FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Hypocrisy!

Hypocrisy!

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *aymisHawk OP   Man  over a year ago

Plymouth

Sorry I think I just need a bit of a rant here. I'm a pretty down to earth kind of guy, always speak in complete sentences and am polite. Why is it then that some women on here, say that's what they are looking for, yet reject/delete my messages without even the courtesy of a "no thank you" or claim to be interested then when a caveman with a six pack comes along they seem to misplace the principles they claim to uphold. Why profess to want to meet someone with a particular attitude and outlook yet can never be bothered to reciprocate. Manners cost nothing!

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

"Sorry I think I just need a bit of a rant here. I'm a pretty down to earth kind of guy, always speak in complete sentences and am polite. Why is it then that some women on here, say that's what they are looking for, yet reject/delete my messages without even the courtesy of a "no thank you" or claim to be interested then when a caveman with a six pack comes along they seem to misplace the principles they claim to uphold. Why profess to want to meet someone with a particular attitude and outlook yet can never be bothered to reciprocate. Manners cost nothing!"

Because they are inundated with messages every single day and don't have time to reply to them all?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe your profile confuses the hell out of them? It did for me....a straight guy wearing a frock in some of his pics, with as many verifications from TVs and men as there are from women.

I don't judge...but maybe some of those you message do?

oh deary me

"Maybe your profile confuses the hell out of them? It did for me....a straight guy wearing a frock in some of his pics, with as many verifications from TVs and men as there are from women.

I don't judge...but maybe some of those you message do?"

Must be reading different profile cos I wasn't confused at all.

Plymouth

They were pictures taken at a social fancy dress birthday party and it says that on my profile. Most of the verifications are from people I've met at the socials as well.

"Sorry I think I just need a bit of a rant here. I'm a pretty down to earth kind of guy, always speak in complete sentences and am polite. Why is it then that some women on here, say that's what they are looking for, yet reject/delete my messages without even the courtesy of a "no thank you" or claim to be interested then when a caveman with a six pack comes along they seem to misplace the principles they claim to uphold. Why profess to want to meet someone with a particular attitude and outlook yet can never be bothered to reciprocate. Manners cost nothing!"

All because you match the mental side of what someone is looking for does not mean you match the pysical side

I'm a word they may not fancy you

"They were pictures taken at a social fancy dress birthday party and it says that on my profile. Most of the verifications are from people I've met at the socials as well."

Yep that's what I saw. You looked great in frock

By *issy NickersWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

No one is obliged to reply or interact on here - I only reply if I want to. If you don't like it then this site or swinging is not for you....

Plymouth

I understand that, and don't begrudge anyone their taste in the opposite sex, but sometimes it comes out of the blue as a complete u-turn.

By *eneral HysteriaMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

"No one is obliged to reply or interact on here - I only reply if I want to. If you don't like it then this site or swinging is not for you...."

This

Plymouth

"No one is obliged to reply or interact on here - I only reply if I want to. If you don't like it then this site or swinging is not for you...."

O I know that, but it's not like I'm mailing everyone expecting a hit, if you get what I mean. I read the profiles (though alot of people don't it seems) and I take on board what they say etc etc. If there's no common ground from the get go there isn't any point obviously and I know a fair few swingers on this site who agree with me. Sometimes it seems people expect you to be a mind reader and that's half the problem. People aren't willing to even engage in the first place.

Plymouth

"They were pictures taken at a social fancy dress birthday party and it says that on my profile. Most of the verifications are from people I've met at the socials as well.

Yep that's what I saw. You looked great in frock "

Why thank you x

By *4nc3rCouple  over a year ago

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

How many times a day do people say "because they get bombarded and don't have time to reply to everyone" as if that's always the reason, or good enough at all.

The point is, as poster said, manners cost nothing and if a person actually takes time to read a profile and write a proper message I personally think to just ignore it completely is the cowardly way.

No one is forced to reply to or acknowledge anyone - doesn't make them any less rude. If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society....

Plymouth

"How many times a day do people say "because they get bombarded and don't have time to reply to everyone" as if that's always the reason, or good enough at all.

The point is, as poster said, manners cost nothing and if a person actually takes time to read a profile and write a proper message I personally think to just ignore it completely is the cowardly way.

No one is forced to reply to or acknowledge anyone - doesn't make them any less rude. If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society.... "

Thank you at least someone seems to know where I am coming from. Though in fairness you said it in better way than what I did originally.

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

"How many times a day do people say "because they get bombarded and don't have time to reply to everyone" as if that's always the reason, or good enough at all.

No one is forced to reply to or acknowledge anyone - doesn't make them any less rude. If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society.... "

I didn't say it's always the reason. I put that forward as one reason why they might

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

No one is forced to reply to or acknowledge anyone - doesn't make them any less rude. If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society....

