FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How to manage childcare

How to manage childcare

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *nvercouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Inverness

Hi all. Starting thinking about playing again after a 2 year break. In that time we had a beautiful baby who is now 6 months old and we're wondering how people manage to have a swinging life while having young children.

Thanks in advance. Xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

The only way we manage to get out as a couple is by leaving kids with their grandparents overnight. We don't get out much together. It depends how you organise your playtime really.

By *SAchickWoman  over a year ago

Hillside desolate

This is basically why I have a single profile now, one of us has to stay at home as we very rarely get a babysitter so we meet separately for now.

"The only way we manage to get out as a couple is by leaving kids with their grandparents overnight. We don't get out much together. It depends how you organise your playtime really. "

This.

We were exactly the same, took a long break to have our kids.

It's a fine line to make sure we have plenty of quality time for just us, and still keep swinging, so we try to alternate between a "date" night and a "play" night, it just means we rarely get either, but it doesn't bother us too muc, it's just the reality of things.

When we have a big party night out, we will drop the kids off st their grandparents about 4 in the afternoon, which gives us ample time to get ready without questions. Then we collect them the next day. We used to do this about once a month, but it's more like once every couple of months now.

Mrs

By *ischief ManagedCouple  over a year ago

manchester

its usually once a month for us maybe twice/ three times if we are lucky dependant on childcare

Me and my sons dad have split so I can meet when he's at his dads, that leaves every other weekend free so time goes to friends first and I try and meet if he stays at his dads on a weeknight mostly xx

By *urvymamaWoman  over a year ago

Doncaster

I'm separated from my girls dad so I play while they stay with him which is only during school holidays given the distance between us and neither driving

That or I do have a reliable babysitter I can pay to watch them while I go to my local club or to a rare guy that can actually accommodate

"Me and my sons dad have split so I can meet when he's at his dads, that leaves every other weekend free so time goes to friends first and I try and meet if he stays at his dads on a weeknight mostly xx"

I am free every other sat night when my daughter goes to her mums. However hardly anyone can meet during the daytime in the week.

By *ldhillhotwifeCouple  over a year ago

Old Hill

We manage to escape our children about every 6 weeks...

Its great to have grandparents wanting to give us time off for date nights.

By *onnicCouple  over a year ago

Rotherham

We have 3 children 2 years and under and we have to leave them with grandparents and try to have two meets and month .. id love to accommodate so we can more fun but they are unpredictable with their sleeping so

It just isn't possible xx

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

We just have the one and finding a sitter for weekends if we get one off is a nightmare. We'd love to get to clubs more or eventually have a more private meet, it's just awkward to set up.

It's all in the planning and then enjoying the time with each other on the occasional time the inevitable happens and it doesn't work out for whatever reason

By *nvercouple OP   Couple  over a year ago

Inverness

Thanks for the posts everyone.

Hoping we will be able to juggle things so we can play sometimes.

Will definitely not be taking anyone to our house when she is home though! Xx

By *andomfodCouple  over a year ago

walsall

We have the same view. That's why we have don't accomodate.

By *azza80Woman  over a year ago

Kirkby Liverpool

My kidz go away wiv ther paternal grandparents once a month for a weekend. I also get certain weekdays free certain times wen kidz at skool/nursery. I dont hav anyone at my house if my kidz are home, even if ther asleep cuz as it was sed previously by another..kidz are unpredictable and cud wake up and I dont want to confuse them x

If you can possibly manage it consider travelling to attend a club. It would be so disheartening to arrange a meet and them be a no show (we all know it happens) when its wasted your precious child-free time. Sure you would still have each other which would be nice. But at least if you go to a club you aren't relying on anyone else to turn up, there will be loads of people to meet x

By *issy and GingeCouple  over a year ago

Poole

We have just had a club night scuppered when the childcare evaporated a few days before

By *ELLONS AND CREAMWoman  over a year ago

stourbridge area

Aren't grandparents wonderful ...

Someone should start a Swinger Babysitting Business! Overnights. No questions asked. Dreamcatcher Xx

» Add a new message to this topic