FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Self-fulfilling expectations

Self-fulfilling expectations

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

After the last weekend, I've started wondering about something. If you go into a situation expecting that people won't like you, does that make it more likely that they won't? Or just more likely that you'll think they don't?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I spent a lot of time at secondary school not talking to people as I thought they didn't like me. Now we are older a few have told me they thought I was really snobby at school because I never talked to them. So guess that can happen.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

More likely that you'll think they don't, it isn't possible to know if someone else will like you or not in advance.

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

I guess your attitude might be different which would in turn create a different response from the people that you're meeting. Personally don't care whether people like me or not so that makes it easier.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

You can never know what people are thinking. I spend my life imagining people are saying 'phwoooaar! he's awesome!' when they look at me.

"You can never know what people are thinking. I spend my life imagining people are saying 'phwoooaar! he's awesome!' when they look at me. "

Well surely they are

"You can never know what people are thinking. I spend my life imagining people are saying 'phwoooaar! he's awesome!' when they look at me. "

Unfortunately, in my case that would require a level of self-delusion that I'm simply not capable of.

By *piritsonfabCouple  over a year ago

Nottingham

"You can never know what people are thinking. I spend my life imagining people are saying 'phwoooaar! he's awesome!' when they look at me.

Unfortunately, in my case that would require a level of self-delusion that I'm simply not capable of. "

Why? Thinking someone is awesome isnt dependent on any one thing (such as looks). You could be a awesome with your florentining for example;);)

Lack of confidence could have an effect on those around you i suppose. Or it could just make you more paranoid?

Some people are the opposite and highly confident, sometimes in a way that makes them attractive, sometimes in a way that makes it so nobody really likes them.

I'd say learn to trust how you feel based on reactions after rather than have any expectations on whether people will like you or not.

"You can never know what people are thinking. I spend my life imagining people are saying 'phwoooaar! he's awesome!' when they look at me.

Unfortunately, in my case that would require a level of self-delusion that I'm simply not capable of.

Why? Thinking someone is awesome isnt dependent on any one thing (such as looks). You could be a awesome with your florentining for example;);)"

I can't think of anything about me that would be considered awesome.

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Why? Thinking someone is awesome isnt dependent on any one thing (such as looks). You could be a awesome with your florentining for example;);)

I can't think of anything about me that would be considered awesome. "

Well your ironings not bad

S

Positive mental attitude

I can, I can, I can.

I will, I will, I will.

"Positive mental attitude

I can, I can, I can.