FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Why don't people put effort in their descriptions?

Why don't people put effort in their descriptions?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Because they can simples

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I also hate the just ask

Mines very short and simple. But it's a very specific profile I think it says enough

I had a more vanilla profile. That went into lots of detail

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

I think mine maybe verging on the long winded variety

"Because they can simples"

Yours is a perfect size not to long and definitely not short. Explains a lot of your interests.

"I think mine maybe verging on the long winded variety "

Yes yours is perfect I just see a lot of men that don't have anything or put ask me.

By *rs Mia WallaceWoman  over a year ago

Bathwyche

Dare i ask for opinions on my long one?!

"Dare i ask for opinions on my long one?!"

Mines very long as well, buts that because I update it with likes and dislikes I think it's necessary to avoid chatting or meeting someone you might not actually like x I think even though a longer one take more time to read if someone is putting the effort in to read it then they will have s better understanding of who I am and what I'm looking for x

By *errygTV/TS  over a year ago

denton

i find a lot dont bother to read any profile, message the pictures.

Mine hopefully reflects my personality

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish. "

Because it is preferable than to fill a profile up with meaningless rubbish that has no legal weight

"Dare i ask for opinions on my long one?!"

Yours is good, says what you want clearly and is easy to read.

Got me very interested if you are in to a younger man.

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish. "

But yours is a massive wall of text (mostly pointless legal notices) that says pretty muh nothing about you.

The only thin i learned about your interests besides a lost of donts was you like rough anal.

And thats not really a conversation starter.

The only way your profile shows what kind of person you are is that youre a bit gullible and copied all the pointles unenforcable legal notices you could find.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

"Because they can simples

Yours is a perfect size not to long and definitely not short. Explains a lot of your interests. "

Aww thank you x

Hell one of your notices is a chainletter from facebook specifically referencing facebook.

"Because they can simples

Yours is a perfect size not to long and definitely not short. Explains a lot of your interests.

Aww thank you x "

Second that

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish.

But yours is a massive wall of text (mostly pointless legal notices) that says pretty muh nothing about you.

The only thin i learned about your interests besides a lost of donts was you like rough anal.

The only way your profile shows what kind of person you are is that youre a bit gullible and copied all the pointles unenforcable legal notices you could find."

I just did that because all my pics were turning up On other sites. I didn't use to have them I will clean up my description x

I hate the 'just ask' ones too, and a one liner is an instant switch-off for me. But then mine is inordinately long (though it contains a warning as such right at the top).

By *otblondewife hornyMrCouple  over a year ago

Cambuslang

I prefer profiles that get to the point rather than go on and on......

By *ervent_fervourMan  over a year ago

Halifax

Because they think they're God's gift, they are God's gift, or they have no imagination?

Nowt of which indicates they'd probably be a very good shag.

Maybe..?

By *t my DesiresWoman  over a year ago

Bitchville

Mines just rants on and on, but have to say, meeting some seriously fine guys lol

How very dare they?

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Their profile their choices, it's a filter in itself.

I often think about rewriting mine, then I think it's a pretty good reflection of me it seems to work ok it's not broken so why try and fix it.

By *ENDAROOSCouple  over a year ago

South West London / Surrey

We used to have a fairly detailed profile when we were actively looking for new meets. Hardly anyone bothered to read it, judging by the messages we used to get.

Not much has changed since we changed it to a few lines.

By *ed LipstickWoman  over a year ago

Fucksville

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish. I prefer profiles that get to the point rather than go on and on......"

I'm hoping that mine's somewhere in the middle!

My profile says what I want but says nothing about myself, if I listed what my personality was like I'd get no messages at all!

By *ice guy 44Man  over a year ago

wrexham

Does not mater what you puy people dont read it

I have considered messaging a female. Looked at her profile, there's one pic, and a very short one sentence line.

I sat there and thought, well what am I supposed to say? Nice pic? Comment on her personality?

She was about the right age and location that I was looking for at that time is pretty much the reason her profile was in front of me. I had no choice but to skip it. I bet she moans to herself that she doesn't get quality messages from men too lol.

By *xplorecpl25Couple  over a year ago

manchester

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish.

The only way your profile shows what kind of person you are is that youre a bit gullible and copied all the pointles unenforcable legal notices you could find."

By *rafty98Man  over a year ago

herts

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish. I prefer profiles that get to the point rather than go on and on......

I'm hoping that mine's somewhere in the middle! "

A well constructed profile clearly stating what you would like and also giving a hint of the personality behind the profile.

Well considering a lot don't read profiles what does it matter lol. Who cares your profile you can do what you like... mines currently blank hasn't changed anything. Makes no difference if it's filled out or blank

Long profiles are pointless, they reflect either how the author sees themselves, or how they would like to project themselves to their target audience. Neither of these necessarily reflects the reality from the perspective of a third party.

I think you need a detailed descriptive profile if you are choosy and wish to out the wrong folk. I don't expect or want a complete CV but half a dozen lines won't appeal to me

"Long profiles are pointless, they reflect either how the author sees themselves, or how they would like to project themselves to their target audience. Neither of these necessarily reflects the reality from the perspective of a third party."

