FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Should we give profile advice?

Should we give profile advice?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Would you really want to meet someone who doesn't have the common sense or personality to work it out for themselves?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

xxx

By *ilacWoman  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Would you really want to meet someone who doesn't have the common sense or personality to work it out for themselves?"

"Would you really want to meet someone who doesn't have the common sense or personality to work it out for themselves?"

I've thought this myself and stopped giving advice. To be honest it's so rare they actually follow the advice they're given there's not much point anyway.

Not everyone has been on the scene for years. So some people may be less experienced. Wouldn't stop me meeting them.

By *roticGoddessXXWoman  over a year ago

Richmond

...says the one with an actual sense of humor that shows on his profile.

Or giving advice if asked

By *obbytupperMan  over a year ago

Menston near Ilkley

A bit like giving ammunition to the other side?

I certainly wouldn't want to meet anyone who listens to most of the advice given on here

If a work colleague asked for help, you shouldn't help. It's down to whether your selfish or not I guess. There's a word called altruism, giving for no gain.

The problem with giving advice is that we will give advice on what WE want to see on a profile and that might not be what the person asking for advice is aiming for.

"The problem with giving advice is that we will give advice on what WE want to see on a profile and that might not be what the person asking for advice is aiming for."

Exactly. I want to see a true reflection of a person and their personality....not what they think that others think they should be.

By *r.BlondeMan  over a year ago

Chester/Wirral

There is always room for improvement though, so a few little suggestions from experienced people might help.

By *orset manMan  over a year ago

Bournemouth

I once gave a bloke on Portland some advice due to the fact that his spelling was awful and made him look stupid- he promptly blocked me!

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I don't give profile advice. If they are happy with their profile and feel it is a clear representation of themselves then I am happy for them to show themselves as the total twats that they are. Why would I want to help them look half way decent and dupe some poor, unsuspecting fab user to meet them.

Nah, let them get on with it.

It's probably knowing where to draw the line too. If they are fat, do you say loose weight. Or if they are a munter, do you say best not put face pics on.

I am new to all this and would love advice if anyone is offering. So far 30 views not one message

"I certainly wouldn't want to meet anyone who listens to most of the advice given on here "

Now that's an excellent point

"I don't give profile advice. If they are happy with their profile and feel it is a clear representation of themselves then I am happy for them to show themselves as the total twats that they are. Why would I want to help them look half way decent and dupe some poor, unsuspecting fab user to meet them.

Nah, let them get on with it."

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Have given advice in the past.. but wondered do these people walk around a nightclub asking for advice if they are not pulling or chatting

We used to offer advice until we realised people don't listen much. Plus you sometimes get your head bitten off for trying to help.

The only advice I would give to those asking for advice is ... Don't ask

Ermh...can I have some profile advice please ?

Clems advice would go to the top .

"Ermh...can I have some profile advice please ?

Clems advice would go to the top ."

Looking good mate..

"Not everyone has been on the scene for years. So some people may be less experienced. Wouldn't stop me meeting them."

Same here and some members don't want to put too much on because of their jobs ect. XXX

I don't mind giving advice, if they don't listen to it that's up to them

It's the people who come on, ask for advice, get the hump, or don't bother to take anything on board, that you just know are the ones you're not going to communicate with

how can anyone advise someone they don't know how to do there profile ?? you cant the only person who know themselves is themselves

By *espectful rogueMan  over a year ago

aylesbury

i actually just asked for profile advice in another forum, dont i feel like the muppet,

Chester/Wirral

"how can anyone advise someone they don't know how to do there profile ?? you cant the only person who know themselves is themselves "
yes but some have a lot to learn an just little advice about photos or profile text can help them.

I've taken advice before, and happily would again.

Something that seems simple and obvious to one person might just never have occurred to another.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

People can ask for advice and ppl will give it.

If I profile is blank or ' will fill in later', no pics the advice would be add something about yourself likes, dislikes then it's up to the person asking if they take your opinion.

Awful business this helping people out. We should all keep quiet and not give advice to the new and inexperienced...bastards...all wanting to know what other people like so they can grow and adjust.

We should extend this attitude to the rest of life too and never teach anyone new things..wanna be a mechanic? Fuck off...go work it all out yourself. Wanna cook...piss off if you cant figure it out alone.

