FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Dead bodies

Dead bodies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *uvseams OP   Man  over a year ago

glasgow

Just heard on the news 39 people found dead in the back off a lorry in England. Absolutely tragic , how desperate are these people.!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *luebell888Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Tragic. Man bn arrested.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If your desperate enough to pay someone to leave a country you have no hope in to go to another country in the back of a lorry..I'd say pretty desperate.

By *40ffCouple  over a year ago

lala land

I see how they think stay where u r you die try and get out maybe u die but u died trying and u may even make it so tragic tho

By *oconut10Man  over a year ago

kirkcaldy

They really must be desperate to leave their own country. So many people are suffering out there, we can’t blame them for trying to better themselves. It’s a shame that this has happened. So sad...

Glasgow

"They really must be desperate to leave their own country. So many people are suffering out there, we can’t blame them for trying to better themselves. It’s a shame that this has happened. So sad..."

And it will happen again and again and this is whats sadder. Nobody is saving them so they try to save themselves.

By *issncuddlesCouple  over a year ago

Ayrshire

seems that the container came over without the unit......driver picked it up at the docks, already here, with the people in it, he drove the lorry for 35 mins to where the bodies were found.......if true then its hardly his fault????

kirkcaldy

"They really must be desperate to leave their own country. So many people are suffering out there, we can’t blame them for trying to better themselves. It’s a shame that this has happened. So sad...

And it will happen again and again and this is whats sadder. Nobody is saving them so they try to save themselves."

Yep, it seems we all only look after ourselves only. Sadly, I can’t see that we’ve changing. You’d think since the world wars, we would learn a thing or two. Seems not. History gets forgotten about and then it repeats itself...

"They really must be desperate to leave their own country. So many people are suffering out there, we can’t blame them for trying to better themselves. It’s a shame that this has happened. So sad...

And it will happen again and again and this is whats sadder. Nobody is saving them so they try to save themselves."

I agree bluebell that it’ll continue to happen

and how long before we read that it’s children dying in the back of lorries

kirkcaldy

"seems that the container came over without the unit......driver picked it up at the docks, already here, with the people in it, he drove the lorry for 35 mins to where the bodies were found.......if true then its hardly his fault????"

IF he isn’t involved, he’ll get made a scapegoat no doubt...

Glasgow

And it will happen again and again and this is whats sadder. Nobody is saving them so they try to save themselves.

and how long before we read that it’s children dying in the back of lorries "

Children have died in the sea and still it happens. Sad, so sad surely something can be done to help these desperate souls.

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

Human trafficking isn't always about refugees - it's often about human slavery and exploitation. Do you know the people were in the lorry of their own free will?

#supportingmo

By *ongue FuckerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

This is absolutely true. This sort of thing is ongoing up here too. Heard of guys turning up in Glasgow etc claiming to have been dropped off in a lorry.

My worry is it is only males that this happens to, what about the inevitable females? What is happening to them?

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Do you know the people were in the lorry of their own free will?"

What's your point?

By *ongue FuckerMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Human trafficking isn't always about refugees - it's often about human slavery and exploitation. Do you know the people were in the lorry of their own free will?"

How do we know that? Thought they all died.

Edinburgh

and how long before we read that it’s children dying in the back of lorries "

I believe that there was one child

By *arlosF2019Man  over a year ago

glasgow

and how long before we read that it’s children dying in the back of lorries

I believe that there was one child "

Why has no1 apart from me said anything about supporting the poor lad driving who has been ripped apart by the media , they should never have let his name or face get out , it’s a disgrace these guys go through hell to get food on your table , the conditions abuse & violence just to do their job

By *eep.Man  over a year ago

Just a background character

"Do you know the people were in the lorry of their own free will?

What's your point? "

That people jump to conclusions. The only facts known to the media are the name of the driver, the location where the trailer/lorry where registered, and that it contained 38 adults and one teenager.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

These poor people will die if they stay in their home nation. This way they feel they at least had a chance. Absolutely heart breaking for people be so desperate to end up paying murderers for a way out.

Was watching a news report about a migrant camp in bosnia as well, where people look to be waiting the same fate, only it's prolonged and another, different and totally inhumane hell. Anyone else see this?

Just so grateful of where i am and how good we have it here x

By *tew008Man  over a year ago

edinburgh

"Why has no1 apart from me said anything about supporting the poor lad driving who has been ripped apart by the media , they should never have let his name or face get out , it’s a disgrace these guys go through hell to get food on your table , the conditions abuse & violence just to do their job "

The driver seemed abit inexperienced from what I read. Probably got paid well for a odd job and has been thrown to wolves.

Company should be the ones getting chastised.

"Why has no1 apart from me said anything about supporting the poor lad driving who has been ripped apart by the media , they should never have let his name or face get out , it’s a disgrace these guys go through hell to get food on your table , the conditions abuse & violence just to do their job

The driver seemed abit inexperienced from what I read. Probably got paid well for a odd job and has been thrown to wolves.

Company should be the ones getting chastised."

Inexperienced how do you figure that out ??

He is driving all over the world & going abt with a truck like that hardly think so , you def don’t understand the job that’s for sure , hope you like your food on your table tonight it’s is farmers & truckers that put it there , start backing them !!!

Edinburgh

"Do you know the people were in the lorry of their own free will?

What's your point?

That people jump to conclusions. The only facts known to the media are the name of the driver, the location where the trailer/lorry where registered, and that it contained 38 adults and one teenager."

Got you! Sorry, I had misread your comment.

"seems that the container came over without the unit......driver picked it up at the docks, already here, with the people in it, he drove the lorry for 35 mins to where the bodies were found.......if true then its hardly his fault????"

