FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Forum etiquette

Forum etiquette

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *omin8r OP   Man  over a year ago

In A Playspace

Are certain threads limited to a closed group? And/or are there a collective agreement to avoid or exclude some members?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ankie303Woman  over a year ago

Weirdsville South Coast Dorset

"Are certain threads limited to a closed group? And/or are there a collective agreement to avoid or exclude some members? "

The forums are very public, not closed to anyone (including Google apparently).

Some threads are dominant by the normal lot only and others contributions seem to get overlooked and it might feel like a deliberate plot but I'm sure it's not.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

All members get access to all the same sections of the forum ,

The etiquette is the forum rules

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Are certain threads limited to a closed group? And/or are there a collective agreement to avoid or exclude some members? "

The forums are just like any of the millions of forums out there on the web.

You get cliques

You get spammers

You get nutters

You get ignored

You get posters you like

You get posters that you dislike

You get good threads

You get bad threads

I fucking love the fab forums.

T

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

No, as has been said all threads are available to everyone. You can read them even as a non member.

As far as I know there is no collective agreement to ignore or exclude some members. It can seem like that I know, sometimes a group of people will take a thread way off course with private jokes and individual flirting.

The spirit of the forums in general is inclusive though, it's mostly a case of keep posting

By *uliaChrisCouple  over a year ago

westerham

Sounds like FOMO

Are you referring to the secret threads organising mass orgies that you can’t access?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Are certain threads limited to a closed group? And/or are there a collective agreement to avoid or exclude some members?

Sounds like FOMO

Are you referring to the secret threads organising mass orgies that you can’t access? "

I don't think he is.

There are people who imply that conversations about people take place away from fab and from time to time a guy will post saying that he's been told there's a black list and his name's on it.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

Hope you don't mean on the Nocturnal thread, OP? Everyone is welcome there and gets a reply, but it was quiet last night and very late when you joined. That's just the nature of the beast.

By *den-Valley-coupleCouple  over a year ago

Cumbria

. I can be easily misunderstood comment on things to get a laugh but it's hard to get over personality through text sometimes get blocked but people sometimes get it but if you're true to yourself can make friends here.

This is a massive negative boom of a post certainly not endearing yourself.

In A Playspace

"Are certain threads limited to a closed group? And/or are there a collective agreement to avoid or exclude some members?

The forums are very public, not closed to anyone (including Google apparently).

Some threads are dominant by the normal lot only and others contributions seem to get overlooked and it might feel like a deliberate plot but I'm sure it's not."

Thanks for your reply, I am not being a downer about it just checking if that is the case, if so I will avoid them.

In A Playspace

"All members get access to all the same sections of the forum ,

The etiquette is the forum rules "

Thank you for your contribution. I thought and hope that is the case.

In A Playspace

The forums are just like any of the millions of forums out there on the web.

You get cliques

You get spammers

You get nutters

You get ignored

You get posters you like

You get posters that you dislike

You get good threads

You get bad threads

I fucking love the fab forums.

T"

I totally agree, hence if it is a case I don't fit in then I stay away. And have a laugh and banter if I am. Lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Keep throwing yourself in, it takes time to build connections and familiarity

In A Playspace

No, as has been said all threads are available to everyone. You can read them even as a non member.

As far as I know there is no collective agreement to ignore or exclude some members. It can seem like that I know, sometimes a group of people will take a thread way off course with private jokes and individual flirting.

The spirit of the forums in general is inclusive though, it's mostly a case of keep posting "

I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol

In A Playspace

Sounds like FOMO

Are you referring to the secret threads organising mass orgies that you can’t access? "

Not at all lol

In A Playspace

"Keep throwing yourself in, it takes time to build connections and familiarity "

Will take that on board lol

In A Playspace

Sounds like FOMO

Are you referring to the secret threads organising mass orgies that you can’t access?

I don't think he is.

There are people who imply that conversations about people take place away from fab and from time to time a guy will post saying that he's been told there's a black list and his name's on it. "

Thank you nice to know.

By *uietlykinkymeWoman  over a year ago

kinky land

"I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol"

That happens to all of us

Frequently comes up as 'thread killer' threads

Stick around for a bit and before you know it more people engage with you

In A Playspace

"Hope you don't mean on the Nocturnal thread, OP? Everyone is welcome there and gets a reply, but it was quiet last night and very late when you joined. That's just the nature of the beast. "

I know, and again appreciate the feedback, but I find it we were showing our support for issues like mental health, and people struggling to fit in. But in other areas, of the forum the interaction is different.

For me this is a discussion not a complaint lol

In A Playspace

""I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol"

That happens to all of us

Frequently comes up as 'thread killer' threads

Stick around for a bit and before you know it more people engage with you "

Ha ha I wouldn't stop anyway. Just trying to create an awareness and a discussion.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Sounds like FOMO

I don't think he is.

