FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Virus > Who wouldn't visit their second home?

Who wouldn't visit their second home?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Be honest?

I would. I wouldn't advertise the fact on social media though

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

And no I won't believe that none of you would. Really think about it. Think of the ways there would be no more risk to yourself (and family if not alone) and to anyone else outside this group, than if you stayed at home.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Of course I would. Especially when she's probably under so much pressure at work.

They stayed away from others. Didn't use public transport.

I think they've just tried to nake an example of her.

Lots of us will be doing our own thing quietly whist sticking to the new rules as much as we can

"Of course I would. Especially when she's probably under so much pressure at work.

They stayed away from others. Didn't use public transport.

Lots of us will be doing our own thing quietly whist sticking to the new rules as much as we can "

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

I might be wrong but I think the point is the extra people in the holiday home areas. I live on the south coast with many holiday homes around, and yes there has been more people around last few weeks at their holiday homes and the shops like asda etc are really finding it hard to coup at the moment with the sheer volume and way less staff then normal. Even with the "extra" part time student staff they are still under staffed

By *leaserforPleasureTV/TS  over a year ago

Whitstable

Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed.

By *elshsunsWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

I live in North Wales so the extra pressure on our resources is something we teally don’t need ... those of use who live in rural areas struggle with resources at the best of times we are 30mins away from the nearest hospital so time delays on ambulances or paramedics etc literally does me life or death ... so please stay away

"I might be wrong but I think the point is the extra people in the holiday home areas. I live on the south coast with many holiday homes around, and yes there has been more people around last few weeks at their holiday homes and the shops like asda etc are really finding it hard to coup at the moment with the sheer volume and way less staff then normal. Even with the "extra" part time student staff they are still under staffed"

I agree and as a single person it'd be easier than a family as it's possible to take all that on board, and if you're simply going for the weekend you can take enough food with you (or research takeaway joints still operating like Just Eat and pay online).

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

No excuses

We are all in this together

It’s not difficult

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

We haven't, nor will we, there's no need to as we're at home. Yes it would be nice to be next to the river in a quaint town. It can wait.

"Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed."

I'm sure most second homes/holiday homes are caravans. I haven't got one of them either.

"I live in North Wales so the extra pressure on our resources is something we teally don’t need ... those of use who live in rural areas struggle with resources at the best of times we are 30mins away from the nearest hospital so time delays on ambulances or paramedics etc literally does me life or death ... so please stay away "

Absolutely agree but as I've said, there are ways.

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

"

Not a thinking person then?

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"

"

She is meant to be setting an example.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

"

We are not all in this together.

Thought that had been established?

By *ugarbearCouple  over a year ago

Tredegar

If the Scotish health minster can vist hers so can everyone esle or is do as i say not do as i do

"We haven't, nor will we, there's no need to as we're at home. Yes it would be nice to be next to the river in a quaint town. It can wait."

I'd prefer the sea air, sat in the garden of my huge holiday home (when one dreams, it's good to dream big ).

"If the Scotish health minster can vist hers so can everyone esle or is do as i say not do as i do "

I hadn't thought of that... I'll ring her up and ask if I can visit HER holiday home (after 72 hours) and I'll bring my food.

By *evaquitCouple  over a year ago

Catthorpe

"We haven't, nor will we, there's no need to as we're at home. Yes it would be nice to be next to the river in a quaint town. It can wait.

I'd prefer the sea air, sat in the garden of my huge holiday home (when one dreams, it's good to dream big ). "

That does sound nice

"We haven't, nor will we, there's no need to as we're at home. Yes it would be nice to be next to the river in a quaint town. It can wait.

I'd prefer the sea air, sat in the garden of my huge holiday home (when one dreams, it's good to dream big ).

That does sound nice "

I'm actually there... In my dreams... Don't wake me up... Actually do, so I can reapply sunscreen .

BTW I'm not actually advocating people do it. Let's face it, most of us only have one home. I'm simply stating one can mitigate risks when you take everything into account, however, the majority probably wouldn't (such as the beach sunbathing etc).

