FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Meeting etiquette help

Meeting etiquette help

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *anTouchThis OP   Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Here is the scenario. Currently on holiday in Gran Canaria. Last night arranged to meet a single guy that we had been messaging. We ended up running late beacause the restaurant we were eating in was so busy but we messaged him to let him know we would be about half an hour late. He answered saying no problem. When we arrived he was sitting with another couple but he did acknowledge our presence. Not liking to intrude we sat at another table and ordered a drink and waited for about half an hour We saw him order another pint but still made no move to come over and speak to us. We decided to move on and sent him a message advising that we hadn’t wanted to interrupt. We are fairly new to this and just wondered if we should have handled this differently.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *hoenixcouplexxCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

We would have done exactly what you did. He arranged to meet you, you made yourselves known to him when you got there. It was down to him to excuse himself and come over as arranged. You kept him I formed of what was going on. Not much else you could do.

Xx

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Yes you handled it well ... very polite ... discrete , no drama

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yes you handled it well ... very polite ... discrete , no drama

"

Agree. Handled in a dignified way. I have found this happens a lot at clubs, if I leave a guy for a moment to dance, whoosh, he's off with someone else. The nature of the beast I'm afraid.

By *un4allxMan  over a year ago

Camberley

Seems to me a little rude of him, to agree to meet and then not to come over. Maybe you could have sent a message, to say join us when your ready.

I would have at least excused myself and come over to say hello and let you know what was going on.

Hope you have a better experience in future.

xxx

By *anTouchThis OP   Couple  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Thanks for the replies, general consensus is we handled it correctly. I just know we if it had been the other way round we would have excused ourselves and joined him.

By *esires of HertsCouple  over a year ago

Herts and London Borders

I find his behaviour rude...a block in order as a minimum

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

"Seems to me a little rude of him, to agree to meet and then not to come over. Maybe you could have sent a message, to say join us when your ready.

I would have at least excused myself and come over to say hello and let you know what was going on.

Hope you have a better experience in future.

xxx"

This is exactly what he should have done

By *ickomxxxMan  over a year ago

Wadebridge

More fool him is all i can say!

By *ust4fun26Couple  over a year ago

West Yorkshire

I think you did the right thing, he probably should have acknowledged you a little more. We’ve done Gran Canaria and met up with people after we’ve eaten and more often than not people are delayed but we’ve just waited in a bar and kept in contact, we wouldn’t move on if we know someone was still intending on coming to meet us.

By *murphMan  over a year ago

drogheda

He was very rude I have often met couples on here who I didn't gell with and at least we spoke and have friends as a result as a single guy we all know things can happen where either party have to cancel at last minute due to work or other factors but at least he should have explained when he was there I think a block would be in order

By *ieman300Man  over a year ago

Best Greggs in Cheshire East

He could have at least messaged you. When he went for a drink or a tinkle if he hadn't wanted to do so in front of the other couple. I don't understand his behaviour. Even better invited you over and it's 5 people having a nice time surely.

By *zamiWoman  over a year ago

LONDON

He's got no social skills - block him xx

By *unandbuckCouple  over a year ago

Sheffield

I think you did the right thing.

There is a 'bird in the hand' thing, he may have been getting on very well with the other couple and was fearful of ending the night without playing with either couple?

If we had been in his situation, we would have come and chatted.

Also depends if it was a 'say hi if you see us' type arrangement or something more concrete.

In any instance he shouldn't have completely blanked you.

By *orks funMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

Meet him again then take turns to bum him mercilessly that should teach him.

Joking ffs !!

» Add a new message to this topic