FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Winking!!

Winking!!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm not sure whether to write this as a question or as advice...

I want to ask the question why, as I cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind winking at someone when you don't have a face pic on your profile??!!! Or worse yet, your profile is hidden!! How is it even possible to wink without the other person being able to see your eyes... (Rhetorical..). It's like winking at them with a bag on your head, and expecting a response! why would you do that???!!!

I understand it may be used to indicate an interest shown, and as an invite to look at your profile, but if there's nothing on there to see when we do look, it's a complete waste of time!

So maybe this should be advice: please, don't waste your time or theirs by winking if you have no face on show! It maybe just me, in which case this is aimed just at those considering winking at me with no face pics on show YOU WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE OF ANY KIND! But if it's something that also bothers other people maybe it's good advice for many? Thoughts?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It works for me sometimes. I really struggle to think what to write in a massage so I wink and sometimes I get a wink back then I take my time writing a decent massage.

"I'm not sure whether to write this as a question or as advice...

I want to ask the question why, as I cannot for the life of me understand the logic behind winking at someone when you don't have a face pic on your profile??!!! Or worse yet, your profile is hidden!! How is it even possible to wink without the other person being able to see your eyes... (Rhetorical..). It's like winking at them with a bag on your head, and expecting a response! why would you do that???!!!

I understand it may be used to indicate an interest shown, and as an invite to look at your profile, but if there's nothing on there to see when we do look, it's a complete waste of time!

So maybe this should be advice: please, don't waste your time or theirs by winking if you have no face on show! It maybe just me, in which case this is aimed just at those considering winking at me with no face pics on show YOU WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE OF ANY KIND! But if it's something that also bothers other people maybe it's good advice for many? Thoughts? "

Totally understand what you are saying and at looking at it from your point of view we can definitely see where you are coming from. However, speaking as a couple of "winkers" our only response would be "what's the harm?"

xx

I think a wink on here is to signify your are interested in said person

People can use it if to shy to message/ ran out of messages ect

I'd agree, but of course winking is great..can I wank at you op

note deliberate spelling mistake.

We wink to show that we like the profile. After that it's up to the receiver what they want to do. Winkings a great option.

"We wink to show that we like the profile. After that it's up to the receiver what they want to do. Winkings a great option."

That about sums it up without over analysing it

I delete most winks, but occasionally, very occasionally there might be so,some who catches my eye and I respond, but generally I like to be the one searching ...... Not that I'm very successful right now....... In fact do Amazon sell nuns habits ?

"It works for me sometimes. I really struggle to think what to write in a massage so I wink and sometimes I get a wink back then I take my time writing a decent massage. "

I notice it hasn't got you any meets though... Maybe a message with a face pic would be more productive? Just a thought lol

By *iscean MaleMan  over a year ago

Darlaston

Agree.. sometime i (dont know how other single guys feel) one gets a bit fedup sending polite opening messages and getting no response so its easier sometimes to wink. If there is interest a wink comes back and conversations can start. If no wink back, taken as a no interest.

Sometimes a profile may not have a picture but the profile description may have caught ones eye. I have winked at picturless profiles because i liked the name, location, text on their profile.

By *ony5Man  over a year ago

somewhere

"We wink to show that we like the profile. After that it's up to the receiver what they want to do. Winkings a great option.

That about sums it up without over analysing it "

I will second that. I also use winks for saying thanks for looking at my profile.

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

Did anyone read the op ?

If you wink with no profile or pic...it's like tapping someone on the shoulder and then hiding.

Their attention is gained but they are none the wiser. And pissed off , I would imagine

By *onnie and JohnCouple  over a year ago

WILTSHIRE

Hi if the wink comes from a single man, the delete button .

. if its from a couple we will read their profile and respond .

don't have to worry about single females as we yet to get a wink from one, normally receive a message.

its just a tool we find is not for us, ..lol.. Connie x

"

Totally understand what you are saying and at looking at it from your point of view we can definitely see where you are coming from. However, speaking as a couple of "winkers" our only response would be "what's the harm?"

xx "

Maybe it's different for couples? X

"I think a wink on here is to signify your are interested in said person

People can use it if to shy to message/ ran out of messages ect

"

Ahh didn't know about the message limit?!

