FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Swinging Support and Advice > How important is verification

How important is verification

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ooligan OP   Man  over a year ago

Preston

Hi, I've been a member for a few years - had the occasional meet but never with a verified user. A couple I met recently asked me to leave a verification but can't as I'm not already verified...

They can't verify me as they're fairly new members and don't have any either.

It seems we're both caught in a catch 22 - is there a solution apart from meeting a verified user purely to get verified?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Fairly important for a number of members.

We will talk with unverified members but we take them even less seriously. That being said, we have met with a number of hitherto unverified females who have been lovely.

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Cam verification is available to you, so maybe try that and then you can verify the couple

I think it’s probably more important for single male profiles to be verified given the numbers on here!

Attitudes vary. Some don’t want the trail of where they’ve been. Some don’t want future meets potentially contacting past meets. Some consider it one of the mandatory things they need before meeting.

I tend to look at time on the site versus verifications. But like everything it’s just a guideline.

Options wise - until verified by a cam/meet with someone who is already verified, then you’re stuck.

Personally - not important at all, but I realise that to others it is vital and there's nothing wrong with that - everyone is different.

I dont mind talking to non verified users but I had a nightmare getting replies when I wasn’t verified before

By *ecky and justCouple  over a year ago

Godalming

Verification is important to us.

It’s the first check that the people are genuine and real.

Too little time to waste it on the many fakes that proliferate.

It's important because ladies don't want to meet men who aren't verified, but for me it's hard enough to get a message nevermind meet someone for a veri. It always annoys me when I see then stating that they won't answer messages from un-verified men. Okay I'm working on it

By *mmmMaybeCouple  over a year ago

West Wales

Verifications don’t prove whether you are real or fake as a couple of cam ones mean nothing really. What multiple meet ones prove though is that you are who you say you are & do actually meet people rather than just like the idea. Even if like us they were mostly at socials.

We got our first verifications by going to a club, didn’t play the first time, nervous as hell but came away with four verifications from memory.

S

By *oncupiscence73Woman  over a year ago

South

Not important to me at all tbh loads of play veris put me off totally! More likely to meet and unverified than a man with 50 odd play meet veris ..... I think everyone has their own personal opinion on them and you can’t please everyone.

By *abasaurus RexMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

It’s important to some.

Have noticed my inbox is a little busier (not that much though), but it hasn’t immediately flipped a switch.

It’s worth having, but not worth worrying about, basically.

As someone else mentioned, get someone to verify you by cam.

From a purely personal view, we’d avoid anyone who has been on the site for over a year and remains unverified by meet.

For us this is only due to hassle we have had and we’ve had to block any unverified profiles from contacting us.

It’s a shame but we are on here to enjoy ourselves so we make it as uncomplicated as possible.

probably more important for a woman or couple, just to prove they are real, not sure it makes alot of difference for a male

By *ichaelsmyMan  over a year ago

douglas

as a single male I've always found that the verification issue is really important to everyone.

couples like to see them because it shows you are genuine.

single females like to see them because they know you are not an axe murderer or something.

meets do tend to happen once you have been verified

Very important. And not just 1. I like people to have a few cause fake accounts even have veris.

By *r_Jake70Man  over a year ago

London

It clearly helps, but it’s not the be all and end all. I have 5 play meets before I asked for a veri, because I didn’t feel it was necessary. Some people will block I veried accounts, but some people will block you because of your age or sex. If you come across as genuine and interesting enough to reply to it won’t make a huge difference I think.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It is alot more important to some than others

I look but take other things into account too

We were all new once and I have met unverified men in the past, without any problems.

By *bthreeCouple  over a year ago

Yeovil

"Verification is important to us.

It’s the first check that the people are genuine and real.

Too little time to waste it on the many fakes that proliferate.

Totally agree but we are happy to chat and cam with people to help them get verified as we all have to start somewhere x

"

If your serious about swinging then you would go to a club an by going to a club u would gain a few verifications from people.

"If your serious about swinging then you would go to a club an by going to a club u would gain a few verifications from people. "

thought all the clubs were shut atm

"If your serious about swinging then you would go to a club an by going to a club u would gain a few verifications from people.

thought all the clubs were shut atm"

Nope clubs are back open. An this thread is in general right? Not just in covid lol

By *averockrockMan  over a year ago

swindon

It is but can be faked unfortunately!

There very important to me. I always tell people to pop along to a social/club and get verified that way.

By *oodnitegirlWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

They are rather important to me, although I am empathetic to people that are just starting out and will meet them I do tend to want to meet people who are interested and invested in the scene.