Thank you at least someone seems to know where I am coming from. Though in fairness you said it in better way than what I did originally."

Haha that's probably just because I'm in a "pissed at the world" ranty mood right now I could argue till I'm blue in the face lol .

Plymouth

Thank you at least someone seems to know where I am coming from. Though in fairness you said it in better way than what I did originally.

Haha that's probably just because I'm in a "pissed at the world" ranty mood right now I could argue till I'm blue in the face lol ."

Sometimes it is needed

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

I didn't say it's always the reason. I put that forward as one reason why they might"

Oh I didn't mean just you, it's just such a boring argument in general.

For every single guy moaning about being ignored, there's always multiple people to immediately blame the way the site is, the guys level of effort or the fact that the ladies in question are just too popular.

Whilst all of those things can be and are true usually, some people are also just generally rude and as the post is about, hypocritical in saying they want someone to make an effort, but yet cannot reciprocate even by politely saying no Thankyou.

If you read the Site Rules..FAQ's

It does set out the do's and donts of Messaging, Why people think that not replying is rude is beyond me, do you reply to every Email you receive in your Hotmail/Google account, Do you reply to every request for a new Credit card/Double Glazing quote that falls through your letter box.

a sense of entitlement is not a pretty sight.

Gimp

By *ost SockMan  over a year ago

West Wales and Cardiff

My female friend showed me her account a while back.

She'd had 32 messages, 28 of which she had no intention of following up. That was a pretty average day.

Would you copy and paste "sorry, but not interested" 28 times and click send?

Thought not

I ignore loads of messages,way too many to reply and even when I have replyed no thanks to some often guys get abusive,,so now just delete if not interested

"I ignore loads of messages,way too many to reply and even when I have replyed no thanks to some often guys get abusive,,so now just delete if not interested"

And i thought it was just me you was ignoring...BIAAAATCH

Gimp

Plymouth

"If you read the Site Rules..FAQ's

It does set out the do's and donts of Messaging, Why people think that not replying is rude is beyond me, do you reply to every Email you receive in your Hotmail/Google account, Do you reply to every request for a new Credit card/Double Glazing quote that falls through your letter box.

Gimp"

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. When people claim they want an effort to be made on their behalf to capture there interest, even if it is a no-thank you any sort of acknowledgement that an effort was made is only polite. Those people would be annoyed if it happened to them and I know it does because the statuses of such people that pop up on the browser just proves my point.

Gimp

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. When people claim they want an effort to be made on their behalf to capture there interest, even if it is a no-thank you any sort of acknowledgement that an effort was made is only polite. Those people would be annoyed if it happened to them and I know it does because the statuses of such people that pop up on the browser just proves my point."

does,nt bother me

Gimp

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. When people claim they want an effort to be made on their behalf to capture there interest, even if it is a no-thank you any sort of acknowledgement that an effort was made is only polite. Those people would be annoyed if it happened to them and I know it does because the statuses of such people that pop up on the browser just proves my point."

But entitlement has everything to do with it, They think its rude not to reply They think that people are ignorant not to reply..Sorry but it is the way the site works and ok delicate feelings may be hurt but i know i would prefer silence to..Sorry your too old/Ugly/small dick/Wanker.

Gimp

Plymouth

Gimp

Entitlement has nothing to do with it. When people claim they want an effort to be made on their behalf to capture there interest, even if it is a no-thank you any sort of acknowledgement that an effort was made is only polite. Those people would be annoyed if it happened to them and I know it does because the statuses of such people that pop up on the browser just proves my point.

But entitlement has everything to do with it, They think its rude not to reply They think that people are ignorant not to reply..Sorry but it is the way the site works and ok delicate feelings may be hurt but i know i would prefer silence to..Sorry your too old/Ugly/small dick/Wanker.

Gimp"

The truth hurts but honesty is always the best policy. Yes ok people might not want to hurt the feelings of others but it occurs anyway and they come off seeming either snotty, or like the post was originally about - hypocritical, which is never a good thing to be or even appear to be.

Gimp

Gimp

The truth hurts but honesty is always the best policy. Yes ok people might not want to hurt the feelings of others but it occurs anyway and they come off seeming either snotty, or like the post was originally about - hypocritical, which is never a good thing to be or even appear to be."

But its not Hypocritical its how things are done..I find those that think they are special so deserve special treatment Hypocritical.

there are enough posts on this subject if you do a search.

Gimp

oh get a room you guys

"oh get a room you guys "

Shush you im in here

Gimp

Plymouth

Gimp

Gimp

The truth hurts but honesty is always the best policy. Yes ok people might not want to hurt the feelings of others but it occurs anyway and they come off seeming either snotty, or like the post was originally about - hypocritical, which is never a good thing to be or even appear to be.