"I'd agree, but of course winking is great..can I wank at you op

note deliberate spelling mistake. "

Knock yourself out Hun

"I'd agree, but of course winking is great..can I wank at you op

note deliberate spelling mistake.

Knock yourself out Hun "

".... If there is interest a wink comes back and conversations can start. If no wink back, taken as a no interest....

"

That's exactly my point, maybe it wouldn't be no interest if they could see your face!!

"Did anyone read the op ?

If you wink with no profile or pic...it's like tapping someone on the shoulder and then hiding.

Their attention is gained but they are none the wiser. And pissed off , I would imagine "

Thank you!!

Nice profile OP

Sorry just had to say

By *estmidscoupleCouple  over a year ago

West Midlands

not fussed with winks really so tend to bulk delete every few days.

By *rivate lashesCouple  over a year ago

isleworth

"I'm not sure whether to write this as a question or as advice...

So maybe this should be advice: please, don't waste your time or theirs by winking if you have no face on show! It maybe just me, in which case this is aimed just at those considering winking at me with no face pics on show YOU WILL NOT GET A RESPONSE OF ANY KIND! But if it's something that also bothers other people maybe it's good advice for many? Thoughts? "

We get winks like these.

Also friend requests at same time.

We just don't get it!!

By *ub_leitrim_guyMan  over a year ago

Out in the sticks

People wink and it is supposed to mean they like your profile... I wink back, then never hear from them again!

So either they have nothing to say or they are scared to just send a message!!

So what is the point of Winking in first place?

"Nice profile OP

Sorry just had to say "

Haha thanks Hun, likewise!

"People wink and it is supposed to mean they like your profile... I wink back, then never hear from them again!

So either they have nothing to say or they are scared to just send a message!!

So what is the point of Winking in first place?"

We get this too , we have received winks in the past and we then have sent a message basically saying thanks for the wink etc only for the message to be deleted and us blocked , nowt as queer as folk

"We get winks like these.

Also friend requests at same time.

We just don't get it!! "

Yep! Me either! Total waste of time x

isleworth

"We get this too , we have received winks in the past and we then have sent a message basically saying thanks for the wink etc only for the message to be deleted and us blocked , nowt as queer as folk "

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

Sorry OP but we disagree.

We wink and our face pics are private. If the ensuing convo is promising then we show face pics. We work with the public and have no wish to show our faces to the world as swingers but are happy to do so with interested couples.

L2

isleworth

"

Yep! Me either! Total waste of time x"

Another reason we love the block button

By *obwantsfunMan  over a year ago

STROUD

Different folks, different strokes but lots of well written messages to appropriate people with right criteria go unread, so as us men have to do the searching sometimes a wink just signifies an interest, then if a lady looks a proper message can be sent. The site could really do with a 'not interested' button, as if I pass a profile that says 'no married' (which I am) I do not want it to come up in a search again !

isleworth

"Sorry OP but we disagree.

We wink and our face pics are private. If the ensuing convo is promising then we show face pics. We work with the public and have no wish to show our faces to the world as swingers but are happy to do so with interested couples.

L2"

Totally understand and have no issue with privacy concerns.

we are talking about no pictures at all on profile. Either public or private.

L2"

Like I said earlier, maybe it's different for couples... But surely you'd get more promising g convos if they knew who was winking at them

And that's another thing I don't get, only swingers would see you on here so why would it matter?! But that's for another thread lol

" The site could really do with a 'not interested' button, as if I pass a profile that says 'no married' (which I am) I do not want it to come up in a search again ! "

Agreed!

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

The common response to gents who pose conundrums such as this is "suck it up". I would never be as blunt but really is it that tiresome that it needs analysing?

By *obwantsfunMan  over a year ago

STROUD

OP is right about some form of photo, after all why are we here, but I keep the face when contact is made just so I can make a judgement about who sees it, after all do not want to scare everyone at once.