By *heBirminghamWeekendMan  over a year ago

here

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

Not a thinking person then? "

Nothing really to think about, is there.

Don’t visit second homes, holiday homes.

No exceptions, no “what ifs” or “buts”

By *rotic-TouchTV/TS  over a year ago

doncaster

She holds a position of responsibility and trust ,she acted selfishly and unresponsibly,she seems to be getting off lightly so far

If it was an actual bricks and mortar house I would be sorely tempted yes, the town would be set up with shops enough as if I was a resident. Caravans and tents would be another story as they are 'extra' residents. I havnt got one though so no worries there

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed.

I'm sure most second homes/holiday homes are caravans. I haven't got one of them either. "

No they aren't. They're houses taken from the local housing stock and it pushes the prices up beyond what local people can afford. Most of the caravans have local people living in them as that is all they can find to rent.

By *inky SpiceWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"I live in North Wales so the extra pressure on our resources is something we teally don’t need ... those of use who live in rural areas struggle with resources at the best of times we are 30mins away from the nearest hospital so time delays on ambulances or paramedics etc literally does me life or death ... so please stay away

Absolutely agree but as I've said, there are ways. "

No there are not ways of avoiding using the emergency services should a person fall ill or have an accident. In the Highlands there are very few ICU beds, I think it's 7 (could be wrong) at our one (that's right, ONE) proper hospital. That's a hospital that services an area the size of Wales and when the virus eventually comes here we're going to be in a more desperate state that the large towns and cities that people are leaving to come here. Anyone who comes to their second home here will get a visit from the police and told to return home and stop being selfish cunts. The police probably won't add that bit so I'll just leave it here

By *atEvolutionCouple  over a year ago

atlantisEVOLUTION Swingers Club. Stoke.

"And no I won't believe that none of you would. Really think about it. Think of the ways there would be no more risk to yourself (and family if not alone) and to anyone else outside this group, than if you stayed at home. "

Actually I wouldn't and haven't.

People that live in smaller Borough areas with smaller Hospital and Medical Facilities that are 'relatively' matched to the population of those areas really don't need people from very much larger conurbations flooding those facilties. It only takes a little thought to work that out really.

"Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed.

I'm sure most second homes/holiday homes are caravans. I haven't got one of them either.

No they aren't. They're houses taken from the local housing stock and it pushes the prices up beyond what local people can afford. Most of the caravans have local people living in them as that is all they can find to rent.

"

It depends on the area you live in. I personally don't know anyone who has a second house, but do know of people who have caravans.

"If the Scotish health minster can vist hers so can everyone esle or is do as i say not do as i do "

Exactly this. They should be setting an example.

Bending the rules but mainly sticking to them is great. Until you either pass it on or catch it yourself or a loved one. Can hear the should have stayed at home coming out then. It's not that hard to stay in really is it!

"And no I won't believe that none of you would. Really think about it. Think of the ways there would be no more risk to yourself (and family if not alone) and to anyone else outside this group, than if you stayed at home. "

Sorry to repeat but . . .

People that live in smaller Borough areas with smaller Hospital and Medical Facilities that are 'relatively' matched to the population of those areas really don't need people from very much larger conurbations flooding those facilties. It only takes a little thought to work that out really.

OK I'll extend the dream... Everyone in my little family group has had antibody testing (don't ruin the story by saying they're not available yet). They are considered immune. They pack their car and go to their luxury coastal house. They have food for the weekend and plan on spending it in the garden enjoying games and the sunshine.

So apart from circumstances under their control (like breaking a leg), they will have no reason to use the health service in their holiday area.

Sooooo.....

"OK I'll extend the dream... Everyone in my little family group has had antibody testing (don't ruin the story by saying they're not available yet). They are considered immune. They pack their car and go to their luxury coastal house. They have food for the weekend and plan on spending it in the garden enjoying games and the sunshine.

