FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Advice on my profile please

Advice on my profile please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ayinhay80 OP   Man  over a year ago

Havant

Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on making my profile better.

I joined a few months ago and have met some really lovely people and had really nice verification.

Lately though I am not getting and replies from people I message even though I always message someone in a nice way..

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ink magnolia s yorksWoman  over a year ago

south yorkshire

You have a wife, you can't accommodate...my theory is why mess around with attached men and have to work around a third person (wife) I don't do second fiddle to anyone. Plenty single men, much less hassle. I only play second fiddle to children, they always come first. Say I want to meet one of my fbs next Tuesday and I get a few who are working but one says sorry going out with the wife!!!! Not happening!

Havant

Thank you. That makes perfect sense.

My wife has her own profile and goes on meets and doesn't mind me doing the same.

I tried to change the accommodation thing as I am able to do tgat but couldn't find a way to do that.

Thank you again for replying.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I tried to change the accommodation thing as I am able to do tgat but couldn't find a way to do that.

Go to account then looking for and you can change it there

Havant

Thank you lexi. I found it x

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

six verifications in 6 weeks? you're doing something right!

Got to be the biggest “Look at me” thread of all time! 6 Veris in the last 6 weeks...... FFS.

Havant

Not at all. 2 of the versus were a couple we met for a drink. Another 2 we're from the same person.

I just wanted advise on how to make my profile more approachable.

I'm a nice genuine guy but get lots of nasty comments for no apparent reason

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

You've got 6 veris, latest 3 days ago. Fairly obvious your profile is fine and doesn't need changing

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

"Not at all. 2 of the versus were a couple we met for a drink. Another 2 we're from the same person.

I just wanted advise on how to make my profile more approachable.

I'm a nice genuine guy but get lots of nasty comments for no apparent reason"

No one has been nasty OP, just stating the obvious.

Havant

Sorry I wasn't trying to say they were being nasty. I meant some of the messages I received after contacting a profile were quite nasty.

Over all I just wanted to see how to improve my profile

"Sorry I wasn't trying to say they were being nasty. I meant some of the messages I received after contacting a profile were quite nasty.

Over all I just wanted to see how to improve my profile "

Nasty, in what way?

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

"Sorry I wasn't trying to say they were being nasty. I meant some of the messages I received after contacting a profile were quite nasty.

Nasty, in what way?"

Don't answer this question OP. Discussing pms is ban territory.

Nasty, in what way?

Don't answer this question OP. Discussing pms is ban territory."

As long as you don't quote them verbatim I think it's ok. If not, half the forums would have had bans on the worse messages threads.

Doing better than me OP. I would say nothing needs to change and just block the nasty messengers, get that alot on here. Dont let it bother you, there not worth it.

Nasty, in what way?

As long as you don't quote them verbatim I think it's ok. If not, half the forums would have had bans on the worse messages threads. "

Just the way this thread has gone so far. I can see him giving too much away. Think he's better playing safe. Plus it's no one else's business anyway and he will get the generic reply of report and block no matter what he says.

"Hi everyone.

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on making my profile better.

I joined a few months ago and have met some really lovely people and had really nice verification.

Lately though I am not getting and replies from people I message even though I always message someone in a nice way..

Any advice would be much appreciated."

I like your pics. One doesn't load for some reason though. You sound a decent chap. If anything I would advise you to expand the text a little. Good luck.

Lol moaning men. Look at me threads lol

Nasty, in what way?

Don't answer this question OP. Discussing pms is ban territory."

Are you some kind of sheriff on here and have you got a big shiny badge to prove it?

Nasty, in what way?

Are you some kind of sheriff on here and have you got a big shiny badge to prove it? "

Yeah obviously I am a sherriff. Nothing to do with me wanting to stop a guy getting a forum holiday at all

Nasty, in what way?

Are you some kind of sheriff on here and have you got a big shiny badge to prove it?

Yeah obviously I am a sherriff. Nothing to do with me wanting to stop a guy getting a forum holiday at all "

Shouldn't an upstanding sheriff like yourself know the forum rules before telling other posters what to do?

Nasty, in what way?

Yeah obviously I am a sherriff. Nothing to do with me wanting to stop a guy getting a forum holiday at all

Shouldn't an upstanding sheriff like yourself know the forum rules before telling other posters what to do?"

I know them thank you. I have fallen foul of them on more than one occasion. Note I said ban territory. Read that as risking a ban. I further qualified this with my reply to the brains post. Read back if you care enough. I was merely looking out for the guy. I like to do that where I can. Don't have to be a moderator or a sherrif to do that. He can choose to reply. I apologise for not saying "I would tread carefully discussing pm's on the forum" which I am sure most people know that is what I was getting at. I am sure you are also aware that is a specific rule on this forum. I have no beef with you asking the question if that's what your deal here is. I don't think you asked with any malice.

That ok with you?

Sherriff Pieman has a good ring to it. I might change my name to that.

Nasty, in what way?

Shouldn't an upstanding sheriff like yourself know the forum rules before telling other posters what to do?