If someone can't work out for themselves that 10 cock pics and "will fill in later" is a shit profile, then no, they don't deserve any help.

"Not everyone has been on the scene for years. So some people may be less experienced. Wouldn't stop me meeting them."

I have been trying with you though

Chester/Wirral

"If someone can't work out for themselves that 10 cock pics and "will fill in later" is a shit profile, then no, they don't deserve any help. "
it's entertaining though when they wonder why they don't work

"If someone can't work out for themselves that 10 cock pics and "will fill in later" is a shit profile, then no, they don't deserve any help. "

If someone cant work out how to change a head gasket on their car (pretty simple) then they don't deserve any help either.

Some people just have the wrong idea is all..point them in the right direction and some might surprise you.

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be

Chester/Wirral

"If someone can't work out for themselves that 10 cock pics and "will fill in later" is a shit profile, then no, they don't deserve any help.

If someone cant work out how to change a head gasket on their car (pretty simple) then they don't deserve any help either.

Some people just have the wrong idea is all..point them in the right direction and some might surprise you.

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be "

I think it depends who the advice is off as well though if it's off somebody not deemed successful it would be questionable to listen to the I think.

"If someone can't work out for themselves that 10 cock pics and "will fill in later" is a shit profile, then no, they don't deserve any help.

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be I think it depends who the advice is off as well though if it's off somebody not deemed successful it would be questionable to listen to the I think."

I guess it's up the person asking for the advice who they heed...its's their call to pick who's advice is most appropriate.

Chester/Wirral

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be I think it depends who the advice is off as well though if it's off somebody not deemed successful it would be questionable to listen to the I think.

I guess it's up the person asking for the advice who they heed...its's their call to pick who's advice is most appropriate."

I think some are so desperate they will listen to anybody to hopefully get a meet

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be I think it depends who the advice is off as well though if it's off somebody not deemed successful it would be questionable to listen to the I think.

I guess it's up the person asking for the advice who they heed...its's their call to pick who's advice is most appropriate. I think some are so desperate they will listen to anybody to hopefully get a meet "

Your not wrong.

Somebody listened to me once!

"

No you're right. They should leave it to someone who knows what they are doing!

No you're right. They should leave it to someone who knows what they are doing! "

Or someone who knew could show them what to do...then they'd know too...the sharing of knowledge...teach a man to fish and all that

If someone is too stupid to locate the 'forum search' and see one of the other thousand threads where people got the same advice then I'm not sure they should engage in activities that risk their genes being passed on.

Or someone who knew could show them what to do...then they'd know too...the sharing of knowledge...teach a man to fish and all that "

But this has nothing to do with knowledge really. There is no secret formula. There is nothing that can be taught. It's writing a few words about yourself and what you are looking for and putting up some pics that vaguely resemble yourself. I really don't see how that can ever be hard. And if it is the maybe the internet isn't the place to be looking.

Or someone who knew could show them what to do...then they'd know too...the sharing of knowledge...teach a man to fish and all that

But this has nothing to do with knowledge really. There is no secret formula. There is nothing that can be taught. It's writing a few words about yourself and what you are looking for and putting up some pics that vaguely resemble yourself. I really don't see how that can ever be hard. And if it is the maybe the internet isn't the place to be looking. "

Some people do find it hard to get themselves across...i didn't when i joined. My profile was shite (probably still is) and it took me a bit of asking and reading and poking about till something occurred to me.

Different people find different things hard..

I'm utterly shit at self promotion and was very thankful for the lovely folk of the forums giving me the odd pointer and hint.

But this has nothing to do with knowledge really. There is no secret formula. There is nothing that can be taught. It's writing a few words about yourself and what you are looking for and putting up some pics that vaguely resemble yourself. I really don't see how that can ever be hard. And if it is the maybe the internet isn't the place to be looking.

Some people do find it hard to get themselves across...i didn't when i joined. My profile was shite (probably still is) and it took me a bit of asking and reading and poking about till something occurred to me.

I'm utterly shit at self promotion and was very thankful for the lovely folk of the forums giving me the odd pointer and hint."

