FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > USA > How close is to close?

How close is to close?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

For meeting someone?

Just had someone in our area that is very interested in a meet. I myself feel like its just way too close to home and don't even want to chance it, but have had others say go for it...I prefer 40 mins away minimum is that me being crazy?

Would love some feedback on this

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"For meeting someone?

Just had someone in our area that is very interested in a meet. I myself feel like its just way too close to home and don't even want to chance it, but have had others say go for it...I prefer 40 mins away minimum is that me being crazy?

Would love some feedback on this "

everyone is different but next door wouldn't bother me.

Totally agree - you want to push it at least 45 min away.

"Totally agree - you want to push it at least 45 min away. "

10 to 70 miles for us.

By *ongtime loversCouple  over a year ago

Central

Preferably some distance at least next town over...my career is too public to try to try to stay too close to home.

[Removed by poster at 25/01/14 07:30:42]

If discretion is your goal. your internal voices telling you something. always listen to it. it will never let you down. at least a 25 mile radius would guarantee at least some accidental meeting in public will not happen. but that internal voice will never steer you wrong. good luck and God bless

"For meeting someone?

Would love some feedback on this everyone is different but next door wouldn't bother me."

yea we are actually working on a friend down the road lol... For us the closer the better... We aren't really able to travel a lot.. So we try not to drive more then an hour and a half away

I guess this site or some of the crazy people ive dealt with has made me a bit of a pessimist lol so my thinking is okay with a neighbor and it doesn't go good and they think its great, they keep bothering me/us....I kinda like where I live lol would hate to have to move because they couldn't take no for an answer lol of course this is worse case scenario but I'm just saying I like the idea of not running into them at the local grocery store or mall etc.

To each their own tho. What works for some wont always work for others

"I guess this site or some of the crazy people ive dealt with has made me a bit of a pessimist lol so my thinking is okay with a neighbor and it doesn't go good and they think its great, they keep bothering me/us....I kinda like where I live lol would hate to have to move because they couldn't take no for an answer lol of course this is worse case scenario but I'm just saying I like the idea of not running into them at the local grocery store or mall etc.

To each their own tho. What works for some wont always work for others "

That is so true. We never do meets at our place. So as long as it's not an actual neighbor, we're good.

By *hatzurpleasureMan  over a year ago

Dumont

Everyone has a difference of opinion. Some like to entertain from home as well as travel. Neutral grounds or a half way point for both to meet may also be considered. If you can not accommodate but can travel then use your judgment and follow your gut. Meet them on neutral grounds.

We both have pretty public careers, so we like a little distance. A 45 minute drive is almost to close.

Social meets with no intention of playing later are different... But personally yes I feel better about the 45 mins to 2 hours for the right people

» Add a new message to this topic