L2

Like I said earlier, maybe it's different for couples... But surely you'd get more promising g convos if they knew who was winking at them

And that's another thing I don't get, only swingers would see you on here so why would it matter?! But that's for another thread lol "

I dont think face pics are the issue, but a profile with pics help if someone winks..

ooh OP...are you sure you know much about pic stealing,the press etc etc?...

By *he Queen of TartsWoman  over a year ago
Forum Mod

My Own Little World

An accidental wink maybe?

There is no 'are you sure' button on the desktop site and have sent a few accidental winks as the screen jumps on my tablet.

But then I never look at winks or even delete them, they just sit there, lonely and ignored.

"

I dont think face pics are the issue, but a profile with pics help if someone winks..

ooh OP...are you sure you know much about pic stealing,the press etc etc?... "

really?! Umm... No lol... Oh fair enough then if that happens... D'oh!

"An accidental wink maybe?

There is no 'are you sure' button on the desktop site and have sent a few accidental winks as the screen jumps on my tablet.

But then I never look at winks or even delete them, they just sit there, lonely and ignored."

Yeah sometimes fair enough but in general I mean x

By *a petite madameWoman  over a year ago

London / Essex

I appreciate there not being any face pics on display, but when there's none and or a profile that givens nothing away whatsoever ever, I don't understand how I can be expected to respond.

For the great part, I delete winks straight away as I find them an irritant.

"

ooh OP...are you sure you know much about pic stealing,the press etc etc?...

really?! Umm... No lol... Oh fair enough then if that happens... D'oh! "

lol

"

xx

Maybe it's different for couples? X"

Very true, I doubt we receive a fraction of the amount of winks you do therefore we have less to look at. Very fair comment X

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

"It works for me sometimes. I really struggle to think what to write in a massage so I wink and sometimes I get a wink back then I take my time writing a decent massage. "

I do like a decent massage

By *o new WinksMan  over a year ago

BSE

"It works for me sometimes. I really struggle to think what to write in a massage so I wink and sometimes I get a wink back then I take my time writing a decent massage.

I do like a decent massage "

Prefer indecent ones myself.

I tend to message someone, rather than wink if I match their criteria and they match mine. I will send a wink if I am a little unsure whether I would meet their criteria.

I have yet to wink or message anyone without photos of any description. So from that perspective I agree with the op.

As for friends requests, the only time I put one 'in' is if I have been chatting to someone for a while and I always ask before doing so. Which is probably why I have so few friends on here. With the odd exception the majority are people I have met.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I tend to message someone, rather than wink if I match their criteria and they match mine. I will send a wink if I am a little unsure whether I would meet their criteria.

I have yet to wink or message anyone without photos of any description. So from that perspective I agree with the op.

As for friends requests, the only time I put one 'in' is if I have been chatting to someone for a while and I always ask before doing so. Which is probably why I have so few friends on here. With the odd exception the majority are people I have met."

Oooo we're one of the odd exceptions you're not the first to describe us that way

"

Oooo we're one of the odd exceptions you're not the first to describe us that way "

You're definitely one of the exceptions. Whether you are odd or not, I wouldn't know, as we've never met.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"

Oooo we're one of the odd exceptions you're not the first to describe us that way

You're definitely one of the exceptions. Whether you are odd or not, I wouldn't know, as we've never met. "

I'm proud to say we're definitely odd

By *oxy_minxWoman  over a year ago

Scotland - Aberdeen

Winking at me, is a complete waste of time, as I never bloody look at them!

I receive more winks than messages, so would rather go through my messages and reply to them. It's time consuming doing that, let alone checking every profile that winks me, to see if I'm interested. Only time I know if someone has winked me, is from when I look at a profile and it says: "they winked you 10 months ago" lol.

But I get a lot of messages, that are also from people hiding, no pic with message and none on profile, so it gets deleted

Question is how many winks you got since you posted this ??? I just sent you one

Dam I'm too old too wink

"Question is how many winks you got since you posted this ??? I just sent you one "

Lol, not as many as usual

» Add a new message to this topic