FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Feelings...

Feelings...

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ingleprincess OP   Woman  over a year ago

lincolnshire

Anyone found someone on here that they think they have feelings for? How do you know if to trust them? Not met yet but have that connection.. will be another couple of weeks to meet due to his work. New to all this so don't know how to feel.

What have you done about it?

What should I do about it?

Help!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

That's exactly what happened to myself and my partner. This is where we met as we both had single profiles

Just relax and go with the flow ,its nice chatting to someone and getting to know them,but when you meet it can be completely different.

lincolnshire

Wow and your together now?

"Wow and your together now?"

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy

lincolnshire

"Just relax and go with the flow ,its nice chatting to someone and getting to know them,but when you meet it can be completely different."

Yeah think I need to relax just see how it goes. I don't want to meet anyone else until I meet him though as I'd feel bad?

"Wow and your together now?

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy "

Brilliant

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy Brilliant "

Thank you Obviously it wasn't the intent of either of us to have a relationship but it just happened and it works so very well. Not for everyone to have a relationship with someone from here but each to their own.

lincolnshire

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy Brilliant

Thank you Obviously it wasn't the intent of either of us to have a relationship but it just happened and it works so very well. Not for everyone to have a relationship with someone from here but each to their own. "

Good on you if it works out then why not eyy! If you have the same interests then why not

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy Brilliant

Thank you Obviously it wasn't the intent of either of us to have a relationship but it just happened and it works so very well. Not for everyone to have a relationship with someone from here but each to their own.

Good on you if it works out then why not eyy! If you have the same interests then why not

"

Oh we definitely have the same interests

By *GHertsCouple  over a year ago

North Herts

If you're both available (i.e. single), and both have the same feelings then why not let things develop? Meeting here with shared interests is no different from meeting anywhere else and finding there's a "spark" - it's only where someone is already attached that danger lies in having emotional "feelings".

Good luck OP

Mr G

By *ecretpassion100Couple  over a year ago

Walsall

We both had single profiles and met on fab.... Now we are proper loved up.... We don't play with others much but are still on the scene for the friends we have.... We also still go to clubs but only really play with each other and me the odd lady.... We are very happy.... Just go with the flow you will both know if it feels right xxx

"We both had single profiles and met on fab.... Now we are proper loved up.... We don't play with others much but are still on the scene for the friends we have.... We also still go to clubs but only really play with each other and me the odd lady.... We are very happy.... Just go with the flow you will both know if it feels right xxx"

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Anyone found someone on here that they think they have feelings for? How do you know if to trust them? Not met yet but have that connection.. will be another couple of weeks to meet due to his work. New to all this so don't know how to feel.

Help!

"

I would say hold on there. You haven't met in person and you've contacted each other on a swingers site where it's usual (but not mandatory) for people to not be exclusive. Only you can know "once you've met him" if you can trust him and I really would in a nice way advise caution.

Good luck, I truly hope you both find what's best for you but please don't make yourself vulnerable.

Just treat it like an ordinay meet. If it goes well meet again. Feelings will come when they are right.

online communication can become very intense very quickly. it's a ratified atmosphere where people feel they can be themselves, warts and all and trust that the other person is being as open and honest as they are. it can be quite intoxicating but we often don't make sensible decisions when intoxicated.

not saying it's not possible to meet your soul mate swinging. I did and we're very happy together but we didn't get into messaging and chat. our attraction to each other came through meeting...embrace the possibilities by all means. after all people meet in all kinds of ways nowadays, who's to say one is more valid than the other but I'm never truly convinced you can really know someone is for you until you're actually in the same room together

lincolnshire

"online communication can become very intense very quickly. it's a ratified atmosphere where people feel they can be themselves, warts and all and trust that the other person is being as open and honest as they are. it can be quite intoxicating but we often don't make sensible decisions when intoxicated.

not saying it's not possible to meet your soul mate swinging. I did and we're very happy together but we didn't get into messaging and chat. our attraction to each other came through meeting...embrace the possibilities by all means. after all people meet in all kinds of ways nowadays, who's to say one is more valid than the other but I'm never truly convinced you can really know someone is for you until you're actually in the same room together"

Yeah I agree just hold on till the meet I suppose thankyou

lincolnshire

"Just treat it like an ordinay meet. If it goes well meet again. Feelings will come when they are right. "

Thankyou!

lincolnshire

"Anyone found someone on here that they think they have feelings for? How do you know if to trust them? Not met yet but have that connection.. will be another couple of weeks to meet due to his work. New to all this so don't know how to feel.

