FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Homophones

Homophones

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *winging Sally Sean OP   Couple  over a year ago

Warks / Northants Border

High, eye don't no watt ewe are lucking four, sew eye scent ewe this, because it's knot fare that eye am mist out of meats, butt others get there's. Can eye cum two you're plaice four a meat, because eye am board hear. Ewe luck grate, a site four saw I's. Eye wood love two berry my tong in you're pussy. Watt ewe lucking four on hear? Pleas chews me!

Buy four now.

A fun way to help others.

Unless I've made a mistake, every homophone in the above example message should be incorrect.

It seems many people on this site, do find homophones confusing. So I thought maybe a thread, as a fun and simple way to help them out. If you know a simple way to differentiate between homophones, maybe post it in the comments for others to see.

Keep it fun!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Warks / Northants Border

[Removed by poster at 10/01/23 02:18:12]

Warks / Northants Border

The most common mistake is the (your / you're) homophone.

So to help out those who are confused.

Your is used when you want to refer to something somebody possesses or owns. Your profile. Your verification. Your pictures.

You're is used mainly for describing someone. You're great. You're sexy. You're funny. It's sometimes better to use the full 'you are', as this helps remove confusion.

By *alleyDaveMan  over a year ago

Sheffield

"High, eye don't no watt ewe are lucking four, sew eye scent ewe this, because it's knot fare that eye am mist out of meats, butt others get there's. Can eye cum two you're plaice four a meat, because eye am board hear. Ewe luck grate, a site four saw I's. Eye wood love two berry my tong in you're pussy. Watt ewe lucking four on hear? Pleas chews me!

Buy four now.

Unless I've made a mistake, every homophone in the above example message should be incorrect.

It seems many people on this site, do find homophones confusing. So I thought maybe a thread, as a fun and simple way to help them out. If you know a simple way to differentiate between homophones, maybe post it in the comments for others to see.

Keep it fun! "

Can someone please translate this for me

Warks / Northants Border

"High, eye don't no watt ewe are lucking four, sew eye scent ewe this, because it's knot fare that eye am mist out of meats, butt others get there's. Can eye cum two you're plaice four a meat, because eye am board hear. Ewe luck grate, a site four saw I's. Eye wood love two berry my tong in you're pussy. Watt ewe lucking four on hear? Pleas chews me!

Buy four now.

Keep it fun!

Can someone please translate this for me "

It needs no translation. Just Google what homophone means and it makes perfect sense.

By *acavityMan  over a year ago

Redditch

And spell check is saying that everything is fine.

By *herryEatersCouple  over a year ago

East Cheshire

Our mobile phone autocorrects have a mind of their own these days so let's forgive those who type in haste !

The best autocorrect/spell checker I knew was called XT9 and believe it or not was written by a British company. They still exist but don't supply the great software any more

Some newer mobiles have a keyboard function called 'text shortcuts', GREAT for common typos that the spell checkers stupidly add in as new words. Enter your typo in small letters followed by what you intend, it sorts out capital letters itself too

By *elshie69Man  over a year ago

Feltham

High, eye don't no watt ewe are lucking four, sew eye scent ewe this, because it's knot fare that eye am mist out of meats, butt others get there's. Can eye cum two you're plaice four a meat, because eye am board hear. Ewe luck grate, a site four saw I's. Eye wood love two berry my tong in you're pussy. Watt ewe lucking four on hear? Pleas chews me!

Buy four now

Enjoy grammar nazis

Warks / Northants Border

Buy four now

Enjoy grammar nazis "

Oh the grammar Nazis are still picking 'there' way through this! Let's hope they are finished by Friday, so they can have a relaxing weekend.

Warks / Northants Border

"Our mobile phone autocorrects have a mind of their own these days so let's forgive those who type in haste !

"

Oh yes, don't I know it. Mine frequently puts an incorrect, and often inappropriate, word in place of what I actually meant.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

I don't like homophones.

Why they can't tolerate people of different sexualities is beyond me.....

A

Warks / Northants Border

"I don't like homophones.

Why they can't tolerate people of different sexualities is beyond me.....

A"

Too tight. I've heard those butters like soggy natter on their fish too.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Ham luvin his fred

Warks / Northants Border

"Ham luvin his fred"

That reeds like a cock and bawl storey...

Warks / Northants Border

"The most common mistake is the (your / you're) homophone.

So to help out those who are confused.

