FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > You're Fat!

You're Fat!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aeBabe OP   Woman  over a year ago

London

So I personally know I've struggled with my weight over many years I'm a UK dress size 14 / 16, or 12 on the bottom and 14 on top.

It wasn't till recently, when I joined fab, that I gained more confidence in myself and in my body. But I can never shake off my family's comments about me being fat. My Asian parents are the worse telling me I'm fat constantly and I'll never get married because I won't attract anyone.

I do want to get fit and healthy for myself, not because they say I should in their time limit, but the moment I have a weak day I'm called a failure. I'm really frustrated with the whole situation.

I'm an Asian girl in a Western world with overbearing Asian parents, so I'm not sure anyone else would understand where I'm coming from...

What would you feel or do in my situation?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

if you can afford a personal trainer

good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I wish I was as 'fat' as you!

By *osieWoman  over a year ago

Wembley

"...

What would you feel or do in my situation? "

Loose weight

you're old enough to be able to deal with this. if you're still letting other people affect you so much that you abandon your goals, you'll just put the weight back on. sort your head out first.

"

No disrespect to your family, but they sound like the kind of people who need to be ignored . What gives them the right to critique you, are they all perfect? I suspect not.

You have one life, don't live it to other people's rules. You don't have to fit into a pigeon hole someone else thinks you should be in. f*+k them and be happy.

By *oxiAnneWoman  over a year ago

Not on a Hot Gin Roof :/

Can you not sit down with your parents and tell them how upset their comments are making you feel maybe with an Aunty that would be supportive?

"I wish I was as 'fat' as you! "
and me!

By *orkieLassCouple  over a year ago

York

Tell them to a sod off!

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

If your parents aren't happy with your weight?

Tell them to live with being unhappy.

If you're not happy with your weight?

You have the choice to act on your feelings.

The decision is yours - not theirs.

Good luck.

A

London

"you're old enough to be able to deal with this. if you're still letting other people affect you so much that you abandon your goals, you'll just put the weight back on. sort your head out first. "

Thanks for your comment. I haven't said anything about abandoning my goals. I'm losing the weight gradually in my own time and sometimes I have moments of weakness, but because I'm not losing as fast as they would like I'm branded a failure. I use to be a size 16/18... I'm asking what would you do in a situation that you believe you are in control of, but the people closest to you say it's not enough. That's the part that frustrates me.

Have they always highlighted "your" negatives?

By *ood at oralMan  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

Hi mae imo i wouldnt do anything your body looks amazing you certainly dont look fat xx

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

You don't look fat to me.. if you lose a few pounds all well and good but it's not worth beating yourself up over it

By *rof SalamanderMan  over a year ago

glasgow

Really helpful parents !# you look mighty fine girl. Xx

"you're old enough to be able to deal with this. if you're still letting other people affect you so much that you abandon your goals, you'll just put the weight back on. sort your head out first.

Thanks for your comment. I haven't said anything about abandoning my goals. I'm losing the weight gradually in my own time and sometimes I have moments of weakness, but because I'm not losing as fast as they would like I'm branded a failure. I use to be a size 16/18... I'm asking what would you do in a situation that you believe you are in control of, but the people closest to you say it's not enough. That's the part that frustrates me."

Your extremely hot, I'm sure many guys would agree. Me (m) have a mother who often comments I'm fat. It's not nice to hear especially from your family. I know it's easy to say but not so easy to do but try not let it get to you.

Lastly I know it doesn't help but I certainly wouldn't turn you down

London

"Have they always highlighted "your" negatives?"

Yes in almost everything. Compared to my younger sister who is a size 6/8, who is married, who's a doctor (I'm a nurse), etc... It's very hard for me to do something that will make them proud or happy.

You are not fat.

You've swinger I'm guessing you have many messages telling you how attractive you are and more complements than the negative ones you get from your family. Statistics speaks volumes. You may be a larger lady but I'm sure your family aren't so perfect either. What you should do is raise your two fingers to them and tell them I'll work out at the orgy your going to...Again

If you are comfortable with your weight then difficult as it is, I think the best thing to do is to try and not let their comments get to you.

