FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Fitness diet , body shape

Fitness diet , body shape

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Has any one else like me from this site found them not likeing there bodies more?? Am a 18 stone guy and want to get back to 14stone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *andleCoolMan  over a year ago

dundee

"Has any one else like me from this site found them not likeing there bodies more?? Am a 18 stone guy and want to get back to 14stone "

Part of the beauty of getting older is accepting yourself, for better or worst. Remember even the 'prettiest' people habe dome kibd of insecurity. You can only deal with the cards you've been given.

However if is still bothering you, no shortage of gyms in Scotland and guaramtee will be all types of body sizes, not just muscle men. Also change your diet?

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Has any one else like me from this site found them not likeing there bodies more?? Am a 18 stone guy and want to get back to 14stone

Part of the beauty of getting older is accepting yourself, for better or worst. Remember even the 'prettiest' people habe dome kibd of insecurity. You can only deal with the cards you've been given.

However if is still bothering you, no shortage of gyms in Scotland and guaramtee will be all types of body sizes, not just muscle men. Also change your diet?"

You don't even need to pay for the gym!

Get some trainers and get out there!

Start walking, get an app to get you going and make changes to your diet.

Sorry am gonna say it again but am proud of maself! Lol

In 6 months I have lost 2 and a half stone, changing my diet and hitting the roads 3 times a week! I only bought trainers!

I don't think Fab changes the way you view your body, your insecurities are there from the start.

There's a Fit and healthy thread doing on, I will bump it for you. You can join in and get motivation and tips.

But at the end of the day, you are the one who knows if you want to change!

You can do it!

One small step at the time.

Good luck OP

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yeah. I am less than 12 stone but still want to lose fat and build muscle. The thing to do is learn to accept yourself while working to make any changes you desire. Else you'll never be satisfied.

Give up sugar.

It's easier than you think!

dundee

"Give up sugar.

It's easier than you think! "

Are you serious!?!? Must be a stronger willed person than me

dundee

"Has any one else like me from this site found them not likeing there bodies more?? Am a 18 stone guy and want to get back to 14stone

However if is still bothering you, no shortage of gyms in Scotland and guaramtee will be all types of body sizes, not just muscle men. Also change your diet?

In 6 months I have lost 2 and a half stone, changing my diet and hitting the roads 3 times a week! I only bought trainers!

I don't think Fab changes the way you view your body, your insecurities are there from the start.

There's a Fit and healthy thread doing on, I will bump it for you. You can join in and get motivation and tips.

You can do it!

Good luck OP "

True, can't believe I never thought of that, this guys only excercise regime is jogging round the park in a £10 pair of sandshoes. Scarily high metabolism mind you, we are all blessed in different ways. Would rather have boobs though

"Has any one else like me from this site found them not likeing there bodies more?? Am a 18 stone guy and want to get back to 14stone "

I was the same, started following the bodycoach plan. It works wonders

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

And you look amazing for it! I know the feeling of not being happy with your body OP. I was brought up being told how fat I was by friends and parents alike. I dieted from the age of 11 trying to lose weight and finally managed to last year and lost 10 kg. Even now though I'm not happy with myself. You need to find a balance of eating and exercising as that's all it takes! Oh, and a bit of determination, so much of it is in your mind and if you want to and believe you can do it, you will. And though I'm not happy with myself yet, I know if I control my diet and exercise more then eventually I will be!

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

That was me, Belle

By *yldstyleWoman  over a year ago

A world of my own

Sometimes this site has at times made me feel better about my body. However that only lasts a few moments usually!

I have many insecurities,my body and my looks are perhaps my biggest. I know I could diet and exercise more. I know I probably could shift a few stone. However emotionally I'm not in a,place to be able to not fall at the first hurdle.

I also think that my looks and size are just useful targets to save me addressing other issues that would still be there.

Maybe it makes me lazy. Who knows? However I'd really like to learn to like myself a bit in order to change successfully x

"Sometimes this site has at times made me feel better about my body. However that only lasts a few moments usually!

I have many insecurities,my body and my looks are perhaps my biggest. I know I could diet and exercise more. I know I probably could shift a few stone. However emotionally I'm not in a,place to be able to not fall at the first hurdle.

I also think that my looks and size are just useful targets to save me addressing other issues that would still be there.