Help!

I would say hold on there. You haven't met in person and you've contacted each other on a swingers site where it's usual (but not mandatory) for people to not be exclusive. Only you can know "once you've met him" if you can trust him and I really would in a nice way advise caution.

Good luck, I truly hope you both find what's best for you but please don't make yourself vulnerable. "

Thankyou I'm trying my best to hold them in till the meet we will see

lincolnshire

"We both had single profiles and met on fab.... Now we are proper loved up.... We don't play with others much but are still on the scene for the friends we have.... We also still go to clubs but only really play with each other and me the odd lady.... We are very happy.... Just go with the flow you will both know if it feels right xxx"

Thankyou just felt abit silly didn't realise if people actually have met people off here before I've been on Pof met people off that but I'm into all this stuff so why not meet someone with the same interests and have fun at the same time! I just hope I get to meet him soon... x

"online communication can become very intense very quickly. it's a ratified atmosphere where people feel they can be themselves, warts and all and trust that the other person is being as open and honest as they are. it can be quite intoxicating but we often don't make sensible decisions when intoxicated.

not saying it's not possible to meet your soul mate swinging. I did and we're very happy together but we didn't get into messaging and chat. our attraction to each other came through meeting...embrace the possibilities by all means. after all people meet in all kinds of ways nowadays, who's to say one is more valid than the other but I'm never truly convinced you can really know someone is for you until you're actually in the same room together"

By *umpleteazerWoman  over a year ago

Flintshire

Try not to get your hopes up too much. Messaging is very different to meeting in person. I have not always got on as well face to face with someone as i have through messaging. Also beware that people can pretend they are whoever they want to be online. Don't want to shit on your parade but also don't want you heartbroken if it doesn't work out xx

Help!

"

in the past I have met someone off here that I developed feelings for, and vice versa, but only after we had met a couple of times in the real world..at the time we decided to try and make it work so we both came off here. It lasted for over a year but then he moved away for work so we decided to finish things but I wouldn't rule out meeting anyone again...in fact I am actively looking again

By *ackDMissMorganCouple  over a year ago

Halifax

Help!

"

Hi op,we met on here,Chatted a while,had a social and got on great in real life.we took a bit of time away from here to get to know each other,before creating a couple profile

Just go enjoy yourself op,best of luck..Miss xx

"Just relax and go with the flow ,its nice chatting to someone and getting to know them,but when you meet it can be completely different.

Yeah think I need to relax just see how it goes. I don't want to meet anyone else until I meet him though as I'd feel bad?"

You may not be meeting others til you meet him but how do you know hes not still meeting others while hes waiting to meet you since this is a swingers site

"Try not to get your hopes up too much. Messaging is very different to meeting in person. I have not always got on as well face to face with someone as i have through messaging. Also beware that people can pretend they are whoever they want to be online. Don't want to shit on your parade but also don't want you heartbroken if it doesn't work out xx"

I've been burnt by this whole feelings thing....

Then I saw a pic and now they're gone! Whoop.

I do love romance though and people find it anywhere and everywhere.

What does it matter it was here? Is this not somewhere that most people can be their whole selves and drop the pretence?

Fairy tales were based on something....maybe you have found your fab one! Xx

"I've been burnt by this whole feelings thing....

Then I saw a pic and now they're gone! Whoop.

I do love romance though and people find it anywhere and everywhere.

What does it matter it was here? Is this not somewhere that most people can be their whole selves and drop the pretence?

Fairy tales were based on something....maybe you have found your fab one! Xx"

Totally agree, I think a lot of us really let the barriers down on here and sometimes that allows us to find someone we have an unexpected connection with. It's happened to me!