I know them thank you. I have fallen foul of them on more than one occasion. Note I said ban territory. Read that as risking a ban. I further qualified this with my reply to the brains post. Read back if you care enough. I was merely looking out for the guy. I like to do that where I can. Don't have to be a moderator or a sherrif to do that. He can choose to reply. I apologise for not saying "I would tread carefully discussing pm's on the forum" which I am sure most people know that is what I was getting at. I am sure you are also aware that is a specific rule on this forum. I have no beef with you asking the question if that's what your deal here is. I don't think you asked with any malice.

That ok with you?

Sherriff Pieman has a good ring to it. I might change my name to that."

Extremely honoured that you have decreed my question without malice.

Rather than take the bland and generic approach of some of the other replies I'm looking to explore the messages sent rather than the usual profile review. Especially as the OP raises the issue of 'nasty replies'.

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

Yeah, but I’ve had a ban for falling into the same trap. I would advise the same as Pie. Leaving it at ‘nasty messages’ is the best you can do in a public forum without it risking crossing the line. You don’t tend to get a warning or an explanation when you get banned. And it sucks.

Nasty, in what way?

That ok with you?

Sherriff Pieman has a good ring to it. I might change my name to that.

Extremely honoured that you have decreed my question without malice.

Rather than take the bland and generic approach of some of the other replies I'm looking to explore the messages sent rather than the usual profile review. Especially as the OP raises the issue of 'nasty replies'. "

Don't be honoured. Just accept that my message was for him and nothing to do with you. It's not my place to look out for him. I know that. I just did it because it is in my nature.

"Yeah, but I’ve had a ban for falling into the same trap. I would advise the same as Pie. Leaving it at ‘nasty messages’ is the best you can do in a public forum without it risking crossing the line. You don’t tend to get a warning or an explanation when you get banned. And it sucks. "

I really wish I had expressed it like you have here. Would have saved me grief!

"Yeah, but I’ve had a ban for falling into the same trap. I would advise the same as Pie. Leaving it at ‘nasty messages’ is the best you can do in a public forum without it risking crossing the line. You don’t tend to get a warning or an explanation when you get banned. And it sucks. "

A good percentage of forum contributions daily are not complementary examples of PM's ffs!

"Hi everyone.

Any advice would be much appreciated."

To be fair... I don't think your profile is that bad. You come across as a pleasant person. Your photos are honest and clear. No bad grammar or spelling mistakes. Well done

Maybe consider switching things up a little if you find you're not getting anywhere. Don't get disheartened though, we outnumber the Women 20 fold on here.

Just think about the kind of people you want to meet, put yourself in their position and write accordingly.

Mine changes constantly dependant on my mood, not one I'd advise copying in its current state

If you have a sense of humour, try and get it across, I've find that works better than anything else.

"Hi everyone.

To be fair... I don't think your profile is that bad. You come across as a pleasant person. Your photos are honest and clear. No bad grammar or spelling mistakes. Well done

Maybe consider switching things up a little if you find you're not getting anywhere. Don't get disheartened though, we outnumber the Women 20 fold on here.

Just think about the kind of people you want to meet, put yourself in their position and write accordingly.

Mine changes constantly dependant on my mood, not one I'd advise copying in its current state

If you have a sense of humour, try and get it across, I've find that works better than anything else."

"Yeah, but I’ve had a ban for falling into the same trap. I would advise the same as Pie. Leaving it at ‘nasty messages’ is the best you can do in a public forum without it risking crossing the line. You don’t tend to get a warning or an explanation when you get banned. And it sucks.

A good percentage of forum contributions daily are not complementary examples of PM's ffs!"

What do you mean?

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

Jesus H Christ!

Some people could start an argument in an empty room!

"Yeah, but I’ve had a ban for falling into the same trap. I would advise the same as Pie. Leaving it at ‘nasty messages’ is the best you can do in a public forum without it risking crossing the line. You don’t tend to get a warning or an explanation when you get banned. And it sucks.

A good percentage of forum contributions daily are not complementary examples of PM's ffs!

What do you mean?"

Common thread theme is variants of 'no reply to PM's. You know all the replies blah blah blah... Amongst the post's there will usually be an example of someone who has been abused in someway when they have replied in the negative to a PM and they quote the abuse ie. I never fancied you anyway you fat slag etc.

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

"Jesus H Christ!

Some people could start an argument in an empty room! "

oh yes!

Havant

"Hi everyone.

If you have a sense of humour, try and get it across, I've find that works better than anything else.

"

Thanks guys

What do you mean?

Common thread theme is variants of 'no reply to PM's. You know all the replies blah blah blah... Amongst the post's there will usually be an example of someone who has been abused in someway when they have replied in the negative to a PM and they quote the abuse ie. I never fancied you anyway you fat slag etc."

Ah right yeah. I suppose it depends if the mods see it or not.

What do you mean?

Common thread theme is variants of 'no reply to PM's. You know all the replies blah blah blah... Amongst the post's there will usually be an example of someone who has been abused in someway when they have replied in the negative to a PM and they quote the abuse ie. I never fancied you anyway you fat slag etc.

Ah right yeah. I suppose it depends if the mods see it or not."

? What kind of dystopian hell do you live in?

What do you mean?

Ah right yeah. I suppose it depends if the mods see it or not.

? What kind of dystopian hell do you live in?"

Bored of this. You win. Congrats.

» Add a new message to this topic