Maybe it makes me lazy. Who knows? However I'd really like to learn to like myself a bit in order to change successfully x"

You should try reading 'the goddess revolution' it might help

dundee

"Sometimes this site has at times made me feel better about my body. However that only lasts a few moments usually!

Maybe it makes me lazy. Who knows? However I'd really like to learn to like myself a bit in order to change successfully x"

Shame that such a beauty could feel that way but then that's normal and human nature. As a former sufferer of low self esteem found you can get told something a million times but not til you truly believe it yourself, that the change happens. Comforting thing is we are not alone in this, the worlds 'top' models feel this way, Brad Pitt / Angelina Jolie will have their worries, Kate Moss wakes up feeling like a dog in the morning. If can manage to get over this would be life changing have great confidence you will and sure you'll be just fine.

I fell the same O.P so have been going to the gym and got a P.T

Muscle wise I'm pretty chuffed with myself but struggling to shift the belly.

The hardest step is the first one, drag your arse into the gym and soon enough youll be addicted.

Best of luck

A wee tip for anyone new to diet or fitness:

Take baby steps and make one or two changes a week. For example week 1 swap sugary drinks for water and make sure to drink 2 ltrs a day.

Week 2 try having at least three days healthy meals.

Week 3 start walking atleast 20 min a day

And keep it going. Sometimes you will fail but remember tomorrow is a new day.

"Yeah. I am less than 12 stone but still want to lose fat and build muscle. The thing to do is learn to accept yourself while working to make any changes you desire. Else you'll never be satisfied."
your hot !!!

" your hot !!! "

Why thank you xx

" your hot !!!

Why thank you xx "

Hay guys thank for tips and info . I have found you can get inspiration from the oddist of places .

I find people want to meet us as the miss is a skiny size 6 but am 18 stone , dont look it but its the belly where it sits , legs and arms /ass all quite firm lol

By *heekyguy2Man  over a year ago

Local

I used a cleanse and detox prog to help with losing weight and getting healthier. Helped with my sleep, energy levels and concentration too.

I've put on loads of weight

I'm an ex boxer and a boxing coach,

I'm getting back in shape. I can help anyone if they want to train

By *ola cubesMan  over a year ago

coatbridge

Many many many regimes gyms and clubs will claim they can do this that or the other.......its all rubbish they can do nothing other than give you information. The drive to change anything has to come from yourself. So once you realise this ask yourself exactly what you want and exactly what sacrafices you will make to get there. Then make a plan and stick to it as much as possible. Even after this you may not be happy comfort in your own skin is harder to gain than a six pack n guns.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

It's not easy. I've lost almost half a stone in January. Slow progress but some nonetheless.

Cut out biscuits, walking more and trying to drink more water.

This is a great support group in itself. People will appreciate you for who you are.

By *earded villainMan  over a year ago

EDINBURGH

not a fan of my body .

20 stone and a big unit . just need to pass a chippy to pile weight on and it all goes to the belly .

regular gym goer and eat fairly clean . diet could always be better but at near 42 my days of a 6 packed adonis are gone . on the plus side im strong as fuck

By *uzanne and RickyCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

I lost 36lbs in 4 months doing the Atkins/low carb diet. Found it easy to follow after a while then increased my physical output and the weight fell off.

I think it's finding the right diet and excercise regime that suits your lifestyle and your half way there. Good luck to all.

R

summer is coming, this will encourage long walks, hill climbing etc

If you feel competent to join a gym them that can be encouraged too, outside activities can really help your fitness, wish you well

Thanks for info 3 weeks ago when i posted this i fought i was 18st turned out i was 18 .9 and after 3 weeks of dieting i have now hit 18stone ??

Am not happy but a combination of age,injury and gravitational pull are winning.

So have decided to say what the he'll and just get on with life

By *exy gentMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

You can do it!

Good luck OP "

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

I'm the total opposite, can't put weight on for love nor money.

You can do it!

Good luck OP "

What a fantastic and inspirational post.

Believe me the people you probably look at and wish you had their body will look at someone else and wish the same, as you improve your shape you will get used to it and see it as nothing more than normal and you will be back to the stage where you feel like you need to improve it

May not be true for some but this is what I have found with myself, I have yet to be happy with myself even though I've hit every target I have set so far the grass isn't always greener as they say

» Add a new message to this topic