FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > Scotland > Slimming World

Slimming World

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *earded blossom OP   Couple  over a year ago

Glasgow

Planning to go along tomorrow. Does anyone have any recent success stories? Thanks

K X

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oobsandballsMan  over a year ago

st andrews

I've been going since January and some people in my group have done really well. One woman has lost 7st in 9 months.

The plan is varied and you do get plenty to eat

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Have done this....plus weight watchers and Scottish slimmers....and C9 cleanse....slimming world was my least favourite.....stuck to them all tho and they all worked x

Glasgow

My problem is portion control, I'm a total feeder. Looking to shift just over a stone. Thanks for feedback

K x

By *atmanhMan  over a year ago

bellshill

Easy to stick to if you are at home or office

Harder on the road.

I lost 3st in 10weeks last time. managed to keep it off too

Glasgow

"Easy to stick to if you are at home or office

Harder on the road.

I lost 3st in 10weeks last time. managed to keep it off too"

Wow that's brilliant!

K x

st andrews

"My problem is portion control, I'm a total feeder. Looking to shift just over a stone. Thanks for feedback

K x"

Mine is sweets

Mine is food.

Glasgow

"Mine is food."

Ha! Mine too!

K x

I knew a Woman who was 30stone.She went too Slimming World.She couldnt tell the difference between Sex and losing weight..

They told her ..

One was she was trying to Diet..The other was she was dying too try it

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

I started back this morning after over a year off the weight has more than jumped back on,never feel hungry on it and love the recipes.

Malaysian red pepper and chicken curry on simmering for t it's my favourite .Good luck

Glasgow

"I started back this morning after over a year off the weight has more than jumped back on,never feel hungry on it and love the recipes.

Malaysian red pepper and chicken curry on simmering for t it's my favourite .Good luck "

Thanks! I've had some real encouraging messages so feeling quite positive about it

K x

Good luck

Glasgow

"I started back this morning after over a year off the weight has more than jumped back on,never feel hungry on it and love the recipes.

Malaysian red pepper and chicken curry on simmering for t it's my favourite .Good luck

Thanks! I've had some real encouraging messages so feeling quite positive about it

K x"

Oops meant really!

Glasgow

"Good luck "

Thank you

K x

If you like to eat quite often it's a good diet with good results. I actually felt like I was eating all the time so didn't like it.

You don't need to lose any weight Mrs you've got a great figure x

Glasgow

"If you like to eat quite often it's a good diet with good results. I actually felt like I was eating all the time so didn't like it.

You don't need to lose any weight Mrs you've got a great figure x"

Everything we do revolves around food so this sounds great lol!

When you go shopping n have to go home n change because your jeans are cutting you in half... It's time to lose weight lol

K x

By *ompip3Couple  over a year ago

Paisley

Pip tried it a few years ago prior to a wedding, so I ate the same as her....We both lost weight easily and never really felt like we were dieting as always plenty to eat, and all freshly prepared and no fats.

She used to save up her "sins" all week, and meant she could still enjoy a few wines at the weekend!

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 18/07/16 17:54:09]

Glasgow

"Pip tried it a few years ago prior to a wedding, so I ate the same as her....We both lost weight easily and never really felt like we were dieting as always plenty to eat, and all freshly prepared and no fats.

She used to save up her "sins" all week, and meant she could still enjoy a few wines at the weekend! "

That was my plan with John as he could be doing with losing a few pounds like the sins idea as well

K x

heard its a great plan

I don't use slimmers, weight watchers or anything like that.

I count my calorie intake and exercise.

That exercise may only be a 30 minute walk every day but add that to a calorie controlled diet and I've lost 3 stone since January.

An average man takes in 2000-2500 calories per day. I take in 1500 but I burn approx 2500 therefore lost the weight.

Once I hit my target weight I will allow it to balance out.

By *awty MaxWoman  over a year ago

Edinburgh

I have no will and I love cooking and baking... And eating.

Heard lots of good feedback about it though from a couple of friends, weight watchers worked for me few years back.

Doesn't look like you need to lose a stone to me but good luck K xx

Glasgow

"I have no will and I love cooking and baking... And eating.

Heard lots of good feedback about it though from a couple of friends, weight watchers worked for me few years back.

Doesn't look like you need to lose a stone to me but good luck K xx "

Recently changed jobs... Worked out I was walking close to 20 miles per day, lucky if I'm now walking 5 so that's a big part of my weight gain

K x

Glasgow

"I don't use slimmers, weight watchers or anything like that.

I count my calorie intake and exercise.

That exercise may only be a 30 minute walk every day but add that to a calorie controlled diet and I've lost 3 stone since January.

An average man takes in 2000-2500 calories per day. I take in 1500 but I burn approx 2500 therefore lost the weight.

Once I hit my target weight I will allow it to balance out.