But its not Hypocritical its how things are done..I find those that think they are special so deserve special treatment Hypocritical.

there are enough posts on this subject if you do a search.

Gimp"

Sorry but I think you need to learn what hypocritical means Do as I say not as I do is hypocritical. I'm not saying anyone is or isn't special all I'm saying is if you ask for common decency you should show it in return.

"oh get a room you guys

Shush you im in here

Gimp"

oooh oops sorry,,,now remember your training

If you don't like leave everyone has a choice simple really

Plymouth

"If you don't like leave everyone has a choice simple really "

Think you missed the point, but never mind, each to their own

"If you don't like leave everyone has a choice simple really

Think you missed the point, but never mind, each to their own "

Nope it's you missing the point we all have a choice you won't enjoy the site with your standpoint even admin say that

...and they insist you send a face pic when they have no pics on their profile......

"...and they insist you send a face pic when they have no pics on their profile......"

Who creates that ? Desperate men messaging women with no pics lol

"...and they insist you send a face pic when they have no pics on their profile......

Who creates that ? Desperate men messaging women with no pics lol "

even when it clearly states no pic no reply

OP I think your right! These women should spend their full day reading and replying to every message! So rude not to reply

Now where did I place my big wooden spoon hahahahahahaha

"OP I think your right! These women should spend their full day reading and replying to every message! So rude not to reply

Now where did I place my big wooden spoon hahahahahahaha "

not sure where you put the spoon want some help finding it lol

"OP I think your right! These women should spend their full day reading and replying to every message! So rude not to reply

Now where did I place my big wooden spoon hahahahahahaha "

Aww but I like being a stuck up bitch actually i revel in it

Aww but I like being a stuck up bitch actually i revel in it "

Well tough! Look what your doing to the poor boy! He's now developing a complex lol

Aww but I like being a stuck up bitch actually i revel in it

Well tough! Look what your doing to the poor boy! He's now developing a complex lol "

Good

Never ever proclaimed i was nice or had manners! I like being an evil nasty bitch at times.. Thats totally my dom side haha

By *elkel1979Woman  over a year ago

Cumbria

Well i dont always reply with a no thanks as often i get replies like fuck you you jumped up bitch or why you say no? So i dont reply very often x

"Well i dont always reply with a no thanks as often i get replies like fuck you you jumped up bitch or why you say no? So i dont reply very often x"

I ve a lot of that tbh and other abuse but hardened up to it lots of good advice on here as well

By *elkel1979Woman  over a year ago

Cumbria

Yeah it doesnt bother me either it just makes me think thank god i did not meet him x

Gimp

They don't want to enter into dialogue with someone they're not interested in...why waste time doing that when you could spend it talking to someone you are interested in...If you'd rather have an inbox full of rejection messages...

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I know a guy in Penge with a six pack like Van Damme.

Read the FAQs!

As for your status - it's a civil debate.

I personally couldn't give a toss if men think I'm rude for not responding, it's absolutely their problem

"No one is obliged to reply or interact on here - I only reply if I want to. If you don't like it then this site or swinging is not for you....

O I know that, but it's not like I'm mailing everyone expecting a hit, if you get what I mean. I read the profiles (though alot of people don't it seems) and I take on board what they say etc etc. If there's no common ground from the get go there isn't any point obviously and I know a fair few swingers on this site who agree with me. Sometimes it seems people expect you to be a mind reader and that's half the problem. People aren't willing to even engage in the first place."

I agree with you.

Think of it as a lucky escape. No-one wants to meet big headed egotistical morons.

"I know a guy in Penge with a six pack like Van Damme."

lmao

Think FAQs will disagree with you.

Junk mail through your door, might be well thought out letter or advertising campaign, do you reply back to those?

When all is said and done, no one is owed a reply on this site whether it's a thought out message or not

Junk mail through your door, might be well thought out letter or advertising campaign, do you reply back to those?

When all is said and done, no one is owed a reply on this site whether it's a thought out message or not

If the site FAQ's said 'jump off a cliff' there would be a load of people jumping......

just accept the fact that you're not everyone's cup of tea, some folk won't reply however nice you or your messages are, don't rely on a swinging site to help your self esteem or provide you with a social life, and concentrate on things you can change to improve your own experience and don't stress about those you can't and you won't go far wrong

I don't think it's hypocritical.

My preferences on my profile are fairly loose - be tall, male and not a total idiot. I haven't replied to all 366 unread messages I've got because I let them build up for a while. I looked at all of their profiles, and yes while some are intelligent and tall, I just didn't fancy them. There will be just as many men where I 'fit' their criteria who don't fancy me and therefore don't message me.

