FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Not swinging related at all ...

Not swinging related at all ...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Does anyone know about working hours , reasonable requests etc for new starters with children , if so I need some advice please

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ottie_84Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

Give ACAS a call they're usually on the ball with these things

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Are you asking if an employer needs to put in place special hours if you have kids?

In the main, no they don't.

"Does anyone know about working hours , reasonable requests etc for new starters with children , if so I need some advice please "

I think you need to have worked there a set amount of time, either 6 or 12 months, but it is a request only and they can deny it if there is a business need

Basically I've just started my new job , they know I'm a single parent .

Have to go away for training leave early and come back late , and il only be paid for the hours between 10-4 not the travelling time ..: now I don't know how I can find child care that early in the day no clubs etc are open and it's not fair for friends , plus I would have to pay for the after school club out of my own pocket as I wont be paid from 4pm ..... It's training and my second week so I'm all worried about This

It's called flexible hours, you need to be in work for 26 weeks

https://www.gov.uk/flexible-working

"Basically I've just started my new job , they know I'm a single parent .

Have to go away for training leave early and come back late , and il only be paid for the hours between 10-4 not the travelling time ..: now I don't know how I can find child care that early in the day no clubs etc are open and it's not fair for friends , plus I would have to pay for the after school club out of my own pocket as I wont be paid from 4pm ..... It's training and my second week so I'm all worried about This "

Did they tell you about this during your interview and when they offered you the job ?

"Does anyone know about working hours , reasonable requests etc for new starters with children , if so I need some advice please "

If your starting a new job my advice would be join unison they will give you all the advice you need and be there to back you up of you need them

Never start a new job without a union

"Basically I've just started my new job , they know I'm a single parent .

Have to go away for training leave early and come back late , and il only be paid for the hours between 10-4 not the travelling time ..: now I don't know how I can find child care that early in the day no clubs etc are open and it's not fair for friends , plus I would have to pay for the after school club out of my own pocket as I wont be paid from 4pm ..... It's training and my second week so I'm all worried about This

Did they tell you about this during your interview and when they offered you the job ?"

Was told and agreed to be flexible with working hours of 9-8 pm , which is fine , but not told I would have to do extra hours during my training for free .

My contract states I must be given four weeks notice of shifts .

"Does anyone know about working hours , reasonable requests etc for new starters with children , if so I need some advice please

If your starting a new job my advice would be join unison they will give you all the advice you need and be there to back you up of you need them

Never start a new job without a union "

Great idea I will look into it thank u

I am happy to do it , but would rather have the five hours extra that I will be having to do to travel there , off my working week !

I am only doing 16 hours so it's a fair chunk !

As long as can get the child care . Got a funny feeling this is gonna end up a nightmare and they won't be flexible

» Add a new message to this topic