FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Fighting your mental demons

Fighting your mental demons

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uteguy06 OP   Man  over a year ago

Swindon

Being honest here is there anyone out there who is willing to help me and talk in private maybe on the phone about Mental Health and our Demons, male, female, couple, cd, tv, ts, straight, bi or gay just anyone, a ear to listen to me?

Earlier this year I attempted suicide and was stopped by the person/reason I ended up there, then went through a self harming stage which I came out of but I been still fighting for 6/9 months with my mind not letting myself go down that route and get that low again but I'm struggling and I just need someone to listen but can't talk to the people around me

I don't know what to do. I have always tried to be a good person and trust others but I have always been let down used and abused which has driven me to push the people on the other good side who are there to help me, away from me and made the wrong decisions!

I been through a lot of life changing experiences from a friend being shot and me being 1 foot away from where it hit him so could of been me to my older brother being stabbed and nearly dieing by a mental patient, I have experienced life and been trough highs and lows, having money to being broke, living legit to not being legit but always tried to be a good person and today I work hard earn good money, try to see the good in every situation, help anyone in anyway I can to make sure thy are ok and don't suffer even if I have to, think of others before me but I still let a poison control me and I have now remedy or fight anymore

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

please speak your gp or look online for great white wall.

This isn't something to discuss with people on a site like this.

Log off fab. It destroys your self esteem.

"please speak your gp or look online for great white wall.

Log off fab. It destroys your self esteem."

Agreed. There are free professional listening services and webchats such as CALM and Samaritans which are better and safer options than a stranger from fab and may be able to offer you actual advice

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Phone the Samaritans or local mental health team. I care about people and would love to phone and help. But I do not have the experience , knowledge, counselling skills that professionals have. Please seek help asap. X

Yeah fella look up “Breathing Space” and call them. and download the Buddify app. Also take the advice from the previous posts. Go see your GP first thing tomorrow they will help you.

Just take it easy ma man! It IS ok.

"Being honest here is there anyone out there who is willing to help me and talk in private maybe on the phone about Mental Health and our Demons, male, female, couple, cd, tv, ts, straight, bi or gay just anyone, a ear to listen to me?

Earlier this year I attempted suicide and was stopped by the person/reason I ended up there, then went through a self harming stage which I came out of but I been still fighting for 6/9 months with my mind not letting myself go down that route and get that low again but I'm struggling and I just need someone to listen but can't talk to the people around me

I don't know what to do. I have always tried to be a good person and trust others but I have always been let down used and abused which has driven me to push the people on the other good side who are there to help me, away from me and made the wrong decisions!

I been through a lot of life changing experiences from a friend being shot and me being 1 foot away from where it hit him so could of been me to my older brother being stabbed and nearly dieing by a mental patient, I have experienced life and been trough highs and lows, having money to being broke, living legit to not being legit but always tried to be a good person and today I work hard earn good money, try to see the good in every situation, help anyone in anyway I can to make sure thy are ok and don't suffer even if I have to, think of others before me but I still let a poison control me and I have now remedy or fight anymore "

Even a strong person would struggle to take all that and not be affected by it all. I have 2 friends with mental health issues and one tried to commit suicide. Yous really have no idea how strong you really are. Wish you could see yourself from what others see x

By *uteguy06 OP   Man  over a year ago

Swindon

Thank you for your advice everyone to be honest I'm in a much better place after saying what I did today, the problem is not only I need a person out of my life who is bringing me down but I don't talk to anyone about my problems and bottle it up which causes problem I only need people to talk to who will listen

By *ikeandmollyCouple  over a year ago

swindon

I hope your really feeling better now.

Molly

XX

"Thank you for your advice everyone to be honest I'm in a much better place after saying what I did today, the problem is not only I need a person out of my life who is bringing me down but I don't talk to anyone about my problems and bottle it up which causes problem I only need people to talk to who will listen "

A problem shared is a problem halved x

I lost a close mate this week due to mental illness - always here for a chat brother.

By *eordie JoJoTV/TS  over a year ago

Newcastle

"Being honest here is there anyone out there who is willing to help me and talk in private maybe on the phone about Mental Health and our Demons, male, female, couple, cd, tv, ts, straight, bi or gay just anyone, a ear to listen to me?

I been through a lot of life changing experiences from a friend being shot and me being 1 foot away from where it hit him so could of been me to my older brother being stabbed and nearly dieing by a mental patient, I have experienced life and been trough highs and lows, having money to being broke, living legit to not being legit but always tried to be a good person and today I work hard earn good money, try to see the good in every situation, help anyone in anyway I can to make sure thy are ok and don't suffer even if I have to, think of others before me but I still let a poison control me and I have now remedy or fight anymore "

. Please Please Please .... ring the “Crisis Team” ....

if you don’t want to ....... then drop me a message I’m always here to chat to Stay strong! Best wishes JoJo x x

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Go to see your GP .

