FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Party Etiquette

Party Etiquette

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eamTOSA OP   Couple  over a year ago

Treharris

So when you’re hosting a party and the guests ask who’s coming is it best to keep schtum or give them the guest list? What’s the etiquette??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Publish the Guestlist to them on pms so it can help beak the ice for them to speak beforehand.

Some clubs do it on the forums and is not always a true reflection, they might bait who is going to try get more to come.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

We went to a party without seeing a guest list once. Never again

By *amnaughtybutniceWoman  over a year ago

tf1

You should Always share the guest list.

What if they know each other? And don’t want to be at the same party. What if they’ve had issues with each other ?

Tricky one

Bit of a double edged sword this one. Maybe we see it different to other people but discretion is owed to your guests attending.

Organised parties as a single gent and a couple and the best guests/friends are non judgemental and actually don't ask

Generally we don't ask either on the parties we have been to but understand its a deal breaker for some.

There is a risk of the clic or only if the "beautiful people" are going. Even had 2 couples turn up not interact with other guests get drinks, bee line for a bedroom and pretty much use the place as a free fuck hotel before leaving straight after.

Get the person/couple who might put everyone off going factor too.

As a organisers it can be a lot of hard work and can be difficult for people to commit and turn up.

It's not a deal breaker for us and adds to the anticipation not to mention a good way just to meet new people.

By *litterbabeWoman  over a year ago

hiding from cock pics.

Some hosts start WhatsApp or telegram groups where people can chat and get to know each other in advance of the party. When I've been part of these groups, I have found it really has helped people break the ice and make mew contacts before they arrive.

"Some hosts start WhatsApp or telegram groups where people can chat and get to know each other in advance of the party. When I've been part of these groups, I have found it really has helped people break the ice and make mew contacts before they arrive."

Yes a very good idea that is.

By *rangesmartieWoman  over a year ago

Devon

Personally I hate being published on a guest list on a public forum. I get creepy messages from people wanting to be a +1 with me. Should be up to me to publically day I'm attending (the above still happens)

Organisers rarely ask if it's ok to be added to a public list, and don't say you will be on their literature and I find that irritating too.

No problem with it being shared via message with other people who are also booked.

By *implynaughty1Couple  over a year ago

stockport

You should always share the guest list just in case you don't want to bump into people you have blocked or you just want to avoid

By *entle_lover_xMan  over a year ago

Great Dunmow

I think depends a lot on the nature of the "party". That is a broad term that covers many scenarios.

Arranged and been to many larger parties say 20-50 people where there is strong social element and play possible but not emphasised. In those cases never seen guests list or been asked for one. Might ask if a particular person is going or not but not the whole list.

However, if a smaller party, say less than 10 where expectation is much more that play will happen and less place to hide yes have openly discussed other attendees as much harder to hide and move away if somebody you really don't want to meet.

All the parties I ever went to had the guestlist sent out beforehand (thank god)

Sarah

By *eamTOSA OP   Couple  over a year ago

Treharris

Thank you all for your honest opinions. Much appreciated.

Mrs T x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"All the parties I ever went to had the guestlist sent out beforehand (thank god)

Sarah"

We attended a party where we hadn't seen a guest list. It was quite a small affair which made it very awkward when it became quickly obvious that we just weren't a good fit. Nobody's fault but telling the host that we were leaving just as everyone else was getting down to it wasn't great although he was fine about it.

You live and learn

By *moothGrooveWoman  over a year ago

Durham

I'd never accept a party invite without seeing the guest list

By *p4fun60Couple  over a year ago

Hampshire

"I'd never accept a party invite without seeing the guest list "

Absolutely agree 100%

"All the parties I ever went to had the guestlist sent out beforehand (thank god)

Sarah

We attended a party where we hadn't seen a guest list. It was quite a small affair which made it very awkward when it became quickly obvious that we just weren't a good fit. Nobody's fault but telling the host that we were leaving just as everyone else was getting down to it wasn't great although he was fine about it.

You live and learn "

I've experienced the same, I think I was the only person in my 20s and everyone else was at least my parent's age. Needless to say I learned a lesson...always ask for/give out a guestlist!

By *p4fun60Couple  over a year ago

Hampshire

The strange thing is the last party we were going to the host point blankly refused, even after a lengthy chat, even events like V2V or organised socials etc put up a running list on the forum or run a WhatsApp group on the side, tbh I really can't see a problem with letting guests make sure they're compatible with potential playmates

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

We just tip up, chat to as many as we can and go with the flow.

If it doesn't happen for us in a sexual aspect, we leave early and live to fight another day.

We always try to attend at least twice, all parties can have an off day.

By *winging Sally SeanCouple  over a year ago

Warks / Northants Border

"Personally I hate being published on a guest list on a public forum. I get creepy messages from people wanting to be a +1 with me. Should be up to me to publically day I'm attending (the above still happens)

Organisers rarely ask if it's ok to be added to a public list, and don't say you will be on their literature and I find that irritating too.

No problem with it being shared via message with other people who are also booked. "

This is similar to how we feel too. In most cases, we don't want to be named in a publicly available list. However, we are usually happy to be involved in a group chat very close to the party date. ie a day or two better.

When we've arranged social meets in the past, we've always asked whether the attendees are happy for their username to be shared with other attendees.

We won't go to a private party now unless we know who's going. We went to one and J isn't into bald guys. Every single guy that went was bald. We met a lovely single lady there and she asked us if we wanted to meet her and her partner sometime and sent us a pic of them. You guessed it, he was bald too!

We got invited to a private party this week and asked to see who was going. Glad we asked and declined.

By *etro1940sCouple  over a year ago

Kingston upon Thames

"We won't go to a private party now unless we know who's going. We went to one and J isn't into bald guys. Every single guy that went was bald. We met a lovely single lady there and she asked us if we wanted to meet her and her partner sometime and sent us a pic of them. You guessed it, he was bald too!

We got invited to a private party this week and asked to see who was going. Glad we asked and declined. "

face pics are important and so is the "chemistry of attraction" ... we will play today at Kestrels and be true to our passions (respect all but play with those who create the right vibe) x

» Add a new message to this topic