FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Boris Johnson assisted by the best doctors

Boris Johnson assisted by the best doctors

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

So,Boris easily switched from the Herd immunity and sacrifice of our relatives to been followed up by the best lung doctor in Uk,Doctor Richard Leach, according the Telegraph.Not a good example at all.It's true we re not all the same...

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"So,Boris easily switched from the Herd immunity and sacrifice of our relatives to been followed up by the best lung doctor in Uk,Doctor Richard Leach, according the Telegraph.Not a good example at all.It's true we re not all the same..."

Did you really ever think we all were.

"So,Boris easily switched from the Herd immunity and sacrifice of our relatives to been followed up by the best lung doctor in Uk,Doctor Richard Leach, according the Telegraph.Not a good example at all.It's true we re not all the same..."

Of course he would he is the prime minister

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

He could of gone private, but he has gone with the NHS. We all know it was a political choice to go with the NHS.

Imagine the fallout if he had gone private.

"So,Boris easily switched from the Herd immunity and sacrifice of our relatives to been followed up by the best lung doctor in Uk,Doctor Richard Leach, according the Telegraph.Not a good example at all.It's true we re not all the same...

Did you really ever think we all were. "

You re right..still a dreamer...

By *adetMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'm glad the leader of the country has got the best lung doctor in the UK

By *dwalu2Couple  over a year ago

Bristol

"He could of gone private, but he has gone with the NHS. We all know it was a political choice to go with the NHS.

Imagine the fallout if he had gone private. "

There is no private ICU provision in the UK, so no, he didn’t go private out of choice.

The NHS are the only people in the UK with the ability to save his life.

"So,Boris easily switched from the Herd immunity and sacrifice of our relatives to been followed up by the best lung doctor in Uk,Doctor Richard Leach, according the Telegraph.Not a good example at all.It's true we re not all the same...

Did you really ever think we all were.

You re right..still a dreamer..."

As I have said before, let's hope he emerges from this with a new found appreciation for the NHS and the amazing people who work in it. They were thee for him, he needs to be there for them going forward...

Of course he would he is the prime minister "

Hopefully the same doctor is gonna looking after the thousands people in intensive care.... hopefully...

You sound surprised that the prime minister of our country would get the best doctor in the hospital! Of course he isn't going to get a young inexperienced one.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

Glad he’s getting the best care.

Let’s hope he recovers and takes it easy.

"Glad he’s getting the best care.

Let’s hope he recovers and takes it easy."

What about the others?The best doctor, obviously being the best,it s just one...

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

"He could of gone private, but he has gone with the NHS. We all know it was a political choice to go with the NHS.

There is no private ICU provision in the UK, so no, he didn’t go private out of choice.

The NHS are the only people in the UK with the ability to save his life."

Thanks for your clarification with regards to my assumption.

Bristol

Let’s hope he recovers and takes it easy."

He’s been taking it easy ever since he ente_ed politics, so don’t worry, that won’t change.

"You sound surprised that the prime minister of our country would get the best doctor in the hospital! Of course he isn't going to get a young inexperienced one. "

Surprised by the political situation..

St Thomas’s is probably the closest hospital to Downing Street and Dr Leach works there? I don’t really see the story.....

He’s been taking it easy ever since he ente_ed politics, so don’t worry, that won’t change."

Very true..still remember the other doctor that tweeted:'Italy thanks to corona is taking a siesta'..

North Bucks

He’s been taking it easy ever since he ente_ed politics, so don’t worry, that won’t change."

He’s done quite well for himself taking it easy in that case. He really surprised me getting the London’s Mayor position. Prime minister not so much.

Ipswich

I don't know why people don't just start a thread titled 'we hate Boris, anyone agree?'

Why bother with the pretence of this being a virus thread

"I don't know why people don't just start a thread titled 'we hate Boris, anyone agree?'

Why bother with the pretence of this being a virus thread "

Don't mind about the person honestly,maybe you love him.

Talking about a Prime Minister that weeks ago came out with a weird and absolutely ridiculous Herd Immunity that would cost approximately 500000 lives despite what was happening in the rest of the world!Someone compa_ed him to Churchill and all the national pride came out.That ridiculous position delayed an extremely urgent matter costing people lives.Really have to explain more?

By *AYENCouple  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

"I don't know why people don't just start a thread titled 'we hate Boris, anyone agree?'

Why bother with the pretence of this being a virus thread "

Haters gotta hate - their own mean little forum would be even better.

What about the others?The best doctor, obviously being the best,it s just one..."

That doctor will have been treating other people in the hospital before Boris arrived. He won't have been sat around waiting!

Imagine the fallout if he had gone private. "

I do not believe he is being treated by the NHS.

I genuinely believe that is yet another Bojo lie.

[Removed by poster at 08/04/20 07:31:09]

Can not understand why people spend so much time and energy being hateful , spiteful, jealous, or vindictive, time and energy should be spent enjoying yourself thinking positive about the good things, life is too short to spend it on harmful thoughts and actions.

What about the others?The best doctor, obviously being the best,it s just one...

That doctor will have been treating other people in the hospital before Boris arrived. He won't have been sat around waiting! "

Sure...if you find a free bed..