Also, with limited time to meet and lots of people I’d like to make arrangements with I am often stood up by new people and that’s a real waste of an arrangement

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

Definitely important to us shows if couple or single actually meet

By *ap d agde coupleCouple  over a year ago

Herne Bay

[Removed by poster at 09/08/20 08:18:05]

We wouldn’t even answer anybody who hasn’t got a verification

Far too many time wasters on here

Not to mention the fake accounts

Lot’s of men just after a dirty chat for a buzz

So in my opinion very important to have verifications

But saying that everybody’s got to start somewhere if they are genuine

I made the mistake of leaving fabs and lost my veris.. they definitely help and I had forgotten how difficult it was to get the first one.. and now no prospect during Covid?!

By *ussex team upCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Sussex

Verifications are vital and the only real way of checking if people are genuine!, No way round it !!

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

Some clubs are doing socials only. If you can get to one, the club itself will verify you. It’s a great start with a genuine veri, as there’s a lot of fake veris out there, experience will teach you to how to spot them.

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

I wouldn't meet someone who had been on this site almost three years without a verification.

Newbies we will meet if they have none as we all started with none but if someone has been here for a long time more than6 months and has none or the last one was several years ago we would be very cautious to proceed

"Newbies we will meet if they have none as we all started with none but if someone has been here for a long time more than6 months and has none or the last one was several years ago we would be very cautious to proceed "

Should have added that obviously Covid would makes us more flexible with newbies due to the limitations.

I imagine a lot of guys with no verifications would sign back in with a new account because of this. I'm thinking about that myself because I was once called a time waster for not having a verification.

By *tace 309TV/TS  over a year ago

durham

"Very important. And not just 1. I like people to have a few cause fake accounts even have veris. "
unfortunately more than a few on here. I will meet unverified or verified and if they don't show I blow them out

Problem now with Covid you can’t get verification. That’s annoying.

By *ickDastardlyMan  over a year ago

North East

Verifications I think are generally important, in the case of single males I don't think you get very far without them.

But its not just about getting them its also about maintaining them.

People leave the site and their verifications go with them.

I had 5 in Jan, now only one remains and its a club verification, so whilst it proves I'm genuine, I'm also very conscious of it, because it doesn't demonstrate the experience I have in the lifestyle.

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

"Hi, I've been a member for a few years - had the occasional meet but never with a verified user. A couple I met recently asked me to leave a verification but can't as I'm not already verified...

They can't verify me as they're fairly new members and don't have any either.

It seems we're both caught in a catch 22 - is there a solution apart from meeting a verified user purely to get verified?"

For some it is for others it isn't. But for your conundrum as you said one of you will have to meet a verified person first.

By *penbicoupleCouple  over a year ago

Northampton

We hardly ever meet people who aren't verified!

By *herryblossom_BJWoman  over a year ago

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

Really important tbf especially if you been on this site for awhile and even not one cam verifications makes the person doubt your integrity

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"Problem now with Covid you can’t get verification. That’s annoying. "

Interesting as many new profiles I seen either has cam verifications or people they met in the past verifying them again

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"If your serious about swinging then you would go to a club an by going to a club u would gain a few verifications from people. "

Not everyone is comfortable going to clubs. I certainly know this first hand as I host at a club. I have a dozen or so friends that just cannot go to a club, no matter what

By *ensual massagerMan  over a year ago

Bolton

"It's important because ladies don't want to meet men who aren't verified, but for me it's hard enough to get a message nevermind meet someone for a veri. It always annoys me when I see then stating that they won't answer messages from un-verified men. Okay I'm working on it "

Why would it annoy you?

If they actually state that on their profile then you know it's pointless messaging them. Isn't that better than writing and being deleted plus, gives you opportunity to message them when you get a verification.

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

"If your serious about swinging then you would go to a club an by going to a club u would gain a few verifications from people.

Not everyone is comfortable going to clubs. I certainly know this first hand as I host at a club. I have a dozen or so friends that just cannot go to a club, no matter what "

during covid times, it's increasingly more difficult to go... some suggest going in the chat rooms, going on webcam and get to know people there. You can get to know people on here and you guys can verify eachother using direct webcam chat. There's ways of getting verifications if you try

Oxfordshire/Hampshire

I dont see a problem making friends on fab then you naturally verify eachother through cam chats?

By *carlettxWoman  over a year ago

Essex

Unverified users would struggle to get a reply from me

Unverified users that have been on here some considerable time won’t get a reply at all

There also seems tone a trend of ‘fake’ veris recently so I like to see veris from good accounts and a few of them

It’s not hard to get verified , if you can’t get a meet one (yes, appreciate DT this time it’s difficult) getting cam verified , popping on the chat rooms etc means you could actually pick up half a dozen very easily

» Add a new message to this topic