"

I wish I could be that disciplined, I'm rubbish at these things on my own

K x

By *ripleXrateDWoman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Im starting on thursday aswell as i really need to loose some weight so really hoping that it will work for me but my problem is i never feel hungry due to alot of medication so fingers crossed i get some good hints and tips that will help me out xxxxx

My will power is rubbish but i took along a girl from work ... I quit ... she stayed and got to target in less than 12 weeks (she had just over a stone to lose) and has stayed at target since x

Glasgow

"My will power is rubbish but i took along a girl from work ... I quit ... she stayed and got to target in less than 12 weeks (she had just over a stone to lose) and has stayed at target since x"

Was that recently L?

K x

Started 2 weeks ago, first week lost 8 1/2 lbs lost 3 1/2 last week, get weighed tomorrow night but not feeling very positive ??

Glasgow

That's really good! Good luck tomorrow

K x

Think I will need it

By *izzabelle and well hungCouple  over a year ago

Edinburgh.

It's about finding a system and sticking with it. You also need to see results and know it's working. You need to enjoy the feeling of abstaining. Get some sort of "fit watch" and do some exercise.

I can show you a before and after that will make your eyes pop out on stalks.

JUST DO IT.

By *orth and southCouple  over a year ago

scotland

Scottish Slimmers for me all the way. Tried WW and tried slimming world but always go back to Scottish Slimmers. Just wish I could do it on my own - save a bloody fortune!! Good luck Karen. xx

When i stick to plan, i can be very good...but lately my mojo and willpower seem to have emigrated

Hmmm...I've just had a roll n links with butter and hp.

Sorry.

st andrews

"When i stick to plan, i can be very good...but lately my mojo and willpower seem to have emigrated "

Same

I'm going on a cheat diet I'm to fussy a eater for slimming world. Good luck though K

"My will power is rubbish but i took along a girl from work ... I quit ... she stayed and got to target in less than 12 weeks (she had just over a stone to lose) and has stayed at target since x

Was that recently L?

K x"

Yeah we started in february and i quit in march

She keeps trying to get me to come back ... Im just happy someone got something out of me joining

"My will power is rubbish but i took along a girl from work ... I quit ... she stayed and got to target in less than 12 weeks (she had just over a stone to lose) and has stayed at target since x

Was that recently L?

K x

Yeah we started in february and i quit in march

She keeps trying to get me to come back ... Im just happy someone got something out of me joining "

They also say the bigger you are the quicker it drops off ... So given your not big K about 1-1.5 pounds a week is ideal ... That was all the girl from work aimed for and that was the stone in less than the 12 week block we bought x

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Ive allways stuck to Weight Watchers but im going to give this a try im about 3/4 stone over weight but ive bought loads of lovely underwear from Boux Avenue and i usually loose weight in my boobs so i guess it will be new under wear shopping for me But seriously bad health problems creeping in so Slimming world for me

By *eather47Woman  over a year ago

Glasgow

I also have a thyroid problem so losing weight could be that wee bit harder

"Planning to go along tomorrow. Does anyone have any recent success stories? Thanks

K X"

Lost 3 Stone since Jan 16, using slimming world, and maintaining the loss

By *horstrollMan  over a year ago

Caprona

I lost two stone, the burgers are good with a tasty chilli sauce at work. frozen meals are ideal for a week. They contain the recipes on the back allowing you to make them. If you have a big freezer then steamed spinach is awesome, chicken sausages rank meatballs and the sauces ideal.

pm for some hints n tips on how to eat tunnock teacakes and chocolate

Glasgow

"I lost two stone, the burgers are good with a tasty chilli sauce at work. frozen meals are ideal for a week. They contain the recipes on the back allowing you to make them. If you have a big freezer then steamed spinach is awesome, chicken sausages rank meatballs and the sauces ideal.

pm for some hints n tips on how to eat tunnock teacakes and chocolate "

Tunnocks tea cakes are my favourite! Always have them in

K x

Yeah I'm just starting this. Not really looking for meets till I slim down as I've gotten fat recently.

Just a wee tip for anyone struggling with a diet. I've been using glucomannan tablets for the last week to supress my appetite and they work very well. I take one about a hour before dinner and two around 7/8 at night when I normaly start snacking and I feel full up for a few hours with them.

Glasgow

I haven't struggled at all with feeling hungry, only struggle has been the sweet stuff

K x

"I haven't struggled at all with feeling hungry, only struggle has been the sweet stuff

K x"

I don't eat much during the day as I don't feel hungry till dinner time. Then around 10ish I feel a little hungry and start to snack. I was shocked when I started calories counting to see just how much crap I was eating. That's probably the reason I put so much weight on. Tablets are really helping that was 3 pounds I took off on Wednesday there

"I haven't struggled at all with feeling hungry, only struggle has been the sweet stuff

K x"

Quark, sweetener and strawberries are a godsend. Quite fond of the SW haribo style sweets too

Glasgow

K x

Quark, sweetener and strawberries are a godsend. Quite fond of the SW haribo style sweets too "

What is quark?