"I'm glad the leader of the country has got the best lung doctor in the UK "

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

Give over give it a rest Boris like anyone else is human I wish him well x

North Bucks

"Can not understand why people spend so much time and energy being hateful , spiteful, jealous, or vindictive, time and energy should be spent enjoying yourself thinking positive about the good things, life is too short to spend it on harmful thoughts and actions. "

By *arewithmeMan  over a year ago

Craven Arms

[Removed by poster at 08/04/20 07:36:34]

Craven Arms

"Can not understand why people spend so much time and energy being hateful , spiteful, jealous, or vindictive, time and energy should be spent enjoying yourself thinking positive about the good things, life is too short to spend it on harmful thoughts and actions. "

Craven Arms

Best forum post I have seen in a long while.

I'd have liked to have thanked you in private as well.

Stay Safe

Ipswich

Talking about a Prime Minister that weeks ago came out with a weird and absolutely ridiculous Herd Immunity that would cost approximately 500000 lives despite what was happening in the rest of the world!Someone compa_ed him to Churchill and all the national pride came out.That ridiculous position delayed an extremely urgent matter costing people lives.Really have to explain more?"

So you would have given him better advice than the best scientists in the country?

And what does any of that have to do with him being treated by the best lung doctor in the UK?

By *inkyduokentCouple  over a year ago

bromley

Jesus even in swinging you get a bunch of cap doffers ! His bed was prepped for days, with a full team on standby .

We wish this man the best of luck, but his non stop lying has continued into this crisis. Along with all the other horrendous things he has done over the years.

Then , after telling us all to socially distance, he flouted to rules in public .

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

You know he’s got a security detail and armed guards outside too? None of the other patients do, it’s an outrage....

North Bucks

"You know he’s got a security detail and armed guards outside too? None of the other patients do, it’s an outrage.... "

It just gets worse

the best lung doctor and the best antibiotics, remember..... these antibiotics that do not help you... he is being given them incase of secondary infection (bacterial) exact same as the farmer that was lead down a guard of honour of nurses clapping him when he was released from intensive care, he was also on strong antibiotics and morphine.

By *empsey and hotpieceMan  over a year ago

North west

I an ideal world yes, I agree.

But our country (and the world) has its share of armchair political analysts, intent on putting across their opinions , like they think they can change something, or change the majorities opinions. The only answer is to ignore it.

I find it all rather sad and feel sorry for anyone so adamant on getting their views across, that it consumes their life.

Get well soon boris.

Take everything newspapers write with a pinch of salt

By *asmeenTV/TS  over a year ago

STOKE ON TRENT

"Take everything newspapers write with a pinch of salt "

And vinegar

Talking about a Prime Minister that weeks ago came out with a weird and absolutely ridiculous Herd Immunity that would cost approximately 500000 lives despite what was happening in the rest of the world!Someone compa_ed him to Churchill and all the national pride came out.That ridiculous position delayed an extremely urgent matter costing people lives.Really have to explain more?

So you would have given him better advice than the best scientists in the country?

And what does any of that have to do with him being treated by the best lung doctor in the UK?"

Well ,him heard what him wanted ..that day..infact changed his mind after more than 200 mails from 'real'scientists.

Wouldn't say my real thoughts about someone ready to sacrifice half million people lifes honestly..

"Jesus even in swinging you get a bunch of cap doffers ! His bed was prepped for days, with a full team on standby .

We wish this man the best of luck, but his non stop lying has continued into this crisis. Along with all the other horrendous things he has done over the years.

Then , after telling us all to socially distance, he flouted to rules in public .

"

100% agreed.

By *igblackdomTV/TS  over a year ago

West Midlands

I do not believe he is being treated by the NHS.

I genuinely believe that is yet another Bojo lie."

He's in an NHS hospital.

Private doctors work in the NHS, they're the same people!

His high profile so it’s to be expected I’m afraid!

By *igblackdomTV/TS  over a year ago

West Midlands

Ps there isn't ED or intensive care provision outside the NHS

By *tjohnspairCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

Lets just look at simple facts.

He lives in Downing Street.

He was taken to St Stephen's simply because it's the nearest hospital.

The doctor the OP refers to happens to be based there and is in charge of the Covid ICU ward.

Anyone in that ward is under his care.

No news here...nothing to see...move along please!

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Private doctors work in the NHS, they're the same people!"

NHS doctors working for private practice would be more accurate.

By *ot Wife BeckyCouple  over a year ago

Agen, France

"

But our country (and the world) has its share of armchair political analysts, intent on putting across their opinions , like they think they can change something, or change the majorities opinions. The only answer is to ignore it.

I find it all rather sad and feel sorry for anyone so adamant on getting their views across, that it consumes their life.

Get well soon boris."

North Bucks

"Can not understand why people spend so much time and energy being hateful , spiteful, jealous, or vindictive, time and energy should be spent enjoying yourself thinking positive about the good things, life is too short to spend it on harmful thoughts and actions.

Get well soon boris."

Newcastle

"Lets just look at simple facts...

He was taken to St Stephen's

."

St Thomas' Hospital.

"No news here...nothing to see...move along please!"

Plenty to see here - have you seen the F of the op? V hot. Brightened up my morning

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

I'll think you'll find that most consultants are fairly knowledgeable in their chosen speciality.

"Lets just look at simple facts...

He was taken to St Stephen's

. St Thomas' Hospital.

No news here...nothing to see...move along please!

Plenty to see here - have you seen the F of the op? V hot. Brightened up my morning "

Fair enough lol!

