FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > Accommodating

Accommodating

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I can accommodate and have just asked someone to either cam or call to show they are genuine who they say they are and also so they can see/hear I’m genuine and who I say I am. They are photo verified and have a webcam veri but wouldn’t do either. I’m inviting a stranger to my home do you think it’s unreasonable to ask for phone chat or cam to verify?? This is on the presumption of a meet after lockdown btw

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *asterkissMan  over a year ago

coventry

No it's your choice and their loss but some are very shy and you know lots are false

By *ySecretLifeSSBBWWoman  over a year ago

Sometimes Chester, sometimes Wirral

"I can accommodate and have just asked someone to either cam or call to show they are genuine who they say they are and also so they can see/hear I’m genuine and who I say I am. They are photo verified and have a webcam veri but wouldn’t do either. I’m inviting a stranger to my home do you think it’s unreasonable to ask for phone chat or cam to verify?? This is on the presumption of a meet after lockdown btw"

Is this person claiming to be a women?

"I can accommodate and have just asked someone to either cam or call to show they are genuine who they say they are and also so they can see/hear I’m genuine and who I say I am. They are photo verified and have a webcam veri but wouldn’t do either. I’m inviting a stranger to my home do you think it’s unreasonable to ask for phone chat or cam to verify?? This is on the presumption of a meet after lockdown btw

Is this person claiming to be a women?"

a couple but fem half only

By *iss LovelyWoman  over a year ago

Here and There

Seems shady. I’d assume not genuine.

By *orth_hantscplCouple  over a year ago

camberley

We don’t do cam or phone calls before we meet, we just prefer chatting on here. We have got plenty of verifications though to show we’re genuine, do the couple you’re chatting to have verifications? If not I can see why you’re being careful.

"We don’t do cam or phone calls before we meet, we just prefer chatting on here. We have got plenty of verifications though to show we’re genuine, do the couple you’re chatting to have verifications? If not I can see why you’re being careful. "

they do but its one cam veri. I might be just be being over careful but like i said its my home and if i were going to someones home i wouldnt mind chatting first or whatever just so they know i am real and who i say i am..

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No it's not unusual to check on someone to be sure they are who they say they are.

It's also not unusual or anything wrong with that person saying no.

We all have choices.

"I can accommodate and have just asked someone to either cam or call to show they are genuine who they say they are and also so they can see/hear I’m genuine and who I say I am. They are photo verified and have a webcam veri but wouldn’t do either. I’m inviting a stranger to my home do you think it’s unreasonable to ask for phone chat or cam to verify?? This is on the presumption of a meet after lockdown btw

Is this person claiming to be a women?

a couple but fem half only"

Could be male profile.

I don't invite anyone round

Covid 19.

I can do most of that to prove.. But when dressed.

When I been chatting more than 5 minutes.

Sometimes it takes weeks to build and swap numbers and video chat.

Good luck op

"We don’t do cam or phone calls before we meet, we just prefer chatting on here. We have got plenty of verifications though to show we’re genuine, do the couple you’re chatting to have verifications? If not I can see why you’re being careful.

they do but its one cam veri. I might be just be being over careful but like i said its my home and if i were going to someones home i wouldnt mind chatting first or whatever just so they know i am real and who i say i am.."

Honestly just save your time....... if someone doesn’t want to cam before a meeting... they are catfish or using old photos....

Don’t drop your standards just for a meet...

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

I am confused !

Why would anyone be inviting a total stranger to their home at any time, but in these times I am even more worried !

But then who cares about being safe, this is fab and we are all invincible !

By *ommenhimCouple  over a year ago

wigan

"I am confused !

Why would anyone be inviting a total stranger to their home at any time, but in these times I am even more worried !

But then who cares about being safe, this is fab and we are all invincible !"

I think his efforts are to make them not a total stranger.... he wouldn’t be the first. Don’t worry so much, he’s not you!

"I am confused !

if you read my opening post instead of jumping in you will see i have put that its for when/if we are ever allowed to meet up and not right this minute

I can accomodate but never on a first meet or possibly even second need to know the person before bring anyone back here

By *irty PrettyWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"We don’t do cam or phone calls before we meet, we just prefer chatting on here. We have got plenty of verifications though to show we’re genuine, do the couple you’re chatting to have verifications? If not I can see why you’re being careful.

they do but its one cam veri. I might be just be being over careful but like i said its my home and if i were going to someones home i wouldnt mind chatting first or whatever just so they know i am real and who i say i am..

