FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Introducing messages

Introducing messages

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm seeing an awful lot of woman/ couples stating they do not want any boring first messages like "hey" "how are you" etc. So my question is what do you want to see then?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *raigStarrMan  over a year ago

St. Helens

Having been part of a couple profile in the past I can say with experience the amount of drippy "hey, how's you" messages is obscene! Therefore they barely even get opened...write something original that look a different in the one line people see before they even open it...getting opened is the first step!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

This is always going to be a thorny topic... I have been here as a single AND a couple... in my opinion (appreciate that's not everyone's) a message should always try and engage the person you are messaging. That's tricky... after all what's wrong with "hi, how are you?" we say that in real life all the time.

I think the difference is subtle yet not... when you say that here what you really mean is... I like the look of you sexually and I'd like to engage in a conversation to that end.

Now sexual attraction is a strange dynamic... there is NO magic formula... however there are some simple things... respect, intelligence, humour and perseverence are key... that's for BOTH male and female despite what you might think... oh and that's for a quality meet... that's my opinion and what I am here for.

By *estless nativeMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Any message should reflect two things, firstly, your own personality (mental or otherwise ) and secondly, that you have read the recipients profile and have found something to connect with.

Failing that just watch lord Flashheart on Blackadder for tips. Woof!!

I find messages that merely say hi /hey/how's you insipid and shows a lack of effort.

I don't go in for the key word from the profile but I do like to see that someone has read my profile and if they reference that in a message they earn brownie points.

"I'm seeing an awful lot of woman/ couples stating they do not want any boring first messages like "hey" "how are you" etc. So my question is what do you want to see then? "

Do you seriously need to ask ?

I'm sure you are asking this, as in 'tongue in cheek', well hope so!!

If any guy can't figure that out then, well I'm sure you will get the response you deserve

"I'm seeing an awful lot of woman/ couples stating they do not want any boring first messages like "hey" "how are you" etc. So my question is what do you want to see then?

If any guy can't figure that out then, well I'm sure you will get the response you deserve "

The OP is only asking a question and looking for a bit of advice, theres no need to slate him for it.

"I'm seeing an awful lot of woman/ couples stating they do not want any boring first messages like "hey" "how are you" etc. So my question is what do you want to see then?

If any guy can't figure that out then, well I'm sure you will get the response you deserve

The OP is only asking a question and looking for a bit of advice, theres no need to slate him for it. "

It wasn't a slate

it maybe slating guys in general if they cant figure it out.

I said tongue in cheek, didn't I

By *ot - CoupleCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Even without you sending a message I'd put more into your profile. Have a look at other men on here that have been successful with meets.

Said this before

I'm more likely to chat back if it's a straight to the point

Hey this is me (pic included)

Fancy a chat ?

Will always reply either way

By *eADevilCouple  over a year ago

Blantyre

"This is always going to be a thorny topic... I have been here as a single AND a couple... in my opinion (appreciate that's not everyone's) a message should always try and engage the person you are messaging. That's tricky... after all what's wrong with "hi, how are you?" we say that in real life all the time.

I think the difference is subtle yet not... when you say that here what you really mean is... I like the look of you sexually and I'd like to engage in a conversation to that end.

Now sexual attraction is a strange dynamic... there is NO magic formula... however there are some simple things... respect, intelligence, humour and perseverence are key... that's for BOTH male and female despite what you might think... oh and that's for a quality meet... that's my opinion and what I am here for. "

Totally agree. You would not go into a bar and and say hey i know all about you. You would say hi then if the other person was interested the conversation would start to flow. Also long interesting messages are usually copy and pasted to 50 other people too so not that interesting after all. Just our opinion.

For me it's not all about the message.

I may get a message and delete it without even opening and reading it if the profile it comes from doesn't interest me.

But hey, that's just me.

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

Show the person you actually read the profile and not just looked at pictures. Ask something about what they say in their introduction. Shows you're actually interested in the person and not just their genitals

By *ringles0510Woman  over a year ago

Central Borders

"Any message should reflect two things, firstly, your own personality (mental or otherwise ) and secondly, that you have read the recipients profile and have found something to connect with.

Failing that just watch lord Flashheart on Blackadder for tips. Woof!!"

Lord Flashheart Brilliant!! That'll definitely give you a reply x

(Lee writing)

Most of the people that should be reading this won't.

Most of the people who should be reading this dont even read profiles let alone in the forum...lol.

Strangest messages.... "hey", "xxx" and "hw r u"

Not the best eye catchers.

We usually see something in the profile or in the photos that we complement, comment or ask about.

Hugs

» Add a new message to this topic