FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Stories and Fantasies > Words

Words

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

How many words would be good enough to start posting my first story/fantasy?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *terobs6869Man  over a year ago

Llandudno

I think something short to start with, to grab the attention and hint at what's to come. A big long read for the first post can be a barrier.

More important is to be able to follow it up quickly and keep your audience hooked.

And in the long run the most important thing is to know that you will be able to keep them supplied with updates without a long wait.

Good luck

By *ilkynmyzzyCouple  over a year ago

manchester

"I think something short to start with, to grab the attention and hint at what's to come. A big long read for the first post can be a barrier.

More important is to be able to follow it up quickly and keep your audience hooked.

And in the long run the most important thing is to know that you will be able to keep them supplied with updates without a long wait.

Good luck "

Heed Sterobs' advice OP, he's written some of the very best stories we've read on here.

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

"I think something short to start with, to grab the attention and hint at what's to come. A big long read for the first post can be a barrier.

Good luck

Heed Sterobs' advice OP, he's written some of the very best stories we've read on here."

This totally ! I have written a few, some I think good some not so. The most popular ones have been of this suggested format, the least popular ones have been longer 'one off' stories.

To be fair just try something and see what happens.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

By *renzMan  over a year ago

Between Chichester and Havant

Personally I prefer something to read. The ones I don't like are those with a few lines. It's ok to start with something shorter, set your store out, then build the story. Look at those with the most replies, the most popular and use those as a guide on length. But please don't do a few lines, then ask if you should do more. Find that stops any flow. But that's just me.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Surely it has to be 69

» Add a new message to this topic