FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Is it me?

Is it me?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello, iv been hovering on Fab for a while now. Iv messaged a few people, but i never seem to get a response.

Im just a normal guy, friendly, easy going and approachable. I try to make that come across in the emails i send. So i dont understand where i am going wrong, i know that all of the lovely ladies on here must get tons of emails and i would never expect me to be everyones cup of tea. But its starting to dent my confidence a little...

So i thought i would address the issue head on and turn to the interweb for advice.

Do any seasoned veterans or newbies like myself have any tips on how to get started?

Thanks.x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If its not working then change what you do. Send different types of messages tailor them to the profile and include lots of photos. It won't guarantee you success but might improve the odds.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

Being 'normal' isn't going to make you stand out from the croud.

Your profile actually includes detail which is a plus...you seem intelligent and know exactly what you want and want to explore...another plus....

Maybe it's your method in sending a message... You better shoot me one so I can better access the situation for you

But seriously maybe a different variety of public pic to help when they take a look at your profile??

Just a couple thoughts

Welcome to the world of fab, my advice plastic surgery , penis enlargement and steroids and go to the gym every night, leave your intellect at home that's what most of the people want on here, or having a fat wallet helps to !

Your profile seems okay and I wouldn't let it dent your confidence it's just the ratio on a site like this is always against the single guys. Quite simply put and hopefully without sounding arrogant but us girls and couples are spoilt for choice. It's hard to establish yourself and show your personality virtually anyway so maybe you should just get out there to the clubs and parties where confidence and charm work a lot more than looks do on here..most of the Adonis looking guys on here turn out to be complete twonks anyway. Get out there and have fun

I really like your profile, it comes across very well and shows you've taken the time to think about what it is you want.

For me tho it's your public photos. Although your profile makes me think phooar your photos don't!

Maybe be a bit more creative with the camera, a nice chest shot or bum shot?

Yes I'd certainly look at changing your pics to more body shots. And putting a negative comment on the status is off putting. On the whole I agree with comments above, but the first bit about being serious about sex would put me off as well. But that's just my opinion of course

Good luck

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I really like your profile, it comes across very well and shows you've taken the time to think about what it is you want.

For me tho it's your public photos. Although your profile makes me think phooar your photos don't!

Maybe be a bit more creative with the camera, a nice chest shot or bum shot?"

Very true!

An elbow and a badly photographed cock shot do not inspire lust.

Body shots always go down well - but choose a bodypart that people are likely to go phwoar over!

And you don't even have to be naked: a bum in nice boxers/briefs can be good as can a suit or unbuttoned white shirt.

Save the cock pics for friends only and at least use a clear one!

I didn't get around reading the long profile as I couldn't get past the pics, which are not at all flattering and seem more aimed towards bi/gay guys than women...women like to see a nice torso, a good bum, and a nice face if willing to show in public...men do come to that lol.

Also You're straight but want to meet TVs, you don't accommodate, and have no age preference...all minus points in my book.

By *issy louWoman  over a year ago

Staffordshire Moorlands

What on earth is that first pic? Not flattering at all and certainly not the sort of pic a 'straight' guy would be showing! As has been said before, many will be put off by the pics without even bothering to read the profile I'm afraid

[Removed by poster at 07/11/13 06:21:16]

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

"What on earth is that first pic? Not flattering at all and certainly not the sort of pic a 'straight' guy would be showing! As has been said before, many will be put off by the pics without even bothering to read the profile I'm afraid "

^^^^^This!

Don't take it personally. Much of the time it's nothing to do with your profile - in fact, if you use the 'Who Has Looked At Me' facility, you'll be amazed at how few of the people who read/delete your messages actually even look at it.

I used to message lots on here, and I'm not exaggerating when I say that maybe one in thirty people read/deleted my message without looking at profile.

What happens is this - single females on here get absolutely BOMBARDED with messages. Dozens at a time when they are logged in (and therefore at top of search page). I was with a friend from here and she showed me the inbox on her phone - it was in the hundreds. She clicked 'refresh' and it went up by thirty.

To read and respond to all those is almost impossible, not mention boring. My friend clicked 'delete all' and we had a coffee - then afterwards, she decided to check again and read some.