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

It truly baffles me why men think they don't have to make an effort with a profile and pics yet they are always moaning why they can't get a meet.

Then they have the cheek to message me saying they love my profile and pics yet they have nothing on theirs to entice me. Those I just ignore

We like to read a little a out someone before chatting, most with one line profiles message in much the same way, its hard to have a conversation with 1-2 word replies.

Our profile is probably still a bit long, but it's the condensed version of our previous one

It depends on who you wish to attract;

some people don't want to know all your ins and outs; they just want to meet someone they find attractive in a physical sense and fuck (sorry bit base but you know...)

some people do want to know your ins and outs; they just want to meet someone they find attractive in a physical and mental sense and fuck (base again)

For the first group; the photos will be enough to tempt them into messaging; if they enjoy the conversation; then they will meet

For the second group , some photos may be off putting but the text in the profile may override that, they may message and if they enjoy the conversation then they will meet.

The ONLY issue with fab; is that people in one group cannot see the merits of the other group; and so the forums are a constant battle ground between them

Cock/cunt pics vs no cock/cunt pics (sorry for word usage)

Fuck first vs social first

Very little profile text vs lots of profile text

NSA vs Getting to know someone

This SHOULDN'T be a problem; and for most it isn't; as mature adults we should recognise that we are all different and that each person/couple manages their profile and their "fab" life in a way that suits them...

....those that cannot accept this, well, will have a lot of angst and drama.

"It depends on who you wish to attract;

some people don't want to know all your ins and outs; they just want to meet someone they find attractive in a physical sense and fuck (sorry bit base but you know...)

some people do want to know your ins and outs; they just want to meet someone they find attractive in a physical and mental sense and fuck (base again)

For the first group; the photos will be enough to tempt them into messaging; if they enjoy the conversation; then they will meet

For the second group , some photos may be off putting but the text in the profile may override that, they may message and if they enjoy the conversation then they will meet.

The ONLY issue with fab; is that people in one group cannot see the merits of the other group; and so the forums are a constant battle ground between them

This SHOULDN'T be a problem; and for most it isn't; as mature adults we should recognise that we are all different and that each person/couple manages their profile and their "fab" life in a way that suits them...

....those that cannot accept this, well, will have a lot of angst and drama."

oh but it's fun watching the drama...please don't listen to this man and continue arguing which way is best......please!!

"It depends on who you wish to attract;

....those that cannot accept this, well, will have a lot of angst and drama.

oh but it's fun watching the drama...please don't listen to this man and continue arguing which way is best......please!! "

YOU AGAIN!!! don't listen to this woman; she is an "egger"

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

I have two hundred lines of rubbish

people seem to like our profile- when they meet us like us even more - just sayin

They do - doesn't mean anyone will read it though.....

We certainly know when someone has read ours

Mx

"They do - doesn't mean anyone will read it though.....

We certainly know when someone has read ours

Mx"

I just read yours....very informative

By *lumsy colinMan  over a year ago

basingstoke

when i first joined I wrote a profile that went on and on and i got nowhere

i read the advice from fab and forum users shortened it a bit got nowhere i went to socials got nowhere i went to clubs and so on got nowhere

A friend joined and of course she had a great time and told me what was wrong and she wrote my profile guess what happened i just perv the pics now and post on furoms

*coughs*

Mine has so much thought I gave myself a headache!

Some people only swing in clubs, therefore any online acitvity, including how your profile looks, is irrelevant.

Not everybody uses this site as a sex hook-up site / dating site.

"Long profiles are pointless, they reflect either how the author sees themselves, or how they would like to project themselves to their target audience. Neither of these necessarily reflects the reality from the perspective of a third party."
VERY refreshing point of view, and SO true!

personally, some people have done their best to rid me from here, and some have done their best to welcome me.

I drop back in for the later and feel no need to spend as much time on a profile write up as I have wasted on subscriptions.

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

Mine is just a single line of humour (though most completely miss it).

"*coughs*

Mine has so much thought I gave myself a headache!"

Profile picture alone works

Writing a profile is a waste of time.

All you need is 100 cock pics to catch the ladies

By *inky BunnyMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

It should be concise and pithy no more than 12 words..

Beyond that you're just blowing smoke...

"I just think it's an important place to show what kind of person you are but a lot of people have like two lines of rubbish. Some people only swing in clubs, therefore any online acitvity, including how your profile looks, is irrelevant.

Not everybody uses this site as a sex hook-up site / dating site."

Very true

"*coughs*

Mine has so much thought I gave myself a headache!

Profile picture alone works "

Be still my beating ovaries

For some it's too short. For others too long, too detailed...too demanding... We simply can't please everybody

Some rather put more effort into actual meet than a profile. Some rather put more effort into creating awesome profile (in their eyes) than actual meet. Some do both. Some can't give a fuck about either... It's just life

My profile text helps to reduce people messaging me

By *VBethTV/TS  over a year ago

Warminster

I've tried to make a sensible short list of do/don'ts to eliminate pointless messages but so many people can't read my location properly let alone the text....

People say that mines a tad too wordy though I am sure most never actually read it lol

» Add a new message to this topic