Good luck OP

lincolnshire

"Just relax and go with the flow ,its nice chatting to someone and getting to know them,but when you meet it can be completely different.

Yeah think I need to relax just see how it goes. I don't want to meet anyone else until I meet him though as I'd feel bad?

You may not be meeting others til you meet him but how do you know hes not still meeting others while hes waiting to meet you since this is a swingers site"

That's what I'm worried about he's met people off here before I have such bad insecurities. Uve got to give everyone a chance but we arranged to meet today then he had to work.. just don't know what to do if to wait and see if he does meet me or just move on to someone else.

Please don't get too caught up... Mr online Prince Charming can be Mr. Frog when you meet face to face.

Continue to chat and meet people until you actually meet him . Because you never know how many people he is chatting to and meeting.

Good luck

You may not be meeting others til you meet him but how do you know hes not still meeting others while hes waiting to meet you since this is a swingers site

That's what I'm worried about he's met people off here before I have such bad insecurities. Uve got to give everyone a chance but we arranged to meet today then he had to work.. just don't know what to do if to wait and see if he does meet me or just move on to someone else."

do you know he did have to go to work ie was it last minute he was called in or do you think he cancelled for another reason. if it was for work genuinely did he say when hed rearrange for also not to be blunt but do you know he is definitely single and not attached as there are usually tell tale signs on their profile

"Please don't get too caught up... Mr online Prince Charming can be Mr. Frog when you meet face to face.

Continue to chat and meet people until you actually meet him . Because you never know how many people he is chatting to and meeting.

Good luck"

This

lincolnshire

That's what I'm worried about he's met people off here before I have such bad insecurities. Uve got to give everyone a chance but we arranged to meet today then he had to work.. just don't know what to do if to wait and see if he does meet me or just move on to someone else.

do you know he did have to go to work ie was it last minute he was called in or do you think he cancelled for another reason. if it was for work genuinely did he say when hed rearrange for also not to be blunt but do you know he is definitely single and not attached as there are usually tell tale signs on their profile"

What are the tell tale signs? He has a house a couple of hours away from me so he's leaving work to travel there to them travel back to work the next morning he's in the RAF

do you know he did have to go to work ie was it last minute he was called in or do you think he cancelled for another reason. if it was for work genuinely did he say when hed rearrange for also not to be blunt but do you know he is definitely single and not attached as there are usually tell tale signs on their profile

What are the tell tale signs? He has a house a couple of hours away from me so he's leaving work to travel there to them travel back to work the next morning he's in the RAF"

Whether he can accommodate or not, if he is only looking for meets at specific times

What are the tell tale signs? He has a house a couple of hours away from me so he's leaving work to travel there to them travel back to work the next morning he's in the RAF

Whether he can accommodate or not, if he is only looking for meets at specific times "

Also no public face pics or pics in general, states he has to be discreet

Whether he can accommodate or not, if he is only looking for meets at specific times

Also no public face pics or pics in general, states he has to be discreet"

Is he verified? Much older than you? Why not start chatting to others in case this doesn't work out

By *hor ThumbMan  over a year ago

bristol

Go with the flow but have your eyes wide open. Some would dissagree but i feel that meeting someone on here if you have a more colourful idea about sex is a very good idea. It beats finding out that your partner is extremely beige when it comes to sex and feeling unfulfilled theirafter. (I was lucky, my missus is a complete harlet(so am i) and being very secure in our relationship we feel like were on an incredibly sexually awakening adventure. Ssex is very important in a relationship. Soneone who is highly sexed with someone who's indiferent towards sex will feel frustrated and the latter maybe pressurised.

bristol

Yeah think I need to relax just see how it goes. I don't want to meet anyone else until I meet him though as I'd feel bad?"

if you feel bad about seeing other people before you've even met this guy ask yourself "am i really into this life style or am i just looking for a partner?"

bristol

"Just treat it like an ordinay meet. If it goes well meet again. Feelings will come when they are right. "

Yes we've been together nearly a year and very, very happy "

We met as singles on fab over 3 years ago, moved in together nearly 3 years ago, still have our singles profile, but seldom meet off them now xxx

We met as singles on fab over 3 years ago, moved in together nearly 3 years ago, still have our singles profile, but seldom meet off them now xxx"

We agreed to get rid of the single profiles when we "officially" got together and would prefer r meet together now and not alone X

bristol

"Please don't get too caught up... Mr online Prince Charming can be Mr. Frog when you meet face to face.