There are people who imply that conversations about people take place away from fab and from time to time a guy will post saying that he's been told there's a black list and his name's on it.

Thank you nice to know. "

There isn't a black list by the way.

In A Playspace

". I can be easily misunderstood comment on things to get a laugh but it's hard to get over personality through text sometimes get blocked but people sometimes get it but if you're true to yourself can make friends here.

This is a massive negative boom of a post certainly not endearing yourself."

I can understand all that, and as said previously. I am not here to complain but create a discussion. We are all affected by lockdown. And some find it hard to connect with others on the outside, either because of isolation or mental health. Just saying this is a time to be welcoming. Otherwise it can affect some negatively.

One love

Mark

By *dores blackmenWoman  over a year ago

incognito mode ;-)

Also don't get paranoid if people block you either,it's quite usual for some to block other forum users,I've been blocked many times

In A Playspace

"Also don't get paranoid if people block you either,it's quite usual for some to block other forum users,I've been blocked many times

"

Honestly, I know the ropes, been on fab for years, so I know I am not for everyone. But more recently get interested in some of the forums. And from what I heard, it's really a nice place to share jokes, have a banter and get to chat with like minded friends.

incognito mode ;-)

"Also don't get paranoid if people block you either,it's quite usual for some to block other forum users,I've been blocked many times

Honestly, I know the ropes, been on fab for years, so I know I am not for everyone. But more recently get interested in some of the forums. And from what I heard, it's really a nice place to share jokes, have a banter and get to chat with like minded friends. "

Very true

"

I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol"

Being a thread killer is an honor! It's like you have stumped the internet lol!!!

I actually got the final 175 comment in the other day, another achievement on the forums

By *o Trash in My TrailerMan  over a year ago

Daytona Beach

"All members get access to all the same sections of the forum ,

The etiquette is the forum rules "

Easy to say but it doesn't mean its true when groups exclude others.

In A Playspace

"

I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol

Being a thread killer is an honor! It's like you have stumped the internet lol!!!

I actually got the final 175 comment in the other day, another achievement on the forums "

Pmsl

Proud of the achievement, a real badge of honour

By *irginieWoman  over a year ago

Near Marlborough

"

I actually got the final 175 comment in the other day, another achievement on the forums "

I kill threads all the time

V x

By *ony51963Man  over a year ago

Liverpool

"

I actually got the final 175 comment in the other day, another achievement on the forums

V x "

Wow I thought it was a special talent if mine....

"

V x

Wow I thought it was a special talent if mine...."

But you currently have a kill rate of zero out of 35

incognito mode ;-)

"

V x

Wow I thought it was a special talent if mine....

But you currently have a kill rate of zero out of 35 "

I've got 5/35 does that count

8/35 currently, that's pretty low to be honest but then iv been trying really hard think before posting since my last 5 day stint on the naughty step

incognito mode ;-)

"8/35 currently, that's pretty low to be honest but then iv been trying really hard think before posting since my last 5 day stint on the naughty step "

By *uriousscouserWoman  over a year ago

Wirral

I'm not a huge thread killer, the conversation just tends to carry on around me!

You get used to it after a while OP, its not worth spending much mental energy on puzzling over the why of it. Post when it's fun, stop when it isn't.

By *ntheshadows1975Man  over a year ago

Merseyside

The spirit of the forums in general is inclusive though, it's mostly a case of keep posting

I know that is the aim of the forums, and always know you will get the private jokes. I only asked because in a few of the threads, all chatter stopped when I started posting too lol"

I get that too

In A Playspace

I got abilities I didn't even know I had lol.

Almost sounds like a super hero

, the might of the. 'thread killer'

By *lbinoGorillaMan  over a year ago

Redditch

I'm going to contradict everyone now, but there's one thread I've not been allowed to see. It's either in this section or the swinging clubs section, was started over a year ago and is still active, but when I tried to read it I got a message to say I wasn't authorised to view it

Most odd....

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I think that means the thread is in the process of being moved or deleted.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

It takes time to break into any group. Keep adding bits, people will begin to recognise you.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I'm going to contradict everyone now, but there's one thread I've not been allowed to see. It's either in this section or the swinging clubs section, was started over a year ago and is still active, but when I tried to read it I got a message to say I wasn't authorised to view it

Most odd.... "

That is because it's being deleted or moved. Everyone who clicks on it will get the same message.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

"It takes time to break into any group. Keep adding bits, people will begin to recognise you."

This you need to be on here quite regularly and add something new (hopefully) to a thread, that will make people think. Just don’t get too controversial with it

Plenty of cliques and most of my posts get ignored or only a few comments, but I don’t take it to heart (I do ) I’d say the majority of people on the forums are ok , only a few are trouble makers

In A Playspace

"It takes time to break into any group. Keep adding bits, people will begin to recognise you."

