FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Per_menopause advice from lady

Per_menopause advice from lady

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ellowbabes OP   Couple  over a year ago

newport/cwmbran

I am 48 I not had monthly for 6 weeks.but for last few days I had light bleeding for few days.previous to this I had night sweat.tiredness. just not myself .is this start of it some days got no energy but I am taking well women vitamins.but bleeding been on of for last few days .any advice lady would be appropriate

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

newport/cwmbran

"I am 48 I not had monthly for 6 weeks.but for last few days I had light bleeding for few days.previous to this I had night sweat.tiredness. just not myself .is this start of it some days got no energy but I am taking well women vitamins.but bleeding been on of for last few days .any advice lady would be appropriate "
I meant appriciated

By *gnitemybodyWoman  over a year ago

Onestepoutofthedoor

I'm just going to follow this as I'm pretty sure I'm perimenipausal

Onestepoutofthedoor

I belong to a closed group on Fb called Menopause misery maybe join them there's lots of advise in there.

newport/cwmbran

"I'm just going to follow this as I'm pretty sure I'm perimenipausal "
thank I aching too.feeling worthless.etc

newport/cwmbran

"I belong to a closed group on Fb called Menopause misery maybe join them there's lots of advise in there."
thank

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I am 48 I not had monthly for 6 weeks.but for last few days I had light bleeding for few days.previous to this I had night sweat.tiredness. just not myself .is this start of it some days got no energy but I am taking well women vitamins.but bleeding been on of for last few days .any advice lady would be appropriate "

It sounds like the peri menopause to me, although all women have different symptoms ..

When mine started there was a lot of flooding and my last few periods lasted weeks rather than days ...

I didn't realise it was the peri menopause though, as I was only 40, and had recently been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid.. so many overlapping symptoms...

By the time the penny dropped I was almost out of the other side with no serious side affects

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I'm just going to follow this as I'm pretty sure I'm perimenipausal thank I aching too.feeling worthless.etc"

Yep there's a shed load of symptoms

newport/cwmbran

"I am 48 I not had monthly for 6 weeks.but for last few days I had light bleeding for few days.previous to this I had night sweat.tiredness. just not myself .is this start of it some days got no energy but I am taking well women vitamins.but bleeding been on of for last few days .any advice lady would be appropriate

It sounds like the peri menopause to me, although all women have different symptoms ..

When mine started there was a lot of flooding and my last few periods lasted weeks rather than days ...

I didn't realise it was the peri menopause though, as I was only 40, and had recently been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid.. so many overlapping symptoms...

By the time the penny dropped I was almost out of the other side with no serious side affects "

mine was watery before told dr she said it was normal my mum finish age 50.

newport/cwmbran

"I'm just going to follow this as I'm pretty sure I'm perimenipausal thank I aching too.feeling worthless.etc

Yep there's a shed load of symptoms "

yeah sure is

"I am 48 I not had monthly for 6 weeks.but for last few days I had light bleeding for few days.previous to this I had night sweat.tiredness. just not myself .is this start of it some days got no energy but I am taking well women vitamins.but bleeding been on of for last few days .any advice lady would be appropriate

By the time the penny dropped I was almost out of the other side with no serious side affects mine was watery before told dr she said it was normal my mum finish age 50."

Yes my mum finished at around that age and so did I...

If your mum was early then chances are that you will be too, it's a hereditary thing..

Go and see your dr who will be able to advise ..

Maybe HRT might help?

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

Join the club.

My Dr. suggested hormone replacement, but I don't react well to synthetic hormones so I'm a bit reluctant at the minute.

Sounds like you are perimenipausal ...if you are having symptoms you need to see your gp and have blood tests done to establish a diagnosis the average age is 52 but there are plenty of treatments for symptom control including HRT...hope it helps x

newport/cwmbran

By the time the penny dropped I was almost out of the other side with no serious side affects mine was watery before told dr she said it was normal my mum finish age 50.

Yes my mum finished at around that age and so did I...

If your mum was early then chances are that you will be too, it's a hereditary thing..

Go and see your dr who will be able to advise ..

Maybe HRT might help? "

thank you

One of those threads where men can't bud in.

I really feel for you women! Those monthly cycles with all the crumps and inconvenience, then menopause end of..

It can't be fun.