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

That doctor will have been treating other people in the hospital before Boris arrived. He won't have been sat around waiting! "

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Of course we are not. He is the PM.

Can we have some positive news please...thank you.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

As a citizen of the this country I bloody well hope that the prime minister is entitled to getting access to the best doctor's when unwell.

I wish him a speedy recovery regardless of political views.

By *uckandbunnyCouple  over a year ago

In your bed

Personally I think he's an idiot. But right or wrong he is the leader of our country for the next 4 years.

So yes he will get great medical care.

I can wish him well without wanting to vote for the guy.

Not sure why some people need to get political over his illness, seems very grubby.

Can we have some positive news please...thank you. "

Second that

Can we have some positive news please...thank you. "

Sorry won't be any for the coming months thanks to him too..

By * and M lookingCouple  over a year ago

Worcester

And rightly so.

He is the leader of our country.

Don’t understand why people have such an axe to grind with those who are wealthy or powerful.

Sorry won't be any for the coming months thanks to him too.."

Having read plenty of your posts on this it's clear that you care not for the man and are just here to bash him.

No good news thanks to him? Let's just blame all of the worlds problems on him shall we?

By *erdyWoman  over a year ago

wiltshire

Did you really ever think we all were. "

This

Having read plenty of your posts on this it's clear that you care not for the man and are just here to bash him.

No good news thanks to him? Let's just blame all of the worlds problems on him shall we?"

Well the 'all world' is a fact that the Prime Minister didn't consider at time..so yes..his fault definitely!

North Bucks

No good news thanks to him? Let's just blame all of the worlds problems on him shall we?

Well the 'all world' is a fact that the Prime Minister didn't consider at time..so yes..his fault definitely!"

What exactly is his fault?

"

Well the 'all world' is a fact that the Prime Minister didn't consider at time..so yes..his fault definitely!"

I guess you just can't reason with someone who's hate has gone so far that they will blame one person for literally everything.

Perhaps, you should try to focus on some positives in your life, it will do you the world of good

In your bed

Well the 'all world' is a fact that the Prime Minister didn't consider at time..so yes..his fault definitely!

What exactly is his fault? "

He's not the messiah?

What exactly is his fault? "

Doing propaganda under his alter ego by ridiculous Herd immunity theory that delayed lockdown and costs humans lifes..we re at more than 6000 deaths up today and , according some scientists,this would be the European country with the most victims...guess why..

"

I guess you just can't reason with someone who's hate has gone so far that they will blame one person for literally everything.

Perhaps, you should try to focus on some positives in your life, it will do you the world of good

"

Thanks for the nonsense.

By *eddy and legsCouple  over a year ago

the wetlands

Anyone who thinks they are equally important to the prime minister or a member of the royal family are delusional. Right or wrong it's a fact not a news story.

Mind you the telegraph is outstanding in it's impartial reporting #sarcasm

North Bucks

Doing propaganda under his alter ego by ridiculous Herd immunity theory that delayed lockdown and costs humans lifes..we re at more than 6000 deaths up today and , according some scientists,this would be the European country with the most victims...guess why.. "

How long did he implement his “Herd immunity theory”?

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

It’s a no win scenario - private healthcare and they frown, NHS and they criticise.

He is the Prime Minister and a person of responsibility has to be taken care of. I think people are receiving excellent care on our NHS wards and ICUs.

Doing propaganda under his alter ego by ridiculous Herd immunity theory that delayed lockdown and costs humans lifes..we re at more than 6000 deaths up today and , according some scientists,this would be the European country with the most victims...guess why..

How long did he implement his “Herd immunity theory”? "

Where do you live?A day of delay,nowdays,means 700 deaths,don't add more please,be respectful.

North Bucks

Where do you live?A day of delay,nowdays,means 700 deaths,don't add more please,be respectful."

How’s me asking a question disrespectful?

Where do you live?A day of delay,nowdays,means 700 deaths,don't add more please,be respectful.

"

This male or female has an agenda.

You question this and you're disrespectful. No behave yourself

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"St Thomas’s is probably the closest hospital to Downing Street and Dr Leach works there? I don’t really see the story.....

"

Agreed

North Bucks

This male or female has an agenda.

You question this and you're disrespectful. No behave yourself "

Ha ha noted.

Doing propaganda under his alter ego by ridiculous Herd immunity theory that delayed lockdown and costs humans lifes..we re at more than 6000 deaths up today and , according some scientists,this would be the European country with the most victims...guess why.. "

We don’t know that it delayed lockdown. They said the lockdown was when scientific advice dictated they do it.

We are supposed to be staying home now but people aren’t. The government knows it’s hard to maintain that for long periods of time and they’re right. Perhaps in other countries they don’t suffer with people with the same mentality? Who knows? You only have to read on here to see that some people don’t see the point of a lockdown.

I have a friend working at st Thomas's hospital and his made it clear borris receiving the best treatment care private ICU room with a full private medical team sitting by him. Nothing is on the NHS it's all being payed by private hence why his getting the top care, and security no Nhs staff member is allowed in the area where his being kept, media is hideing the truth, I just hope u rest doctors provide the top care and treatment for those seriously ill with covid, this is 100% true media is lieing,

"St Thomas’s is probably the closest hospital to Downing Street and Dr Leach works there? I don’t really see the story.....

"

This.

Sounds like the media are trying to stir the pot.