This is correct ,he has been released from custody also ,it was also the driver alerted the emergency services

Edinburgh

"These poor people will die if they stay in their home nation. This way they feel they at least had a chance. Absolutely heart breaking for people be so desperate to end up paying murderers for a way out.

Was watching a news report about a migrant camp in bosnia as well, where people look to be waiting the same fate, only it's prolonged and another, different and totally inhumane hell. Anyone else see this?

Just so grateful of where i am and how good we have it here x"

Not seen it but saw the interview of a man who came here in the back of a lorry and you can feel his pain in his voice and eyes as he speak of the whys.

By *ussyhunter7Man  over a year ago

hamilton

Just found out the container came from China those poor souls

edinburgh

"Why has no1 apart from me said anything about supporting the poor lad driving who has been ripped apart by the media , they should never have let his name or face get out , it’s a disgrace these guys go through hell to get food on your table , the conditions abuse & violence just to do their job

Company should be the ones getting chastised.

Inexperienced how do you figure that out ??

He is driving all over the world & going abt with a truck like that hardly think so , you def don’t understand the job that’s for sure , hope you like your food on your table tonight it’s is farmers & truckers that put it there , start backing them !!! "

What you on about supporting truckers?

Refrigerated units are airtight or as close too being airtight. Which is why they do CO2 checks and there is temperature checks. 39 people produce a lot of heat. Most truck drivers I know will inspect loading and any checks as best they can. They’re on the hook for failures most of the time.

By *eoeclipseWoman  over a year ago

glasgow

I'd be interested to here if these people are Uighurs from Xinjiang.

The Chinese have been putting them into "re-education" camps for past few years.

edinburgh

"I'd be interested to here if these people are Uighurs from Xinjiang.

The Chinese have been putting them into "re-education" camps for past few years. "

Recent reports coming out of China has been really bad. Well last few years since the re-education camps.

That is right they are air tight but that’s the guy who take all the cash that tells them what trailer to get in not the driver & the guy didn’t load the trailer on the ferry he only picked it up at the docks , most of these trailers have security tags on and the driver can open or the load would be rejected , so maybe do some homework before typing rubbish , that guy has been ripped apart by the police & media for no reason , his name & details should never have been released, he hasn’t even been charged , sure it’s a really bad thing to happen to these people and never want to read about these things but we are a nation struggling with so many here already , have you ever seen what these drivers have to go through with the violence to do their job coming through these ports I’m guessing not !!

By *urplequeenWoman  over a year ago

Fife

"That is right they are air tight but that’s the guy who take all the cash that tells them what trailer to get in not the driver & the guy didn’t load the trailer on the ferry he only picked it up at the docks , most of these trailers have security tags on and the driver can open or the load would be rejected , so maybe do some homework before typing rubbish , that guy has been ripped apart by the police & media for no reason , his name & details should never have been released, he hasn’t even been charged , sure it’s a really bad thing to happen to these people and never want to read about these things but we are a nation struggling with so many here already , have you ever seen what these drivers have to go through with the violence to do their job coming through these ports I’m guessing not !! "

Wee question just cos i dont know how it works. But if a driver is given a load to pick up, then surely he should check the load matches paperwork etc before accepting the container for pick up?? Ad i say, just a question cos i have no idea how it works. Im just thinking.. Say the load i was picking up was 100 washing machines from the dock but when i got to the final drop off point, it was 100 hoovers.. Who is responsible?

By *okoteeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"If your desperate enough to pay someone to leave a country you have no hope in to go to another country in the back of a lorry..I'd say pretty desperate."

It's called desperation to survive. These people carry their children and risk drowning in seas to get away. Only tells you how much suffering some people go through.

"That is right they are air tight but that’s the guy who take all the cash that tells them what trailer to get in not the driver & the guy didn’t load the trailer on the ferry he only picked it up at the docks , most of these trailers have security tags on and the driver can open or the load would be rejected , so maybe do some homework before typing rubbish , that guy has been ripped apart by the police & media for no reason , his name & details should never have been released, he hasn’t even been charged , sure it’s a really bad thing to happen to these people and never want to read about these things but we are a nation struggling with so many here already , have you ever seen what these drivers have to go through with the violence to do their job coming through these ports I’m guessing not !!

Wee question just cos i dont know how it works. But if a driver is given a load to pick up, then surely he should check the load matches paperwork etc before accepting the container for pick up?? Ad i say, just a question cos i have no idea how it works. Im just thinking.. Say the load i was picking up was 100 washing machines from the dock but when i got to the final drop off point, it was 100 hoovers.. Who is responsible? "

Hey , yes sometime they can check the load but quite often fridges have a seal for security so it can’t be opened until at delivery to make sure good have not been tampered with , so this guy would have just had a trailer number to pick up

What gets me is that someone must have been the last to die and therefore watched 38 other people go before them knowing they were next.

Scary shit man

edinburgh

"That is right they are air tight but that’s the guy who take all the cash that tells them what trailer to get in not the driver & the guy didn’t load the trailer on the ferry he only picked it up at the docks , most of these trailers have security tags on and the driver can open or the load would be rejected , so maybe do some homework before typing rubbish , that guy has been ripped apart by the police & media for no reason , his name & details should never have been released, he hasn’t even been charged , sure it’s a really bad thing to happen to these people and never want to read about these things but we are a nation struggling with so many here already , have you ever seen what these drivers have to go through with the violence to do their job coming through these ports I’m guessing not !! "

I didn’t sell short the job but the arrest and initial reports did read as if he took a last minute job. Then was left to wolves by the owning company as someone leaked his info, no company behind him. I merely speculated about the situation and your conjecture about intent behind a comment is “rubbish”.

» Add a new message to this topic