FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Bad reputation

Bad reputation

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ugs and Junk OP   Couple  over a year ago

Bellshill

In the world of fab your reputation preceeds you as well as how you conduct yourself in mails & in person.

My question is, is it possible to change a bad perception of you or do you do what so many do and try and reinvent yourself with a new name/profile/pics?

Also would you meet a person with a known bad reputation and give them a chance?

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By *earded blossomCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I'm all for making my own decisions about people based on my own experience... I tend to always see the good in people which in the world of fab has backfired on me on a couple of occasions.

Once I've made my mind up though there's no going back with me. What's that saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me or something like that

K x

Bellshill

Me too I'm very black and white about things but I thought it would be interesting to see if anyone has been in this situation and had a positive outcome x

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Any social event will change perception....good or bad!

I make up my own mind about people.

Would you want to meet someone who judged you on the opinion of others? A judgement that usually comes from people who have never actually met

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Its way more in depth but mostly no if I percieve someone as not worthy it wont change. The reinventing thing is a constant on fab but folk only have themselves to blame they tell folk what they want to hear. So a person leaves and comes back as that.

Bellshill

"Any social event will change perception....good or bad!

Would you want to meet someone who judged you on the opinion of others? A judgement that usually comes from people who have never actually met

"

That's fair enough giving people the benefit of the doubt but on the online world where you don't know the person you are meeting I think a lot of people rely on an information they get. I do agree a social is the best way forward

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

I really dont know how people percieve me.. im me and not pretending to be someone im not so some people may like me as i am and some may not ..i'll just take my chances n stay meee

Bellshill

"Its way more in depth but mostly no if I percieve someone as not worthy it wont change. The reinventing thing is a constant on fab but folk only have themselves to blame they tell folk what they want to hear. So a person leaves and comes back as that."

Very true

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Can't say I've ever listened to gossip or hearsay on here and judged someone on others opinions, and I would have no interest in changing the opinion of someone small minded enough to pre-judge me.

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

"

to my mind if they associate with what to me are undesirables then I slap the tar on and want no part of it

Bellshill

"I really dont know how people percieve me.. im me and not pretending to be someone im not so some people may like me as i am and some may not ..i'll just take my chances n stay meee "

I've only ever heard nice things about you _unkie

south east

Also i dont pay much attention how others view others ..i prefer to make my own mind up about someone than take someones elses word on it

south east

"I really dont know how people percieve me.. im me and not pretending to be someone im not so some people may like me as i am and some may not ..i'll just take my chances n stay meee

I've only ever heard nice things about you _unkie "

Awww thanks must be all lies

Glasgow

"I really dont know how people percieve me.. im me and not pretending to be someone im not so some people may like me as i am and some may not ..i'll just take my chances n stay meee "

You're a wee cutie

K x

Bellshill

to my mind if they associate with what to me are undesirables then I slap the tar on and want no part of it "

We would be the same. I think you'd be remiss to ignore any potential warming signs

Hopefully I have a good rep, not sure

but I wont change for anyone if I haven't.

I'm honest and speak from the heart and love a right good laugh and windup and know some like me for it, some don't.

But I never worry what people think, I just get on with my life. if someone doesn't want to be in my company then I see it as their loss.

The socials are good for chatting to people with good or bad reputations and see how you tick with them

But me personally, its always nice to be nice and respectful

south east

"I really dont know how people percieve me.. im me and not pretending to be someone im not so some people may like me as i am and some may not ..i'll just take my chances n stay meee

You're a wee cutie

K x"

Awwww ty K xxx how much do i owe you now

south east

"Hopefully I have a good rep, not sure

I'm honest and speak from the heart and love a right good laugh and windup and know some like me for it, some don't.

But I never worry what people think, I just get on with my life. if someone doesn't want to be in my company then I see it as their loss.

The socials are good for chatting to people with good or bad reputations and see how you tick with them

"

a top bloke

Bellshill

"Hopefully I have a good rep, not sure

"

Ach yer no a bad auld stick Peter lol x

Have no idea if I have any sort of reputation on here good, bad or indifferent.