I had one of the best Orthapaedic surgeons in the country operate on my leg because he is a senior consultant at the hospital I was in. Social standing had nothing to do with it

We don’t know that it delayed lockdown. They said the lockdown was when scientific advice dictated they do it.

We are supposed to be staying home now but people aren’t. The government knows it’s hard to maintain that for long periods of time and they’re right. Perhaps in other countries they don’t suffer with people with the same mentality? Who knows? You only have to read on here to see that some people don’t see the point of a lockdown. "

That's no true,the lockdown was delayed.He could just take advantage from the other countries situations,didn t have to wait their scientists because,at that stage ,it was a known emergency situation.

In your bed

"I have a friend working at st Thomas's hospital and his made it clear borris receiving the best treatment care private ICU room with a full private medical team sitting by him. Nothing is on the NHS it's all being payed by private hence why his getting the top care, and security no Nhs staff member is allowed in the area where his being kept, media is hideing the truth, I just hope u rest doctors provide the top care and treatment for those seriously ill with covid, this is 100% true media is lieing, "

I have a 'friend' working there who says different so whose propaganda should we believe?

Clearly he will have security and not any old NHS worker can pop their head around the door to say hi.

Only vetted people.

We are supposed to be staying home now but people aren’t. The government knows it’s hard to maintain that for long periods of time and they’re right. Perhaps in other countries they don’t suffer with people with the same mentality? Who knows? You only have to read on here to see that some people don’t see the point of a lockdown.

That's no true,the lockdown was delayed.He could just take advantage from the other countries situations,didn t have to wait their scientists because,at that stage ,it was a known emergency situation."

Well saying that we could have locked down in January in that case. Every country knew about it. If all flights had stopped, all contact stopped then we would hardly have any cases worldwide surely?

France has just introduced stricter measures because of their number of deaths. We don’t have the highest numbers and I hope we don’t go on to but people need to listen.

"Can not understand why people spend so much time and energy being hateful , spiteful, jealous, or vindictive, time and energy should be spent enjoying yourself thinking positive about the good things, life is too short to spend it on harmful thoughts and actions.

Get well soon boris."

Not like any of the brexiters then

Worcester

That's no true,the lockdown was delayed.He could just take advantage from the other countries situations,didn t have to wait their scientists because,at that stage ,it was a known emergency situation."

Are you really that naive to think that Boris just sat there and thought, Inwill keep this under my hat, no one will notice if we drag it out for a week or too.

It’s as bad as the Labour idiots criticising their lack of PPE.

That stuff has an expiry date so why would any country stockpile it.

And if we had and it never got used.....the outcry would be, what a waste of public funds.

There is no getting through to some people.

Think outside the box.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

That's no true,the lockdown was delayed.He could just take advantage from the other countries situations,didn t have to wait their scientists because,at that stage ,it was a known emergency situation.

Are you really that naive to think that Boris just sat there and thought, Inwill keep this under my hat, no one will notice if we drag it out for a week or too.

And if we had and it never got used.....the outcry would be, what a waste of public funds.

Think outside the box. "

I agree..its perfectly acceptable for drs to nurses to die because they dont have the protective equipments.

Just keep chipping away at the herd conspiracy theory. Some mud will stick in the end. Oh and lack of equipment one, that's a good one too. Nice..... Give it another couple of weeks of this negativity and our morale will start to go down the bedpan.

Well saying that we could have locked down in January in that case. Every country knew about it. If all flights had stopped, all contact stopped then we would hardly have any cases worldwide surely?

France has just introduced stricter measures because of their number of deaths. We don’t have the highest numbers and I hope we don’t go on to but people need to listen. "

Don't need to go back in January honestly,but according what was happening in Italy,for example, instead of wasting time in ridiculous theory and because every day could potentially die(and we re close enough) thousands of people,could lock down UK as soon he can.Still see people around outside, that means not everyone is taking this seriously enough.

North Bucks

Think outside the box.

I agree..its perfectly acceptable for drs to nurses to die because they dont have the protective equipments."

I see your point I really do.

But the world is climbing over each other to get hold of stock. You literally have shady American types hanging round on the airport tarmac with wedges of cash diverting shipments.

PPE has a shelf life we hardly have no manufacturing capacity anymore so how do you solve it? Do you spend a shedload of the NHS budget on keeping a stock that goes out of date at the expense of day to day NHS operations?

Name me one country that has got the PPE it needs?

Think outside the box.

I agree..its perfectly acceptable for drs to nurses to die because they dont have the protective equipments.

But the world is climbing over each other to get hold of stock. You literally have shady American types hanging round on the airport tarmac with wedges of cash diverting shipments.

PPE has a shelf life we hardly have no manufacturing capacity anymore so how do you solve it? Do you spend a shedload of the NHS budget on keeping a stock that goes out of date at the expense of day to day NHS operations?

Name me one country that has got the PPE it needs? "

No one can name you one country because there is a shortage WORLDWIDE.

Same goes for ventilators but let's not let that get in the way of the agenda

North Bucks

Think outside the box.

Same goes for ventilators but let's not let that get in the way of the agenda "

Now now don’t be disrespectful

Think outside the box.

Now now don’t be disrespectful "

My bad, apologies

liverpool

Think outside the box.

Same goes for ventilators but let's not let that get in the way of the agenda "

Nurses and drs dying to a shortage=agenda.