If you do want to lose weight, for yourself, then go for it and don't feel like you've 'given in' to their comments.

By *orders2forUCouple  over a year ago

Hawick

We are using Rosemary Conelys books with not a little success. It's an eye opener when you start to actually measure your portions as to how easy it is to over eat.

We wish you all the very best.

J&P

xxx

You look lovely, great shape and no problems about your size - a long way from being fat! I would happily explore and honour your beautiful body

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Have they always highlighted "your" negatives?

Yes in almost everything. Compared to my younger sister who is a size 6/8, who is married, who's a doctor (I'm a nurse), etc... It's very hard for me to do something that will make them proud or happy. "

Then stop trying .

I know its easy for me to say that but if they wont be happy until you have achieved something that for you, at this time, is not achievable for your own sanity stop attempting to please them. You will undeniably fail and feel bad, however if you try to achieve and be happy with your goals rather than the ones they have set up for you will stand a chance of contentment.

Hope it works out for you

Oh and also size 12/14 is NOT fat

"So I personally know I've struggled with my weight over many years I'm a UK dress size 14 / 16, or 12 on the bottom and 14 on top.

It wasn't till recently, when I joined fab, that I gained more confidence in myself and in my body. But I can never shake off my family's comments about me being fat. My Asian parents are the worse telling me I'm fat constantly and I'll never get married because I won't attract anyone.

I do want to get fit and healthy for myself, not because they say I should in their time limit, but the moment I have a weak day I'm called a failure. I'm really frustrated with the whole situation.

I'm an Asian girl in a Western world with overbearing Asian parents, so I'm not sure anyone else would understand where I'm coming from...

If you plan your diet a bit (if it fits your macros is a good idea to research although sugars need to be worked a bit vs low gi carbs) then you don't need "weak days" heck large part of my diet is ice cream and biscuits.

If you want to lose weight lose it if you don't then don't.

Try to stick to 2 lb a week maximum weight loss though.

"So I personally know I've struggled with my weight over many years I'm a UK dress size 14 / 16, or 12 on the bottom and 14 on top.

Well sorry but we don't agree with your "family" we think you have a great figure, a healthy sexy size, not fat at all.

Yes in almost everything. Compared to my younger sister who is a size 6/8, who is married, who's a doctor (I'm a nurse), etc... It's very hard for me to do something that will make them proud or happy. "

Their behaviour sounds habitual. It sounds like you'll never win.

I know how it feels. The only thing you can change is you, ie your reaction. Learn to accept your qualities and frailties. Let negativity fly over your head.

Perhaps revel in the fact you're losing weight, the enthusiasm may be catching. Even if not, you be happy!

In time all insults will have less effect.

Tell them there s more to you then a size. Your a person who has feeling and they are fare from perfect if chatting like that to you. Your not a child so be true to who you are and live life for you not them only diet if thats what you wish to do don't do it for others do it for you and only you.

Stop worrying about what other people want/expect of you regarding your goals in life.

End of day; the only person who's opinion really matters is your own! If your goals are what you want, and you are heading in the direction that makes you happy; then why let others drag you down? Doesn't matter whether you are related or not!

Everyone has "weak" days. Rather than let others make you feel bad; why not look at the fact that you get back "onto the horse" after each weak day as a mini victory as you don't cave into the weakness!

And as others have already said, you look stunning and by no means fat!

By *ere-for-my-convenienceWoman  over a year ago

West Midlands

You're not fat

See a dietician

Then get her to talk to your parents

By *ingersoloWoman  over a year ago

Oldham

You look perfect hon. If your trying to lose weight do it for yourself and nobody else. And be proud of being a real woman. Xxx

By *L RogueMan  over a year ago

London

I hope you're losing weight for yourself and not your parents.

We are different shapes and sizes. The good and bad thing about Fabs is things that make us stand out either work for us or against us: Age, height, weight, race, social perception.

The most important thing here and in life is to love and understand yourself. It's a love no one in the world can give to you. Once you do that, the connections you have with people will be better and more enjoyable.