So apart from circumstances under their control (like breaking a leg), they will have no reason to use the health service in their holiday area.

Sooooo..... "

But that actually isn't the current circumstance is it?

"OK I'll extend the dream... Everyone in my little family group has had antibody testing (don't ruin the story by saying they're not available yet). They are considered immune. They pack their car and go to their luxury coastal house. They have food for the weekend and plan on spending it in the garden enjoying games and the sunshine.

Sooooo.....

But that actually isn't the current circumstance is it?"

Nor is dreaming about visiting a second home I haven't got .

By *omplexchiqueTV/TS  over a year ago

Sale

"Be honest?

I would. I wouldn't advertise the fact on social media though "

Given the lockdown guidance in place, please tell me how visiting a second home under any circumstance removes the requirement to ‘not undertake unnecessary travel’?

By *own and countryCouple  over a year ago

Tewkesbury

Not that I condone it..

But if I thought my family's only chance if survival was to go I would go..

Seeing the infections in London I am glad I am not there..

Laws are passed for the needs of the many , not the few .

By *andy 1Couple  over a year ago

northeast

if they want to visit a second house I know wer thers 1 with bars on the windows

Totally disagree OP. No excuses to add to local policing and health burdens. It's not necessary and selfish. Just do what most other people are doing. It's not a game.

Sale

[Removed by poster at 05/04/20 16:26:11]

"Not that I condone it..

Laws are passed for the needs of the many , not the few ."

At least you're thinking outside the box.

To be honest, if I had this imaginary large coastal house, it would be my only home, not the one I'm living in now.

I just think it's a good mental exercise to try and think differently, to sometimes see life through the eyes of others BUT taking into account various factors so you're not actually living life as "I'm alright Jack, fuck you".

I hope it’s not a case of “Do as I say, not as I do”, or that she doesn’t believe the rules don’t apply to her. She’ll have to resign once the crisis is under control.

"if they want to visit a second house I know wer thers 1 with bars on the windows "

Is it by the sea?

Sale

"Not that I condone it..

Laws are passed for the needs of the many , not the few ."

Your point is valid in that moving to another home for reasons of absolute survival can not be disputed however, surely that then makes your second home your new primary residence. The issue is one of ‘unnecessary travel’ which clearly the current CMO fails to appreciate.

There are lots and lots of people sunbathing in parks (not just London) who think that they are the special ones too. Selfish Selfish Selfish.

By *hav02Man  over a year ago

Glasgow/London

Her excuse was that she just wanted to check on the property before abandoning it for the next few months and just stay the one night before returning.

If this was true, she would have gone alone rather than make a family weekend trip of it.....

However, I'd also prefer to isolate in an isolated rural home if I could.

"Her excuse was that she just wanted to check on the property before abandoning it for the next few months and just stay the one night before returning.

If this was true, she would have gone alone rather than make a family weekend trip of it.....

However, I'd also prefer to isolate in an isolated rural home if I could."

and she went twice . . .

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We do have a second home but even if we could (at the moment we can't) we would not go there at the moment.

Spain has enough problems right now and they don't need extra people adding to it.

We are resigned to not getting there again until at least July.

By *elisandre300Woman  over a year ago

dontbefuckingnosey

I’m lucky enough to live in a small seaside town on the north west coast of wales.

We have two hospitals in our constituency.

Both an hour and a half away.

Both over stretched with just the current population.

As someone currently working on the front line (along with friends and family members) we are seeing first hand the devastating effects this virus is having. I’m begging everyone to abide by the guidelines.

I do feel sorry for those living in heavier populated areas but watching someone die from this virus really isn’t pleasant!

"We do have a second home but even if we could (at the moment we can't) we would not go there at the moment.

Spain has enough problems right now and they don't need extra people adding to it.

We are resigned to not getting there again until at least July."