You cant even comprehend that level of fanaticism.

Think outside the box.

Nurses and drs dying to a shortage=agenda.

You cant even comprehend that level of fanaticism."

But the shortage is worldwide. I'm not too sure what more can be said to get some people to comprehend that this shortage has absolutely nothing to do with the government

liverpool

Think outside the box.

Name me one country that has got the PPE it needs? "

The piece I read in the independent was that dragged our feet when it starte_ed so when the shit hit the fan we were at the back of the queue.

We were even offe_ed help by the EU but said no..oh no sorry..we deleted the e mail by mistake.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

Pretty sure that there is private ICU provision in the London area.

North Bucks

Think outside the box.

The piece I read in the independent was that dragged our feet when it starte_ed so when the shit hit the fan we were at the back of the queue.

We were even offe_ed help by the EU but said no..oh no sorry..we deleted the e mail by mistake.

"

What the big bad EU offe_ed us help? I don’t believe you. Problem is the EU are still unable to procure enough. I saw yesterday China are selling back the PPE that Italy donated them? Now if true that would be a bit cheeky.

Think outside the box.

"

The EU did indeed invite us to join them but they haven't actually managed to procure the equipment.

So that argument is invalid right now

By *edMan  over a year ago

cambridgeshire

Exactly this..

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"

"

You could also argue that at that time other countries were in need of equipment more than us. Would we want to stockpile at the expense of other countries health workers? We have castigated people here for panic buying

liverpool

Think outside the box.

The EU did indeed invite us to join them but they haven't actually managed to procure the equipment.

So that argument is invalid right now"

The bit I read was that They orde_ed ventilators and we said no/missed the e mail.

This

Think outside the box.

The bit I read was that They orde_ed ventilators and we said no/missed the e mail.

"

No, they were invited to join a joint procurement scheme, and they should've joined. However, it still stands that the scheme has been unable to procure enough equipment so wouldn't have helped anyway

Bristol

Think outside the box.

"

Let’s be specific here - they lied about missing the email. A government minister has been on tv talking about the EU procurement scheme a week before they supposedly missed the email about it.

By *ike676767Man  over a year ago

Near Taunton

A hospitalised PM makes us vulnerable to foreign powers as the chain of command and decision making process on security matters is clouded and confused.

It's in all our interests he is fit and able to return to work. His job doesn't only involve responding to Covid 19.

liverpool

Think outside the box.

No, they were invited to join a joint procurement scheme, and they should've joined. However, it still stands that the scheme has been unable to procure enough equipment so wouldn't have helped anyway"

And that makes it ok?

I need to Do some reading on that.

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

And you honestly think any of the EU members harder hit than this by the UK would happily let ventilators out of their country?

liverpool

"A hospitalised PM makes us vulnerable to foreign powers as the chain of command and decision making process on security matters is clouded and confused.

It's in all our interests he is fit and able to return to work. His job doesn't only involve responding to Covid 19."

Who is thinking about war?

Think outside the box.

No, they were invited to join a joint procurement scheme, and they should've joined. However, it still stands that the scheme has been unable to procure enough equipment so wouldn't have helped anyway

And that makes it ok?

I need to Do some reading on that."

I didn't at any point say it was ok. In fact, I said they should've joined that scheme

Bristol

"A hospitalised PM makes us vulnerable to foreign powers as the chain of command and decision making process on security matters is clouded and confused.

It's in all our interests he is fit and able to return to work. His job doesn't only involve responding to Covid 19."

It’s quite funny that you think a chain of command that includes Boris Johnson, Priti Patel and Dominic Raab isn’t clouded and confused by it’s very nature, I suppose.

It's in all our interests he is fit and able to return to work. His job doesn't only involve responding to Covid 19.

It’s quite funny that you think a chain of command that includes Boris Johnson, Priti Patel and Dominic Raab isn’t clouded and confused by it’s very nature, I suppose."

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

And what does any of that have to do with him being treated by the best lung doctor in the UK?"

this... and to be fair as the only way we are going to have any life back is when we do have heed immunity it was worth considering..and as people are even now starting to ignore the lockdown on a larger scale. Had we locked down earlier it would have not helped.

A lot of the criticism is coming from the way figures are being published. Also how we havent tested enough... we need the number of recove_ed.

Also lots of stats are made to fit agendas...

By *eeBee67Man  over a year ago

Masked and Distant

Who ever was in charge would not matter.

Difficult decisions are having to be made and communicated by people who have to live with their decisions.

Try to imagine being in their shoes for a couple of days. And remember whatever decision you made would still mean people will more than likely still die.

Full lockdown?? People will die from alcohol withdrawal or suicide. Country will go bust, millions unemployed. Riots.

Partial lockdown?? People will still catch the virus and die. Economy will suffer, people will lose jobs.

Lift the lockdown?? People will catch the virus and die. Economy will struggle due to restrictions. NHS would probably be overwhelmed.

Easy this government lark isn't it.

And what does any of that have to do with him being treated by the best lung doctor in the UK? this... and to be fair as the only way we are going to have any life back is when we do have heed immunity it was worth considering..and as people are even now starting to ignore the lockdown on a larger scale. Had we locked down earlier it would have not helped.

A lot of the criticism is coming from the way figures are being published. Also how we havent tested enough... we need the number of recove_ed.

Also lots of stats are made to fit agendas... "

1)the lockdown,at this stage,is.the only way to stop the spreading.