"Join the club.

My Dr. suggested hormone replacement, but I don't react well to synthetic hormones so I'm a bit reluctant at the minute."

My dr advised the same, also said I could try it for a trial period and if I didn't like it I could stop it...

which is what I did...

it wasn't for me

"One of those threads where men can't bud in.

I really feel for you women! Those monthly cycles with all the crumps and inconvenience, then menopause end of..

It can't be fun. "

newport/cwmbran

I feel failure inside to mr but he so understanding caring but women got to put up with it.only most men understand.

You may not wish to but but just letting you know that most major hospitals have a Menopause Clinic and if one asks, the GP will make a referral. They can help peri-menopausal women too

- Mrs. J -

It can't be fun. "

but you're going to...

It can't be fun.

but you're going to... "

...can't relate from experience. Or professional point of view, unless a medical doctor.

Otherwise, opinion and sympathy - any time.

Actually wait! Abdomen massage greatly relieves period pain .

Onestepoutofthedoor

"You may not wish to but but just letting you know that most major hospitals have a Menopause Clinic and if one asks, the GP will make a referral. They can help peri-menopausal women too

- Mrs. J -"

Oh that's good to know!

It can't be fun.

but you're going to...

...can't relate from experience. Or professional point of view, unless a medical doctor.

Actually wait! Abdomen massage greatly relieves period pain ."

ah...just trying to hijack it to sell yourself then...

It can't be fun.

but you're going to...

Actually wait! Abdomen massage greatly relieves period pain .

ah...just trying to hijack it to sell yourself then..."

Of course, smarty pants. I'm the only masseur in the whole universe, so you have no choice,right?

OP, the thread is yours. The previous poster provoked me. Bye!

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Join the club.

My Dr. suggested hormone replacement, but I don't react well to synthetic hormones so I'm a bit reluctant at the minute.

My dr advised the same, also said I could try it for a trial period and if I didn't like it I could stop it...

which is what I did...

it wasn't for me "

Can I ask how long it took for the hormones to leave your system?

It took me about 6 months to start feeling more me after having the Mirena coil removed, don't really want to go through that again.

Bookmarking this thread for reference

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

You can get over the counter tests. There usually next to the pregancy tests and if this is what it is chat to your doctor.

Also it my be worth chatting to the family planning clinic to sort out the best form of birth control while going through it

Hi Ladies, I'm 51, last bled 12 months ago and started hot flushes and sweating about 3 months ago. On advice of pharmacy started sage tablets daily. Minimised the flushes and sweats straight away, and in the last 2 weeks only one minor episode. Highly recommend. Glad to say sex drive is not affected at all!!

By *sbiloverWoman  over a year ago

London

I refused HRT as after research and a long talk with my Doc, it appears that HRT just delays the sympthoms, so you get them later.

She did however give me a recipe for a cake! We call it HRT cake. It takes getting used to but it's full of nuts, soya and wholewheat flour and best of all, it actually worked for me!

If I made one it would disappear as everyone ate it.

It's worth a try and I could post the recipe if you like.

HRT is helpful in the first five years of menopause and protects the heart and the bones however it's long term use is questionable

"I refused HRT as after research and a long talk with my Doc, it appears that HRT just delays the sympthoms, so you get them later.

She did however give me a recipe for a cake! We call it HRT cake. It takes getting used to but it's full of nuts, soya and wholewheat flour and best of all, it actually worked for me!

If I made one it would disappear as everyone ate it.

It's worth a try and I could post the recipe if you like.

"

I'd appreciate a copy please!

By *aaLaaWoman  over a year ago

Pontesbury

My next door neighbour has been raiding my sage lately, she reckons that fresh is better than the supplements (though I'm not sure you can really get enough that way).

But it's making her feel better whether it's as a placebo or not so we've planted up lots of pots for the summer!

newport/cwmbran

"My next door neighbour has been raiding my sage lately, she reckons that fresh is better than the supplements (though I'm not sure you can really get enough that way).

But it's making her feel better whether it's as a placebo or not so we've planted up lots of pots for the summer!"

good advice thank

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"You can get over the counter tests. There usually next to the pregancy tests and if this is what it is chat to your doctor.

