the "most dangerous financial expert" Max Keiser, former First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond, former President of Ecuador Rafael Correa, legendary football coach José Mourinho, top American news personality Rick Sanchez, and French media icon Frédéric Taddeï, among others.”

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Hancock .... Tory ... doesn’t give a flying duck

North Bucks

RT?

“With its first international news channel launched in 2005, RT is now a global, round-the-clock news network of eight TV channels, broadcasting news, current affairs, and documentaries, with digital platforms in six languages and RUPTLY video news agency.

“RT works with leading international media and public sphere personalities, and currently airs or has aired programs anchored by renowned broadcasting legend Larry King, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, Pulitzer-prize winner and Emmy-nominated journalist Chris Hedges, the "most dangerous financial expert" Max Keiser, former First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond, former President of Ecuador Rafael Correa, legendary football coach José Mourinho, top American news personality Rick Sanchez, and French media icon Frédéric Taddeï, among others.”

"

That’s some excellent Google Fu thank you.

Do you think that Matt Hancock walks out at 5pm with no pre-research no speech written and just gives opinions off the cuff?

If PPE is being wasted should we just ignore it then? If its exchanged unnecessarily in non risk wards and not distributed to Covid wards We should stand by and let it happen?

"

Do you have any evidence to prove PPE is being wasted or being used recklessly?

North Bucks

I think it’s incredibly unproductive to say PPE is being used wastefully.

Even if it is you should adopt a shit eating grin and keep quiet about it.

A quiet word to trusts on PPE policy should have sufficed.

here

RT?

That’s some excellent Google Fu thank you. "

No googley magic required ....

RT.com

Mid-Cheshire

Do you have any evidence to prove PPE is being wasted or being used recklessly? "

Who’s in the best position, me or Matt Hancock, to access the facts. The Chief Nurse flanking him too. Not disputing your info, but ask why they are not getting it, if its being provided.

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

The reality in all this is some trusts appear to be adequately supplied with necessary PPE and some don’t. A lot of questions need asking about procurement but these can wait, the priority right now is to get what’s needed to where it’s needed. As there appears to be a shortage of equipment I’m struggling to see the outrage at someone who suggested those using it do so sensibly and frugally.

What doesn’t help any of this are images of Ross Kemp swanning round fully kitted up in the name of entertainment and doctors who have gone on record to say their trust has all it needs being ridiculed by their interviewers and the public.

Who’s in the best position, me or Matt Hancock, to access the facts. The Chief Nurse flanking him too. Not disputing your info, but ask why they are not getting it, if its being provided."

That didn’t really answer my question...

"The reality in all this is some trusts appear to be adequately supplied with necessary PPE and some don’t. A lot of questions need asking about procurement but these can wait, the priority right now is to get what’s needed to where it’s needed. As there appears to be a shortage of equipment I’m struggling to see the outrage at someone who suggested those using it do so sensibly and frugally.

What doesn’t help any of this are images of Ross Kemp swanning round fully kitted up in the name of entertainment and doctors who have gone on record to say their trust has all it needs being ridiculed by their interviewers and the public. "

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

They should have been ready for such an epidemic but ignored the findings of operation Cygnet, they were warned about what was coming months before it came but chose to say herd immunity was best which was contrary to which most in the know were saying ( excluding the chief medical adviser whose opinion seemed to differ from most other pandemic experts)

There were plenty saying this government would now try to find a way to blame others for their incompetence and lack of action from the start which will lead to thousands of preventable deaths and here we have the start of it its NHS staff that are to blame for the lack of PPE which is another major government lie getting rid of people that spoke out about lack of equipment and warning them if they did so would see them disciplined gagging so they dont speak out is wrong but that is the way this mob play it does not alter the fact there is still a lack of equipment

Mid-Cheshire

Who’s in the best position, me or Matt Hancock, to access the facts. The Chief Nurse flanking him too. Not disputing your info, but ask why they are not getting it, if its being provided.

That didn’t really answer my question... "

Here’s my answer. No I personally do not, but I will listen to what the Health Secretary, the Chief Nurse and the Chief Medical officer are saying.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

"The reality in all this is some trusts appear to be adequately supplied with necessary PPE and some don’t. A lot of questions need asking about procurement but these can wait, the priority right now is to get what’s needed to where it’s needed. As there appears to be a shortage of equipment I’m struggling to see the outrage at someone who suggested those using it do so sensibly and frugally.

What doesn’t help any of this are images of Ross Kemp swanning round fully kitted up in the name of entertainment and doctors who have gone on record to say their trust has all it needs being ridiculed by their interviewers and the public.

"

Agree totally, if people put as much effort in to helping as they did whining, things may go a lot better.

The negativity is affecting me worse than the virus and the restrictions (and yes I do mean restrictions we are not in lockdown, India is in lockdown, spain is in lockdown).

"Hancock .... Tory ... doesn’t give a flying duck "
You must be right not ordering any PPE just sitting back watching his voters die, as he as said not got any PPE and can't be bothered to buy any. Ffs get real.