"You look lovely, great shape and no problems about your size - a long way from being fat! I would happily explore and honour your beautiful body"

Does this kind of overtly creeping approach actually work for you?

" And be proud of being a real woman. Xxx"

Because a woman under a size 14 isn't a real woman?

By *ina75Woman  over a year ago

Stone

On the days when you have a slip. think of a bunch of flowers, if one dies do you throw out the whole bunch?? No you discard the one dead flower and enjoy the rest. So have one bad day and then go back to doing what is right for you.

As long as your GP says you are a healthy size then you are fine and your parents aren't helping.

But talk to your parents, suggest to them that their negative attitude is not helpful and the best way they can help is by encouraging you when you have attained a goal. Xxx

"On the days when you have a slip. think of a bunch of flowers, if one dies do you throw out the whole bunch?? No you discard the one dead flower and enjoy the rest. So have one bad day and then go back to doing what is right for you.

As long as your GP says you are a healthy size then you are fine and your parents aren't helping.

But talk to your parents, suggest to them that their negative attitude is not helpful and the best way they can help is by encouraging you when you have attained a goal. Xxx"

I like that flower analogy

By *renchbambi xWoman  over a year ago

Need to know basis

The wind.does.not try to go.through the mountain, it.flows around it. If there is no pleasing them, stop.trying and instead focus.on what makes.you happy and.proud. And I am convinved there are many aspects of.your life you can ne.proud of.

By *hekaiserMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Hey...having looked at your pics-you are stunning!

parents can be harsh at times...but from one asian to another i know how you feel.

Chin up and shaking that booty x

Your feelings about yourself do not match up with the pictures were looking at on your profile,

We would honestly never thought of you as being fat from your pictures, there are many many over weight people on this site for lots and lots of reasons, YOUR NOT ONE OF THEM .

Now get out there and have some fun.

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Like many others, I think your look rather fantastic as you are, but I've also spent a lot of time round Asian families and the Asian community and have seen the pressure to have the perfect career/house/car/marriage/children- and quite often I've found the initial perception to be a bit of a facade.

You need to judge how to handle them yourself really, weight loss should never be rushed and a few pounds a week is more than enough, and yes, you will have weeks where it goes back on so look at the long term change. if your parents aren't willing to support your hard work in doing this round a full time job, then maybe it's time to tell them that they've failed you, so unless they're willing to stump up for a personal trainer and dietitian to help make you the 'perfect daughter' then their input is neither wanted or needed.

By *ouble CCouple  over a year ago

Gran Canaria

"I wish I was as 'fat' as you! and me!"

Me too!! Miss C. Xx

I used to be a very curvy 18/20 .but now I'm a size 12 bottom and very busty top ,men like curves not skin and bone ,show your curves of and be proud

By *ina75Woman  over a year ago

Stone

"On the days when you have a slip. think of a bunch of flowers, if one dies do you throw out the whole bunch?? No you discard the one dead flower and enjoy the rest. So have one bad day and then go back to doing what is right for you.

But talk to your parents, suggest to them that their negative attitude is not helpful and the best way they can help is by encouraging you when you have attained a goal. Xxx

I like that flower analogy "

can't claim it as mine. I did my time at Slimming world and it was the motivational phrase that helped me the most xx

tell them, the weight didn't go on overnight so it will take time to get it off... well done on loss so far and keep going!!

Sounds to me that it's your parents that are failing you. They are supposed to help and support you in all you do. Encourage and not criticise all the time. Tell them how they make you feel then go lose the weight at your own pace. I wish you good luck in all you do. P's. I think you look great !!!

"You look lovely, great shape and no problems about your size - a long way from being fat! I would happily explore and honour your beautiful body

Does this kind of overtly creeping approach actually work for you?"

giggidy

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

"If your parents aren't happy with your weight?

Tell them to live with being unhappy.

If you're not happy with your weight?

You have the choice to act on your feelings.

The decision is yours - not theirs.

Good luck.

A"

This, although I know it's easier said than done.

A parent's job is to be supportive of their child. If they're tearing you down on a daily basis, then they have problems. Those problems are not your problems.