Also it my be worth chatting to the family planning clinic to sort out the best form of birth control while going through it"

Do you need different birth control going through it?

newport/cwmbran

"Hi Ladies, I'm 51, last bled 12 months ago and started hot flushes and sweating about 3 months ago. On advice of pharmacy started sage tablets daily. Minimised the flushes and sweats straight away, and in the last 2 weeks only one minor episode. Highly recommend. Glad to say sex drive is not affected at all!!"
worth ago advice

newport/cwmbran

"You can get over the counter tests. There usually next to the pregancy tests and if this is what it is chat to your doctor.

Also it my be worth chatting to the family planning clinic to sort out the best form of birth control while going through it"

something else i could try while not me bleeding

Forum Mod

O o O oo

It could be the start of it, I didn't have any other symptoms going through it apart from a bit of itching on the body ( didn't realise that was connected ) and an odd bleed like yours.

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor.

"Join the club.

which is what I did...

it wasn't for me

Can I ask how long it took for the hormones to leave your system?

It took me about 6 months to start feeling more me after having the Mirena coil removed, don't really want to go through that again."

I tried it for a month as was recommended and think it didn't take that long after before I was back to 'normal'...

The worst thing that happened when I was on it was that the bleeding started again but that stopped as soon as I stopped it

There's a useful site called menopause matters which covers symptoms, physical and psychological, and a range of treatment options, including links to other material. It can be quite surprising what symptoms are linked to menopause. It's trial and error to find what may work for you, I'm afraid, and it can take at least 3 months before your body responds to treatments.

Be kind to yourself and rest when you need to.

I've just started the menopause, but have been peri menopausal for a few years. When I mentioned it to my dr he never offered me anything. Luckily enough I'm not suffering too badly, though I do get vaginal dryness even at the most inopportune moments.

For vaginal dryness, the GP can prescribe Replens MD

newport/cwmbran

"It could be the start of it, I didn't have any other symptoms going through it apart from a bit of itching on the body ( didn't realise that was connected ) and an odd bleed like yours.

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor."

thank you i had my smear last nov was clear .but thank you might do

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Also it my be worth chatting to the family planning clinic to sort out the best form of birth control while going through it

Do you need different birth control going through it?"

well i know some women have been given the coil at the onset of menapause and they can also advice when you can stop using contraception

"It could be the start of it, I didn't have any other symptoms going through it apart from a bit of itching on the body ( didn't realise that was connected ) and an odd bleed like yours.

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor.thank you i had my smear last nov was clear .but thank you might do"

A smear only checks for cervical changes, unusual bleeding can be a symptom of many other issues and should definitely be mentioned to your doctor.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

Do you need different birth control going through it?well i know some women have been given the coil at the onset of menapause and they can also advice when you can stop using contraception"

Ah right, I thought you meant women are advised to change their birth control, I wouldn't have been told that as he has had the snip so why I asked.

Forum Mod

O o O oo

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor.thank you i had my smear last nov was clear .but thank you might do"

A smear only checks for certain things, bleeding can account for other things.

"I've just started the menopause, but have been peri menopausal for a few years. When I mentioned it to my dr he never offered me anything. Luckily enough I'm not suffering too badly, though I do get vaginal dryness even at the most inopportune moments. "

from my experience, they don't offer anything unless you ask for it...

they will give advice on what may be best for you but really its up to you to decide what that is..

newport/cwmbran

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor.thank you i had my smear last nov was clear .but thank you might do

A smear only checks for certain things, bleeding can account for other things. "

thank you will get it check

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor."

I didn't realise that itching was a symptom, it drove me crazy for about 6 months. Now it's the hubby complaining about a dead sex drive that is driving me crazy.... and the flushed face, temp fluctuations, headaches, tiredness, aching, bloating, continual bleeding for 6 weeks at a time. To name a few

London

Phytoestrogens

Seeds almost all especially linseeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seed, sunflower see and sprouted seeds.

