FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Time wasters

Time wasters

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are you allowed to name and shame time wasters in the Forum?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Are you allowed to name and shame time wasters in the Forum? "

Yeah

I'm totally fed up with time wasters. Do they get enjoyment out of arranging to meet and not turning up?

Yeah

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Name and shame will get you a time out.

Best thing to do is due diligence and spread the word among your friends if applicable.

"Name and shame will get you a time out.

Best thing to do is due diligence and spread the word among your friends if applicable. "

Good advice, thanks

By *izzy.Woman  over a year ago

Stoke area

Putting it on your status is likely to get you a ban too

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

Great Avatar

By *unnycuckCouple  over a year ago

nottingham

I expect time wasters so always have back up plans , my husband and I have little time off together but this weekend was beyond ridiculous, guys with the usual lame excuse my wife found my phone etc but I had 3 guys saying I’m on my way , ten minutes away etc and then never turn up , so frustrating, it would be useful to be able to recognise these people some way. I know I will be looking out for other sites now, I have done others before but if anyone has any suggestions I would be grateful xx

By *parksAbiWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere I like

Yes it would be useful it's such a waste of time and draining. Spoils it for genuine decent people

By *ycra loutMan  over a year ago

york/Scarborough

I've had 3 couples arrange meets on here then when it comes to the day..they've all ignored me.the time and effort I spent on myself for them..bit off putting but I live in hope

"I'm totally fed up with time wasters. Do they get enjoyment out of arranging to meet and not turning up? "

Of course they do. They never intended to meet. The excitement of arranging it, fantasying about it, that is what they are looking for. Its just to take them away from the drudgery of normal life.

Chances are everything about them was a lie anyway and the photo's fake or 10 years out of date so a blessing really.

Its why I only go to clubs now although I have never been stood up in the past but I think there are more fantasists around than there used to be. I blame mobile phone Apps, it wasn't so bad when it was all website based as people could not so easily use the sites behind a partners back. Hard to hide a computer screen from view.

By *parksAbiWoman  over a year ago

Anywhere I like

"I'm totally fed up with time wasters. Do they get enjoyment out of arranging to meet and not turning up?

Of course they do. They never intended to meet. The excitement of arranging it, fantasying about it, that is what they are looking for. Its just to take them away from the drudgery of normal life.

Chances are everything about them was a lie anyway and the photo's fake or 10 years out of date so a blessing really.

Its why I only go to clubs now although I have never been stood up in the past but I think there are more fantasists around than there used to be. I blame mobile phone Apps, it wasn't so bad when it was all website based as people could not so easily use the sites behind a partners back. Hard to hide a computer screen from view."

So true

"I'm totally fed up with time wasters. Do they get enjoyment out of arranging to meet and not turning up?

Its why I only go to clubs now although I have never been stood up in the past but I think there are more fantasists around than there used to be. I blame mobile phone Apps, it wasn't so bad when it was all website based as people could not so easily use the sites behind a partners back. Hard to hide a computer screen from view.

So true "

Showing my age here, but the comments about timewasters haven't really changed in all the time I've been here (10+ years). I think people just have a hing of rose-tinted glasses about the past.

So true

Showing my age here, but the comments about timewasters haven't really changed in all the time I've been here (10+ years). I think people just have a hing of rose-tinted glasses about the past."

I agree with this. The last time I had a proper time waster, as in never showed and didn't let me know, was 6 years ago.

Naming and shaming won’t do any good, they will still waste time, just on another profile.

I’ve had my time wasted on here twice when I’ve arranged meets, instead of getting angry I just see it as a bullet dodged, so I go with the flow on here now, and if I get to meet someone for the first time on here that’s great, if not, the forums entertain me!

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

No. Because they might have genuinely had to cancel/no show. And vindictive people can throw accusations for all manner of reasons and make things up.

Just chalk it up to experience.

I make it a rule never to "talk through" what will happen on a meet and what they will do to me

Not saying what " Im going to do to them"

Never sexting

Never sending pics or vids

Never giving wank bank material out

Not chatting on the phone endlessly - one quick call only

It sifts a lot of the fakes, dreamers and pic collectors out

Doesnt stop the bottle jobs though

i was let down by a man who (wait for it) met a man instead.he then sent me the video to prove it.

By *armupartistMan  over a year ago

York

My very first 'arranged meet', where our preferences etc., matched to perfection saw me travel from York to Pontefract and sit in a pub for an hour before giving up. When I got home they had disappeared off the site. I didn't even dare get my Mrs (I am upfront on my profile about being married) a box of liquorice which would have been some sort of compensation! Happily, subsequent time wasters I have only engaged with online (still tedious) BUT I have also met and enjoyed the company of and played with a few lovely folk on here! Honesty and trust is so central to this 'lifestyle' working and usually that takes an 'eye to eye' meeting to give confidence, so easily abused by these time wasting tossers!!

There seems to have been a recent glut of very similar profiles springing up quite near me, I messaged one and agreed to meet in a coffee shop in Staines, totally not out of my way, I sat there for an hour, messaging 'her' she was showing as within quarter of a mile, messages were read but they never showed, I wouldn't travel any great distance now without a decent chat.

By *LFB.Woman  over a year ago

Farnborough.

This is why i only meet for a coffee locally unless its someone ive met previously.

By *ixedblkinjectionMan  over a year ago

london

Time wasters......

Give then no time like I do..the can’t waste your time when your speaking to them on a video call....plus also if you’ve “met” over vid call, means everyone should be comfortable when meeting in person?!

Had our fair share of time wasters. Wife was left sitting in a hotel coffee shop waiting for a guy to turn up. We had both chatted with him for about three weeks beforehand even chatting the morning of the meet. Now we always insist on a social first, at least that way can still have our coffee if guys a no show.

Just remember the longer they chat and the more sexual the chat gets the less likely they are to turn up, so we just swap pics arrange the meet, then shut the hell up till closer to the time to confirm, simple, to date not had a time waster yet, if people put more effort into there profiles so you could make an informed decision to meet or not then far less time would be spent talking crap on here and wasting people time

By *lub coupleCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

What defines a time waster?

"Great Avatar "

And the rest..

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Naming and shaming isnt allowed. Some good advice up there ^^^^ but Ive had to remove some posts so Im closing this now sorry