FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Second thoughts / crossing the line

Second thoughts / crossing the line

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hi,

So I have recently joined on here at the recommendation of a friend (ex) who enjoys a fab life.

I am married and wife is not into swinging in any way shape or form, and I am currently very confused.

Married life is good and I love my wife, but I really want to explore this side of my desires and lusts...but I risk losing everything if ever caught.

Do I cross the line and go down the fab wormhole, or remain a lurking voyeur only fantasising about more?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *mm_n_ZedCouple  over a year ago

Fareham

"Hi,

So I have recently joined on here at the recommendation of a friend (ex) who enjoys a fab life.

I am married and wife is not into swinging in any way shape or form, and I am currently very confused.

Married life is good and I love my wife, but I really want to explore this side of my desires and lusts...but I risk losing everything if ever caught.

Do I cross the line and go down the fab wormhole, or remain a lurking voyeur only fantasising about more?"

Don't risk losing everything dear to you. In my experience, the most intense fantasies I had were less exciting than I imagined they'd be. You'd be a fool to put everything on the line for a quick (and maybe disappointing) thrill.

It'd be better to try new things with your wife - just you and her - if she's game for it. Toys, sexy clothes, role play... whatever.

Good luck with making the right decision for you and your marriage.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Hi,

Do I cross the line and go down the fab wormhole, or remain a lurking voyeur only fantasising about more?"

The most successful gamblers only stake what they are prepared to lose...what's your stake?

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

"Hi,

Do I cross the line and go down the fab wormhole, or remain a lurking voyeur only fantasising about more?

Don't risk losing everything dear to you. In my experience, the most intense fantasies I had were less exciting than I imagined they'd be. You'd be a fool to put everything on the line for a quick (and maybe disappointing) thrill.

It'd be better to try new things with your wife - just you and her - if she's game for it. Toys, sexy clothes, role play... whatever.

Good luck with making the right decision for you and your marriage."

Exactly, and who knows, down the line she may want to join you here

I would be surprised, but who knows! I think because I am late to this, and my ex found this life after we split up, I feel like I have missed out on something that everyone on here gets so much from. But I guess I know what the ‘right’ thing to do is, otherwise I wouldn’t be having this dilemma

"Hi,

Stay fantasizing and quit the site. Stop thinking for just yourself, a marriage is a we and not I.

By *onforming_deviantWoman  over a year ago

Hull

Talk to your wife and judge what you should do based on her response.

Marriage is about you both being happy

Thanks for the replies

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I would be surprised, but who knows! I think because I am late to this, and my ex found this life after we split up, I feel like I have missed out on something that everyone on here gets so much from. But I guess I know what the ‘right’ thing to do is, otherwise I wouldn’t be having this dilemma"

What is it you feel you're missing out on?

Fab for men playing alone is a very different kettle of fish than fab for women playing alone or couples.

If you feel something is missing from your life isn't it best to go looking for it with your life partner. Don't risk your marriage by getting involved with swinging on your own but by the same token don't risk your marriage by ignoring your current dissatisfaction.

Good luck

Damn you all and your sensible answers!!!

By *abrielle247Couple (FF)  over a year ago

PDI Gran Canaria

Interesting thread with some great advice given, I am sure this situation is fairly common and I believe the Op already knows what to do.

I to am in a similar situation as Dan-de-Lion and all the advice you have given I think I will also take on board, my site supporter pass runs out in 2 days I wont be renewing it and think I also will be quitting the site and concentrate on my marriage and just a bit of role play and my fantasy will remain a fantasy Thanks 'Damn you all and your sensible answers'

However exciting you are imagining swinging to be, half it, then deduct ten and add a lot of bloody hard work for a couple of extra marital fondles a year if you are lucky plus a hefty divorce pay out if you get found out.... Still sound as exciting as you thought??

Think carefully about what you really want out of life. Will you still be happy being in a marriage and not getting to explore your wants and needs? Would you be happy if you lost your wife?

Whatever you decide good luck as it's not an easy decision to live with, whichever way you go.

And lastly, don't get caught before you decide it, as the decision will be made for you.

#bestthreadonfab

What a fantastic thread well done Op

By *icky-discoMan  over a year ago

oxford

"Hi,

Are you mad my answer is no ask yourself this do you want to end up single with nothing? Think long and hard mate

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I would be surprised, but who knows! I think because I am late to this, and my ex found this life after we split up, I feel like I have missed out on something that everyone on here gets so much from. But I guess I know what the ‘right’ thing to do is, otherwise I wouldn’t be having this dilemma"

The best thing to do is to talk to your wife and explain your feelings. Also make her feel sexy and feel likes she's the only one in your life. You'll be surprised how much more confident and sexy she'll feel and your sex life should spice up. Concentrate on your marriage and work from there. You can slowly open her mind to trying other things but she's got to feel good about herself that's why it's important to make her feel good. Hope that makes sense.