Nuts almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, peanuts, walnuts and nut oils

Whole grains almost all especially corn, buckwheat, millet, oats, rye and wheat

Fresh fruits especially apples, avocadoes, bananas, mangos, pawpaws, rhubarb

Dried fruits especially dates, figs, prunes, raisins (all high in calcium too)

Vegetables dark green leafy vegetables(broccoli, watercress, spinach), celery, fennel, Chinese leaves

Legumes especially soya beans and soya products, chickpeas, lentils

Cooking herbs especially angelica, chervil, chives, garlic, ginger, horseradish, nutmeg, parsley, rosemary, sage

Honey especially when made from wild flowers, also bee pollen and royal jelly supplements

HRT CAKE

Ingredients 4oz/100g soya flour

4oz/100g whole wheat flour (I’ve found this is incredibly difficult to get)

¼ litre soya milk

2oz/50g each of sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seed, flaked almonds

8oz/200g raisins

2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped

½ tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon, ground ginger

1 TBS (table spoon) malt extract

Method put dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix throroughly

Add soya milk and malt extract

Mix well and leave to soak for ½ hour

(if mixture too stiff, add more soya milk)

Spoon into a loaf tin lined with grease proof paper

Bake in oven gas mark 5/180 C for about 1 ½ hours or until cooked through (use a skewer to test)

Turn out and leave to cool

Ideally – eat a slice a day!

To be honest though, odd bleeding could be other things too so it wouldn't hurt to check it out with the doctor.

I didn't realise that itching was a symptom, it drove me crazy for about 6 months. Now it's the hubby complaining about a dead sex drive that is driving me crazy.... and the flushed face, temp fluctuations, headaches, tiredness, aching, bloating, continual bleeding for 6 weeks at a time. To name a few "

How about bleeding gums, pre-menstrual morning sickness (with vomiting) and asthma?

Forum Mod

O o O oo

I didn't realise that itching was a symptom, it drove me crazy for about 6 months. Now it's the hubby complaining about a dead sex drive that is driving me crazy.... and the flushed face, temp fluctuations, headaches, tiredness, aching, bloating, continual bleeding for 6 weeks at a time. To name a few "

Sounds awful...I did have the bleeding for weeks on end a good few years before I went through the menopause and they gave me tabs to regulate it, have they offered you some?

By *hell and jCouple  over a year ago

doncaster

I bet goibg through it too xx not a lot docs can do till really into too xx but in plus side my hotness has gone through the window xx

London

"

HRT CAKE

Ingredients 4oz/100g soya flour

4oz/100g whole wheat flour (I’ve found this is incredibly difficult to get)

¼ litre soya milk

2oz/50g each of sunflower, sesame and pumpkin seed, flaked almonds

8oz/200g raisins

2 pieces stem ginger, finely chopped

½ tsp each of nutmeg, cinnamon, ground ginger

1 TBS (table spoon) malt extract

Method put dry ingredients into a large bowl and mix throroughly

Add soya milk and malt extract

Mix well and leave to soak for ½ hour

(if mixture too stiff, add more soya milk)

Spoon into a loaf tin lined with grease proof paper

Bake in oven gas mark 5/180 C for about 1 ½ hours or until cooked through (use a skewer to test)

Turn out and leave to cool

Ideally – eat a slice a day!

"

I cooked it for 1.15min so it was moist and ate it when it was still warm.

I really hope that this helps...someone

By *aughtywifeandhimCouple  over a year ago

luton

Yes you are showing all the symptoms .as is my wife she thought she had finished then started again , very irregular periods hot flushes mood swings , playing havoc with our swing fun , and she said it could go on for years . She uses herbal tablets she gets off Amazon, which she says does help , I'm glad I'm a bloke as would hate to have to go through it ??

Replens works by 'exfoliating' the internal dead skin cells and will cause what can only be described as wet tissue like clumps to form and shed...

I used it once and had this disgustingly embarrassing discharge for 6 weeks, be aware it's not just a simple bit of lubrication your using, you'll literally be able to scoop out the wet tissue like debris until it stops exfoliating, and of course it will stick to anything inserted ie; tampons, toys, penis...! I didn't even have dryness but doc prescribed it because I'd asked some peri menopause questions, I thought I'd give it ago and within a day regretted it!

"Replens works by 'exfoliating' the internal dead skin cells and will cause what can only be described as wet tissue like clumps to form and shed...

I used it once and had this disgustingly embarrassing discharge for 6 weeks, be aware it's not just a simple bit of lubrication your using, you'll literally be able to scoop out the wet tissue like debris until it stops exfoliating, and of course it will stick to anything inserted ie; tampons, toys, penis...! I didn't even have dryness but doc prescribed it because I'd asked some peri menopause questions, I thought I'd give it ago and within a day regretted it!"