Here’s my answer. No I personally do not, but I will listen to what the Health Secretary, the Chief Nurse and the Chief Medical officer are saying."

Thank for confirming you have no evidence.

I suggest you also listen to the medical staff speaking out online possibly risking their jobs by telling the truth.

But it probably doesn’t suit your narrative.

central scotland

Here’s my answer. No I personally do not, but I will listen to what the Health Secretary, the Chief Nurse and the Chief Medical officer are saying."

"They should have been ready for such an epidemic but ignored the findings of operation Cygnet, they were warned about what was coming months before it came but chose to say herd immunity was best which was contrary to which most in the know were saying ( excluding the chief medical adviser whose opinion seemed to differ from most other pandemic experts)

There were plenty saying this government would now try to find a way to blame others for their incompetence and lack of action from the start which will lead to thousands of preventable deaths and here we have the start of it its NHS staff that are to blame for the lack of PPE which is another major government lie getting rid of people that spoke out about lack of equipment and warning them if they did so would see them disciplined gagging so they dont speak out is wrong but that is the way this mob play it does not alter the fact there is still a lack of equipment

"

Absolutely this.

There was an article about NHS workers being warned not to speak out.

The articles with pictures of NHS staff using bin bags as PPE equipment are appalling too. That shouldn’t be happening.

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

".

RT.com

"

News with no agenda ?

central scotland

"Please stop watching bbc and for once in your life try watching channels like RT they are showing what's really going on around the world and in Europe. You then see we have this under control more than most, bbc just knock the uk and won't show what's going on else where that would make us look good. I think I prefer to listen to those on the front line that have nothing to gain from lying about not having enough PPE than a bunch of proven liars Watching Hancock squirm and look like a rabbit caught in headlights when caught telling porkies is embarrassing so a couple of peoples saying there is plenty against thousands in the NHS saying no i know who i believe and it aint Hancock and his cohorts

central scotland

"They should have been ready for such an epidemic but ignored the findings of operation Cygnet, they were warned about what was coming months before it came but chose to say herd immunity was best which was contrary to which most in the know were saying ( excluding the chief medical adviser whose opinion seemed to differ from most other pandemic experts)

Absolutely this.

There was an article about NHS workers being warned not to speak out.

The articles with pictures of NHS staff using bin bags as PPE equipment are appalling too. That shouldn’t be happening. "

The bin bag thing too will be ignored as it doesn't fit the lie of Boris and team doing a wonderful job even though the statistics say otherwise

"

I didn’t take it that way. I don’t think he’s saying it’s wasted. I think the point is that everyone wants it but not everyone needs it. I felt it was more about ensuring that the right people had it at the right time accordance to the guidance not just everyone having it.

Seen plenty of posts on here of people in the NHS saying their trust has plenty of PPE and no shortages. They seem to be ignored by those on here with an agenda but maybe the issue lies with the respective NHS Trusts who don't have enough as opposed those that do.

All we do know is this; no one on a swingers forum has a clue what the issue is or knows how to resolve it. The shortages are a global issue not a UK one, if anything we are doing better than most.

"Seen plenty of posts on here of people in the NHS saying their trust has plenty of PPE and no shortages. They seem to be ignored by those on here with an agenda but maybe the issue lies with the respective NHS Trusts who don't have enough as opposed those that do.

All we do know is this; no one on a swingers forum has a clue what the issue is or knows how to resolve it. The shortages are a global issue not a UK one, if anything we are doing better than most."

Maybe they’re not being ignored, maybe people just haven’t seen those posts. I haven’t.

Just as many seem to have not seen posts on social media from NHS workers with a lack of PPE and NHS staff having to make their own PPE, maybe they’re being ignored by those with an agenda too, or maybe some just haven’t seen the posts.

It’s great that we are doing better than most, but even with that, there are still issues that need resolving.

here

The biggest issue at the moment is getting the ppe that we have to the right places quickly .

We have stocks of ppe which are being replenished all the time.

The original method of getting the ppe out - army, fire service etc. couldn’t cope .

It is now being handled by Clipper Logistics and is a dedicated service for ppe . The day to day medical supply is still being handled by NHS supply chain.

central scotland

The BMA have said there is not enough PPE but I guess they will be wrong Also today one of the government advisers on covid 19 says we are on course to being the worse affected country in Europe which is far from a good job by the government

West London

"Seen plenty of posts on here of people in the NHS saying their trust has plenty of PPE and no shortages. They seem to be ignored by those on here with an agenda but maybe the issue lies with the respective NHS Trusts who don't have enough as opposed those that do.

All we do know is this; no one on a swingers forum has a clue what the issue is or knows how to resolve it. The shortages are a global issue not a UK one, if anything we are doing better than most."

Several people have acknowledged that some areas have enough equipment.

Do some areas not have enough equipment? Are the BMA and RCN lying in this regard? Are individual medical staff members and care staff who have posted on this thread and others also lying in this regard?

Has anyone disputed that PPE shortages are a global issue?

If we have no shortages then this is not pertinent anyway.