"I would be surprised, but who knows! I think because I am late to this, and my ex found this life after we split up, I feel like I have missed out on something that everyone on here gets so much from. But I guess I know what the ‘right’ thing to do is, otherwise I wouldn’t be having this dilemma

The best thing to do is to talk to your wife and explain your feelings. Also make her feel sexy and feel likes she's the only one in your life. You'll be surprised how much more confident and sexy she'll feel and your sex life should spice up. Concentrate on your marriage and work from there. You can slowly open her mind to trying other things but she's got to feel good about herself that's why it's important to make her feel good. Hope that makes sense. "

This is good advice. The fact you're asking the question indicates that you love your wife and value your marriage. It's really not worth risking damaging that in any way for what may or may not be a moment of excitement.

Many couples who swing find that it brings them much closer together, because of the trust and communication needed to do it successfully, so both parties are happy. But it takes time, from planting the seed of the idea and discussing fantasies between the two of you, to actually taking the first step, it can be months or even years. If you invest the time, love and care in developing your relationship with your wife, you'll have many, fulfilling years ahead of you together and the bond between you will be unbreakable, regardless of whether or not you end up dipping your toes in the swinging world. If you choose to go it alone without your wife's knowledge, it will take something away from your relationship, and at some point that partnership will be irretrievably damaged. You can't ever go back from that point, not completely.

Can I just say, I have to utmost respect for you OP, it's not always easy to balance what's good for yourself while also considering your partner. It's important that we're happy as individuals, as well as as part of any partnership we've committed ourselves to. As the poster above says, focus on your relationship and sex life with your wife first and foremost, make her feel like the sexiest woman on the planet, the centre of your world, and you'll have a firm foundation to build the rest on.

Good luck.

V x

By *exymidscouple2017Couple  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I would be surprised, but who knows! I think because I am late to this, and my ex found this life after we split up, I feel like I have missed out on something that everyone on here gets so much from. But I guess I know what the ‘right’ thing to do is, otherwise I wouldn’t be having this dilemma

The best thing to do is to talk to your wife and explain your feelings. Also make her feel sexy and feel likes she's the only one in your life. You'll be surprised how much more confident and sexy she'll feel and your sex life should spice up. Concentrate on your marriage and work from there. You can slowly open her mind to trying other things but she's got to feel good about herself that's why it's important to make her feel good. Hope that makes sense.

This is good advice. The fact you're asking the question indicates that you love your wife and value your marriage. It's really not worth risking damaging that in any way for what may or may not be a moment of excitement.

Many couples who swing find that it brings them much closer together, because of the trust and communication needed to do it successfully, so both parties are happy. But it takes time, from planting the seed of the idea and discussing fantasies between the two of you, to actually taking the first step, it can be months or even years. If you invest the time, love and care in developing your relationship with your wife, you'll have many, fulfilling years ahead of you together and the bond between you will be unbreakable, regardless of whether or not you end up dipping your toes in the swinging world. If you choose to go it alone without your wife's knowledge, it will take something away from your relationship, and at some point that partnership will be irretrievably damaged. You can't ever go back from that point, not completely.

Can I just say, I have to utmost respect for you OP, it's not always easy to balance what's good for yourself while also considering your partner. It's important that we're happy as individuals, as well as as part of any partnership we've committed ourselves to. As the poster above says, focus on your relationship and sex life with your wife first and foremost, make her feel like the sexiest woman on the planet, the centre of your world, and you'll have a firm foundation to build the rest on.

Good luck.

V x"

Absolutely agree with all this.

Good luck OP

If you're going to do it you need to be extremely careful. My FWB was married and his wife never found out about his playing with other females. XXX

"Hi,

Is love worth loosing over sex ??

No.I would rather be with the person I love and who loves me back then be a swinger.

If the marriage is lacking some spice ... well add some

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/lounge/700354

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"Hi,

Don’t make the mistake of thinking that *everyone* on Fab is having a ball. For the vast majority, it’s bloody hard work. Some have been here for years and not had one meet.

Can I respectfully suggest, if you do decide to stay, that you mention in your profile the fact you're married and here without your wife's knowledge. You may decide not to be honest with your wife, but don't make others inadvertently complicit in your deceit, give them the choice.

V x

Totally agree with Ravensong

» Add a new message to this topic