I am who I am and use my own judgement from messages and meeting

By *andACouple  over a year ago

glasgow

To be honest, I would have no idea what anyone's reputation is on here.

"I'm all for making my own decisions about people based on my own experience... I tend to always see the good in people which in the world of fab has backfired on me on a couple of occasions.

Once I've made my mind up though there's no going back with me. What's that saying fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me or something like that

K x"

No idea how I'm perceived on here, apart from the guy who said I was 'that fat chick who has a high opinion of herself'.

Actually that's probably kinda true....

My point being, I don't give a flying fuck. I KNOW I'm awesome

Glasgow

"No idea how I'm perceived on here, apart from the guy who said I was 'that fat chick who has a high opinion of herself'.

My point being, I don't give a flying fuck. I KNOW I'm awesome "

You're definately not fat!!

K x

to my mind if they associate with what to me are undesirables then I slap the tar on and want no part of it "

I've met you....

Like I said, the social events work

Mind you....

I will and do avoid people that have met up with and shagged women I really don't like...Women I have met soially and considred complete and utter horrors

By *litter and GrumpCouple  over a year ago

glasgow

I tend to give everyone the benefit of the doubt. One of my main reasons being both of us have been judged, be it on the fact of people who we don't get on with, the circle we choose to be friend with etc.

We both have very different views on people and we both have our own reasons. There are people I would spent time with he wouldn't and vice Versa.

I think just from my own experience I have met people others have said were bad news and found them lovely. So i will make my own choice.

I know many have judged me on what they have heard but there is always 3 or 4 sides to every story and as long as I know who I am and am happy then people can choose to speak to me and form their own opinions or ignore me and I will do the same. X

Couples seem to get it worse...

They tend to be drawn into a circle and if just one couple in that circle take the hump....gawd help you lol

Fuk em...(or not, as the case may be)

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

There will be some who don't like me and others that do. I don't really worry about the opinions of strangers on the internet.

By *ndykayMan  over a year ago

Falkirk

I've heard lots of things about people over the years but I don't let any of it affect me. I'd much rather meet people in a social setting and talk to them as some people can come across badly in the cyber world whereas in the real world they are lovely people.

Me? I have a terrible reputation. And I'm happy for anyone to believe it.

It's those that have met me that know the real furry.

Falkirk

"Mind you....

I will and do avoid people that have met up with and shagged women I really don't like...Women I have met soially and considred complete and utter horrors "

And furry

By *vbride1963TV/TS  over a year ago

E.K . Glasgow

"I've heard lots of things about people over the years but I don't let any of it affect me. I'd much rather meet people in a social setting and talk to them as some people can come across badly in the cyber world whereas in the real world they are lovely people.

Me? I have a terrible reputation. And I'm happy for anyone to believe it.

It's those that have met me that know the real furry.

"

Time wasting chest wig wearer beware eats cake but doesn't buy any

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I make up my own mind about people, as I'm sure people do about us. I have however warned friends about people if I've been concerned about something. This has only happened a couple of times though.

I have no idea how people see us, but we have plenty of friends here so I'm not particularly fussed. Like me or loathe me, I'm not bothered.

"No idea how I'm perceived on here, apart from the guy who said I was 'that fat chick who has a high opinion of herself'.

My point being, I don't give a flying fuck. I KNOW I'm awesome

You're definately not fat!!

K x"

By *ensual temptressWoman  over a year ago

Southampton

Id be more wary of those talking about another's " reputation ". You know if they are saying something about others to you they'll be doing the exact same about you .

I take anything said with a pinch of salt and make my own mind up about a person . I'm a good judge of charector and if I've come to the conclusion someone's a Cock Womble then it's been for a very good reason lol .Same if I think the persons a wee gem .But it's purely my opinion based on their interaction with me and not discussed with others . I'm afraid if they fell in to the first category it's been for a damn good reason and no reason I'd alter my opinon .

