FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Guys Suddenly Growing Beard

Guys Suddenly Growing Beard

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Chatting to a guy. Exchange pics. All good and decide to meet two weeks later.

Just before meet we ask for a pic to remind us of what he looks like. Suddenly his clean shaven pic has become a full beard pics (at least two months growth we’d estimate).

Beards are quite unattractive, not to mention scratchy, for us so we cancelled the meet.

Feel bad about it as we could tell he was exasperated.

So question is are we wrong for rejecting someone for having a beard, our preference, or if the guy has a full beard should he have sent a beard picture on initial contact rather than an older clean shaven pic ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Nothing wrong with declining to meet him at all based on the physical change. As you say, your preference.

By *londieddWoman  over a year ago

fife

I would have cancelled too, massive turn off for me

By *lceeWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

You have a perfectly valid reason for not wanting to meet - your physical pleasure would be diminished by said beard. You donmt have anything against beards per se, just that you don’t like the feel of it. That’s perfectly fine!

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I have done the same thing very recently also. I think people should keep their pictures updated, or if they have a few different looks at least explain that to you when they are sending you a pic.

Completely clean shaven on the pictures he sent me, and then when we had a quick face-to-face on cam he had a most substantial beard

By *ethnmelvCouple  over a year ago

Chudleigh

We write it on our profile, but regularly ignored! One of the many reasons why we meet people at Clubs first, we then have other options

right to decline to meet but not right to say beard are unattractive in general.

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

You're not wrong no,he should have told you he now has a full beard.

"right to decline to meet but not right to say beard are unattractive in general. "

Not implying beards are unattractive in general. We ‘find’ beards unattractive - a preference rather than a fact.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

Is this racism toward beards? Asking for a friend.

BEARDISM!

Report!

"Chatting to a guy. Exchange pics. All good and decide to meet two weeks later.

Just before meet we ask for a pic to remind us of what he looks like. Suddenly his clean shaven pic has become a full beard pics (at least two months growth we’d estimate).

Beards are quite unattractive, not to mention scratchy, for us so we cancelled the meet.

So question is are we wrong for rejecting someone for having a beard, our preference, or if the guy has a full beard should he have sent a beard picture on initial contact rather than an older clean shaven pic ? "

Preferences are allowed.

Though I would make it crystal clear on your profile that beards turn you off to avoid this happening again.

[Removed by poster at 30/01/18 14:12:56]

You have every right to cancel a meet with anyone at any stage and for any reason or for no reason at all.

As a bearded man myself, I always send photos that show me as I will look in person. Otherwise, it's a catfishing of sorts. Which, I don't understand since us beardies are so adorable anyway

By *LUKCouple  over a year ago

Loughborough

You did nowt wrong. If we had arranged to meet a lady based on older photos, who then sent a newer one where she's sporting a full beard, we'd probably cancel too.

Probably.

I would be the same if a bearded guy turned up clean shaven...

"I would be the same if a bearded guy turned up clean shaven..."

Yes! There you are! There you are, Your Highness!

You are not in the wrong for cancelling. We all have our personal preference. I have a beard, and when messaging always send an updated photo. Always respect people's preference.

I’ve currently got quite a big beard. However, I’ve always had one but the beard is now much longer. Problem is, some of my nicest pics are of me with my beard rather trimmed.

Individuals should always send a recent pic. I’ve got a collection of face pics and always send a recent one. I’ll keep the old ones for eye candy on my profile.

By *otSoNewWalesCoupleCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

How do you 'suddenly' grow a beard? Takes me ages!

"I would be the same if a bearded guy turned up clean shaven...

Yes! There you are! There you are, Your Highness! "

Smile and wave, smile and wave

"How do you 'suddenly' grow a beard? Takes me ages!"

To be honest my beard does grow pretty quick lol.

yep I cant stand beards not only the look (most not all) but the feeling on my skin makes me urge and stubble is even worse its like rubbing my fanny and face on sand paper .. so massive no for me but I would not want anyone not to be who the want to be if you want a beard then be proud and have one

Great advice. If you change your appearance in a significant way then it’s probably best to be up to date with your photo.

If you want to see this in action then you should google ‘fat suit Tinder experiment’ and view the video. Very revealing on how different people react to a big difference between pics and real life appearance.

By *ain n MableWoman  over a year ago

Milton Keynes

You're absolutely right to cancel, we would do exactly the same for your said reasons. x

By *illnatMan  over a year ago

wherever i need to be

Giving one a go myself and admittedly haven’t updated my pictures however it’s shampooed and conditioned daily, then beard oil applied so it’s soft and smelling lovely.

Not convinced I’m keeping it though as it’s a pain to keep looking reasonable. But as it’s currently keeping my chin cosy it’s staying for now lol

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

I would of done exactly the same. I dislike beards and make it clear on my profile but still often have to point it out to people !

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

Sorry, the thread title made me laugh, I got an image of them sprouting a beard before your eyes

But yes, something like that which can be a bit love or hate is worth mentioning I think.

By *inful xWoman  over a year ago

In a sleepy little village

"Sorry, the thread title made me laugh, I got an image of them sprouting a beard before your eyes

But yes, something like that which can be a bit love or hate is worth mentioning I think. "

Like the old play doh barbers shop

By *rimson_RoseWoman  over a year ago

Lea Marston

"Sorry, the thread title made me laugh, I got an image of them sprouting a beard before your eyes

But yes, something like that which can be a bit love or hate is worth mentioning I think.

Like the old play doh barbers shop "

Yes!! I wanted one of those so much...

Like the old play doh barbers shop

Yes!! I wanted one of those so much..."

Well these are still alive and well as I got one for my daughter so it's never too late!