The main issue i would have is that I'm pretty sure their advice would have been no cock pics or action shots. Advice which you have ignored. So you clearly have some idea how to put a profile together to represent you. You see my point?

By *ivemeyoursoulWoman  over a year ago

Easter just around the corner!

If they don't heed the advice then yeah...fuck em. Or don't as the case may be "

"I certainly wouldn't want to meet anyone who listens to most of the advice given on here "

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

You wouldn't think many would be against the idea of giving advice given some of the threads were people's profile are ripped apart.....

"You wouldn't think many would be against the idea of giving advice given some of the threads were people's profile are ripped apart....."

That's also true. I asked for profile advice once and got quite alot of rather, sarcastic and downright unpleasant mail.

Though I also got some lovely tips that prompted a complete rethink and which I really appreciated!

By *igeiaWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

I actually don't think profiles are that important in the grander scheme of things. Hardly anyone who messages me ever reads mine but sometimes I get a really good message and start a conversation. The regular squeeze has a one line profile and no pics. I still met him because we clicked via messages. I've often wondered if he would have messaged me in the first place if my profile was as sparse as his, though.

"You wouldn't think many would be against the idea of giving advice given some of the threads were people's profile are ripped apart....."

I don't believe I've ever ripped someone's profile apart

I'm utterly shit at self promotion and was very thankful for the lovely folk of the forums giving me the odd pointer and hint.

The main issue i would have is that I'm pretty sure their advice would have been no cock pics or action shots. Advice which you have ignored. So you clearly have some idea how to put a profile together to represent you. You see my point?"

I added those later...

I started out with a shit and short profile and a couple of crap pics.

On advice i lengthened my profile. ..made it all nice..better pics of face and such...all fairly generic, and got a couple of meets..that was partly to the nice advice i got and that started me off, only then once i'd found my own feet i started figuring out how to be more 'me' started caring less what pics i put up and carving it my own way.

I do see what you mean but we all need a little start in some areas if life..i think it's a nice thing to help a person along a bit. If they don't figure it out themselves after that then it's tough but me personally..i'm thankful for that nudge to get me going and i found that nudge here in the forum from all you buggers.

it's a scary world to try and walk into for some newbies and sometimes ill approached by some for sure but plenty folk just need a bit of a pointer. Some couldn't find their way with a sat nav but there are plenty of clueless yet good new people i'm sure

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

"You wouldn't think many would be against the idea of giving advice given some of the threads were people's profile are ripped apart.....

That's also true. I asked for profile advice once and got quite alot of rather, sarcastic and downright unpleasant mail.

Though I also got some lovely tips that prompted a complete rethink and which I really appreciated!"

for the last paragraph

"how can anyone advise someone they don't know how to do there profile ?? you cant the only person who know themselves is themselves yes but some have a lot to learn an just little advice about photos or profile text can help them."

learn from who .. what makes anyone any better than the person asking ...the point is the person writing the profile knows who he is and what he wants so he/she/they just need to write it down

The main issue i would have is that I'm pretty sure their advice would have been no cock pics or action shots. Advice which you have ignored. So you clearly have some idea how to put a profile together to represent you. You see my point?

I added those later...

I started out with a shit and short profile and a couple of crap pics.

On advice i lengthened my profile. ..made it all nice..better pics of face and such...all fairly generic, and got a couple of meets..that was partly to the nice advice i got and that started me off, only then once i'd found my own feet i started figuring out how to be more 'me' started caring less what pics i put up and carving it my own way.

I do see what you mean but we all need a little start in some areas if life..i think it's a nice thing to help a person along a bit. If they don't figure it out themselves after that then it's tough but me personally..i'm thankful for that nudge to get me going and i found that nudge here in the forum from all you buggers.

it's a scary world to try and walk into for some newbies and sometimes ill approached by some for sure but plenty folk just need a bit of a pointer. Some couldn't find their way with a sat nav but there are plenty of clueless yet good new people i'm sure "

A very convincing argument 'for'. Thank you.

I haven't had my mind changed in ages but you've really made me think.

"The problem with giving advice is that we will give advice on what WE want to see on a profile and that might not be what the person asking for advice is aiming for.

Exactly. I want to see a true reflection of a person and their personality....not what they think that others think they should be."

Exactly this -)

» Add a new message to this topic