Honestly just save your time....... if someone doesn’t want to cam before a meeting... they are catfish or using old photos....

Don’t drop your standards just for a meet... "

I don’t cam ever, whether I intend to meet the person or not. It doesn’t mean I’m a catfish or a liar.

OP, just ask for a socially distanced social with both of them. If they won’t do that either just move on. It might be a fake profile or it might be one of those “we’re not here for the social side” types but either way if it doesn’t work for you, your not obliged to lower your standards at all.

By *rs mischiefWoman  over a year ago

Manchester

"I can accommodate and have just asked someone to either cam or call to show they are genuine who they say they are and also so they can see/hear I’m genuine and who I say I am. They are photo verified and have a webcam veri but wouldn’t do either. I’m inviting a stranger to my home do you think it’s unreasonable to ask for phone chat or cam to verify?? This is on the presumption of a meet after lockdown btw"

Your house your rules OP, sounds a bit dodgy to me... id be happy to cam // chat// social first, to ensure everyone is genuine and happy!

Don't care who it is, if can't talk on the phone I'd not meet. If they are that concerned about privacy they can get a play phone. No call says there's something wrong to me.

By *Xtriple7Couple  over a year ago

If I see webcam only veris then I assume its a time-wasting profile.

Video call before hand is perfectly acceptable imo.

By *exyguy76Man  over a year ago

lancashire

I chat on here then before meeting I do like to cam chat on skype or what's app. Then you can get to see the person face 2 face & give you an idea of what they are or could be like. Wouldn't let a stranger on at all. If they don't cam some thing wrong. Wouldn't accept a picture could be If any body.

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

Don’t drop your standards just for a meet... "

I wouldn't cam before a meet, does that mean I'm a catfish?

If couple then female must chat in our case female to female but during covid hell no

Don’t drop your standards just for a meet...

I wouldn't cam before a meet, does that mean I'm a catfish?"

No not at all.... that just means you and I wouldn’t be meeting......

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

It's not unreasonable at all. Wouldn't it be better to have a social somewhere?

By *nimaginativeUsernameMan  over a year ago

Rochester, Kent

We’re all entitled to ask for whatever makes us safe and confident in meeting them.

Same as they are entitled to refuse.

By *etite_delightWoman  over a year ago

BunnyLand

I don’t do cam or phone verifications either as I have enough information on my profile that I’m genuine anyway but I’d be happy to meet in their local pub for social and move from there... Problem solved

By *arry247Couple  over a year ago

Wakefield

We would never phone chat or video to show we are genuine.

We would meet in a club when they were open and when they open again.

We don't think it unreasonable for you to ask just as we don't think it unreasonable for us to refuse your request.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

"I don’t do cam or phone verifications either as I have enough information on my profile that I’m genuine anyway but I’d be happy to meet in their local pub for social and move from there... Problem solved "

That's what I tend to do. If someone is adamant they want to FaceTime or whatever that's me off!

I don't do phone or cam but would always be happy to meet in a public place.

"I am confused !

I always insist on coffee or a drink meet in public. I also don’t meet very close to home and go somewhere else after the meeting in case I’m followed.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

You're entitled to ask for what you prefer ie a call/webcam, but people are also entitled to say no if they are uneasy doing it.

If that's not for you then maybe you're not compatible.

I am verified by meets, but don't cam with people or talk much on the phone.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

As profile above said, I always meet socially first in a public place anyway, rather than invite someone straight to me..

By *rx1Couple  over a year ago

Torridge Area of Devon

Why not ask, in say 3 or 6 months time, if and when it is safe to do so

If we get messaged and someone suggests they are happy to accommodate, we make the assumption they are happy to meet sooner rather than latter

Are you giving a whole representation of the conversation or just a tiny snippet.

I don’t cam or anything like that before a meet because I don’t want to.

I’m not a catfish and I certainly don’t use old pictures

It’s just my preference. I’m fully verified on here so I’m not going to go out of my way to ‘prove’ I’m real.

Also as far as I’m concerned if I’m going over a blokes house... your over 6ft and much bigger then me.. who really is at a disadvantage? Me.

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

Southern Wales

I don’t cam or phone chat to prove who I am. I have young kids who are running around, plus I’m shy and shit at small talk.