Good luck

This "

and visa versa

Online it is very easy to portray yourself in any way you wish,from behind the keyboard we can all be whoever we want to be.

The only way to really get to know someone is,,,,to get to know them,,in person.

Most 'things' on a site like this are just based on the physical,animal attraction,,,if you feel that deeper feelings are developing then I would suggest approaching things in the same way you would approach any date.

Meet,somewhere you feel safe and comfortable,let someone know where you are going,what time to expect you back etc,,,have no expectations,no agenda except to chat,have a drink,a few laughs,a dance maybe and hopefully enjoy things and it all gets better and better.

My cautious suggestion,however,would be not to let yourself feel that you have feelings for an internet acquaintance,,not yet anyway.Wait until that online friend becomes a real life friend, until you really know how you feel.

Hope it all goes well for you.

X

Help!

Good luck, I truly hope you both find what's best for you but please don't make yourself vulnerable.

Thankyou I'm trying my best to hold them in till the meet we will see "

Holy crap

You've only just joined this SWINGING site and the first guy you meet it might be love before you've even met him?

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

By *eeeee7Woman  over a year ago

over yonder

Help!

Holy crap

You've only just joined this SWINGING site and the first guy you meet it might be love before you've even met him?

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

"

lincolnshire

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

"

Omg seriously

1. I was on a couples site before using another profile so I know what it's about.

2. I never said I was in 'love' at all I was asking if anyone had caught feelings before?!

3. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't bother

He's in the RAF , lives two hours away , you've chatted online for a week , he cancelled a meet today because of work , he's met others and you e been here for a week .

And you don't want to meet others because you've fallen for him ?

What could possibly go wrong .... ?

I know you're new to this and still very young , but please wise up and realise why people are on a swinging site .

Of course it's possible to find that perfect match on here , but not before meeting a few times !

Chill , think about what the site is about , and enjoy yourself .

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

Omg seriously

1. I was on a couples site before using another profile so I know what it's about.

2. I never said I was in 'love' at all I was asking if anyone had caught feelings before?!

3. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't bother "

It's your journey hunni, just enjoy the experience

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

Omg seriously

3. If you've got nothing constructive to say then don't bother "

That was probably the most constructive message so far on the thread .

Just because it may not have been what you wanted to read , doesn't make it less constructive .

We met as singles on fab over 3 years ago, moved in together nearly 3 years ago, still have our singles profile, but seldom meet off them now xxx

We agreed to get rid of the single profiles when we "officially" got together and would prefer r meet together now and not alone X "

Should have added our single meets have been socials x

lincolnshire

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

Omg seriously

Just because it may not have been what you wanted to read , doesn't make it less constructive .

"

How is that constructive? Basically taking the piss out of what I asked is constructive?

I met my now exclusive playmate on here....had been meeting him, and others for a very short while n started loosing interest in the rest so stopped playing n now we see eachother only...we aren't actually a couple but as close as dammit without the label...he says we are best friends with benefits lol

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

Omg seriously

How is that constructive? Basically taking the piss out of what I asked is constructive?"

It wasn't taking the piss , it was an honest appraisal .

Those on the thread who found each other on here and made a happy relationship together are considerably older than you - check out their ages .

They will have a lot more experience of life , and Rachel was simply saying that your situation is very likely to leave you being hurt .

Her post is a reality check .

Help!

Holy crap

STANDBY TO GET BURNT!