I could always bring one with me on my next trip to the west midlands and you could play the "adult version"...

Whereby you wind it and watch the hair sprout...But if you wind it too much and the hair 'snaps off' then it's a smacked bottom for you dear lady...

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

[Removed by poster at 31/01/18 09:55:37]

By *rnortholtMan  over a year ago

MIDDLESEX/SUFFOLK

I first grew a beard when I was 16 but was clean shaven when I started meeting folks.

They are a bit Marmite, so I state it quite clearly on the profile and updated the face pictures that I mail to people to reflect that.

It means some folks don't meet me, but hey, that is their choice - just as it was yours.

By *ustme6Man  over a year ago

tamworth

"Chatting to a guy. Exchange pics. All good and decide to meet two weeks later.

Why not just ask if he minds shaving.

So question is are we wrong for rejecting someone for having a beard, our preference, or if the guy has a full beard should he have sent a beard picture on initial contact rather than an older clean shaven pic ? "

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

I don't think there's anything wrong with having a beard, and there's one or two people on here who sport a fine beard.

It's only when they look significantly different to their profile, in Amy respect, and therefore are not what you are expecting that it gets into slightly dodgy ground.

As a bearded guy I once had a similar experience.

A lady turned up at mine sporting a very unkempt lady garden after having sent a smooth pussy pic.

I turned her down. She was flabbergasted but as I said, if I wanted to go hacking through the undergrowth I’d have joined the National Trust.

I’ve got a beard. It works for me.

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

If well looked after a beard can look attractive on a guy ....

But if its like a wire brush .... forget it .

By *hinypants77Man  over a year ago

Leeds

A lady refused to meet me unless I shaved my beard. I told her no.

My beard is super short and would grow back in a week but I don’t like being made ultimatums.

The man who shaves his beard for a woman deserves neither!

"A lady refused to meet me unless I shaved my beard. I told her no.

My beard is super short and would grow back in a week but I don’t like being made ultimatums.

The man who shaves his beard for a woman deserves neither!"

True that mate. I beard is for life, not just for Christmas lol.

By *arvisrodrigMan  over a year ago

Manchester

You've done nothing wrong and it's strange he wasn't sending current pictures but did you actually tell him why you were cancelling?

If you just cancelled with no reason given it's understandable he'd be exasperated (he may not realise the beard is a problem) if liked him otherwise and tell him he could decide to shave.

"You've done nothing wrong and it's strange he wasn't sending current pictures but did you actually tell him why you were cancelling?

If you just cancelled with no reason given it's understandable he'd be exasperated (he may not realise the beard is a problem) if liked him otherwise and tell him he could decide to shave."

We got his pic with said beard to recognise him in the upcoming bar meet. When we saw the beard, remember he was clean shaven before, we told him beards were not attractive to us and we don’t meet anyone with a beard. So we did tell why we were not meeting.

Think he perhaps thought that it was not a good reason to cancel a meet but it was the first time we saw or had been told he had a beard.

By *earboynottinghamMan  over a year ago

Nottingham

"You've done nothing wrong and it's strange he wasn't sending current pictures but did you actually tell him why you were cancelling?

If you just cancelled with no reason given it's understandable he'd be exasperated (he may not realise the beard is a problem) if liked him otherwise and tell him he could decide to shave.

We got his pic with said beard to recognise him in the upcoming bar meet. When we saw the beard, remember he was clean shaven before, we told him beards were not attractive to us and we don’t meet anyone with a beard. So we did tell why we were not meeting.

Think he perhaps thought that it was not a good reason to cancel a meet but it was the first time we saw or had been told he had a beard. "

At least you told him!

If you don’t like beards then I don’t think anyone can criticise you.

I’d have just said it can be shaved off

True that mate. I beard is for life, not just for Christmas lol."

Omg was gona comment on this thread haha

Think he perhaps thought that it was not a good reason to cancel a meet but it was the first time we saw or had been told he had a beard.

At least you told him!

I’d have just said it can be shaved off "

We would never ask anyone to shave off a beard to meet us. That’s not fair or respectful on our part.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

At least you told him!

We would never ask anyone to shave off a beard to meet us. That’s not fair or respectful on our part. "

I was thinking I will reply to suggest you maybe could have asked him if he was prepared to shave it off. Understandable that you think it rude to ask that of someone. But given that you suggested you had gotten on well with him it seems a shame to have cancelled over a reason that could have possibly been nothing. It would have been his choice to do so or not.

True that mate. I beard is for life, not just for Christmas lol.

Omg was gona comment on this thread haha "

Good job you didn't lady lol xx

At least you told him!

We would never ask anyone to shave off a beard to meet us. That’s not fair or respectful on our part.

I was thinking I will reply to suggest you maybe could have asked him if he was prepared to shave it off. Understandable that you think it rude to ask that of someone. But given that you suggested you had gotten on well with him it seems a shame to have cancelled over a reason that could have possibly been nothing. It would have been his choice to do so or not."

When we said to him the beard was a dealbreaker he said he wouldn’t shave it off ; we hadn’t asked him if he would shave. We respect that.

We would never ask someone to change something about themselves to meet us.

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

At least you told him!

I was thinking I will reply to suggest you maybe could have asked him if he was prepared to shave it off. Understandable that you think it rude to ask that of someone. But given that you suggested you had gotten on well with him it seems a shame to have cancelled over a reason that could have possibly been nothing. It would have been his choice to do so or not.

When we said to him the beard was a dealbreaker he said he wouldn’t shave it off ; we hadn’t asked him if he would shave. We respect that.

We would never ask someone to change something about themselves to meet us. "

Yeah that's fair enough. Like I said it just seemed a shame.

» Add a new message to this topic