I meet for a social to prove I’m real and relatively normal, if that’s not good enough then folk are free to pass me by.

But it doesn’t automatically stand that someone is fake because they don’t do cam etc.

I don't think it is unreasonable, to ask to at least speak to the person first, I note you are talking after lock down to meet, so, as it seems it is here for a while, try hangouts, kik, messenger, etc, other video platforms are avaliable, to verify, in this time most people have access to one of these even on a mobile

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

I don't think you are being unreasonable. Couple cam veris can be faked

By *eeavWoman  over a year ago

belfast

Just do a social meet for a coffee beforehand then of don’t show don’t arrange another meet or if they show and are real and you’re both comfortable then go back to yours

"I don’t cam or anything like that before a meet because I don’t want to.

It’s just my preference. I’m fully verified on here so I’m not going to go out of my way to ‘prove’ I’m real.

Also as far as I’m concerned if I’m going over a blokes house... your over 6ft and much bigger then me.. who really is at a disadvantage? Me. "

Do you still use a vcr or victrola ?

There isn’t a one size fits all for meeting.....

I’m just saying I won’t meet without a quick FaceTime...

I want to prove to anyone I’m potentially meeting that I’m a real person and not catfish....

I would never meet someone i had never met into my home

By *sGivesWoodWoman  over a year ago

ST. AUSTELL, CORNWALL

I don't think you are being unreasonable at all, but perhaps for safety meet them in a public place first. Good luck. X

Also as far as I’m concerned if I’m going over a blokes house... your over 6ft and much bigger then me.. who really is at a disadvantage? Me.

I want to prove to anyone I’m potentially meeting that I’m a real person and not catfish.... "

Exactly there’s not a one size fits all.... So I’m just saying I won’t do a quick FaceTime to prove I’m real and I don’t need to see the other person on FaceTime either. I don’t need the other person to ‘prove’ anything.

You are the one saying they must be a catfish or using old pictures as if it’s some sort of fact.

Your safety is paramount. It is NOT unreasonable to phone chat or cam. Be careful

"Your safety is paramount. It is NOT unreasonable to phone chat or cam. Be careful "

At the minimum phone chat, and meet somewhere public first, nothing has to happen straight away

I want to prove to anyone I’m potentially meeting that I’m a real person and not catfish....

Exactly there’s not a one size fits all.... So I’m just saying I won’t do a quick FaceTime to prove I’m real and I don’t need to see the other person on FaceTime either. I don’t need the other person to ‘prove’ anything.

You are the one saying they must be a catfish or using old pictures as if it’s some sort of fact. "

Please forgive me, I have meeting ptsd......

I’ve had pictures of Pamela Anderson sent to me but Rosanne Barr showed up to meet me...

There's nothing wrong in insisting on a call or cam chat before a meet up. It's up to the other party as to how much they want to meet you and how genuine they are as to whether they do it.

I personally think that if they won't call or cam to put your mind at rest, will they look after your best interests when they're with you?

"Why not ask, in say 3 or 6 months time, if and when it is safe to do so

If we get messaged and someone suggests they are happy to accommodate, we make the assumption they are happy to meet sooner rather than latter

Are you giving a whole representation of the conversation or just a tiny snippet."

I wondered this too. No point in chatting to anyone at the moment.

It's not unreasonable to ask. It's also not unreasonable for them to say no.

Social meets are possible in most areas. Meeting in person gives you much more information than a cam chat that can be faked.

Social meets are possible in most areas. Meeting in person gives you much more information than a cam chat that can be faked. "

How can you fake a cam chat?

I’m not doubting you ..... Btw

Social meets are possible in most areas. Meeting in person gives you much more information than a cam chat that can be faked.

I’m not doubting you ..... Btw"

People record someone on cam then play it back pretending it's them. They type when the recording types....

I’m not doubting you ..... Btw

People record someone on cam then play it back pretending it's them. They type when the recording types...."

Ok , I tend to use FaceTime to verify my meets... it usually a quick hello while we are out and about during our day...

I like to see people in everyday situations not dolled up .... so when we meet , I know they will look better in person...

Personally, I don't mind calling but I don't have access to a cam.

"Personally, I don't mind calling but I don't have access to a cam. "

Do you own a smart phone?

» Add a new message to this topic