I hadn't even thought of holiday homes abroad. That's a different kettle of fish

By *ob rodMan  over a year ago

lancaster

No TBF would worry about the journey

For Scottish health minister to go how an earth did she think it was ok when she’s in the public eye

On the plus side my toes were curling at the apology she gave on tele she just wanted the ground to open up and swallow her I was cringing for her

"I’m lucky enough to live in a small seaside town on the north west coast of wales.

We have two hospitals in our constituency.

Both an hour and a half away.

Both over stretched with just the current population.

As someone currently working on the front line (along with friends and family members) we are seeing first hand the devastating effects this virus is having. I’m begging everyone to abide by the guidelines.

I do feel sorry for those living in heavier populated areas but watching someone die from this virus really isn’t pleasant!

"

Keep doing a fabulous job

There’s definitely more people out n about now and I bet there’s gonna be even more in the next coming weeks

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Someone in the next village just hires a helicopter to fly them to their second home.

No problem.

My hubby been visiting his second home more.....the shed

Up on them there hills

"My hubby been visiting his second home more.....the shed "
bet it’s within WiFi distance.

"My hubby been visiting his second home more.....the shed bet it’s within WiFi distance.

"

Haha correct

By *ings66Man  over a year ago

Bristol

I would if I had a island of my own

"Be honest?

lol

"I would if I had a island of my own "

Knock up that Richard fella

"I hope it’s not a case of “Do as I say, not as I do”, or that she doesn’t believe the rules don’t apply to her. She’ll have to resign once the crisis is under control. "

She resigned tonight (Sunday).

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

We haven’t and we had a leak, it’s a good job we have a Fab neighbour to sort it

Agree there’s more people out and about than usual, seems everyone will be fit as fiddles once the lockdowns over with all the exercise their getting that they never did before

By *oruseandabuseCouple  over a year ago

chichester

"

The house was once owned by a local and they were happy to accept the inflated prices offered.

If a local only sold to a local and put a covenant on the sale we wouldn't have a problem.

Those selling are profiteering. Not those buying.

By *iger4uWoman  over a year ago

In my happy place

"No TBF would worry about the journey

For Scottish health minister to go how an earth did she think it was ok when she’s in the public eye

On the plus side my toes were curling at the apology she gave on tele she just wanted the ground to open up and swallow her I was cringing for her "

No sympathy for her at all

By *ete1260Man  over a year ago

Evesham

"Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed."
I must agree - Our Monarch has a problem then !!!!

"Until the housing shortage in the UK is addressed i would have a rising punitive tax system on second homes or even make it illegal, its the only way that the housing shortage will be addressed. I must agree - Our Monarch has a problem then !!!!"

Cor, the amount of bedsits a converted Buck Palace would make - that's London's homeless sorted

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

Thought that had been established?"

She certainly established the point. She committed the number one unforgivable sin....hypocrisy!! Supposed to be setting an example. Clearly a bear of bery little brain.

Didn't queen change residence?

One rule...

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

She certainly established the point. She committed the number one unforgivable sin....hypocrisy!! Supposed to be setting an example. Clearly a bear of bery little brain."

You mean she lacked common sense. She would not have got to her position without a brain.

Up on them there hills

"No excuses

It’s not difficult

She certainly established the point. She committed the number one unforgivable sin....hypocrisy!! Supposed to be setting an example. Clearly a bear of bery little brain."

Lost me?

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd probably make a permanent move, as the amount of living I've done, having multiple homes, isn't always healthy. In the current situation, its a case of putting up with the rules that we have though. I wouldn’t judge her as I don't know her full situation.

By *ighland gentlemanMan  over a year ago

Tain

"Didn't queen change residence?

One rule... "

Her Heir definitely did.

When he had the virus.

By *heIcebreakersCouple  over a year ago

Cramlington

OK, your is a position that underins the worst of politics, and the worst of society, but it's one I've heard before.

However, it's not a viewpoint that's worthy of respect. Asserting that your lack of conscience, lack of empathy and lack of concern for outhers is somehow acceptable because you believe, without any evidence, that everyone is the same as you, nut not as brave or as fearlessly honest as you, is the kind of nonsense scumbags like Katie Hopkins parrot to defend the inefensible.