Speak to them and explain how their comments make you feel and give them a chance to rectify their behaviour. If they don't care about the upset they are causing you, perhaps you need to distance yourself from them a bit.

You only have one life, don't waste it. And you certainly are not fat!

" And be proud of being a real woman. Xxx

Because a woman under a size 14 isn't a real woman?"

London

But talk to your parents, suggest to them that their negative attitude is not helpful and the best way they can help is by encouraging you when you have attained a goal. Xxx"

By *onyneMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

I guess I am not alone here in saying that you look fantastic in your photographs and certainly not overweight...These things can really be a bringdown though, so hope you are okay

London

Thanks for all your comments. It's just hard to filter negative energy from people you're so close to. Owwww life is so funny sometimes

looked through your pictures and i'm struggling to see how someone can say you are fat, your figure is perfectly fine so enjoy it and ignore the negative comments

As you get older you will realise your parents talk bollocks most of the time.

You look great.

Could do with a few extra dress sizes for my liking if I am honest.

Now go and make some lucky young guy's day by giving him half a chance to know you.

And stop worrying!

X

Just be "you" - you're unique! My sister has always been slim too. She's one of the people though that has never commented on my weight, as she knows I've always struggled with it. She hates her collar bones as she says they stick out - so we all are our own worst critics !

You don't sound overweight to me, size 12 /14 is not big! You've done great already to get down from a size 16/18. I've always found that pressure from others makes me want to eat more. So do what makes you happy rather than other people. Easier said than done , I know !

Selfish, twisted and old fashioned belief that being thin will attract a husband!

So you are not a success in their eyes until you're thin,married off and then it will be pressure to have babies.

Don't live your life for them.

You're a nurse! You know what healthy looks like.

Be kind to you.

IMHO women should have curves, curves make women womanly.

No one has the gift of critiquing you.

If you feel that tuning your body shape is necessary go for it. But it's your figure, your choice, your life.

Don't let others influence the way you want to live.

If you choose to change your shape eat healthy, little and often, and exercise. I'm a health coach so if you would like a few tips please feel free to PM me.

And as many here have said, you have a stunning and desireable figure.

id be 100% proud to have u either as a gf or fb ur a stunner

By *ee331Man  over a year ago

Wolverton

I wouldn't call you fat, I'd say you have curves in the right places and you look incredibly sexy.

If you really want to lose weight, I can recommend the couch to 5k running plan to get you running for exercise. You can download the audio files from the nhs website and once you get the running bug, there's no stopping.

I've lost 4 stone in 6 months just by eating smaller portions and s balanced diet and running regularly as I was in a similar situation to yourself.

If you were closer then I would be willing to help you plan meals and do exercise with you.

I think ops got a nice body !

Sod them. I've fabbed a couple of your pics. You've got a great figure and your very pretty. I'd happily get jiggy with you lol.

"Thanks for all your comments. It's just hard to filter negative energy from people you're so close to. Owwww life is so funny sometimes "

Google 'emotional abuse'. Look after yourself. Hugs xx

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"you're old enough to be able to deal with this. if you're still letting other people affect you so much that you abandon your goals, you'll just put the weight back on. sort your head out first.

Thanks for your comment. I haven't said anything about abandoning my goals. I'm losing the weight gradually in my own time and sometimes I have moments of weakness, but because I'm not losing as fast as they would like I'm branded a failure. I use to be a size 16/18... I'm asking what would you do in a situation that you believe you are in control of, but the people closest to you say it's not enough. That's the part that frustrates me."

My other half tried that and it can be frustrating if you let it. I simply said it took years to put the weight on and it'll take years to come off: if you can't be supportive I'd rather you not comment (highly sanitised version).

"Thanks for all your comments. It's just hard to filter negative energy from people you're so close to. Owwww life is so funny sometimes

Google 'emotional abuse'. Look after yourself. Hugs xx"

By *oward1978Man  over a year ago

Rotherham

You're not here to make your parents proud or happy. You need to do that for yourself. Do whatever you think YOU need to do to be happy.