Your is used when you want to refer to something somebody possesses or owns. Your profile. Your verification. Your pictures.

You're is used mainly for describing someone. You're great. You're sexy. You're funny. It's sometimes better to use the full 'you are', as this helps remove confusion. "

Another common mistake is there/ their / they're.

There usually refers to a location, so unless you're referring to people, or objects, it's likely you'll need to use 'there'.

When referring to people or objects, it's the same rule as above. Their is used for something they own or possess. Their profile. Their dungeon.

Whereas they're is mainly used to describe people. They're pedantic. They're annoying. They're crap at oral.

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"

Another common mistake is there/ their / they're.

"

Also to/too/two, and "should of" instead of "should have", etc.

Warks / Northants Border

"

Also to/too/two,

"

Yep. Probably THE most common error. Do you have a useful way to remember the difference?

By *wingin CatMan  over a year ago

London

"

Also to/too/two,

Yep. Probably THE most common error. Do you have a useful way to remember the difference? "

Don't know if this useful:

I'm going TO the shop.

I'm going to the shop TOO.

The shop is TWO miles away.

By *eavy Metal BallzMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

[Removed by poster at 12/01/23 17:24:39]

Birmingham

Buy four now.

Keep it fun! "

When I saw the title I thought you had misspelt homophobe lol.

Then when I opened I thought you had had a stroke or something.

Then I thought it was you giving an example of the type of poorly written messages you’re receiving.

I bet that was hard to type, it was certainly hard to read…

Lovely fun photos though…

By *onjonjon44Man  over a year ago

sheffield

Watt a waist of my thyme

By *erlins5Man  over a year ago

South Fife and Newcastle

Eye done no watt ewe r tocking about

Warks / Northants Border

"

Lovely fun photos though… "

Thanks. We're glad you like the pictures. When the weather warms, we'll try to take some more.

This forum post is basically just a fun way to help others understand the difference between the words they use. Some people find it difficult to remember when they should use your / you're. Others will mock or criticise them. Surely it's better to help them instead?

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

I get fascinated by the regular occurrence of 'none binary' on the forum.

I guess that is because in some parts of the country people say, but don't write, "Non of the above". In turn, their pronunciation of 'none' becomes the spelling of 'non' because both words sound the same to them.

By *rNice.Man  over a year ago

Doncaster

I recommend for you some tuition in reading and writing ..

Bexley

"

This forum post is basically just a fun way to help others understand the difference between the words they use. Some people find it difficult to remember when they should use your / you're. Others will mock or criticise them. Surely it's better to help them instead?"

Ah, but when we try to help, we get called the 'Grammar Police'. (Speaking on behalf of the others in the force)!

Warks / Northants Border

"I recommend for you some tuition in reading and writing .. "

Eye recommend four ewe sum tuition in reeding hand righting...

Birmingham

"

Lovely fun photos though…

Thanks. We're glad you like the pictures. When the weather warms, we'll try to take some more.

This forum post is basically just a fun way to help others understand the difference between the words they use. Some people find it difficult to remember when they should use your / you're. Others will mock or criticise them. Surely it's better to help them instead?"

For sure it’s better to help rather than mock, I get that the post was just a bit of fun and trying to help.

Hope it warms up soon…

By *igNick1381Man  over a year ago

BRIDGEND

I just honest to god this was a post about homophobes and auto correct had got you fucked up

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

I don't find them confusing, just painful to read

Bexley

"I don't find them confusing, just painful to read "

Very good answer. thumbs it up well.

Warks / Northants Border

[Removed by poster at 12/01/23 22:51:10]

Warks / Northants Border

"I don't find them confusing, just painful to read "

Due ewe mean pane full two reed?

Bexley

Surely one of the most regular homophones in people's profiles has to be 'discrete' when they invariably mean 'discreet'.

Why would anyone correctly describe theirself as 'discrete' unless they are trying to explain why they and their partner have separate profiles!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

How many teachers are on this thread??

Warks / Northants Border

"Surely one of the most regular homophones in people's profiles has to be 'discrete' when they invariably mean 'discreet'.

Why would anyone correctly describe theirself as 'discrete' unless they are trying to explain why they and their partner have separate profiles!"

Brilliant. To be honest, that is so subtle, I probably haven't noticed in any profiles. Despite knowing the difference between the two words!

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

i thought he meant a new iphone

By *exleybuffboyMan  over a year ago

sidcup

Listen I am NOT homophonic

» Add a new message to this topic