The truth is you were probably deleted for no reason other than that you were one of hundreds, and a girl only has so many hours in a day!

Edit to above - one in thirty READ profile, not the other way round!

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

I would have more public photos and make sure they are top quality. You say you are university educated but don't use capitals properly. I'd get someone to proofread your profile. Some people simply won't bother with profiles with grammatical or spelling mistakes or anything that smacks of laziness. You need to make sure your profile is high quality and at the moment, it needs some minor changes. The content is fine but I change the word 'confident' to 'not shy' as it doesn't sound as arrogant but says something similar. Lose any hint of negativity. No one gets a sympathy shag on here. Get chatting in the chatrooms and forums an go to a social or a club. Look in the meets section. Get rid of the 'I'm new' bit.

I cant work out pic 1 - is that you with a cock up your arse ? On a straight profile ?? I read your profile for the purposes of this forum post - but to be honest I would have stopped at pic 1 and deleted. Just my opinion sweetie x as said above a few nice body shots - and make sure the face pic is a nice one that u send xx

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Change your pictures as others have said and for the pedants change upmost to utmost . I always say join in the forums to get noticed too, it does work if you remain upbeat and contribute positively, good luck.

"I cant work out pic 1 - is that you with a cock up your arse ? On a straight profile ?? I read your profile for the purposes of this forum post - but to be honest I would have stopped at pic 1 and deleted. Just my opinion sweetie x as said above a few nice body shots - and make sure the face pic is a nice one that u send xx "

I've just zoomed in I think it might be a cucumber but there's no mention of him being a vegetarian

Really?

You mean as opposed to an impatient cranky negative guy?

"Being 'normal' isn't going to make you stand out from the croud."

im normal I stand out!! lol

"Hello, iv been hovering on Fab for a while now. Iv messaged a few people, but i never seem to get a response.

Im just a normal guy, friendly, easy going and approachable. I try to make that come across in the emails i send. So i dont understand where i am going wrong, i know that all of the lovely ladies on here must get tons of emails and i would never expect me to be everyones cup of tea. But its starting to dent my confidence a little...

So i thought i would address the issue head on and turn to the interweb for advice.

Do any seasoned veterans or newbies like myself have any tips on how to get started?

Thanks.x"

your not alone there heard plenty of guys have that problem my advice is get that cock shot off your profile anyways you aint mailed me lol!!!

cannot accom, not the greatest of pics

I'm sure the dildo up the arse pic might attract some attention though

"Really?

You mean as opposed to an impatient cranky negative guy?"

Sorry...that was in response to Pocketrock's comment

" cannot accom, not the greatest of pics

I'm sure the dildo up the arse pic might attract some attention though"

I thought it was his arm resting on the chair lolol

Thank you very much for the solid advice everyone, its much appreciated!

I will definitely take it on board....the pics were old and on second thought..not very flattering and not indicative of who i am and what i am about. They have been removed.

I dont think there is anything wrong with being 'normal'. There is a difference between being normal and being boring, which i am definitely not.

I am also going through my process with a fine tooth comb in search of grammatical errors or typos.

Thanks again.

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Capitals, like wot you don't use in your post!!!

It's actually an interesting profile but now you need to own up and tell us all about photo number 1......

Of course, i am an honest person. An ex of mine was partial to a bit of anal play (on us both) so the photo was taken a few years ago when we were still together. I thought it would be a naughty pic, that might get people attention. Which it has...for all the wrong reasons! Hence the reason it has since been removed.

I thought it was his arm resting on the chair lolol"

put ur specs on ya sexy cu..OOps , x

Great to see someone taking on board the comments. Like your new update by the way. Makes you look a positive person

I am a positive person!

It's really difficult to get across what i am about in a few paragraphs.

As at least one other has said, go to a social or a club. Even if you don't play you'll get chatting to people and can then get some veri's on your profile.

"I am a positive person!

It's really difficult to get across what i am about in a few paragraphs. "

Fabbo updates !! Well done) and good luck sweetie x

I thought it was his arm resting on the chair lolol

put ur specs on ya sexy cu..OOps , x"

Lol x