FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swingers Chat > Winks and One Liners

Winks and One Liners

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Here's a bit of a debate question.

I see a lot of people say no winks or one liners, what is so many peoples issue with them.

I find the wink facility very good and sometimes a one liner is needed to break the ice!

What does everyone else think?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Here's a bit of a debate question.

I see a lot of people say no winks or one liners, what is so many peoples issue with them.

I find the wink facility very good and sometimes a one liner is needed to break the ice!

What does everyone else think?"

I think winks are great and allow ppl to show interest in your profile, if ppl look at my profile and don't wink me I conclude thry aren't interested in.

But when a profile catches my eyes I do let her/them know by a msg... generally more than one line though

Quite right !!!

Sometimes winking and one liners make all the difference to start a convo

By *nFairnessMan  over a year ago

The Four Corners

From my experience, the recipient likes to know some amount of time and effort was expended in an initial message, with threads of the person strung through from say their profile to know you took the time to read, and that you found an interest.

I dont feel one liners are bad, i just think there is a time and a place for them. its a subtle thing that can only be measured through knowledge of a person.

At the same time one liners are quick simple and to the point, easy to look through without paragraphs of reading for someone with lots of messages. Finding a happy medium, perhaps a mix of the two is a good idea, something not too long with single punchlines in to show you aren't overly serious.

Lastly its not just about the writing, its the energy/atmosphere behind the words, women in particular are highly attuned to the agenda's behind writing. knowing the difference between..

'' hi i just peeked at your profile, fancy chatting?''

''those tiddays r gawjus''

exaggerated example, but im sure you get my point.

At the end of the day. You can write a message as long as your arm. And read everything on there profile. But , if you are not what they are looking for it ain't happening. So a wink shows you like what you see and if they do too, then start the conversation. Well that's my thought anyway xx

"At the end of the day. You can write a message as long as your arm. And read everything on there profile. But , if you are not what they are looking for it ain't happening. So a wink shows you like what you see and if they do too, then start the conversation. Well that's my thought anyway xx"

Personally don't mind one liners if they're better than "how's you" I just don't tend to look at the winks never sure how to respond.

"Personally don't mind one liners if they're better than "how's you" I just don't tend to look at the winks never sure how to respond."

I think winks are underused and undervalued. Such a quick way to express interest and start the ball rolling. And sometimes there isn't time to write a war and peace message, real life sometimes gets in the way

"Personally don't mind one liners if they're better than "how's you" I just don't tend to look at the winks never sure how to respond.

I think winks are underused and undervalued. Such a quick way to express interest and start the ball rolling. And sometimes there isn't time to write a war and peace message, real life sometimes gets in the way"

I not saying they are bad I just have enough trouble keeping up with the messages, war and peace messages tend to get ignored unless I like a profile tbh

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I agree wholeheartedly. 1 liner is needed initially to break the ice. Its only annoying when 1 liners continue throughout conversation.

Keep up the winking

Mrs _d40 x

By *D40Couple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

"Personally don't mind one liners if they're better than "how's you" I just don't tend to look at the winks never sure how to respond."

If you like what you see wink back.

Mrs _d40

"Personally don't mind one liners if they're better than "how's you" I just don't tend to look at the winks never sure how to respond.

If you like what you see wink back.

Mrs _d40"

Can't beat a good wink

By *VineMan  over a year ago

The right place

I think winks are a great way of expressing interest. A wink back is an invitation to start a conversation.

The only downside with winks is you never know if the other person has looked at them. At least with a message you can tell if it's been read or even deleted.

"I think winks are a great way of expressing interest. A wink back is an invitation to start a conversation.

The only downside with winks is you never know if the other person has looked at them. At least with a message you can tell if it's been read or even deleted. "

Yes that's very true on both counts!

By *istressZoeTV/TS  over a year ago

cheshire

I think winking shows you've viewed a profile and its caught your eye x

It may encourage the person to msg or wink you back x

Perhaps s few generic one line messages to out the fakers and fantasists and then proper conversation / flirting / debate / meets with those you are attracted to x

Some of my best one off spur of the moment meets have started with a wink x

And likewise people who are fab friends now may have started by me or them winking x

So to conclude - winking / one liners might not work for everyone but il continue to use them x

"At the end of the day. You can write a message as long as your arm. And read everything on there profile. But , if you are not what they are looking for it ain't happening. So a wink shows you like what you see and if they do too, then start the conversation. Well that's my thought anyway xx"

By *ilberryMan  over a year ago

Scarborough

Good topic OP, sometimes I go to the effort of stringing a few words together.To make more than one sentence, to receive a reply "Where r u, cn u met 4 a fk' for example? I am sure it is because they are much more busy shagging than myself? So winks and quick one liners suit me

By *andeCouple  over a year ago

Bognor area

We have had some great meets that have started off with one liners - but yes does massively depend on what's in the one line

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Theres nothing wrong with a wink ,,,,, wink wink .

Probably the hardest thing is to decide what to do when the profile you are contacting is very thin on details.

I have spoken to people with a one line profile and none on the interests ticked and then no matter what I say in messages I get basically the same (positive and encouraging) replies but nothing substantive....