As for folks opinion of me I'm a hard hearted ,menopausal hell harpy lol

Falkirk

"

Time wasting chest wig wearer beware eats cake but doesn't buy any "

See....I rest my case

I don't really care what the majority on here think about me, in particular the people who haven't met me. However if was negative from people I have met then I would endeavour to reflect on what was commented on about me and change my ways.

If something is said to me about fellow site users I make my own mind up about them rather than listening to hear say. Certainly glad I have went with this approach recently xx

I do care what people think of me that are close to me. I want to be a good friend or family member to the people that matter.

On fab and swinging in general I think you have to be selfish. I'm here for my fun and my own enjoyment not to please others. I reckon we have probably upset a few people on here in the past as their messages or aimed status updates have suggested but resentments can only be taken not given.

The difficulty we have found with fab is there are people we like that we would drink and get a laugh with but we aren't interested in them sexually and I think some people take offence to that to easily and it only takes one pissed off person that has a large group of close friends on here to try and ruin your reputation.

We try and keep an open mind but first messages and impressions count hugely.

"I do care what people think of me that are close to me. I want to be a good friend or family member to the people that matter.

On fab and swinging in general I think you have to be selfish. I'm here for my fun and my own enjoyment not to please others. I reckon we have probably upset a few people on here in the past as their messages or aimed status updates have suggested but resentments can only be taken not given.

The difficulty we have found with fab is there are people we like that we would drink and get a laugh with but we aren't interested in them sexually and I think some people take offence to that to easily and it only takes one pissed off person that has a large group of close friends on here to try and ruin your reputation.

We try and keep an open mind but first messages and impressions count hugely. "

Meant to sign off who was typing.

Mr

The truth isn't ever black or white it lies between two sides too a story so it's nearly always grey. Just because we might have had a bad experience with someone or a couple it doesn't mean they are bad people. Drink may have been involved nerves or a host of other reasons. But the person who said it's the ones who talk about others that we should watch out for because what are they saying about you later couldn't be more right. But if you ask peoples opinion of some people you may not always get a flattering reply about them. Even the nicest on here slip up sometime and if you can honestly say youve

I'm not fussed about the opinions of those I've never met or ever will meet n I'm quite capable of making my own mind up about people through either meeting them personally or through how they portray themselves on here or through messages they send.

Once had a lass thinking the reason I wouldn't meet her was because of what others had told me about her,when in fact I'd already decided she wasn't for me well before I'd spoken to her or anyone who knew her!

By *uster67uknMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"O wad some power the giftie gie us, To see oursels as ithers see us!"

I guess we all wonder how others perceive us from time to time. Fundamentally we seek approval in some small way from those around us.

I am the exception to the rule as I'm a colossal arsehole

By *r Costa xxMan  over a year ago

stirling

No problem meeting anyone with a so called bad reputation, these are generally quite subjective so I like to make my own mind up

There's folk on this site who make things up about people they've never met. I know this from experience. This forum just creates cliques and groups of bullies. It's always the people who say on their profiles that they want no drama that usually cause it or add to it.

Never judge but never cross. So many cliques & so much gossip. Live & let live.

By *itsmcgee4Couple  over a year ago

Central

Don't think we have a reputation one way or the other on here and pretty happy about that to be honest. Couldn't really give a shit what anyone thinks of us but prefer to avoid the drama

"Don't think we have a reputation one way or the other on here and pretty happy about that to be honest. Couldn't really give a shit what anyone thinks of us but prefer to avoid the drama"

Nice pictures xxx

By *e gentle 100Woman  over a year ago

Bathgate

I personally don't care who likes or doesn't like me, I'm am me and me I will always be, If someone bad mouths a person to me then I make up my own mind about that person, in the swinging world u get groups of friends and if one person in that group doesn't like a certain person then the rest of the group won't like them, people make mistakes and get bad mouthed because of it and mud sticks so to speak, no one in this world is perfect as we all have our bad habits and our flaws, move on and forget, enjoy life and don't let others bother u, we all have one life so live it and be happy as life doesn't come with a guarantee xx

Im just me

People can take me or leave me, its upto them

I will alway try to see the good in people n make my own decisions on others by my experiences with them

I will put my hand up yes we have all made mistakes in the past.

