FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Pro tip for messaging

Pro tip for messaging

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heIcebreakers OP   Couple  over a year ago

Cramlington

If you send us a message in the middle of the night asking for a meet, we may not read it till the next morning (we both work for a living and tend to be right boring on school nights, especially if we've spent five hours at a club shagging ourselves legless....)

So if, eight hours after you've sent the message I look at it, and then go to your profile, I'm not going to be impressed if I see your latest status, sent seven hours ago, saying you hate to be ignored.

Patience is a virtue, you know....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Sorry, won’t happen again.

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

We get similar to this quite a lot.

The one that stands out was a very nice well written message from a guy. We looked at his profile and were going to send him a nice message back.

However we were going out and didn't have time to do it right then.

A few hours later I came on to reply and noticed another message from him sent around a couple of hours after the first one.

This time it was quite nasty because we hadn't replied straight away.

Needless to say he didn't get his nice message back and got blocked.

By *innie The MinxWoman  over a year ago

Under the Duvet

"If you send us a message in the middle of the night asking for a meet, we may not read it till the next morning (we both work for a living and tend to be right boring on school nights, especially if we've spent five hours at a club shagging ourselves legless....)

So if, eight hours after you've sent the message I look at it, and then go to your profile, I'm not going to be impressed if I see your latest status, sent seven hours ago, saying you hate to be ignored.

Patience is a virtue, you know...."

Glad you got that off your chest(s)..

You do know you can read a message, then unread it, so it looks like it hasn’t been read yet ?!

By *otlovefun42Couple  over a year ago

Costa Blanca Spain...

"You do know you can read a message, then unread it, so it looks like it hasn’t been read yet ?! "

No I didn't know that. Are you going to let us into the secret

"You do know you can read a message, then unread it, so it looks like it hasn’t been read yet ?!

No I didn't know that. Are you going to let us into the secret "

When you open the message, it says ‘mark unread’ bottom right, just press that.

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

"We get similar to this quite a lot.

The one that stands out was a very nice well written message from a guy. We looked at his profile and were going to send him a nice message back.

A few hours later I came on to reply and noticed another message from him sent around a couple of hours after the first one.

Needless to say he didn't get his nice message back and got blocked."

This is why i never reply to a first message. A lot of people show their true selves when they feel rejected.

This is why i never reply to a first message. A lot of people show their true selves when they feel rejected."

That's interesting, because I would assume that if a message remains unread or deleted then they're not interested and not bother messaging again. If a message is read but remains undeleted then I may message again but it would be a long time after the first, if at all.

"If you send us a message in the middle of the night asking for a meet, we may not read it till the next morning (we both work for a living and tend to be right boring on school nights, especially if we've spent five hours at a club shagging ourselves legless....)

Patience is a virtue, you know...."

If It was sent 7 hours before you opened it...it wasn't intended for you x

By *xMFM3sumsxxWoman  over a year ago

SouthWest Lancashire

This is why i never reply to a first message. A lot of people show their true selves when they feel rejected.

That's interesting, because I would assume that if a message remains unread or deleted then they're not interested and not bother messaging again. If a message is read but remains undeleted then I may message again but it would be a long time after the first, if at all."

Some people won't be interested, so you're correct in thinking that. Not everyone is the same though, i also might not be interested but I like to gauge men without even bothering with them sometimes.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

[Removed by poster at 24/10/18 17:34:25]

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

If that happened to me I honestly wouldn't think their status was anything to do with the fact that they sent me a message.

By *ugs and JunkCouple  over a year ago

Bellshill

We had a ‘meet now’ message and ignored it. The next day he had named us in his status as time wasters lol

Mrs

By *dam and slutCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Written by xslutx. Sir received a txt asking could we meet 3am because someone else had let this guy down.

I am your second choice ?

Someone let's you down and you think I can be your backup booty ?

I was NOT YOUR first choice but I can let you empty your sack because we are such good..... Oh! no wait we haven't met.

I am obviously kept in a cupboard to be dragged out, an "emergency spare" for when random strangers don't turn up to meet other random strangers.

Doesn't anyone read back what they have written and think how the fuck would I feel if I received that message ?

Surely "I read your profile I think you are hot and I am in the area would have been better, even if it wasn't the truth.

All I think now is "idiot"

"You do know you can read a message, then unread it, so it looks like it hasn’t been read yet ?! "

In this scenario that would have prevented the message sender outing himself as an undesirable knob.

By *ifty grades of shadyCouple  over a year ago

Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight

"You do know you can read a message, then unread it, so it looks like it hasn’t been read yet ?!

In this scenario that would have prevented the message sender outing himself as an undesirable knob."

By *imply_SensualMan  over a year ago

warrington

If I send a message - thats it - if the person or couple responds, great, we chat, see if we like each other then hopefully meet.

If the message gets deleted, read and left in limbo etc... then they never hear from me again, I shrug my shoulders and think 'their loss' - and move on

By *offee with MilkCouple  over a year ago

Over the roundabout and then turn right.

This is why i never reply to a first message. A lot of people show their true selves when they feel rejected."

I see your logic, but many of the decent people would take no reply to mean "No thanks" and not message a 2nd time.

By *hamboy69Man  over a year ago

huddersfield

Best way is if you don’t receive a reply just block and move on as it saves everybody time

By *rtraymondo76Man  over a year ago

Cheltenham

We're not all prolific "watchers", and reply instantly. I'd probably check next day when they were last online, and try to gauge the reaction from that. Three days ago? OK, leave it up to a week, 20mins ago and no acknowledgement (doesn't have to be a full reply), move on.

No reaction at all is the hardest to judge. A polite "thanks but no thanks" always gets a polite reply from me. But nothing? Well after a week, move on.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

Always so much angst over messages!

Send one then forget it. It’s as simple as that, you’ll get a reply or you won’t.

» Add a new message to this topic