For what it's worth you look great. Don't be too hard on yourself. There's enough people in this world who will try to beat you down without you doing it to yourself.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"

If you choose to change your shape eat healthy, little and often, and exercise. I'm a health coach so if you would like a few tips please feel free to PM me.

"

why can't you post the tips on the thread so everyone can benefit from them ?

"

why can't you post the tips on the thread so everyone can benefit from them ?"

He can't give his contact details on the forum.

I think people who are not first generation British do not realise the pressure of culture on first generation British. The additional culture is something you are brought up with from birth and permeates your dna to a large extent. It is not only a question of your parents ambitions at subconsious and conscious level they become your own ambitions that you believe you should be meeting. To fight against it would be cutting of from the support structures you have had all your life. The closer a person is to their family the harder it is ignore their comments.

There is no easy solution and parents dont always change as they think they are doing the best for you.

From what I have seen that when people realise they will never match their parents ambitions it leaves them free to get on with their life. Also as parents rarely change on certain issues people learn to blank these conversations out. Also if you meet people who had met their parents ambitions you find most were either not happy or @ssholes who you do not want to be anything like.

In terms of weight there is lot of advice out there but I would suggest any weight loss should be gradual and sustainable within your lifestyle and personality. But initially consuming less calories than you consume is basic but hard to do. Good luck.

By *ingersoloWoman  over a year ago

Oldham

" And be proud of being a real woman. Xxx

Because a woman under a size 14 isn't a real woman?"

My post was meaning she looks good and to be proud of her body no matter what size.

It definitely wasn't implying any criticism of women under size 14, especially considering I'm a size 10/12 myself. I mean we are not all supermodels. We are all real women who eat, bloat sometimes, have lumps bumps and spots.

(sorry for hijacking thread op) x

i looked at your profile and your pics look good, am also a sz 14/16 with much curves and i love them! got myself a personal trainer which i do twice a week for toning and started running myself outside as live in the lakes,lost 3 inches of waist and 7ilb down already,set your goals and move forward.

[Removed by poster at 19/04/15 23:11:16]

You look Fooking amazing to me. I love curvy women and that's not a euphemism for fat. You look perfect to me. It doesn't matter what others think only how you think of yourself. If you're happy then do nothing. If you're not happy do something about it xxx

By *rnice00Man  over a year ago

crawley

Dont worry its part of being asian parents say a lot dont taje it to heart you are beautiful and not everyone can be a dr or wants to be a dr. Everyone is beautiful in there own way

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

[Removed by poster at 21/04/15 07:25:31]

By *he Hobbit And MeCouple  over a year ago

southampton

Hi it`s the male part of the couple here...Sometimes it`s harder to lose weight when you have pressure to do it from people around you but you must only do it if it makes you feel comfortable! i was well over 18 st and had been for many years with no confidence but no one ridculed me because of it well maybe work colleagues but that was it and my wife always told me me she was happy with what ever size i was then it just clicked one day, i tried many diets but failed then i understood that a diet starts and has to stop so i did it myself. jan 2014 i was 18.7 st then june 2014 i was 13.3 st. I did not starve myself infact i was eating more than before but the correct foods. Just learn what your body needs and re-educate your mind about food... Anyone falling asleep yet?

So if i can do it anyone can but you must only do it for you and no one else!Take care and hope all works out

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

ive seen your pix wtf are you worried about ..u look super hot to me ..your parents are complete morons..ignore them

enjoy being who you are

By *LCCCouple  over a year ago

Cambridge

As others have said, you're Hot!

London

Thanks all

I'm back on the wagon. Doing it low carb and cutting unnecessary sugar out. I will admit that was one of the reasons I put weight back on () and not the light or diet stuff either.

Mum is still being a bother, happy that I'm not eating rice anymore, but still telling me to still lessen my already small portions. I just ignore her now and my sister chimed in and said leave her alone lol.

It's a struggle to be patient. Lol

"Thanks all

I'm back on the wagon. Doing it low carb and cutting unnecessary sugar out. I will admit that was one of the reasons I put weight back on () and not the light or diet stuff either.