Good advice

In A Playspace

"It takes time to break into any group. Keep adding bits, people will begin to recognise you.

This you need to be on here quite regularly and add something new (hopefully) to a thread, that will make people think. Just don’t get too controversial with it

Plenty of cliques and most of my posts get ignored or only a few comments, but I don’t take it to heart (I do ) I’d say the majority of people on the forums are ok , only a few are trouble makers "

Thank you, advice appreciated from all

By *otSoNewAnymoreMan  over a year ago

North East

the chat rooms are where you will find most of the cliques, forum is not too bad although a lot of people get wound up about small things very quickly!

In A Playspace

Lol okay

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

Perseverance. There are some lovely posters on the forums. Just get stuck in and don’t look at it as a popularity contest, just a sharing of opinions and thoughts.

In A Playspace

"Perseverance. There are some lovely posters on the forums. Just get stuck in and don’t look at it as a popularity contest, just a sharing of opinions and thoughts."

In A Playspace

I know this will be ignored, but I honestly question the sincerity of some of the feedback here.

I actually suspect that my original question is true, and it even goes further, site users complain about fakes, but these groups also appear to go as far as engaging conversation and showing interest just to get information.

It is insulting to think that other members may not be smart enough, to realise or understand the cryptic conversations in some of the threads, and in some cases the questionable references that are made, and use of words to describe/reference individuals,

This would be fine for those oblivious to what's happening. But when you have two distinct and identifiable individuals that end up being the topic of a conversation, it makes it very easy to understand .

The uneasy bit is who some are.

The easy thing to do is to get off fab. But I do have some good friends here.

Thank you for all the genuine feedback.

But there is collective behaviour, and it is sad because it ruins the whole forum/fab experience.

Peace and love

And stay safe.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

"I know this will be ignored, but I honestly question the sincerity of some of the feedback here.

I actually suspect that my original question is true, and it even goes further, site users complain about fakes, but these groups also appear to go as far as engaging conversation and showing interest just to get information.

It is insulting to think that other members may not be smart enough, to realise or understand the cryptic conversations in some of the threads, and in some cases the questionable references that are made, and use of words to describe/reference individuals,

This would be fine for those oblivious to what's happening. But when you have two distinct and identifiable individuals that end up being the topic of a conversation, it makes it very easy to understand .

The uneasy bit is who some are.

The easy thing to do is to get off fab. But I do have some good friends here.

Thank you for all the genuine feedback.

But there is collective behaviour, and it is sad because it ruins the whole forum/fab experience.

Peace and love

And stay safe.

"

I’m not sure I understand the issue, so bear with me....

You are feeling excluded when you post on the forums? Like your posts are overlooked and you’re ignored? That you post and it seems like that has “killed the thread”?

If that is what you mean then I can assure you it wouldn’t be personal to you. It’s just that the Lounge, out of all the Fab forums, is probably the busiest forum. There have previously been a lot of forum meet ups, so a lot of the lounge posters may actually know each other and be quite friendly.

That can, in some cases, feel a bit like you’re in a bar and there is someone sat next to you leaning across you to chat to someone on the other side of you, and totally ignoring you. If that makes sense?

Yes it can be a bit of a bummer. But that’s how it’s always been, and I’ve been on Fab and the forums since 2016.

There tend to be different types of forum posters. Those who come on, post and leave. Others who are more chatty on threads and flirt it up etc.

That’s how it has always been. And it’s like that on most other forums I’ve been on.

If you’re looking to be forum popular then you’ll have to post loads to get “known” and flirt it up with all the ladies and/or post funny witty irreverent stuff.

If you just have something to say or want to give advice or support then you suck it up and just post what you want and damn the consequences of whether Debbie from Blackpool thinks that was the funniest post ever and wants your dick NOW.

This is how it’s always been on Fab, and I doubt it will change.

You really just have to get stuck in.

In A Playspace

I know what you are saying, and I have no intention of being a problem. But some of us are site supporters because we believe in what the site offers and what stand for. But I am sure this post will resonate with the right persons.

Again peace and one love.

By *ellHungandBaldMan  over a year ago

Fabville.

"Keep throwing yourself in, it takes time to build connections and familiarity "

In A Playspace

Hello everyone, at some point I hope I will manage to have some sort of conversation, and will gladly let you know what happen here. But for now I will accept all the roasting I am getting lol.

I know I may not be everyone's favourite person. But hey I will give it a shot. But I do know what you are going on about lol.

Peace

By *nkforthekinkMan  over a year ago

london/fareham

In the words of Winston Churchill “don’t let the bastards grind you down!”

In A Playspace

"In the words of Winston Churchill “don’t let the bastards grind you down!”

"

I guess I learned the hard way. Lol