Omg seriously

How is that constructive? Basically taking the piss out of what I asked is constructive?"

uve stated ur holding in the feelings you have developed for a guy you havent met and wont meet others so what was stated is constructive as it seems you have fell for a guy u have never met so ok then go get burnt and get your heart broke because if he still is meeting others while ur waiting you WILL get burnt

By *eanut Butter CupWoman  over a year ago

B & M Bargains

"Try not to get your hopes up too much. Messaging is very different to meeting in person. I have not always got on as well face to face with someone as i have through messaging. Also beware that people can pretend they are whoever they want to be online. Don't want to shit on your parade but also don't want you heartbroken if it doesn't work out xx"

chatting to someone online is nothing like falling for someone in the real world. I had the worlds worst date off POF years back with someone who I thought I really clicked with in messages. And we had spent a couple of months chatting before meeting!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I'm quite good at compartmentalising - I have physical sexual feelings or sensations but nothing cerebral or falling in love or whatever.

there's been a few guys on here i've had feelings for. they seemed like nice guys and i enjoyed meeting them so bound to feel something.

i did nothing about it. unless they express they want to take things further, or you feel like you want to, then there's nothing to be said really.

one guy we did consider a relationship but i found out he was already in one and guys/liars like that aren't for me.

Seriously OP you have been here a week, haven't even met the guy and have a status about feelings. You do realise this is a swingers site?? Look forward to seeing your .....'He broke my heart thread next week.'

I'd be made up if I met someone off here!

"I'd be made up if I met someone off here! "

Me too! but messages on here are just words that mean nothing ...... I'm very cynical, unless I've met them and get to know them.

Please don't think I was taking the piss.

I was shocked to see in a matter of days of joining the site you're saying you're holding back feelings for a guy you've swapped messages with.

You've had to wait the seven days since joining to post on the forums and here it is.

This is a swinging site.

Most single guys on here struggle to get meets and many will say whatever you need them to say to get you to meet them.

As said by other posters; reality check.

I stand by what. I said; you will get burnt this way.

Help!

Good luck, I truly hope you both find what's best for you but please don't make yourself vulnerable. "

Wise wise words....

I had two friends on here who developed feelings beyond what was expected on a site like this. It happens because we met regularly.... (I'm very much not a many user type). Both found it very hard if/when I met someone else. Both have actually left the site as a result. We still keep in touch as we became good friends through our times together. One has now met a partner through vanilla meet.

Hope though it works out.

Help!

"

Yes... both me and Mrs have feelings for our friends, just like we have feelings for our nilla friends too... but won't ever stop us loving each other

By *thwalescplCouple  over a year ago

brecon

I'm in two minds about this...

The "Disney" half of me wants this to end well, with singing squirrels, deer that do the washing and all the tinsel...you get the idea.

The more rational, cynical half of me is sure he knows how this will end... and in a word, its "badly".

You've been on here a week (dear god, a whole 7 days?) and you've fallen for some guy who you haven't yet met due to his "work"... (I think its more to do with another 4 letter word that starts with "W"... and ends in "ife").

Truth is, any guy who has a cutie like you gagging to meet him and shower him in love-juices, who hasn't already moved heaven and earth to do so, has other demands on his time... (if you substitute "time" with another 4 letter.... what, I already did that gag? Oh...)

Seriously?

My advice.... stop watching Disney films, and (altogether now) "Let it go, let it go"... you know the rest!!

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

[Removed by poster at 14/07/16 23:21:03]

By *eady and Willing 9Man  over a year ago

Wherever the party is @

Help!

"

In one word. Chilax

Myself and my ex met through fab, i wasn't looking for anything other than a fwb's at the time...and we met for a social, then had a "date" and he fell for me straight away - although it took.me a bit longer but we did the "dating" thing...and lasted a year...

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

I'd be surprised if I thought I had feelings for someone I'd not even met yet.

I did go out with someone from here for 18 months but I realised it wasn't going anywhere so ended it.

I think this may be a mistake people make, invest too much in a person they hardly know. I never have any expectations and I'm never disappointed

I think it's only natural that feelings can accompany sexual intimacy! I have become very fond of a few folk on here but in all honesty never fell in love with them...

I did however fall in lust with quite a few!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'd be surprised if I thought I had feelings for someone I'd not even met yet.

I did go out with someone from here for 18 months but I realised it wasn't going anywhere so ended it.

I think this may be a mistake people make, invest too much in a person they hardly know. I never have any expectations and I'm never disappointed "

Yep

» Add a new message to this topic