Obviously we can't make or get on with everybody in the swinging community..

But the way i see life in here and the swinging world i always give people the benefit of doubt and give everyone a few chances

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"In the world of fab your reputation preceeds you as well as how you conduct yourself in mails & in person.

My question is, is it possible to change a bad perception of you or do you do what so many do and try and reinvent yourself with a new name/profile/pics?

Also would you meet a person with a known bad reputation and give them a chance?"

There's bad reputation and bad reputation in my opinion.

The gossipy comments like she fucks everyone with a pulse, he told me he's married so watch out, she said that he said etc... ok...

I will make my own my up thanks... and totally forget the blah blah

Then you have more serious comments from your Fab friends or others... such as meet this guy... he hurt me... and you can see the bloody injuries on the girl and other comments along those lines!

Those I store so I don't get myself in situations.

People on here judge you... because of your pics, your forum comments, your verifs, what others say about you!

Am totally fine with that! It is theirs and my prerogative!

I am me! No point in x-amount of reincarnations I don't know how to be anyone else!

And personally, I am happy with the person I am, I will keep my spots thanks!

Hope this makes sense

Bellshill

"In the world of fab your reputation preceeds you as well as how you conduct yourself in mails & in person.

Also would you meet a person with a known bad reputation and give them a chance?

The gossipy comments like she fucks everyone with a pulse, he told me he's married so watch out, she said that he said etc... ok...

Then you have more serious comments from your Fab friends or others... such as meet this guy... he hurt me... and you can see the bloody injuries on the girl and other comments along those lines!

People on here judge you... because of your pics, your forum comments, your verifs, what others say about you!

I am me! No point in x-amount of reincarnations I don't know how to be anyone else!

Hope this makes sense "

Very true. It's all good and well ignoring what's been said but if you've seen something first hand or been involved in it then it should serve as a warning and I don't think there's anything wrong with warning others

"It's all good and well ignoring what's been said but if you've seen something first hand or been involved in it then it should serve as a warning and I don't think there's anything wrong with warning others"

That depends what the warning is....

Edinburgh

Hope this makes sense

Very true. It's all good and well ignoring what's been said but if you've seen something first hand or been involved in it then it should serve as a warning and I don't think there's anything wrong with warning others"

I totally agree!

Better be safe than sorry!

And as a single female meeting alone genuine warnings are appreciated here.

Same I will give a genuine info and the person can do as they wish with it.

Edinburgh

And am speaking 'safety' warnings

"And am speaking 'safety' warnings "

Southampton

Hope this makes sense

Very true. It's all good and well ignoring what's been said but if you've seen something first hand or been involved in it then it should serve as a warning and I don't think there's anything wrong with warning others"

Then if that's case and through this site I'd be reporting to admin.if others safety is genuinely at risk then surely they'd not want person on site at all.

Southampton

In fact my first port of call would be police if I was witness or had my safty threatened

Edinburgh

Hope this makes sense

Very true. It's all good and well ignoring what's been said but if you've seen something first hand or been involved in it then it should serve as a warning and I don't think there's anything wrong with warning others

Then if that's case and through this site I'd be reporting to admin.if others safety is genuinely at risk then surely they'd not want person on site at all.

"

One girl I have in mind, he got reported 2 days later, profile gone, but is he back? No idea.

She refused to go to the police and the doctor and I tried!

Took a full week for her to have all physical injuries away! In my opinion, It was an assault and not their first meet. Still would not go to either!

People see and deal with things differently. I just had to support her the best I could although same as you it would not be my reaction.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Doesn't matter what a person has done they will always find a way to create a new profile.

Bellshill

"Doesn't matter what a person has done they will always find a way to create a new profile. "

This is unfortunately true

Glasgow

"Doesn't matter what a person has done they will always find a way to create a new profile.

This is unfortunately true"

Usually when they do this you can spot them right away

K x

south east

"Doesn't matter what a person has done they will always find a way to create a new profile.