K x

K x

Quark, sweetener and strawberries are a godsend. Quite fond of the SW haribo style sweets too

What is quark?

K x"

I don't actually know haha, it's kinda like a soft cheese? Its fat free so it makes a great substitute for other cheeses/dairy products. I make SW friendly carbonara, cheesecakes, sour cream, basically anything with it! Was quite gross at first but you get used to it

Glasgow

K x

What is quark?

K x

I don't actually know haha, it's kinda like a soft cheese? Its fat free so it makes a great substitute for other cheeses/dairy products. I make SW friendly carbonara, cheesecakes, sour cream, basically anything with it! Was quite gross at first but you get used to it "

Thanks I'll check this out

K x

All this talk of diets reminds me just how much I miss my roll with laughing cow and salt n vinager crisps

By *appyDeviantsCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

K x"

homemade haribos are great to snack on and free

By *ouise and jamieCouple  over a year ago

Dunfermline

We have been talking about joining, I (Jamie) really need to lose a lot of weight, i think having Louise joining with me will give me the support and encouragement to keep going to target

Glasgow

K xhomemade haribos are great to snack on and free "

Oohh I'll need to check that out

K x

By *ewels74Woman  over a year ago

Dundee/Angus/Blackpool

Crunch time for me I know when I do want I can lose the weight, just my main problem is will power and i used to do step aerobics years ago,used to swim weekly,used to go horseriding weekly,used to properly walk daily.

But my main problem is every single part of my body hurts literally,have had a bad back for around 25 yrs gradually moved up to down my lower back,down the back of one of my thighs ughs...I also get embarrassed running or walking cause my boobs are just too big another issue as to back issues lol, plus I hurt right ankle few yrs back by going right over it,and it's stiff and never healed

The core of me used to be flat now it's not im so embarrassed of how I look it's one of the reasons it takes me all my time to want to be social lol

Been going for over a year now and lost a few stone.... Lots more to lose still.

Dont beat yourself up if you dont lose for a week or two. Look at the bigger picture.... what you've lost over 6 months or a full year.

Good luck x

Some weeks if you don't lose lbs, it can be inches you lose, main thing is your making better choices/changes

By *ouncingBiscuitsWoman  over a year ago

toy town, Glasgow

"Planning to go along tomorrow. Does anyone have any recent success stories? Thanks

K X"

I joined back last Wednesday and lost 6lb my first week , that after I've put on 2stone since February , good luck K it's the best healthy eating plan out for me for sure xx

Glasgow

"We have been talking about joining, I (Jamie) really need to lose a lot of weight, i think having Louise joining with me will give me the support and encouragement to keep going to target "

John was supposed to... I ended up goin myself, he doesn't have the willpower or want to give up good stuff

K X

By *azman4Man  over a year ago

Fife /Edinburgh

[Removed by poster at 23/07/16 18:14:14]

First week down and I also lost 6lbs. Hasn't been that bad at all.

Glasgow

"First week down and I also lost 6lbs. Hasn't been that bad at all."

Hope I'm that lucky! Well done

K x

Glasgow

[Removed by poster at 26/07/16 13:29:57]

Glasgow

So... First week done, I lost 1lb. Don't know whether to be happy or greet lol

K x

"So... First week done, I lost 1lb. Don't know whether to be happy or greet lol

K x"

I was on it at home for two weeks, lost 8lbs. Went back to class and only lost a 1lb the first week, I'd been extra good as well, so I just stuck to it and the next week I'd lost 10lbs!! Have you seen a 1lb of fat? It's a lot so be pleased with yourself! If you weigh more you lose more apparently and you're a nice size anyway, stick with it.

Tried it and hated it.

I have been cutting out all the shit and just eating chicken and lots and lots and lots of veg and salads and been exercising once a week and have lost 2 stone since May

Glasgow

"So... First week done, I lost 1lb. Don't know whether to be happy or greet lol

K x

I was on it at home for two weeks, lost 8lbs. Went back to class and only lost a 1lb the first week, I'd been extra good as well, so I just stuck to it and the next week I'd lost 10lbs!! Have you seen a 1lb of fat? It's a lot so be pleased with yourself! If you weigh more you lose more apparently and you're a nice size anyway, stick with it. "

There was a larger lady there who lost 11lb n that's what they said to me... The bigger you are the more you'll lose at the beginning n apparently I don't have much to lose. I'll be happy if I get to my target (1 stone off) in 12 weeks

K x

Glasgow

"Tried it and hated it.

I have been cutting out all the shit and just eating chicken and lots and lots and lots of veg and salads and been exercising once a week and have lost 2 stone since May "

That's amazing! Well done

Kx

I've lost 42 lbs all in since January 2015.. It's bloody nuts how you still eat but lose weight

» Add a new message to this topic