2)the 'natural' immunity wouldn't exist because being a kind of flu your boby is gonna make just few antibodies that won't be enough to cover not even a month.It s not me saying that but the scientists and we ve proofs that people took.tue corona more than one time.

And what does any of that have to do with him being treated by the best lung doctor in the UK? this... and to be fair as the only way we are going to have any life back is when we do have heed immunity it was worth considering..and as people are even now starting to ignore the lockdown on a larger scale. Had we locked down earlier it would have not helped.

2)the 'natural' immunity wouldn't exist because being a kind of flu your boby is gonna make just few antibodies that won't be enough to cover not even a month.It s not me saying that but the scientists and we ve proofs that people took.tue corona more than one time."

For a start it isn't a type of flu.

And if you read the actual professional views on reinfection, if reinfection is possible (not confirmed yet) then it is likely to be very very rare

2)the 'natural' immunity wouldn't exist because being a kind of flu your boby is gonna make just few antibodies that won't be enough to cover not even a month.It s not me saying that but the scientists and we ve proofs that people took.tue corona more than one time.

And if you read the actual professional views on reinfection, if reinfection is possible (not confirmed yet) then it is likely to be very very rare"

There won't be any immunity,that s granted,only the annual vaccination.

North Bucks

And if you read the actual professional views on reinfection, if reinfection is possible (not confirmed yet) then it is likely to be very very rare

There won't be any immunity,that s granted,only the annual vaccination."

How do you know this?

How do you know this? "

Yes, how do you know this?

How do you know this? "

Because there is no immunity to S.A.R.S.As we all know the covid-19 as the SARS inside too and that s the critical part when you got that stage(lungs).

How do you know this?

Because there is no immunity to S.A.R.S.As we all know the covid-19 as the SARS inside too and that s the critical part when you got that stage(lungs)."

SARS and Covid-19 are related but are not the same. Covid-19 does not 'contain" SARS

I wrote that all wrong but here is what WHO say about it.

Is the coronavirus disease the same as SARS?

No. The virus that causes COVID-19 and the one that caused the outbreak of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) in 2003 are related to each other genetically, but the diseases they cause are quite different

How do you know this?

Because there is no immunity to S.A.R.S.As we all know the covid-19 as the SARS inside too and that s the critical part when you got that stage(lungs).

SARS and Covid-19 are related but are not the same. Covid-19 does not 'contain" SARS"

"Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)" from Wikipedia..what are you resources?

How do you know this?

SARS and Covid-19 are related but are not the same. Covid-19 does not 'contain" SARS

"Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)" from Wikipedia..what are you resources?"

Erm.. just the WHO

How do you know this?

"Coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)" from Wikipedia..what are you resources?

Erm.. just the WHO"

Mmm.. looking into it,any link?All I can find is the SARS is in the covid-19.

Newcastle

I love it in here when you get a couple of people who can read/copy/paste locking horns.

Worth every penny!

How do you know this?

Erm.. just the WHO

Mmm.. looking into it,any link?All I can find is the SARS is in the covid-19."

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

"I love it in here when you get a couple of people who can read/copy/paste locking horns.

Worth every penny!

"

Its giving me something to do. All in all it's good

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Who ever was in charge would not matter.

Difficult decisions are having to be made and communicated by people who have to live with their decisions.

Try to imagine being in their shoes for a couple of days. And remember whatever decision you made would still mean people will more than likely still die.

Full lockdown?? People will die from alcohol withdrawal or suicide. Country will go bust, millions unemployed. Riots.

Partial lockdown?? People will still catch the virus and die. Economy will suffer, people will lose jobs.

Lift the lockdown?? People will catch the virus and die. Economy will struggle due to restrictions. NHS would probably be overwhelmed.

Easy this government lark isn't it."

Well said , one of the most sensible comments I've seen on these threads .

But some people are just gonna slate them whatever they do sadly .

I wouldnt want to be the PM right now.

How do you know this?

Erm.. just the WHO

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses"

From your link copy and paste:

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discove_ed coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19.

Easy this government lark isn't it."

But this is Fab and we can sort it because we know best. It is interesting reading everyone’s opinions though

How do you know this?

Erm.. just the WHO

https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses

From your link copy and paste:

Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses which may cause illness in animals or humans. In humans, several coronaviruses are known to cause respiratory infections ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS). The most recently discove_ed coronavirus causes coronavirus disease COVID-19."

Yes.

The only link is that they are both coronavirus'.

Do you know why they are both coronavirus'?

You know....at the end of the day we re just sad because we can t swing lol!It s all about that!Should be the lockdown with swinging include...no one would complain!

But this is Fab and we can sort it because we know best. It is interesting reading everyone’s opinions though "

By *uboCouple  over a year ago

East kilbride

"

I wouldnt want to be the PM right now. "

Agreed. After all who would want to be a persistant liar and buffoon ? although i suppose the upside would be getting the best treatment and care that seems to be reserved to those and such as those.

I make no apology for disliking him but have no wish to see him snuff it

chelmsford

I would like to think that everyone is getting the best care, nhs or private....

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"I would like to think that everyone is getting the best care, nhs or private...."

You would think that being thoughtful would be the best way wouldn't you.

But remember that you have to take every option to try to score cheap political points

Bristol

"I would like to think that everyone is getting the best care, nhs or private...."

