FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Return to normality

Return to normality

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *offee27 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I wonder what people's thoughts are on what life will be like once we return to 'normality'

Personally I think society will be very different, people will be avoiding crowds and gatherings

What's your thoughts fab people?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think people will be socially distancing in the short term, upon a return to normality, but we will all soon forget, and focus on what we enjoy. So I dont think long term behaviour will change.

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

I think places will be packed with people.

Life will return to normal.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

I think mass gatherings will be banned for quite sometime, eg football

It will be interesting how travel moves forward, whether holiday insurance won't cover pandemics, will we need a certificate to prove we are c19 free to travel overseas. Will people want to travel to countries not free of the virus

Many things we have taken for granted for our entire lives

By *orthern StarsCouple  over a year ago

Durham, North Yorkshire and can travel

"I think places will be packed with people.

Life will return to normal."

We are concerned that sadly and worringly, many people and businesses won't recover though.

"I think mass gatherings will be banned for quite sometime, eg football

It will be interesting how travel moves forward, whether holiday insurance won't cover pandemics, will we need a certificate to prove we are c19 free to travel overseas. Will people want to travel to countries not free of the virus

Many things we have taken for granted for our entire lives "

Do you think we are going to be free of the virus? Its highly likely its here to stay, the current lockdown is just to limit the numbers needing treatment at the same time and maybe buy us some time to try and get some sort of treatment.

By *ch WellMan  over a year ago

Scotland

I think we will see more folk routinely wearing masks when out and about.

We wont have normality for quite some time. Whilst the lockdown will have to be lifted sooner or later for sake of economy I don't think we will see pubs or restaurants open this side of the year. Foreign holidays put on hold certainly til next summer but possibly even the following summer.

Working in a hospital it is also quite apparent that the general admissions ward and A&E are alot quieter indicating the system isn't being abused as much as it normally was. I hope that's a lasting legacy.

By *uttyjonnMan  over a year ago

cheshire

"I think mass gatherings will be banned for quite sometime, eg football

Many things we have taken for granted for our entire lives

Do you think we are going to be free of the virus? Its highly likely its here to stay, the current lockdown is just to limit the numbers needing treatment at the same time and maybe buy us some time to try and get some sort of treatment. "

We will be free when/if we have all been vaccinated or the majority have had it and are immune.

Until then we risk this same scenario as soon as everyone opens theirs borders

By *moothman2000Man  over a year ago

Leicestershire

I'd like to hope that we never return to 'normality'.

I think we could do a lot better.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

"I'd like to hope that we never return to 'normality'.

I think we could do a lot better."

By *asIsaCouple  over a year ago

harrow

This isn’t going anywhere. Only exit strategy is a readily available vaccine and that’s 18-24 months away if they can find a vaccine. Don’t expect much to change before then . Unlikely we will see any large gatherings in the next couple of years so unless sport is played behind closed doors (very unlikely), don’t expect any sport in 2021 let alone 2020. As for air travel , well that’s even further away and all sorts of quarantine restrictions will have to be put in place.

By *abs..Woman  over a year ago

"I'd like to hope that we never return to 'normality'.

I think we could do a lot better."

There is always room for improvement

By *offee27 OP   Man  over a year ago

Wiltshire

I do think that this will make people use cash a lot less and more stores will insist on card payments

If people believe that this could last for up to 24 months then let's end lockdown now, because this is not living and there we be no country or jobs so 3rd world standards of all.

"If people believe that this could last for up to 24 months then let's end lockdown now, because this is not living and there we be no country or jobs so 3rd world standards of all. "

Unfortunately you're probably correct. The only way out of this without many thousands of deaths is with a vaccine, and as a vaccine is unlikely to be available this year then the only alternatives are maintaining the lockdown for months or herd immunity.

Slowing the infection rate down with the current measures will eventually lead to a depression and millions of people's lives will change for the worse. We can't test our way out of this now either, because the antibody tests simply aren't reliable enough, and developing our own will take too long.

The only exit strategy I can see, is to let the virus run it's course, and that's going to cost hundreds of thousands of lives.

"If people believe that this could last for up to 24 months then let's end lockdown now, because this is not living and there we be no country or jobs so 3rd world standards of all.

Unfortunately you're probably correct. The only way out of this without many thousands of deaths is with a vaccine, and as a vaccine is unlikely to be available this year then the only alternatives are maintaining the lockdown for months or herd immunity.

Slowing the infection rate down with the current measures will eventually lead to a depression and millions of people's lives will change for the worse. We can't test our way out of this now either, because the antibody tests simply aren't reliable enough, and developing our own will take too long.

The only exit strategy I can see, is to let the virus run it's course, and that's going to cost hundreds of thousands of lives. "

The world has been through this lot's of times and will again, only this time we think we are so cleaver and know it all that we can play god. Well we can't and shouldn't try because it causes more harm than good.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"If people believe that this could last for up to 24 months then let's end lockdown now, because this is not living and there we be no country or jobs so 3rd world standards of all. "

We wont be in lockdown for 24 months.

"If people believe that this could last for up to 24 months then let's end lockdown now, because this is not living and there we be no country or jobs so 3rd world standards of all.

We wont be in lockdown for 24 months."

We won't be in lockdown for six months, unless we want our standard of living set back decades.

I'm definitely not one to put the economy first, but there is a time limit to how long we can maintain the current measures without deep and lasting damage to almost everyone's livelihoods.

If anyone can see a viable way out of this other than allowing the virus to run it's course whilst trying to protect the most vulnerable, then please let me know, because I certainly can't.

I'm one of the vulnerable too btw, I have a long term lung condition, so I'm not being callous, just realistic.

» Add a new message to this topic