Thank you for telling us all that, but, no, we're not all the same as you, and thank god for that.

Mr Icebreaker

"And no I won't believe that none of you would. Really think about it. Think of the ways there would be no more risk to yourself (and family if not alone) and to anyone else outside this group, than if you stayed at home.

OK, your is a position that underins the worst of politics, and the worst of society, but it's one I've heard before.

However, it's not a viewpoint that's worthy of respect. Asserting that your lack of conscience, lack of empathy and lack of concern for outhers is somehow acceptable because you believe, without any evidence, that everyone is the same as you, nut not as brave or as fearlessly honest as you, is the kind of nonsense scumbags like Katie Hopkins parrot to defend the inefensible.

Thank you for telling us all that, but, no, we're not all the same as you, and thank god for that.

Mr Icebreaker"

I wondered how long it'd be before someone spouted venom via a character assassination like this. Thankfully it took quite a while, which is very pleasing. However, I do find it sad when people cannot think outside the box, when they dare not go against the collective.

I do thank those who have given my words some thought but maintain the consensus through reasoned arguments.

By *ionelhutzMan  over a year ago

liverpool

One rule... "

Is that true?

"Be honest?

No one likes you am just saying

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

The thing is, there had been a big ho ha (technical term ) about folk going to holiday resorts/second homes in droves just the other week on tv. Which is what prompted everyone telling folk not to go their holiday homes etc.

And then she goes and does it. Twice. *facepalm*

She therefore put herself in an untenable position. She’d never be taken seriously after that.

And it’s a shame really, because how many Medical Advisors can they have knocking about? Not that many i’d imagine.

She fucked up. She admitted she fucked up, and she’s resigned. But she’ll still have this thrown back in her face at every given opportunity.

I wouldn't and didn't. But I agree with you, a lot of people would and do. This is why we need more police enforcement for the lockdown to be effective.

One rule...

Is that true?"

When the lockdown began she went to Windsor castle which is fine. If people have 2 homes they are and should be perfectly entitled to decide which one they stay in. The issue here is moving between the two. That’s not permitted.

"Be honest?

I would. I wouldn't advertise the fact on social media though

No one likes you am just saying "

One rule...

Is that true?

When the lockdown began she went to Windsor castle which is fine. If people have 2 homes they are and should be perfectly entitled to decide which one they stay in. The issue here is moving between the two. That’s not permitted. "

Oh to have the problem of which home to live in

"Be honest?

no because sensible people don't allow the self righteous to get self righteous

"Be honest?

I would. I wouldn't advertise the fact on social media though no because sensible people don't allow the self righteous to get self righteous "

Especially the uninformed self righteous

"Be honest?

I would. I wouldn't advertise the fact on social media though no because sensible people don't allow the self righteous to get self righteous

Especially the uninformed self righteous "

oh don't get me started on the uninformed self righteous

By *eah BabyCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire, Windermere ,Cumbria

The house was once owned by a local and they were happy to accept the inflated prices offered.

If a local only sold to a local and put a covenant on the sale we wouldn't have a problem.

Those selling are profiteering. Not those buying."

Falling over new empty houses where we live, definitely no shortage and as they can’t sell them they are trying to rent them at highly inflated prices but hey the council are still allowing more to be built, absolutely bonkers and now with all this and the possibility of job loses who the heck’s going to be buying them now, so all the countryside built on and for what? It would kind of help if they only allowed new houses to be built in the areas that did have a problem with shortages but no money talks.

By *moothdickMan  over a year ago

stoke

Be nice have one .... but still wouldn’t go now

goes against everything they are advising.

Do as I say, not do as I do. That's not a great look

By *edGrayCouple  over a year ago

Swindon

Another perspective is that if everyone was flocking to their holiday homes at the weekends, there is a greater possibility of fatal car accidents which would put more pressure on our frontline heroes. We personally have controlled ourselves from going out on our motorbikes for this reason.

» Add a new message to this topic