Why do you believe that we are doing "better than most"? You said that you don't have a clue. Better than most countries with comparable wealth and healthcare or better than most including the poorest in the world?

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I could do a better job

All we do know is this; no one on a swingers forum has a clue what the issue is or knows how to resolve it. The shortages are a global issue not a UK one, if anything we are doing better than most.

Do some areas not have enough equipment? Are the BMA and RCN lying in this regard? Are individual medical staff members and care staff who have posted on this thread and others also lying in this regard?

Why do you believe that we are doing "better than most"? You said that you don't have a clue. Better than most countries with comparable wealth and healthcare or better than most including the poorest in the world?"

Read my post properly and comprehend what is in it. You will find the answers to all you questiomns, except the bits you made up that I didn't say

By *rmrspumpCouple  over a year ago

narnia

"You kinda hope, that after all this, there will be a re-evaluation of how we do things. A bit more compassion rather than just greed for cash. A little bit more of a realisation of which jobs really keep this country going. Trouble is, our memories are short, I fear this will all be forgotten a few months after we have returned to normal. "

As with the financial crisis and scandal, give it 6 months at it will be business as usual, litterally..

West London

Why do you believe that we are doing "better than most"? You said that you don't have a clue. Better than most countries with comparable wealth and healthcare or better than most including the poorest in the world?

Read my post properly and comprehend what is in it. You will find the answers to all you questiomns, except the bits you made up that I didn't say "

Nobody anywhere disputing that some area have adequate equipment

Shortages of PPE a local problem so not the responsibility of government.

Nobody disputing that PPE shortages a global problem so worth saying

Nobody in this forum has a clue including you

We are doing better than "most" an assertion without evidence

Yep, every "answered"

Read my post properly and comprehend what is in it. You will find the answers to all you questiomns, except the bits you made up that I didn't say

Yep, every "answered" "

How can it be both a local and a global problem?

West London

Yep, every "answered"

How can it be both a local and a global problem?"

It is clearly both local and global but not national.

I'm sure if you read his reply properly you will "comprehend" what is in it too

"Because you was looking in it "

Gotta love the maturity!

"You kinda hope, that after all this, there will be a re-evaluation of how we do things. A bit more compassion rather than just greed for cash. A little bit more of a realisation of which jobs really keep this country going. Trouble is, our memories are short, I fear this will all be forgotten a few months after we have returned to normal.

As with the financial crisis and scandal, give it 6 months at it will be business as usual, litterally.. "

Completely true.

In six months time people will be back to cheering as the NHS is flushed down the toilet along with whatever else in the past Brexit trade deals.

central scotland

"You kinda hope, that after all this, there will be a re-evaluation of how we do things. A bit more compassion rather than just greed for cash. A little bit more of a realisation of which jobs really keep this country going. Trouble is, our memories are short, I fear this will all be forgotten a few months after we have returned to normal.

As with the financial crisis and scandal, give it 6 months at it will be business as usual, litterally..

Completely true.

In six months time people will be back to cheering as the NHS is flushed down the toilet along with whatever else in the past Brexit trade deals. "

West London

He has now, implicitly, accepted that adequate equipment has not been delivered as required. It is a distribution problem.

Nothing to apologise for though. Certainly not implying that staff had enough and were wasting it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/health-52253732/coronavirus-ppe-shortage-is-distribution-issue-says-hancock

Shortages doesn’t mean they have run out though. It means low stock. I haven’t heard one person say they don’t have any. I’m sure someone will pop up with an example and that’s fine of course but I honestly haven’t.

My friend who is a nurse has said that they haven’t been short of it at all but did say that rules had changed about what to wear, several times. Guidance apparently changed.

What I have heard though is that stocks are low in places and it’s a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul in that they have been almost borrowing from places that don’t need as much to stock other places.

Mid-Cheshire

"Shortages doesn’t mean they have run out though. It means low stock. I haven’t heard one person say they don’t have any. I’m sure someone will pop up with an example and that’s fine of course but I honestly haven’t.

My friend who is a nurse has said that they haven’t been short of it at all but did say that rules had changed about what to wear, several times. Guidance apparently changed.

What I have heard though is that stocks are low in places and it’s a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul in that they have been almost borrowing from places that don’t need as much to stock other places. "

Babs, thats a very good insight! Be ready for the onslaught of people who only want to see problems problems.

here

We should thank Taiwan today, as they have sent us 1million masks

"Shortages doesn’t mean they have run out though. It means low stock. I haven’t heard one person say they don’t have any. I’m sure someone will pop up with an example and that’s fine of course but I honestly haven’t.

What I have heard though is that stocks are low in places and it’s a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul in that they have been almost borrowing from places that don’t need as much to stock other places.

Babs, thats a very good insight! Be ready for the onslaught of people who only want to see problems problems.

"

Why would there be an “onslaught” of people? That is her experience and she’s absolutely within her rights to express it.

Everyone’s experience will be different. As someone said earlier, some hospitals won’t suffer, some will.

Some people will read and believe what they want to believe in order to suit their narrative.