Write a list of how you feel and just give them the list if you feel you cannot explain ......good luck

All of the above.

Two things you can be sure of, your survival rate is 100% and things always change.

Talking helps and you have done that. You have to be quite mentally strong to be on this site,so be aware of that, but there are some some very wise and tender people on here too. You will get through this rough time.

Speak to GP, we've both been there to a degree. Mr tried being strong but it makes it worse in the long run, there's a lot more help now, believe us anti depressants do help, Mr has been off anti depressants for 6 months now,mrs still on them at the moment. Most important is to totally ignore people who say man up, it is an illness so please seek the help of your Doctor, take care.

By *ily Con CarneTV/TS  over a year ago

Cornwall

Been there and still am ... I have the help of an organisation called First Light ...it's free, google it and call them, they are really nice.

Been there, more than happy to chat and talk as i do it for a living

You’ve asked for help and that’s the first step but please do follow the advice and go see the gp. I have had three major depressive episodes in my life and I know from personal experience that taking anti depressants along with a bit of one to one and then group therapy on the Nhs helped me get through it. Call your local crisis team if it gets really tough or Samaritans if you need someone to listen to you but most of all don’t be ashamed of not coping because hiding that will break you. There are some nice caring people on fab but it’s not the place to be if you are feeling at all vulnerable - that’s why I come and go so much (6 times to date). Be strong and accept your vulnerabilities and know that you’re not alone. Peace

Hi Mate,

If you want to go down the therapy route, have a look on the ukcp for a therapist local to you.

I've had periods of depression in my life and I can honestly say therapy saved my life. Been qualified in various forms of therapy for 13 years, now.

Google Emotional freedom techniques, as well.

Hope you can get sorted.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Some good advice on this thread OP.

Hope you are okay?

Bhubaysi

The first point is getting the sensible thinking of recognising you need help and pursuing that, as for previous advice, it’s all very good to be fair. Medical professionals have a lot more support available to them these days and if you’re feeling of concern to yourself maybe have a black book of friends to call when you’re low, or if you’re wanting someone unknown to you, Samaritans can help as well. Really hope you’re feeling better today, and keep being communicative and open with yourself and others.

By *ultrySiriWoman  over a year ago

Arundel

Draw your safety net. Whether it's a GP, a counsellor, a friend.. you do need real people to talk about it and talk you out of it when you are drowning again. I know how painful and persistent can be those thoughts, but they can be controlled. If you are in Hertfordshire I am happy to point you in direction of the right services or charities. Keep fighting x

Hi Mate,

I've just had a look on the Royal College of Psychiatrists and read an article on CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, you perverts) and they are recommending that for depression. Never tried it myself, more of a hypnotherapy man.

If you want anymore info about anything, let me know.

"Hi Mate,

I've just had a look on the Royal College of Psychiatrists and read an article on CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, you perverts) and they are recommending that for depression. Never tried it myself, more of a hypnotherapy man.

If you want anymore info about anything, let me know. "

Ive had CBT and it is really good, it will make you think about things differently but its good in the long run

Arundel

I had a CBT too. It's about breaking patterns of your thinking. And creating new ones. Hard work, daily commitment but worth in a long run. If you wouldn't want a change you wouldn't post on here, would you? That's a very important first step and I am sure everyone here is proud of you for this. Try and be proud too. Now second step..

By *osmocoupleMan  over a year ago

East Sussex

I have suffered with depression and anxiety for about 15 years. Still have bad days.

Always happy to listen. I know what it's like to feel alone

xx

By *ungBlackTopMan  over a year ago

salford

Log off fab. It destroys your self esteem."

WOW you are now my favourite person on fab. You gave the OP such good and worthy advice. Seriously well done and OP heed the advice please.

Arundel

WOW you are now my favourite person on fab. You gave the OP such good and worthy advice. Seriously well done and OP heed the advice please."

Even though it wasn't worded best there is a research apparently which shows how social media is destructive for our mental health. So he has a point.

By *hubaysiWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

WOW you are now my favourite person on fab. You gave the OP such good and worthy advice. Seriously well done and OP heed the advice please."

Fab can be a harsh site so I think the advice was worthwhile. OP doesn’t need further issues from here that may cause him to feel worse.

Good luck OP.

Poppy

» Add a new message to this topic