FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Let down

Let down

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a rise in the number of no shows as of late?

Out of the last 8 meets we have arranged with single guys we have been let down 7 times. We have been on the scene and swingers sites for 15 year but never had a spell no where like this before.

We have decided to stick with other ways we meet that are more fruitful so not a problem but was just wondering if it's just a spell of bad luck or others have seen it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sounds like bad luck, the guys all verified?

By *yrdwomanWoman  over a year ago

Putting the 'cum' in Eboracum

Not really, but then I don't have a high volume of meets, and I always do a social first now.

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

"Not really, but then I don't have a high volume of meets, and I always do a social first now."

This

"Not really, but then I don't have a high volume of meets, and I always do a social first now."

We normally meet someone at our local and if all goes well after a quick drink/chat bring him home, always done the same for years and worked well but just recent we don't even get as far as them turning up lol

By *anky_PankyWoman  over a year ago

Filthy Fuckeryville

I nearly always do a social first for this reason, but you still get occasional plonkers.

I think couples suffer more though from what I've seen (no ACTUAL proof of this, just an impression I get off here) and for some couples are a second choice to a single fem - although sometimes far more fun than one on one!

Try not to let the buggers grind ya down xx

By *entleman JayMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

I had a no show. Apparently "she" got the days mixed up (only arranged the coffee meet to days before) lol. I'm busy I've got better things to do with my time than being stood up!

I've had loads of no shows. I think I just pick the dick heads

"I nearly always do a social first for this reason, but you still get occasional plonkers.

I think couples suffer more though from what I've seen (no ACTUAL proof of this, just an impression I get off here) and for some couples are a second choice to a single fem - although sometimes far more fun than one on one!

Try not to let the buggers grind ya down xx"

lol At "plonker", love that word!

We do quite well now going to bars now and we also find we meet peeps for fun messing about in a little private area we found when the weather is nice. So for a while will just stick to that.

"I had a no show. Apparently "she" got the days mixed up (only arranged the coffee meet to days before) lol. I'm busy I've got better things to do with my time than being stood up!"

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

Never had a problem turning up..

Or indeed other people turning up (thankfully)

dare i say this without triggering one - we have never had a no show

"I've had loads of no shows. I think I just pick the dick heads "

Maybe after they messed you about they come to us - or other way round lol

" dare i say this without triggering one - we have never had a no show"

Then you need to tell us your secret lol because up until about 2 year ago ours always turned up, then it was just the rare odd one and now 7 out of 8

Maybe we need to look at our methods

By *erfectman122Man  over a year ago

from somewhere nice

Never had a no show but I do understand it happens on here

Stick with regular meets who I know will turn up and go to clubs x

A couple of years ago we had a run of no shows 15 out of 16 went that way ,held a party here other week and more no shows lol mostly guys sadly

I have had no shows and men who backed out with cold feet. XXX

By *damdoesMan  over a year ago

Bristol/swindon

I've lost count the number of times the time of the month suddenly happens!

I don't lose any sleep over it.

Clubs are generally a better place to meet.

"I've had loads of no shows. I think I just pick the dick heads

Maybe after they messed you about they come to us - or other way round lol"

Probably as we're not far away. I can spot them now. Today's no show was due to the fact I didn't respond in the way he wanted yesterday when he told me what activity he was mid stroke on

"I've had loads of no shows. I think I just pick the dick heads

Maybe after they messed you about they come to us - or other way round lol

Probably as we're not far away. I can spot them now. Today's no show was due to the fact I didn't respond in the way he wanted yesterday when he told me what activity he was mid stroke on "

We thought we could spot them! lol maybe out timewaster radar is broken

"Stick with regular meets who I know will turn up and go to clubs x"

Yeah we have a couple of friends we meet now and then and they never let us down so for now, no newbies

We've had a few of them now, only meeting verified guys from now on.

Have had this happen before was on the train to meet a female who Id been chatting to for a while only for her to message me an hour into my journey to say she could not meet as a family member was ill,later that night she displayed a verification saying she had met someone the same day as we were meant to meet,I received a message from her that night and she had the cheek to ask if we could meet the following day lol

The only no shows have been in my inbox! I struggle to get a response from couples at all, let alone a chance to stand them up!

Went to a party aa couple of weeks ago... 4 confirmed couples didn't show. Onky one called to say they had car trouble. It's definitely not just the single guys or gals.