They aren’t. There are hospitals currently refusing ICU admissions to people over 65, or under 65 with pre-existing conditions - and even refusing ICU admission to people under 65 with no underlying issues who admit they do not exercise.

Curiously, Johnson would still have been treated in ICU if he was admitted to one of those hospitals.

North Bucks

"I would like to think that everyone is getting the best care, nhs or private....

They aren’t. There are hospitals currently refusing ICU admissions to people over 65, or under 65 with pre-existing conditions - and even refusing ICU admission to people under 65 with no underlying issues who admit they do not exercise.

Curiously, Johnson would still have been treated in ICU if he was admitted to one of those hospitals."

Wow that’s bad. What Hospitals are they?

chelmsford

"I would like to think that everyone is getting the best care, nhs or private....

You would think that being thoughtful would be the best way wouldn't you.

But remember that you have to take every option to try to score cheap political points "

Yes, I can see that

I think it is disrespectful to our wonderful nhs staff to suggest they are not giving the best care possible. We all know some of these people work in both sectors, so patients are receiving the best expert care.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

"

There won't be any immunity,that s granted,only the annual vaccination."

Of course there is. This is why they are trying to get the tests to more people.

And why they are testing nhs to see who has had it as they can then go back to work.

By *umpkinMan  over a year ago

near the sounds of the wimborne quarter jack!

Well said , one of the most sensible comments I've seen on these threads .

But some people are just gonna slate them whatever they do sadly .

I wouldnt want to be the PM right now. "

Exactly! And the last thing ANY country needs right now is the death of their leader, be it the Queen, BJ or Chairman Mao.

chelmsford

Curiously, Johnson would still have been treated in ICU if he was admitted to one of those hospitals."

So from your reckoning, he should be. He does exercise, running and playing tennis

Do you have anything to back that up?

Worcester

Think outside the box.

I agree..its perfectly acceptable for drs to nurses to die because they dont have the protective equipments."

Tell you what, find some then!!

Bristol

Curiously, Johnson would still have been treated in ICU if he was admitted to one of those hospitals.

So from your reckoning, he should be. He does exercise, running and playing tennis

"

If you think Johnson presents as a healthy and fit individual, then who knows. Literally anything is possible. Perhaps he has also developed the vaccine internally?

He’s lucky he is in London currently, and the Prime Minister, that’s for sure.

liverpool

Think outside the box.

Tell you what, find some then!!"

Erm..that's not my job?

Bristol

Do you have anything to back that up? "

To back what up?

Bristol

Wow that’s bad. What Hospitals are they? "

I’m not going to name them, for obvious reasons.

I’m not going to name them, for obvious reasons."

If you can't name them (which I understand) can you at least show us the source of those claims?

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

The main one being it’s not true

chelmsford

Do you have anything to back that up? "

yes where is that?

North Bucks

What are the obvious reasons?

Bristol

If you can't name them (which I understand) can you at least show us the source of those claims?"

I have family members working in them. They are seeing people dying because they are not able to provide treatment.

To back what up?"

The hospital refusing admissions. Especially for under 65s that don’t exercise.

North Bucks

If you can't name them (which I understand) can you at least show us the source of those claims?

I have family members working in them. They are seeing people dying because they are not able to provide treatment."

Got it.

chelmsford

If you think Johnson presents as a healthy and fit individual, then who knows. Literally anything is possible. Perhaps he has also developed the vaccine internally?

He’s lucky he is in London currently, and the Prime Minister, that’s for sure."

I don't know him personally, that's what I'm hearing from people who do know him...good luck to him

Bristol

To back what up?

The hospital refusing admissions. Especially for under 65s that don’t exercise. "

Not refusing admissions - refusing access to ICU treatment. Lack of provision means they are being forced to make tragic decisions over priority of care.

chelmsford

I have family members working in them. They are seeing people dying because they are not able to provide treatment."

Isn't that some kind of breach of contract, your family disclosing that kind of information to you?

Bristol

I have family members working in them. They are seeing people dying because they are not able to provide treatment.

Isn't that some kind of breach of contract, your family disclosing that kind of information to you?

"

I don’t know. Do you? Does it change the material facts if it is?

To back what up?

Not refusing admissions - refusing access to ICU treatment. Lack of provision means they are being forced to make tragic decisions over priority of care."

As horrible as that is it's unfortunately the way it is. That doesn't mean we have to like it. The lack of provisions as I've said countless times is a worldwide issue. It's nothing that the NHS can fix

chelmsford

I don’t know. Do you? Does it change the material facts if it is?"

I would think it might be. It doesn't change facts, but it might worry those who fall into those categories you name...

By *ostafunMan  over a year ago

near ipswich

I don’t know. Do you? Does it change the material facts if it is?"

What i cant make out is why have the press and the tv jumped on this?its the kind of stuff they love.

Bristol

To back what up?

Not refusing admissions - refusing access to ICU treatment. Lack of provision means they are being forced to make tragic decisions over priority of care.

As horrible as that is it's unfortunately the way it is. That doesn't mean we have to like it. The lack of provisions as I've said countless times is a worldwide issue. It's nothing that the NHS can fix"

Indeed - but the reason it is as bad as it is, and not better, is entirely down to the disastrous handling of the NHS by this government since 2010. This is simply a fact.

Bristol

I don’t know. Do you? Does it change the material facts if it is?