Ewwww

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

I didn't realise that itching was a symptom, it drove me crazy for about 6 months. Now it's the hubby complaining about a dead sex drive that is driving me crazy.... and the flushed face, temp fluctuations, headaches, tiredness, aching, bloating, continual bleeding for 6 weeks at a time. To name a few

Sounds awful...I did have the bleeding for weeks on end a good few years before I went through the menopause and they gave me tabs to regulate it, have they offered you some?"

Well the tiredness is loads better it was a total exhaustion, just getting up to make a coffee was hard work. And falling asleep on the sofa a 4pm, I never nap, even when the kids were babies!

Headaches, good weeks and bad weeks, and yes the headache can easily last for 5-6 days.... touch wood it has been a couple of good weeks.

The Dr. mentioned HRT a while back, but I had a real shitty time with the synthetic hormones in a Mirena coil, which I personally think started this whole peri-menopause thing, that I am a bit reluctant to try, but if they leave my body quite quickly once you stop, I may give them a go.

Luckily no bleeding gums or asthma, but there has been nausea but no throwing up.

newport/cwmbran

"Yes you are showing all the symptoms .as is my wife she thought she had finished then started again , very irregular periods hot flushes mood swings , playing havoc with our swing fun , and she said it could go on for years . She uses herbal tablets she gets off Amazon, which she says does help , I'm glad I'm a bloke as would hate to have to go through it ??"
yeah same thing aa your wide. But I taking well women tabs sort of help get mood swing to great advice

By *cduck and Blue eyesCouple  over a year ago

nr chester

A.vogel is a brilliant site, sign up for emails, they will send you free samples of herbal menopause relief tablets to try my sister found them to be fantastic, they also send you a monthly newsletter and have lots FAQs to look at

Also if you are sure you are menopausal you can request a DEXA scan from your gp, it measures bone density, if your bone density is low then you can take a calcium supplement if you are not taking HRT, good luck with it girls, just another of life's little tests hey , Mrs blue eyes

newport/cwmbran

"A.vogel is a brilliant site, sign up for emails, they will send you free samples of herbal menopause relief tablets to try my sister found them to be fantastic, they also send you a monthly newsletter and have lots FAQs to look at

Also if you are sure you are menopausal you can request a DEXA scan from your gp, it measures bone density, if your bone density is low then you can take a calcium supplement if you are not taking HRT, good luck with it girls, just another of life's little tests hey , Mrs blue eyes "

thanks

By *rwolfMan  over a year ago

bristol

the main symptoms are

Hot flushes.

Breast tenderness.

Worsening of premenstrual syndrome.

Decreased libido (sex drive).

Fatigue.

Irregular periods.

Vaginal dryness; discomfort during sex.

Urine leakage when coughing or sneezing.

Urinary urgency (a pressing need to urinate more frequently).

Mood swings.

Difficulty sleeping.

forgive some of the phrases but those are the common demoinators.

there are lots of herbal bits you can take as well as meds to take some of the edge of. if you feel you are then you can go to your GP and hopefully they can help

"the main symptoms are

Hot flushes.

Breast tenderness.

Fatigue.

Irregular periods.

Mood swings.

Difficulty sleeping.

there are lots of herbal bits you can take as well as meds to take some of the edge of. if you feel you are then you can go to your GP and hopefully they can help

"

thankyou Dr

newport/cwmbran

"the main symptoms are

Hot flushes.

Breast tenderness.

Fatigue.

Irregular periods.

Mood swings.

Difficulty sleeping.