K x"

My reputation is neither good bad or indifferent, and I don't particularly care either way.

I am here for a reason and as long as I'm happy, my friends and meets are happy nobody gets hurt then long may it continue.

There are Cliques in here same as there is in the vanilla world but hey none of them will have me so live and let live

We are all here for the same thing and anyway remember at school the guy with the worst rep got the girls or at least the ones that were most fun.

Glasgow

K x"

Yup as if by magic! Too easy to spot certain folk no matter how hard they try

John

"There's folk on this site who make things up about people they've never met. I know this from experience. This forum just creates cliques and groups of bullies. It's always the people who say on their profiles that they want no drama that usually cause it or add to it. "
so true

"There's folk on this site who make things up about people they've never met. I know this from experience. This forum just creates cliques and groups of bullies. It's always the people who say on their profiles that they want no drama that usually cause it or add to it. "
so true

I agree with you completely , if you don't like someone"hawd yet weesht" . Let everyone form their own opinion on someone's character. I tell my kids sometimes it's better to think it ,not say it.. Some people make mistakes make faux pars, but you see some folk being slated continually, snidey wee digs n comments just keeping it going..Meanwhile the real freaks m creeps are passing by unnoticed.

By *esparate danMan  over a year ago

glasgow

"There's folk on this site who make things up about people they've never met. I know this from experience. This forum just creates cliques and groups of bullies. It's always the people who say on their profiles that they want no drama that usually cause it or add to it. I agree with you completely , if you don't like someone"hawd yet weesht" . Let everyone form their own opinion on someone's character. I tell my kids sometimes it's better to think it ,not say it.. Some people make mistakes make faux pars, but you see some folk being slated continually, snidey wee digs n comments just keeping it going..Meanwhile the real freaks m creeps are passing by unnoticed."

I heard that

Don't ever hear the gossip so wouldn't know if anyone had a bad reputation. Though always go with my own mind and gut feeling.

Bellshill

"There's folk on this site who make things up about people they've never met. I know this from experience. This forum just creates cliques and groups of bullies. It's always the people who say on their profiles that they want no drama that usually cause it or add to it. I agree with you completely , if you don't like someone"hawd yet weesht" . Let everyone form their own opinion on someone's character. I tell my kids sometimes it's better to think it ,not say it.. Some people make mistakes make faux pars, but you see some folk being slated continually, snidey wee digs n comments just keeping it going..Meanwhile the real freaks m creeps are passing by unnoticed."

A few of the real creeps have been identified through people speaking out. There's a fine line between gossip and people speaking up. Usually if it's true it's not so much gossip as people who have just had enough

Falkirk

"My reputation is neither good bad or indifferent, and I don't particularly care either way.

I am here for a reason and as long as I'm happy, my friends and meets are happy nobody gets hurt then long may it continue.

There are Cliques in here same as there is in the vanilla world but hey none of them will have me so live and let live

We are all here for the same thing and anyway remember at school the guy with the worst rep got the girls or at least the ones that were most fun.

"

Hey, that's not true Rok....you can come and join my cake clique anytime

Falkirk

You see?

Some people revel in the fact that some people don't like them......

And they like to perpetuate that by actively mocking their own 'clique'.

But really what they are actually saying is, if you're nice, smiley and don't care then we can all be friends

Bellshill

"You see?

Some people revel in the fact that some people don't like them......

And they like to perpetuate that by actively mocking their own 'clique'.

But really what they are actually saying is, if you're nice, smiley and don't care then we can all be friends "

I think it's more they love the drama that surrounds them as it makes them feel interesting

A leopard doesn't change its spots.

"A few of the real creeps have been identified through people speaking out. There's a fine line between gossip and people speaking up. Usually if it's true it's not so much gossip as people who have just had enough "

Exactly this however there's nothing worse than speaking out, highlighting creeps and being slated openly for it by other members.

Members who ofcourse then don't want to acknowledge they backed the wrong horse when you were proven right...

Forums are funny places eh.

Have a good weekend y'all