I just don't understand when people say they would rather have a barrage of 'sorry don't fancy you' messages than a barrage of deletions. Maybe it means the responder is more of a nice person than the deleter....but neither of them want to meet you so the end result is the same.

P.s. you've really undone all your 'effort' and reasoned arguments on here with your ranty status, that's a huge turn off, especially to anyone who hasn't read this thread.

By *ngel_38Woman  over a year ago

Staffs

Us women are so fickle

Chucking insults at people in the forums because they don't agree?

Clacton-On-Sea, Essex

When all is said and done, no one is owed a reply on this site whether it's a thought out message or not "

But I didn't put a sign up on my door inviting people to send me junk mail, specifically telling them that I demand more thought out personal advertising whilst having no intention to read it.....

Think that is the point everyone is missing.

It is not just that people are ignoring the OP.

It is these people that demand effort from others, but cannot reciprocate when it is handed to them...

By *at-cWoman  over a year ago

Ballyshannon

You're just not what they are looking for. If non-response is so annoying then don't mail people, sit there and wait for the people who do have an interest to contact you.

The complaints of non-response to unsolicited mail are so old now, it is a sense of entitlement to tell people how you want them to spend their time on site i.e. respond to your email. You choose to put an effort in,you hope to reap a benefit from it, those you mail have no say in your decision to do this just like you have no say in their decision not to respond.

It's so tiresome to have others dictate what is 'common courtesy' and blanket declare all non-respondents to be the failing of society. Yes we have profiles set up to attract interest and yes we are advertising ourselves as such. But we are under no obligation to molly coddle total strangers. Yes if we emailed a profile saying we were interested then, as a result of communiaction either emails or photos, decided we weren't interested, at that point because we instigated contact you are entitled to the courtesy of a 'sorry you're not for me'.

But I didn't put a sign up on my door inviting people to send me junk mail, specifically telling them that I demand more thought out personal advertising whilst having no intention to read it.....

Think that is the point everyone is missing.

It is not just that people are ignoring the OP.

It is these people that demand effort from others, but cannot reciprocate when it is handed to them..."

"You're just not what they are looking for. If non-response is so annoying then don't mail people, sit there and wait for the people who do have an interest to contact you.

The complaints of non-response to unsolicited mail are so old now, it is a sense of entitlement to tell people how you want them to spend their time on site i.e. respond to your email. You choose to put an effort in,you hope to reap a benefit from it, those you mail have no say in your decision to do this just like you have no say in their decision not to respond.

It's so tiresome to have others dictate what is 'common courtesy' and blanket declare all non-respondents to be the failing of society. Yes we have profiles set up to attract interest and yes we are advertising ourselves as such. But we are under no obligation to molly coddle total strangers. Yes if we emailed a profile saying we were interested then, as a result of communiaction either emails or photos, decided we weren't interested, at that point because we instigated contact you are entitled to the courtesy of a 'sorry you're not for me'.

"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This very much so

By *emonWoman84Woman  over a year ago

Hartlepool

"If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society.... "

What if EVERY person on the street said good morning to you? Every single person. How would you feel then?

How about you're walking down the street with your friend (metaphor for talking to a friend or fuck interest on fab) and every stranger interrupts you as they walk past?

If you're walking somewhere rural (metaphor for not being constantly inundated with messages) then you aren't going to get many interruptions. If you're walking in a major city (metaphor for being inundated with messages constantly) then you're more likely to get fed up and ignore people, and maybe even not go out at all (metaphor for turning filters on).

It doesn't take much thought to think about it from the other person's point of view. I wish more people would - the world might be a kinder place.

"If someone said good morning to you walking down the road you at least half smile back right?? If you don't then you're probably what is becoming wrong with society....

What if EVERY person on the street said good morning to you? Every single person. How would you feel then?

How about you're walking down the street with your friend (metaphor for talking to a friend or fuck interest on fab) and every stranger interrupts you as they walk past?

If you're walking somewhere rural (metaphor for not being constantly inundated with messages) then you aren't going to get many interruptions. If you're walking in a major city (metaphor for being inundated with messages constantly) then you're more likely to get fed up and ignore people, and maybe even not go out at all (metaphor for turning filters on).

It doesn't take much thought to think about it from the other person's point of view. I wish more people would - the world might be a kinder place. "

Really good analogy !

S x

By *othingButCocoChanelWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

"...and they insist you send a face pic when they have no pics on their profile......"

You can CHOOSE not to though

Have you tried googly eyes on your penis?

By *ezebelWoman  over a year ago

North of The Wall - youll need your vest

Ive removed posts.

OP if you concentrate on the people that do reply, rather than the ones that dont, youll probably enjoy the site more.