Mum is still being a bother, happy that I'm not eating rice anymore, but still telling me to still lessen my already small portions. I just ignore her now and my sister chimed in and said leave her alone lol.

It's a struggle to be patient. Lol "

Coke zero is a god send for when you get cravings for something sweet.

Up your protien intake it will keep you feeling full so helps with will power.

Your body looks great curvy women are the best by miles don't change enjoy it x

By *ary_ArgyllMan  over a year ago

Argyll

I am sure you are feeling a lot of pressure from your parents but you need to really accept that this is unfair on you and develop a tougher skin. This doesn't mean you do not love or respect your parents but it is they who are being unreasonable. Unfortunately it sounds like they may find a string of 'failures' to point out, probably if you introduce a fiance or boyfriend he will turn out to be inadequate for them also. So accept that you cannot become the 'perfect daughter' and indeed it is impossible for anyone to attain this illusory perfection, love yourself for who you are and get on with living your own life.

I've lived about in a place with a huge pinoy collective. They don't see it as rude stating your fat. They don't realise it hurts.

your actually not fat ya just a touch overweight.

tell them it upsets you n to back off.

falling that just ignore them. Some of us see beauty a bit deeper and are not so shallow.

By *estLondonGuy49Man  over a year ago

Harrow Ealing Northolt Uxbridge London

I wonder whether this is really about weight at all. It seems to be more about independence, control, social status of having an "unmarriageable" daughter, sibling rivalry and parental expectations. All of those tensions get acted-out on the chosen battlefield....your weight.....but even if and when you get to a weight they consider ok, the battleground will shift to something else. Possibly your age and being single. Its almost funny that the one thing your parents would have the greatest problem accepting (your bisexual swinging) is the one area that you have complete control over. They know you are 'different' but dont really know why and you cant tell them! So you battle over your weight instead. See that for what it is and then decide.....dutiful daughter or beautiful woman?

And if I wasnt outside your age range we would have a great time together at the clubs I could take you to. Good luck.

Looking at your pictures your not fat your very sexy and got a great body.be proud of who you are and ignore all the rest.

Do what ever you feel you need to do for YOURSELF .no one else .you look fine to me and if your comfortable in your own skin then it doesn't matter .

By *iss_Samantha_LovecockTV/TS  over a year ago

bournmouth/poole/Blandford

"Thanks all

Coke zero is a god send for when you get cravings for something sweet."

its full of aspartame ..avoid !! have a banana or some something thats healthy

"Thanks all

It's a struggle to be patient. Lol "

Basically, you are not fat. Listen to advice yes, but as you are eating small portions already, I wouldnt change that. Good luck

You're not fat. I wish I had a figure like yours.

"Thanks all

Coke zero is a god send for when you get cravings for something sweet.

its full of aspartame ..avoid !! have a banana or some something thats healthy"

except out side of invitro studies or studies where they injected mice with literally thousands of times the yearly consumption of a human noone has ever found an issue with aspartame, and so help me god if you say it causes insulin spikes.

Beauty comes from within ....take stock of who you are and what you want to achieve...Live your own life sweetie x x x

By *etitesaraTV/TS  over a year ago

rochdale

Girl, you are stunning from what I can see.

From my own experience all I can say is please, please don't waste your time trying to live someone else's idea of a life. Your time here is short & should be grabbed with both hands, be the person YOU want to be for YOUR your reasons not for anybody else's .

You are beautiful, no matter what anyone says x

I personally think you look amazing what ever makes you happy go for it xx

By *ythenshawefredMan  over a year ago

stockport

I think maybe your Asian parents are struggling to pronounce I correctly and it's coming out as an A

Ok to control wieght is not hard, its self discipline from the start. If you can control your calorie intake by cutting sugers, salt and fats then you have begun the battle. I was a profesional body builder weighing 27stone and when I stopped training muscle was turning to fat so with my trainer we came up with a plan on calorie intake and cardio exercise so in 8 months I lost 10 stone. I would advise if you are serious to lose weight check with your gp you dont have any underlying medical conditions if not then see a profesional trainer for help. Also slimming world is good as it teaches how to cook food healthier.

» Add a new message to this topic