"

thank you I read this on google

bristol

Ahh love google, one of the few places we are all 3 clicks away from dying

Also on my behalf, ive worked over a decade in medicine

newport/cwmbran

"Ahh love google, one of the few places we are all 3 clicks away from dying

Also on my behalf, ive worked over a decade in medicine "

aw I appreciate it advice

bristol

You are welcome to pm me for advice on alternative remedies that might help

But personally i would suggest getting yourself seen by your gp and getting things rolling there

newport/cwmbran

"You are welcome to pm me for advice on alternative remedies that might help

But personally i would suggest getting yourself seen by your gp and getting things rolling there"

thank you

By *ihimbiherCouple  over a year ago

lightwater

Anyone watch the match last night

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

Had quite an early menopause, used one of the testing kits, as someone suggested. Went to Gp, he put me on HRT, which I kept on for 7years. Was still having monthly bleeds. Decided to come off meds, gp said I had to be weaned off, so changed to gel and pills. Periods all over the place, so decided to go cold turkey, don't recommend this, talk to your GP. Periods stopped straight away, but still have night sweats, which I can deal with. But feel great. Glad I had the hrt though, but not for everyone. Good luck OP

did anyone mention unwanted and unruly sprouting hair yet??

sneaky feckers

By *amissCouple  over a year ago

chelmsford

"did anyone mention unwanted and unruly sprouting hair yet??

sneaky feckers "

No...! Don't mention the hair!

Op try the website menopause matters it is full of useful information

Or breasts loosing fullness before your very eyes in what seems like overnight!!!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

sneaky feckers "

yep

I was having awful problems with hot flushes, night sweats, aching, headaches, bad memory etc. It was hugely affecting my life and my job. Most nights i had to change the bed linen due to night sweats. I had to take at least one change of clothes to work because of the hot flushes. I tried all the herb stuff but none of them worked at all so were just a big waste of money. I asked for HRT. Doc prescribed it for me after going thru all the fors and againsts. It was a miracle drug and i loved it. Then had a health scare so had to stop taking it for a while but all the nasty symptons came back so i begged my doc for HRT and he gave me it again thank goodness. Its good to take because it helps my bones plus no more hot flushes

By *aaLaaWoman  over a year ago

Pontesbury

sneaky feckers

yep "

OMFG the hair....... where does it all come from?

newport/cwmbran

I have now join the site tjat was advice on here really good information as been on of week now started bleeding heavily and aching .but thank everyone for advice mrs

I would recommend an excellent book by Dr Christiane Northrup called The Wisdom of the Menopause, covers all symptoms, physical and mental. And don't worry OP, there is light at the end of the tunnel!

By *abes in the woodWoman  over a year ago

wales

[Removed by poster at 01/05/17 08:12:41]

newport/cwmbran

"I would recommend an excellent book by Dr Christiane Northrup called The Wisdom of the Menopause, covers all symptoms, physical and mental. And don't worry OP, there is light at the end of the tunnel!"
thank you look into that

Has anyone else had rapid weight loss... in the last month I've unintentionally lost nearly a stone and now a size 8, my bum and breasts have disappeared and im left with loose skin on thighs and arms... body suddenly looking old and wrinkly!

By *loppsyWoman  over a year ago

marlow

I went to my doctor a year ago with mild symptoms and she was great. Did all the right blood test and scans and confirmed I was heading into menopause. Got HRT and it's amazing feel back to my normal self.

Onestepoutofthedoor

"I went to my doctor a year ago with mild symptoms and she was great. Did all the right blood test and scans and confirmed I was heading into menopause. Got HRT and it's amazing feel back to my normal self. "

Sounds like you have a great doctor!

Forum Mod

My Own Little World

"Has anyone else had rapid weight loss... in the last month I've unintentionally lost nearly a stone and now a size 8, my bum and breasts have disappeared and im left with loose skin on thighs and arms... body suddenly looking old and wrinkly! "

Sudden weight loss is not a symptom of perimenopause, you should probably go see your GP to rule out anything nasty.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

I'm not too bad but I do have the Mirena coil which should see me through the worst of it.

I do get the odd night sweat and fatigue is awful. Also memory loss which is worrying at times.

Great advice on here.

By *BW SnowbunnyWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere over the Rainbow

I'm going through the menopause, have been for the last 4 years and I'm 48. I've been on oral hrt which has helped greatly but it has a bleed week which I'm not happy with so I have the depo injection as well to stop them. After a long chat with the dr at the sexual health clinic I've decided to try the hrt Mirena coil to see how I get on.

So many people think that if a woman is menopausal she has lost interest in sex - let me tell you mine has gone up through the roof, I can't get enough sex

newport/cwmbran

I bled lightly for week which only needed panty liner.then 3 days heavy. Then last few days spotting but before this I miss a month .but Mr think I need to go to dr get it check out.mrs

» Add a new message to this topic