I've had guys not show and get a veri the same day from someone else. Recently had a guy who stood me up 2 yrs ago on here re message me and apologise again for standing me up.... made a new date.... stood me up.

By *tillup4funMan  over a year ago

Wakefield

"Hello

Just wondering if anyone else has seen a rise in the number of no shows as of late?

Out of the last 8 meets we have arranged with single guys we have been let down 7 times. We have been on the scene and swingers sites for 15 year but never had a spell no where like this before.

We have decided to stick with other ways we meet that are more fruitful so not a problem but was just wondering if it's just a spell of bad luck or others have seen it?"

I think a lot of guys are on here for the chase they get their thrill from getting a meet, knowing someone wants to meet them but not going to the meet.

Sorry but totally disagree there are time wasters who are both men and women the fact is that at the last minute they might get what they perceive yo be a better offer and are to lazy or ignorant to be honest and inform the person they had arranged to meet that they have changed there minds

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I don't generally have a problem but did have some in years gone by - but I've been unable to have many meets the last year or so.

I do like the idea of having all parties to a meet confirming it by something like a sent invitation being clicked/accepted.

If they did that it would help fab verify no shows easily, following reports. And then to monitor users who are troublesome to others.

In addition to veris, you could also show your % of confirmed and actually attended meets.

I've suggested such a site feature before but it didn't get massive support.

Would you feel more likely to meet someone if their profile stated a 100% meet success, compared to lower? Wouldn't this help reward people who are genuine and will always meet, subject to not having a crisis?

What do you guys who've been let down think? Would you use such a feature, if only you, your meet and admin could view the full details of each meet and if users could share their private meet attendance % on demand, a bit like sharing a private photo with someone else?

I would and I'd be wary if users would not share their attendance report %, preferring to meet somebody else instead who would.

"I don't generally have a problem but did have some in years gone by - but I've been unable to have many meets the last year or so.

I do like the idea of having all parties to a meet confirming it by something like a sent invitation being clicked/accepted.

If they did that it would help fab verify no shows easily, following reports. And then to monitor users who are troublesome to others.

In addition to veris, you could also show your % of confirmed and actually attended meets.

Would you feel more likely to meet someone if their profile stated a 100% meet success, compared to lower? Wouldn't this help reward people who are genuine and will always meet, subject to not having a crisis?

What do you guys who've been let down think? Would you use such a feature, if only you, your meet and admin could view the full details of each meet and if users could share their private meet attendance % on demand, a bit like sharing a private photo with someone else?

I would and I'd be wary if users would not share their attendance report %, preferring to meet somebody else instead who would.

"

Yes that would be a good idea,

Another site we was on had a similar feature but there was a bit long winded.

"Sorry but totally disagree there are time wasters who are both men and women the fact is that at the last minute they might get what they perceive yo be a better offer and are to lazy or ignorant to be honest and inform the person they had arranged to meet that they have changed there minds "

"I don't generally have a problem but did have some in years gone by - but I've been unable to have many meets the last year or so.

"

I suggested exact same thing as well as other things in the feedback forum a few weeks ago. People commented that there are no problems with people not turning up. Clearly there are, admin don't seem interested in the idea anyway.

By *uck princess and himCouple  over a year ago

washington

Yeah, then we get twisted at for only meeting at the club.

-Princess xx

Never

Everyone has turned up so far

A few cancelled ones though but normally notice of at least 4 hours

By *eliciousladyWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes U.K

A couple of times yes.

Have had 4 from the same guy and no reason given..yes more fool me for agreeing to 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

"A couple of times yes.

Have had 4 from the same guy and no reason given..yes more fool me for agreeing to 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

"

I've given 3 guys 2nd chances and they all did the same. Never again. 1 chance only now

I was let down today. It's annoying but when you do meet good people on here it's worth the disapointment of let downs.

Never understand guys who let women/couples down. What's the point of being on here?

Of course I'm sure there are some valid reasons for no-shows sometimes, but I'd guess the majority are just time wasters.

By *ficouldMan  over a year ago

a quandary, could you change my mind?

"A couple of times yes.

"

That's perfect ly awful of any man to stand up a lady!

Bet he doesn't let people know he stands people up. I presume you blocked the 'not so man'

By *orthernlad57Man  over a year ago

Bolton

i had a no show the other day, and i had a 50 mile round trip, not a happy bunny

» Add a new message to this topic