I would think it might be. It doesn't change facts, but it might worry those who fall into those categories you name..."

That’s because it is worrying. It’s genuinely horrific.

To back what up?

As horrible as that is it's unfortunately the way it is. That doesn't mean we have to like it. The lack of provisions as I've said countless times is a worldwide issue. It's nothing that the NHS can fix

Indeed - but the reason it is as bad as it is, and not better, is entirely down to the disastrous handling of the NHS by this government since 2010. This is simply a fact."

The disastrous handling of the NHS started way before 2010. That's a fact

By *oudLoutishLoverWoman  over a year ago

Colchester

Bitter, carping resentment and schadenfreude.

Sexy.

Bristol

To back what up?

Indeed - but the reason it is as bad as it is, and not better, is entirely down to the disastrous handling of the NHS by this government since 2010. This is simply a fact.

The disastrous handling of the NHS started way before 2010. That's a fact"

Indeed. But it’s also relative. As bad as the Labour government prior to 2010 was for the NHS, to suggest they are equally bad is ridiculous.

[Removed by poster at 08/04/20 12:03:55]

liverpool

To back what up?

The disastrous handling of the NHS started way before 2010. That's a fact"

Evidence?

Bristol

"Bitter, carping resentment and schadenfreude.

Sexy."

Maybe people dying because of our government’s poor record isn’t supposed to be sexy?

If anyone thinks that you can get treatment for COVID-19 in a Private Hospital then you are clearly very stupid!

If anyone thinks that any of this is the fault of Boris, then there really is no help for you.

Boris heads up the Government, he takes advice from world leading scientific experts!!!!

The NHS has been failed for decades by multiple Governments. Hopefully this Government and even Labour (Though I doubt Labour) have learnt a harsh lesson here.

None of this is the fault of Boris!

To back what up?

Indeed. But it’s also relative. As bad as the Labour government prior to 2010 was for the NHS, to suggest they are equally bad is ridiculous."

It's not relative at all. You stated that this has happened since 2010. It started long before that.

This isn't about being _ed or blue. It's about governments of all colours over the years.

liverpool

Some people really need to look at some facts.

Bristol

"If anyone thinks that you can get treatment for COVID-19 in a Private Hospital then you are clearly very stupid!

If anyone thinks that any of this is the fault of Boris, then there really is no help for you.

Boris heads up the Government, he takes advice from world leading scientific experts!!!!

The NHS has been failed for decades by multiple Governments. Hopefully this Government and even Labour (Though I doubt Labour) have learnt a harsh lesson here.

None of this is the fault of Boris!"

This is not true. Johnson and his cohorts were given a range of advice by scientific experts, and they chose the advice which prioritised their desire to protect the economy, rather than to protect public health.

The science has never changed, but government policy has moved many times.

To back what up?

Evidence?

"

PFI for a start.

chelmsford

"If anyone thinks that you can get treatment for COVID-19 in a Private Hospital then you are clearly very stupid!

Well said!!!

To back what up?

Evidence?

"

Do you truly believe that Labout under Blair handled the NHS well?

liverpool

To back what up?

Evidence?

PFI for a start. "

I'm not going to defend pfi..this was started under Brown

If it was such a terrible policy why hasnt it been reversed in the last decade?

Bristol

To back what up?

Indeed. But it’s also relative. As bad as the Labour government prior to 2010 was for the NHS, to suggest they are equally bad is ridiculous.

It's not relative at all. You stated that this has happened since 2010. It started long before that.

This isn't about being _ed or blue. It's about governments of all colours over the years.

"

Like I said, to think the administrations from 1997-2010 and from 2010-now are equally bad in how they’ve handled the NHS shows either a simple lack of knowledge, or a choice to be ignorant of the facts.

Well said. Hugs for being brave and standing up and putting head above parapet, Just like Mrs N who goes into to work at local supermarket every day. I haven't heard her moaning all the time about lack of this and lack of that all the time. She just gets on with it, probably like most people helping us all to keep our shit together.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

“ All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others”

By *bsolutebeginnersCouple  over a year ago

Planet Ork

Nobody is being refused admission at the moment because the hospital admissions are at a level where we can still cope. This is why the social distancing is in place so that we can control the amount of people requiring hospital treatment at a constant flow instead of an uncontrollable flood. There may come a time in the near future if there are more patients than respirators that hard decisions will be made and some patients ( ie those who are already dying from other medical conditions ) will receive palliative care only. This situation has not been reached yet and hopefully if we all adhere to government guidelines there will be no need to implement it and hospitals can run within capacity. It’s hard work at the moment and very stressful for all of us but as I’ve said before most of you are only being asked to stay in and watch a bit of tv. Utilise your spare time, do those little jobs you’ve been putting off, read that book that you’ve been meaning to start, keep in touch with your family and friends and keep washing your hands! Try to be nice to each other, I’m seeing enough death and misery at the moment and I used to love coming onto the forums for a bit of light hearted fun but I’m seeing so much hat_ed and nastiness lately that it’s putting me off a lot of fabsters. I hope Boris recovers soon.

chelmsford

Thanks absolute, someone who gives some clarification and truth!

Bristol

Unfortunately, while that is the truth in some hospitals, it is not the truth in all. ICU provision is not sha_ed equally around the country, so some will fare better than others, based on the geographic lottery, if they are unfortunate enough to need this level of care.