It's a case of it goes both ways too.

I don't really look at winks. I always think someone has done a search and quickly winked at everyone that takes their interest to spread their bets with minimum effort.

I don't want war and piece but I hate one liners, unless they are funny and clearly show they've picked up on something from my profile.

For me, a couple of lines that show you've read my profile, know what I'm looking for and may fit the bill is perfect!

A wink = I like the look of your profile, come and have a look at mine and see if you'd like to chat/ get together.

I've written all about me in my profile, so hopefully a wink is what it takes to get you to read it.

Or just wink back to show mutual interest and take it from there.

Winks - if I receive one I always return the wink with an accompanying message, if I send one I back it up with a short message. I can see them being an issue purely through volume of winks received for some people.

One liners Vs war and peace - personal preference is somewhere in the middle.

At the end of the day it's each to their own

By *ermes1Man  over a year ago

Ruislip

Am a one liner person

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Their profile their choices.

If it works for you.. keep doing it.

I currently have about 200 winks piled up in the wink bank of fab total waste of time

A one line message and shit profile I'm not going to reply. I feel that's how the entire conversation will go, one line and no effort.

Winks, I like them; forget to look at them but I like that you can show interest before initiating a conversation.

I've had some great adventures start from a wink.

"I currently have about 200 winks piled up in the wink bank of fab total waste of time "

Why I think there should be an option to turn them off and save peoples time it you don't look at them.

"I currently have about 200 winks piled up in the wink bank of fab total waste of time

Why I think there should be an option to turn them off and save peoples time it you don't look at them. "

I agree Hun

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

We will always reply to messages, even one liners, even one worders...not a problem as we don't get a vast amount compared to many on here. No issue with winks as a concept....however....woke up to 42 winks this morning....we simply don't have the time to trawl through 42 profiles to decide who to wink back at so its simply this why we just delete them.

Winks are fine, one liners are lazy and get deleted.

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

winks are lazy dont deserve a response and after 100 " how are you's! you really dont want another .do they realy care how you are .. why not say some thing original

I never look at winks ... And it would depend on the one liner

By * D 777Man  over a year ago

bathgate

Can we park in the phat sexy ass

By *andy_tomMan  over a year ago

wolverhampton

Some people are shy , and send a wink as first point of contact , waiting for your winks ladies , dont be shy give it a try ,

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

To me, a wink is like saying "We like the look of you but aren't sure if you'll like us". An invitation to "Take a Peek". If we look and like we would either wink back (Anita is a bit shy with first messages) or I'll send a message.

If we're not interested we'll just ignore it.... We will ALWAYS respond to messages though.

Cal

By * D 777Man  over a year ago

bathgate

"To me, a wink is like saying "We like the look of you but aren't sure if you'll like us". An invitation to "Take a Peek". If we look and like we would either wink back (Anita is a bit shy with first messages) or I'll send a message.

If we're not interested we'll just ignore it.... We will ALWAYS respond to messages though.

Agree

Cal"

By *aramelMINXWoman  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

What my bug bear is people you adding you as friends before they've actually spoken to you...

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"I never look at winks ... And it would depend on the one liner "

I am sure you have Fabbed some of my pics...so you do look at Winks occasionally

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I truly think that if a profile asks that you don't wink or send a one liner its a jolly good idea not to do it.

"Some people are shy , and send a wink as first point of contact , waiting for your winks ladies , dont be shy give it a try , "

some people are serial winkers.. and if u do send one back u often never hear from them again..

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

Good topic OP.

The problem is 'you can't please all of the people all of the time.'

There are those who say they don't want winks and one-liners. I'm pretty sure some of the same people don't respond to someone who goes to the trouble to string more than one coherent sentence together.

For what it's worth, I think the wink is a great ice-breaker and will make me look at a profile but I very, very rarely wink anyone because often the reply is that it's lazy. I don't think it is.

By *ussy.loverMan  over a year ago

heswall

I think winks and one liners are a great idea it lets them know that your interested in a brief but quick way (depending how you word your introduction to someone) I always find a wink a good and quick way to say hi to someone online

By the time you've typed an essay they've gone

Regarding a longer introduction ,I always try to make an effort when messaging someone by being polite and informative but it often makes no difference I hardly get a reply back and the light hearted one liners I do send get more replies

It's abit of a minefield out there you can't please everyone .

By *icentiousCouple  over a year ago

Up on them there hills

Depends on how succinct the message is. A mass of redundant words and adjective, doesn't interest either.

We love the wink system....it shows interest and if the other persin winks back you know a message will be okay and hopefully not ignored.

Also when we're not meeting if someone we likes winks us we out them on our hotlist for when we are meeting!!

"Depends on how succinct the message is. A mass of redundant words and adjective, doesn't interest either. "

so would "wanna fuck! work for you ?

Often when I'm winking, a one liner is all I can muster!lol

Like a few have said previously, I've had some great meets thanks to winks and one liners. Like everything on here though, you'll have the lovers and the haters.

"I never look at winks ... And it would depend on the one liner

I am sure you have Fabbed some of my pics...so you do look at Winks occasionally "

Lmao well ok I look at a very sexy wink now and then

» Add a new message to this topic